Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stand By Me (Liliana & Rskde)

Popping his leg, "For one that was a hard range." Trying to look at him with no smile on her face. But that was hard to do. A laugh busting from her lips. "Well, I'm glad that you thought it was funny. Everyone thought it was funny. Me not so much." Watching the sun go down, at least they were close they would be able to stay warm tonight. Even being a different place, she always loved to watch the sun set. There was a magic to it.

Without thinking as he put his arm around her, she moves herself a little bit closer. Rolling her eyes, "What are you in grade school now?" Teasing him, "But you better watch out, Jason. Once you get my cooties there is not going back from it." Laughing at her own joke. "Well, that is one way of looking at it. Though it take all the fun out of the actual kissing." Glancing up to him, wondering what it would be like to kiss him. "Don't be sorry I like that you say what is your mind. You don't hold back, you never have."

Taking the water bottle as he hands it to her, taking a sip herself. Putting he cap back on setting it beside her. Smiling softly, "Jason I don't want you to change. You don't have to explain why you are the way you are. You are Jason, my troll. The only one that is allowed to give me hell. Because would flatten anyone else that called me that. So, please just stay the way you are." Her voice soft and sweet.

Patting his leg softly, "You get your rest Jason. I got your back." Feeling closer to him then she had anyone else before. Feeling his breathing even out as he fell asleep. Keeping her eyes open, not wanting to move from this spot. The end of the day prayer started to play. Hoping that it wouldn't wake Jason. Getting out her goggles, looking out and keeping watch over Jason.

In the middle of the night, a loud explosion rocks the earth, making Jason jump in his sleep straight back into reality. He scrambles to get his gear on, throwing on his vest and helmet before grabbing his rifle and jogging over to the edge of the building to see what the hell had happened.

A large fire is outside of the marketplace, what looks like the remains of a fuel truck are the cause of the blaze, a crowd of people is screaming, another crowd screaming prayers to Allah, as if thanking their God for the giant blaze. Jason's gloved hand shakes as he grabs a small picture, one of the targets. "Eden, I see one.. Lieutenant Hamash, bearing one thirty, look at your compass and get me a distance on it." He says while looking through his scope at the man in question, who stands at the head of the crowd, an AK 47 held high over his head.

"Never mind, I've got this." He breathes, he takes another shaky breath, his finger tightening around the trigger of his rifle. Once his breath is let out his shot echoes through the night, the bullet flying straight into the Lieutenant's chest, causing his blood to spray the people behind him, but there is no collateral damage, he is the only one to fall.

"Fuck! I missed his head." Jason says with a groan, he takes a red sharpie from his gear bag, crossing off the Lieutenant's picture. "And here we thought we'd have a good night sleep." He says with a laugh, shaking his head. "I don't think they saw where we were, no more shots for tonight, no matter how many targets are down there." He says while giving her a nod, picking up his rifle and moving back into the cover of the construction site.

Jumping as Jason woke up, as she shook on the ground. Grabbing up her armor, putting it back on as fast as she could. Grabbing up her things follow after him. Her heart was racing in her chest. Thinking that she this wouldn't bother her. But she was wrong about that. This was the worst that she had ever felt in her life. They were so close to the chaos that was going on down below.

Peeking over the edge of looking down at the mass of people that all around. They were in a cluster fuck that was for sure. They wouldn't be leaving here anytime soon. Getting out her compass as fast as she could. Starting to get a distance on him. Blocking out all the noise of the screaming people below. Just as she was about to give him the distance he caught her off. Hoping that he hit his mark,

Staying close to him, like they had done in their training. Keeping her eye out on the people. Hoping to god they wouldn't hear the shot. But it wasn't likely, because they were screaming to loud. Seeing the people rush around trying to figure out who shot him. This didn't look good.

Picking up her things, "You killed him, at this point that is all that matters. One shot one kill. You did that." Laughing, "Yeah thats not going to be happening anytime soon." Her body relaxes, "Lets hope they didn't. Not like they were really paying attention to anything. They are busy with their own things at the moment." Nodding her head back to him. Following him back cover. Grabbing her gun, placing it across her body. Not wanting to be without it right now.

