Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

POLL - what is your role

What is your role in an rp

• Total voters
Personally, I'm submissive but rarely ever get to be that role in life.

Roleplay wise, I have no role. I can play any, just depends on how the character is.

My characters tend to possess dominant/independent personas, and they're also the type I look to write opposite, preferring to steer well away from D/s labels, particularly in unchangeably assigning them before a story even commences, so none of the poll options are really applicable to me. I'd rather just see where the natural interaction of the characters takes us.

Mr Quixotic said:
My characters tend to possess dominant personas, however, I prefer to steer well away from D/s labels, so none of the poll options are really applicable to me.

Same. I find confident and assertive characters much more interesting and entertaining to write for. I've never really been into the D/s scene.

Sorry Rudolph, as I tend to do, I'd edited my post for clarification, not realising you'd already quoted it.

Totally agree, I don't think of my characters in terms of Dom/Sub/Switch, or stick them with an overarching label (I will use those terms where they have an applicable meaning within a specific context), as I don't with myself. I'm just 'me', which can mean a variety of different things at different times.

One of my favourite themes is competition between two equally independent, assertive and confident characters, as it's a personal preference, plus I think it opens up a lot more options, and provides much more unpredictability to the story, in comparison to having designated 'Dominant' and 'Submissive' roles.'

I have also taken the D/s dynamic out of my request thread. I find that people use them to define their characters personality and that's not how real people work at all.

I don't know how to vote here. *l* I like to experience a bit of pain, helplessness, surrender in sexual encounters. Im not submissive at all however. I have characters with agendas. They have goals. They have drive. I am intelligent. My characters tend to be intelligent. They aren't content doing what they are told to do. I dont mind my characters having bad luck. I dont mind them fucking up. I dont mind consequences. Thats why I love vampire life roleplaying. Personal horror. You strive for power. You fail. You take the consequences.
My personal horror was finding out how fucking good I am at ruthlessly getting what I want. Or rather... how far my characters are willing to go to get it.
Bah. Im rambling.
Answer: I love kinky stuff on the bottom side, yes. Im no submissive. Im no "Domme" either.

I prefer it when neither side knows what their role truly is. Its about having fun, not labels and roles. "Lets fight over the whip", I guess, but I'm not really into pain as an element of sex. BDSM repulses me. I'm talking about dominance as being assertive and taking charge, which I want to be mutual between the two sides.

My characters will be bottom but they won't be submissive, and definitely never passive.

Based on what I like to do to my characters, I may have to admit I am a sadist. :blush:

I guess I am a switch, but really, I like to play three dimensional characters with fully formed personalities. Hopes and fears, loves and regrets, all of which inform their decision making process. Sometimes they are aggressive in bed, sometimes submissive. My favorite rps are ones where the characters fight over such roles.

Back
Top Bottom