Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raising The Pups (ColdChaos x I)

She smiled and stroked his face. "I have been avoiding that subject as best as possible. The magic will drain me quickly and I will be out for a long time. I will try to keep my composure, but anything could happen, once I get to you, I need you to get me someplace safe. I will need to rest." She whispered as she walked beside him. She was keeping her pregnancy secret. She walked beside him and swallowed and held his hand and bit her lip and then walked with the caravan.

"I am more protective of the pup inside of me than I think you know of." She sighed. "But this magic will take a lot out of me, and naturally most of my reserves are already going to keep this child safe within me."

Striker darted his head to look down at her. "Are you sure that you're pregnant?" She didn't exhibit any signs that she was bearing child, but she would know what's going on in her body better then anyone else. "Shaman will be glad to hear he will have a child to his name. Once we're finished, I'll take you to the river to relax." The young human looked behind him to see the two carrying a conversation. His stern gaze pierced the two, but he paid no mind to the subject. It wasn't long before they made it to the dirt road leading towards the neighboring kingdom. Along the road was a ruined wagon. Horses laid dead along the side, blood pouring out of them. Surviving members of the party had a bonfire set up, as they waited for assistance.

The village elder held his hand up towards the wolves. "We will take it from here. Kara, if you could come with me. Your guardians can watch us from these bushes, but I'd like you to come alone. I will check to make sure everyone is alright. When I give the signal, I'd like you to come." Leaving with his guard the village elder looked over the people, happy to see that help had come for them. Most of the crew was wearing bandages over the wounds they had been dealt. Another young male, in leather armor, had bandages over his eye. "D...dad?" The young man called out. "I'm here, Belail. The healer will be here soon." He called over the young girl to help with the wounded. Four people, including the young guard needed help.

"We used all of our medical supplies to keep everyone alive. I'm...sorry I couldn't carry out the trade." The son looked away from his father's face. "Shhhh, the important thing is that you are alive in my arms. We'll just provide more protection next time. You did a wonderful job my son." Even though the humans did awful things to the werewolf tribe, they only did it out of protection for themselves. Both sides have had to hurt one another to help themselves. Maybe, after this incident, the two could begin to get along.

She smiled. "I am a creature of earth, I am aware of all living things, yes I am sure. His seed has taken hold." She smiled and then shook her head. "No i will need sleep...lots of sleep. It will appear as if I am dead, but do not worry, I will be fine." She smiled and stroked his face. She smiled and kissed his cheek. She sighed and wlaked to the village. She felt the spirits pulling her before she got there. She moved forward and nodded to the Elder. Walking with them, she saw the men wounded. Shutting her eyes, she placed her hands together asking for the goddesses guidance and strength.

Moving to the son, she knelt and began to shut her eyes. Then a power surge began to flow through her. The presence of the earth goddess was felt like never before. The earth itself began to shake and Kara had a glow about her. Ancient runes and symbols of the wolf tribe glowed over her covered body but what parts of her showed, her hands and forehead, bore the marks of an ancient healer. The old magic filled the small encampment but moved outward.

As Striker watched, he would feel a familiar hand on his back, it was his lost love. There behind him in the glowing blue of Karas magic. She was a ghost and had come to speak to him.

"Striker, it is time to forgive yourself for what happened...the goddess sent me to tell you the goodbye we never had, the one that you need." She smiled softly to him.

Back
Top Bottom