The sounds of war were all around them. Rubbing her face, "Welcome to hell." Laughing humorless. Looking to Jason, they were safe for now. That is all that matters to her in this moment. Having made a vow that she would get him out of here alive. Propping her arms on her knees. "Still think we are going to be out of here in two weeks?" Keeping herself close to Jason. It made her feel better.

Jason laughs. "If they keep showing off their dumbasses like that? We'll be out of here in one." He says while shaking his head, pulling off his helmet. The crowd below was starting to disperse, the foot soldiers carrying the dead body of the officer away from the scene, some of them still looking around for the killer but it was unlikely they would be found.

"You know, it doesn't feel very good to kill someone." He says to her quietly, resting his head on her shoulder. "I instantly felt bad, I dunno why, just.. The second I saw him drop I knew my actions were irreversible." He says, his helmet still on his head as he stares out at the city, his rifle tucked firmly into his chest. "I wasn't expecting to feel that, you know?" He asks her quietly.

He sits up for a moment to take his helmet off, deciding this time to leave his vest on. He puts his arm around Eden again, biting the inside of his cheek as he wonders what she thinks of this. He had always been attracted to her, sharing rooms didn't exactly help and with the amount of time they had spent together he had gotten to know her almost too well, of course they still had their boundaries, not wanting to mess up the teamwork they had built up, though he wonders if she feels the same way about him.

Laughing some, "I'm glad you have great goals. I do hope that it is just a week." Watching the people below. Pushing all her feelings aside. What good would it do to talk about them. Everything had changed. As his body goes by, looking away from the body. Wishing that she was back on base. Not having to find people that needed to be killed. But this was her job. And she would do it as best as she could.

Reaching to his cheek as he laid his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry Jason.." Her voice a soft whisper. Only he could hear the words she spoke. "Know what you did, also saved others, so many others." Placing her head on top of his. How she wished she could take that away from him. Not wanting him to feel bad for what he had done. She was silent for a moment, "I couldn't look at his body.." She had pulled the trigger but she was there. Seeing it with her own eyes. It changed her to see someone be killed. "I know what you mean.."

Cuddling as close as she could to him, taking comfornt from him in this moment. Slipping her helmet off as well. Her stomach was turning, not wanting to get sick from all of this. But Jason holding her helped her calm down. Would they make through the night? That scared her, because if they didn't he wouldn't know how she felt. Hell, did he even feel anything for her. Other then the teamwork and friendship they have. Her body shaking a little bit, trying to hide that from Jason. But it was never easy to hide something from him. "Jason...I..." No she should tell him not now. What kind of person would she be? Saying, Oh by the way Jason I like, a lot. Sighing, trying to pull herself together. She would tell him, she just needed a good time.

He can feel her body shaking, he pulls off his overcoat, wrapping it around her shoulders. "You seem cold." He mutters to her, knowing that she knows he can take the cold with ease. He is just now wearing an undershirt, basically a desert camo t-shirt when it comes down to it. He pulls her close to him to keep warm, they had to pack light so there would be no sleeping bags or blankets for them until they got back to base.

"Eden, I don't want to die." He says to her quietly. "Every time I think about this city the only thing I can think about is death." He explains. "I don't think my family even knows I'm here.. And normally I wouldn't care but I just want someone to remember me for who I am." He explains. "Because I want to tell my future kids that I came here and I made a difference, I don't want you or anybody else telling my story at my funeral, because it isn't gonna happen like that." He says. "Im gonna kill every terrorist in my way until we're home, and I'm not gonna let you die either Fun Size, because I know if a bullet affects me you'll have double the effect." He says. "There's not enough skin on your bones to block any bullet." He says while playfully poking her chin.

"And unless you absolutely have to, you're not killing anybody." He says to her. "You have seniority in rank and all but I'm the one killing here, I'm not gonna let this place change you like I've heard it's changed so many others." He says to her before resting his head against hers. "I've never known somebody like I know you." He mutters, going back to a serious tone of voice. "When we're out of here, drinks are on me." He says.

Pulling his coat around her body, "I wish I could be like you. Handle the cold like this. I'm a mild weather girl." Though she still worried about him getting cold. She wouldn't let him get cold. Both of them like this would make it easy to keep each other warm as much as they needed to. Able to smell the smoke from the bomb. The smoke cloud disappearing into the night sky.

Her whole body went still, wrapping her arms around his waist. Holding to him just a little bit tighter. Fighting back tears, hearing all that he had to say. Letting him get out everything out that he need. Being there for him. Lifting her head from his shoulder. Placing her hand on his cheek. Turning his face to hers. Her eyes soft, "Jason, I don't want to die either. But I make this promise to you. We will get out of here. Come hell or high water." Without thinking she strokes his cheek, "You will get to tell your future children, what you did for everyone. To make it possible for them to be here." She didn't want to even think about losing him. Having to stand in front of people. Her eyes smiling, "And here I thought I had some curves to me." Letting her hand fall from his cheek, laying on his stomach.

"Jason, we are in this together. I'm going to protect you no matter the coast." Sighing, nodding her head. She won't let him do what he felt he needed to do. "Well, I don't know anyone like I know you either. And I think that is something special." Her voice soft, "Oh you are on, maybe we can make a night of it. And have dinner as well." Did he read to much into her words after they were out? Would he know just how much she likes him. Biting her bottom lip, "Jason, do you think...people should come out and say things. Not hold them?" She more then likely knew the answer. But she wanted to hear it anyways.

Jason chuckles. "The cold doesn't phase me, and you do not want to be like that, it just makes the heat worse." He says to her. He looks into her eyes as she strokes his cheek, showing him a side of her that he had never seen before. He bites the inside of his cheek, very obviously nervous even when her hand is resting on his stomach. He goes back to resting his head against hers, though both of them understand its for warmth sake, if they moved their body heat would go away and then they would probably freeze to death.

He listens to her question. "That depends, if you're talking about not telling some guy back at base that you think he's hot, then no, you should not share your feelings, you should lock them away until they no longer exist." He says with a laugh. "But if you're talking about hiding something from me, then you should definitely tell me because we're a team and nothing you say could ever change that." He says to her. "And if we start to hide things from each other then we won't trust each other enough to do anything." He says to her.

"So, brief synopsis, if, and I mean if, you have something you need to tell me then you should tell me, but of course if it's rhetorical then you don't have to tell me anything." He says with a laugh, his eyes closing as his head rests against hers again, trying to preserve the warmth between them in the freezing cold.

Laughing softly, "Then you should tell my mom and dad. They are the ones that raised me there." Seeing that he is nervous about her hand like touching him. It had been to much to soon. Slipping her hand from his stomach pressing it to her own. "True, but such as I am huh." Laughing softly. They should have been able to bring something more to keep them warm. It would make things a little bit easier for them. But the Marines wait for no one. You are ready when you are suppose to be ready.

Laughing, "Is my Troll jealous that I might like someone or think he is hot?" Teasing him poking his ribs playfully. He did have a point, to hide something from him. Would make it bad between them. Going back and forth between weather to tell him or not. Why did this have to be so hard. He even said that he wasn't looking for anyone right now. And that was when they first met each other. Had that changed at all, from that time sitting together having something to eat? "Don't let this go to your head. But you are right."

Biting her bottom lip, she could stand in front of men and tell them what to do. But to tell Jason, that she liked him. Was one of the hardest things that she had ever done in her life. Her body not shaking with feeling the warmth from his body soak into hers. Time passed as she went back and forth, sighing softly after a time. "Jason, then there is something I have to tell you." Pausing, "You should know this, because as you said I shouldn't keep it from you. We hold nothing back from one another. But, I like you Jason." Letting it sink in as she remains silent.

Jason laughs when she pokes his ribs. "You know I'm ticklish." He says before yawning, the night had been exhausting. "Oh, don't let it go to my head.. Gotcha.. Hang on.. Words.. Told you so!" He says with a laugh, resting the back of his head against the wall they lean against. He chuckles and shakes his head. "You know I have a big ego." He says quietly, a grin plastered on to his face.

As time passes he remains silent, her words don't seem to have any physical effect on him whatsoever, even though he should probably be acting surprised or something. After she is done, there is nothing but silence between them.. Because he had fallen asleep. His head lolls against hers, she probably should've noticed the breathing pattern changing with the time that had gone by, it had been a lot more rhythmic with her admittion.

His eyes flutter open and he groans. "Did you say something Eden?" He asks softly. "I think I just zonked out." He says with a laugh, moving his head back to the pillar. He blinks a few times, trying to get the sleepy state out of his system.

Laughing, "Why do you think I did it?" Shaking her head. Not able to hold back laughing. It was hard not to laugh around him even when she was mad at him. And there had been a time a two that has been. Especially when they first met each other. His ego, hadn't changed since then. She didn't think that it ever would to be honest.

When he didn't say anything, she was bracing herself for what he actually might say. As time went on, and his head lolls onto hers. She just opened herself up and he had fallen asleep. But she told him, he just wasn't listening to at the time. Sighing, but now she had to do it all over again. And next time she would make sure that he was awake for it. But that still didn't mean that she wasn't upset.

"No, I didn't say anything." Laughing, "That is because you kept me up on the plane." Holding back a yawn. "Go back to sleep I will watch." Flipping over onto her side to get comfy again. Her back pressed into him. Why did she even have to say anything. The man could fall asleep at a drop of a hat. Anywhere he was he could fall asleep, if tired enough. She didn't really say anything after that.

Jason laughs. "Okay.. Thought I heard something." He says quietly, he had been dreaming, Eden had said something to him that he can't remember mostly because in his dream he kissed her.. Maybe that was just his mind playing tricks on him. He nods to her. "Night Eden." He says quietly, blinking a couple of times in an attempt to push those thoughts from his mind.

He closes his eyes and falls asleep, diving back into the divine fantasies his mind seemingly generates from nowhere, though on the outside it wouldn't appear anything was happening, as he was a light sleeper, the Marines had drilled light sleeping into him, if he couldn't wake to the sound of a butterfly landing on a flower he would be running PT until he collapsed.

In the morning he drags himself away from Eden as soon as he wakes, putting his helmet and ballistic glasses back on before rummaging through his pack, fishing out an MRE and preparing it, leaving it out in the sun for it to get hot. Once he feels it's ready he starts to eat quietly, preparing himself for the long and hot day ahead.

Laughing, "I didn't mean to wake you Jason." Covering her mouth over a deep yawn. "Night Jason, sweet dreams.* After he fell asleep, she was doing to follow him. Drifting off into wonderful dreams. Jason was the main star, his eyes and amazing smile. Theses are the types of dreams that she always loved to have. But that is what they where just dreams. Maybe one day they would true.

Having turned back to him in her sleep. Cuddled as close as she could be to him. When he got up in the morning. It caused her to wake up. Yawning and running her eyes. Not the best nights sleep in the world but it was something. And she got to sleep beside Jason. Even though they were in a war zone.

Getting up from her spot, working the kinks out of her body. "Remind me never to sleep on hard ground again." Laughing, as she walked over and dug out a MRE for her self. She had them once they weren't very good but they would do. Sitting down and getting it ready. "How did you sleep Jason?" Smiling at him.

Jason looks up at her as she speaks to him. "I didn't sleep so well Eden, it sounded like a bear was growling next to me the whole night." He says to her jokingly, smiling at his own joke. "No but seriously it was fine, though I'm not going to be sleeping on hard ground, maybe I can just lay on you, crush you, but hey.. I get something soft to sleep on." He says with a laugh. "Did you have a problem with the ground? Because seriously I could literally be your bed." He says with a chuckle. "I had no issues, so if you want you can just use me, you know I'm here for you." He says with a smile.

He goes back to eating his MRE, finishing it and stuffing the trash into a certain pocket of his kitbag. He reaches over to his rifle and walks over to his perch, laying down and staring through the scope. "The wreckage got cleaned up, no sign of insurgents, just civilians today." He says with a sigh, looking away from his scope. "They might've figured out we'e aiming for officers." He says with the shake of his head.

Narrowing her eyes at him, laughing some as she shook her head. "That is just pay back for all the times that you kept me up all those times." Teasing him. "I'm short remember. I wouldn't make a very good bed at all. Just a soft spot on your huge body that you have. You would toss and turn all night." Laughing at the thought. Glancing down at her MRE, hoping that it would be ready soon. Opening it up a little to look inside of it, making a little face. Meeting Jason in the eyes once more. Smiling softly, "Thank you for that Jason, I might just take you up on that." Picking up her MRE, it was ready. As she eats, thinking about what she told Jason. But he fell asleep, just like him to do that. She didn't know if she could do that all over again. Chewing her food, trying to figure out how she would even start something like that again.

Glancing over to Jason, watching him lay down and look through his scope. "Then that means that will be watching out for the officers more. We will have to really be on our guard. Don't want them finding us here." Cleaning up after herself. Standing up popping her back, shoulders and neck. Groaning at the relief that she felt doing so. Walking over and laying next him, watching the people below. "This is going to be a long day." Shaking her head some.

Jason nods, still looking through his scope at the people on the streets, biting the inside of his cheek softly. He pulls off his helmet, tossing it to their gear. "Can you grab my boonie hat for me?" He asks while still watching the scope. "I don't want that helmet on my head but I don't wanna get sunburnt." He explains while not even looking over at her, too focused on his task as per usual.

He narrows his eyes, seeing a small convoy of Humvee's rolling towards them, they're obviously American, but the thing that puts him on guard is the fact that the windows on the first Humvee are completely shattered. There are American troops inside, but they seemed to be running away more than patrolling. He looks up the road, multiple men follow them, holding RPG's in their hands. He shakes his head, he had a choice to reveal their position, or save the last vehicle in that patrol, his finger hesitates around the trigger.

Watching him toss his helmet to their gear, shaking her head. That wasn't safe, and she didn't like it not one bit that was for sure. "You and that helmet." Mumbling to herself. But getting up and going over to grab his booine." Walking back over and placing it on his head. Laying back down beside him. Keeping an eye out on the people below.

Hearing the rumble from the convoy. Made her look off to the side, her eyes going wide with what she could see. They were fucked and she knew it. Shit was about to go down, and they were going to be right in the heart of it. Her heart started to pound hard in her chest. This is what they had trained for. But that still didn't make things any easier. She was scared for both her and Jason. But mostly Jason. Reaching over her gun at her side. Looking to Jason, "I'm with you Jason. Do what you feel." Reaching out and patting his arm. She wasn't going to get a chance to tell him anything. But what every they were about to go through. She would make sure and tell him that first chance that she got. He would know that is for sure.

Jason stares at the RPG men through his scope, his breathing starting to grow faster and faster with each second, as if his body was trying to force him to make a decision. Time seems to slow for him, he bites the bottom of his lip, his finger rising towards the safety of his rifle. So what? You're going to let them die? You asshole. The thought runs through his mind, his finger returning to its place on the trigger as he takes sight of the two enemies behind the convoy, he can see them lining up their weapons, ready to kill the Humvee's at any moment.

"I'm going to kill them, and then we're going to run." He says to her simply, his aim shifting away from the actual gunmen themselves, focusing on their weapons. He inhales deeply, staring at them through his scope before exhaling, the moment he is out of breath he fires, the bullet flying out and smashing into the RPG itself, hitting the grenade on the end dead on and blowing it up, killing both of the gunmen with chained explosions from the grenades on their belts and the RPG ammo on their backs, completely obliterating them and anything within a ten meter radius. Jason jumps up, breaking down their small encampment and packing it away, throwing his kitbag on his back along with his sniper rifle, taking the M4 from his gear as his primary weapon. "We gotta move!" He calls to Eden, starting to jog down the stairs of the construction site. "Listen, there's an abandoned hotel not too far from here, we gotta book it." He explains, he can already hear the shouts of insurgents below, they had found the sniper from last night, and they were not going to give the Marines any mercy.

Nodding in understanding, knowing that once he fired. They would know right where they were. Watching as the explosions go off. Not able to process what had just happened. Pushing it aside for a later time. Having to keep her mind in the game. No time to go off inside her head. This was their lives and she would be damned, to fuck this up now. Jumping up, and helping to grab everything, putting it away. Putting her MK47 across her chest. Her bag on her back. Grabbing Jason's helmet, he was going to need it. For what they would be doing.

Running as fast as she could behind him. The shouts from the people below, pushing her to run faster. Her heart was beating faster and harder. It was hot as hell out and they were running. "Right behind you!" Damn he had long ass legs, she had double time just to keep up with him. But she was use to running. As they make their way out of the site, hearing that the people are closing in the place that they were just in. "Jason, they are getting closer." Hearing the start to gun fire. God damn it! Seeing the hotel not much further, "Jason, there it is! Get there and I will cover you! " She wouldn't let him get hurt, not on her watch.

Jason runs with her on the street, he hears the sounds of window shutters closing, doors slamming shut, there would be no civilian casualties today. As for the Humvee's, they had gotten away safely, though they would never know who saved them and for what reason. Jason's boots pound against the concrete as he runs, he hears her voice and he whips around, his hand grabbing the back of her chest rig and shoving her towards the hotel. "Hell no, you're more important than I am." He says before turning, his knee hitting the dirt and his weapon raised, firing three shots into the first insurgent that came around the corner.

Jason grabs a smoke grenade from his rig, pulling the pin and tossing it in front of him, jumping up and running towards the hotel, gunfire spraying wildly through the smoke in an attempt to kill them. He grabs Eden by her arm as he sprints towards the hotel, his grip like iron, he was obviously not going to let her go. He goes shoulder first into the glass door of the hotel, shattering it as he falls into the main lobby, his arm and face bleeding from glass shards stuck in the skin. He recovers and jumps up, pointing to the stairs before aiming at the door, hoping none of the enemy had followed them. "Go to the seventh floor, I'm right behind you." He says to her.

As she is about to turn and and fire, to cover Jason. She feels him grab him by the back of her rig. Almost falling before steadying herself. About to open her mouth and pull rank on him. He mattered just as much as she did. Well, in her eyes anyways. And he just pissed her off. Running to make it to the hotel, that looked to be somewhat safe. Not that had much choice in the matter. This was where they had to go. It would kill her if something happened to him. He had become much more then she ever thought that he would be. And that scared the piss out of her . In more ways then one.

Just about ready to turn and fire, Jason runs up and grabs her arm. Running along side him. His hand gripping her tighter then ever. She would have a bruise after he let go of her. The closer they get to hotel, she could hear the yells after he killed that man. Praying that they wouldn't be found here. Closing her eyes, as she laid her head on his shoulder as they ran through the glass. Stopping at the stairs her gun ready for anything. "Your ass better be or I am coming back down here Jason." Her voice not showing how scared she really was. Turning away from him. Worried that he was really hurt from the glass. She would have to look at that later. Running up the stairs. Stopping long Enoch to check each stair case she came to. They were clear at lest for now. No telling what or who was in this place. Getting the the 7th floor. She stops, scanning the hallway. Each room had to be checked. She started with the task of clearing the rooms.

Jason hears her go up the stairs, his weapon still pointed at the door as he moves back, his foot touching the stairs as he watches the doors to the lobby creak open. He ducks into the stairwell, the insurgents can out into the lobby, Jason has his gun pointed down the stairs until he hears them leave, a small sigh of relief escaping his lips. He walks back up the stairs, letting his gun rest by his lower body as he reaches the seventh floor, his hands reaching up to take off his helmet, the left side of his face has at least ten shards of glass stuck in it, though his ballistic glasses had prevented any from going into his eyes, there's enough blood flow for it to be considered serious.

Not only that but his left arm was streaked with blood, little shards of glass and sounds are spread out along his arm, it looks painful to say the least. "Eden?" He calls out, letting his M4 hang by the strap around his neck and shoulder. "They left, they don't know we're here." He says while resting his back against the wall, the only thing keeping him from sliding down the wall is his kitbag. He reaches up to his face, tentatively touching one of the wounds and wincing, he hadn't been expecting an entry like that to hurt so bad, after all, this kind of thing never happened in movies. You need to learn to distinguish movies from real life, man. He thinks to himself.

Checking the last of the rooms, there wasn't anyone up here, thank god for that. Though she worried about Jason, he was taking a long time getting up here. Hoping that nothing bad happened to him while she was up here. She should have stayed with him, its best not to go off by yourself. When in war, always stay together. That is what she was always taught, he tells her to leave. And what does she do, she leaves. Kicking herself for even leaving him down there. Shaking her head, sitting down on one of the beds that was in the many rooms. That is when she hears someone coming up the stairs. Pulling her gun off her lap, moving slowly to the door. Readying her gun for anything that might be coming to find her. Leaning on the wall beside the door, reaching for the door handle. Slowly turning the knob, keeping her breathing even. Though her heart was beating out of her chest. Not knowing what was on the other side of the door. The steps didn't come any closer to where she was hiding. Then he heard her name, sagging in relief. It was Jason and he had made it up to her. Thank god, she thought to herself.

Letting her gun hang down off her side, stepping out of the room. Her eyes seeing Jason, a smile spread across her soft features. Making her way down to him, "I was starting..." Her words were caught off as she took in all the blood. Rushing to him, "Jesus Jason.." Seeing all the glass on his face, and his arm covered in blood as well. Not wanting him to see how worried she was about him, at least not right now. She had to get him taken care of. "Come on lets get you cleaned up and bandage up." Walking around to his good side, taking his arm and putting it over shoulders. "Just lean on me Jason." Slipping her arm around his waist, lifting him up off the wall. Holding him up as best as could. Walking him back down the hall to the room that she came from. Glad that he wasn't anymore worse then he already was. Getting to the room, pushing the door open with her foot. Walking through the door, pushing the door closed with her foot. Helping down onto the bed, "Wait here."

Taking the bag from around his waist. She walks into the bathroom, filling her canteen with water. Needing it to help clean his wounds. Coming back out of the bathroom. Setting her things out of on the bedside table. Slipping her helmet off her head. Placing her gun on the bed. Digging into the kit bag. Pulling out everything that she would need to work on Jason. Turning to him, "I promise not to make it hurt to much." Walking and standing in front of him. Slipping his helmet off his head, putting it on the bed beside him. Taking off his glasses next, easy to make sure that she didn't hurt him. Taking a bandage placing it just above his eye. Not wanting blood to get into his eye. Her eyes, always telling what she was feeling. That filled with sadness. Kicking herself that he was hurt on her watch. Slowly she starts to pull the glass out of the side of his face. Her voice soft, "I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse." Her eyes meeting his. "I should have stayed with you though. I won't be leaving you again." After all the glass was removed from his face, keeping his eye covered. She pours the water on the wounds. Making sure that they are good and clean. She starts to bandage them. Making sure no blood would seep through.

Sitting down on the bed beside him. Rolling up his shirt sleeve, she works through the same process again. Not saying much as she worked on his arm. Cleaning it as well, she wraps a bandage around it. "I want you to rest, I will keep watch." He better not fight her on this. But knowing him, he would have something to say about it.

Jason puts his arm around her shoulder, walking with her to the hotel room she had secured, the glass was painful but at least it was keeping the blood in. He sits down on the bed and waits patiently for her to fill up her canteen with water from the bathroom, though it could possibly bring infection they were out of options, they would just have to use more antiseptic than usual. His eyes meet hers as his glasses and helmet are taken off by careful hands, he looks to be in a lot of pain but his eyes don't show it.

He sucks in a breath as she removes the glass from his face, his fist clenching on to the bed sheets as he feels his warm blood start to dribble down his face, the glass is reached by bandages and he feels a little better, especially when she pours the water on his face to get rid of any blood. He is glad that he has her here with him, if he were in this alone he would probably be dead by now. "Thanks Eden." He says to her quietly when his face has been patched up, his arm doesn't hurt nearly as bad, though there is still an enormous amount of pain that shoots up his arm when she pulls the glass from it. He sighs softly when she finishes bandaging him, he can feel his blood pulsing against the bandages, though his body is now working overtime to clot the wounds.

Jason makes a face at her when she asks him to rest, obviously not a fan of the idea. But his face softens after a moment. "Fine.. But only an hour, if I sleep a second over an hour I'll make sure you get the most disgusting MRE in my pack." He threatens, a light humorous tone in the background of his deep voice. He carefully removes his vest and lays it by the bed, his head laying down on the bed and his eyes closing, allowing him to fall asleep. Despite what he had said, he slept for two hours, finally waking but not seeming to care that he overslept, he honestly felt a lot better. "Eden?" He calls out quietly while sitting up, his arm and face both protesting at the action but he shrugs it off. He stands and moves over to the door, looking around for her.

"Eden, where are you?" He asks while moving back into the room, sitting on the bed to wait for her, wanting to take up a watch so that she could sleep.

Smiling softly at him, "You're welcome Jason." She felt bad for putting him through all this pain. If the glass had stayed in he would have been so much more worse off then he was now. She would have to keep an out for him. Not wanting there to be infection from the water. That was the least of their worries right now. Standing up from the bed, cleaning up the things that she had used. A smile laugh fell from her lips. Turning to face him the face that he made was priceless to her. Trying to hold back her laugh, "Oh no not the worst. What ever shall I do.." Reaching down she pats his leg. "I'm glad you are seeing it my way Jason." Walking over sitting down in one of the one two chairs in the room. Watching him, it didn't take him long to fall asleep. Which she was glad of, he needed his rest. After what he had been through.

Once he was out, pushing up from the chair. Walking over to the bed and picking up her gun. Putting it back across her body. Leaning down and placing a feather soft kiss on his cheek. That wouldn't wake him up. Stepping out of the room, closing the door a little bit. Just in case he needed her for something she would be able to hear him. Walking down the hallways, checking and rechecking everything. She couldn't be to careful with things. After what happened to Jason. She would make damn sure he wasn't hurt again. Stopping back at their room, leaning on the wall. She slid down, finally letting herself feel in that moment. Tears pooled in her eyes, fighting not to sob. But she couldn't help it. She could have lost Jason today. Not knowing what she would have done if she lost him.

Pulling her knees up, her head falling to her knees. Her arms coming around her legs as she held herself tight. Her tears soaked into her pants as she sat there alone. Jason had become such apart of her life, after going through school together. Now they were leaning on each other to get through this hell. Wanting so bad for Jason to hold her. But he didn't even know how she felt about him. Pulled from her thoughts as Jason said her name. Jumping up from where she sitting. Wiping the tears away as fast as she could. Hurrying through the door, shutting the door behind her. "Jason, are you ok?" Her voice worried. "Sorry if I scared you or worried you. I was just checking everything out." Sitting down on the bed. "How are you feeling?" Looking over his face and arm. She would have to change those bandages soon. "I hope you aren't into much pain." Her gray eyes a little tear soaked. It was hard to hide that.

Back
Top Bottom