Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raising The Pups (ColdChaos x I)

Groaning, the Shaman awakens from his slumber. Her gentle kiss helped to get him out of his deep sleep. "Good morning." He stated, with a warm smile towards her. "I have to prepare some herbs this morning, did you want anything special for breakfast?" The shaman asked, shifting off the bed. "It gets pretty slow around here. You can look around the village, if you want. I have to stay here, of course, but the towns people won't try to harm you." Heading towards the fire pit, he tells Kara what she can do while dawn was still stretching. A new fire was lit, and the Shaman looked over the food they had.

She smiled and then nodded. "Is there any specific herbs you need?" She asked softly. She leaned up and then moved to put on her boots. She nodded and then watched him move. She put on the robes and then slowly walked outside after she had said goodbye. She went to go look around and see the village. See what it had by way of sources, foods, and plants. Then she went to see what herbs and plants were growing naturally nearby.

"Green blossoms are great for numbing pain. You can find them just outside the village. I use them to heal injury the most. If you can find a couple, that'd help." He informed her on the small, green, plant he needed. Showing her what the bush looks like, he saw her leave the tent. The village people watched as the human walked around town. They all had worrying looks, still adjusting to having a human live among them. Children still played around the town, without a care in the world. "Are you looking for anything?" An older woman asked Kara, resting at the chair in front of her home. She looked like she was nearing the middle of her life, about 45 in human years. Goods stretched in front of her, varies plants, packaged meats, pots, and other equipment. It was a quaint little shop, but not a single price on her wares.

"No, I know those quite well, I will get those for you." She walked over to him and kissed his cheek and smiled and rubbed his back. She smiled and walked out after bundling up. She smiled and looked at the people trying to show them that she was just trying to live as one of them. She shifted and looked over the womans goods and then looked up at her and then stepped forward and nodded her head in a friendly greeting and put out her hand.

"Well met, my name is Kara. I am the human that everyone is talking about. Um, I am wondering, do you by any chance have a basket I might borrow for today? I know how to make my own, its just that I haven't been aquainted with these woods very well and haven't had the time to make one myself. I promise to return it with the promise to return anything I might do for you in the future." She looked at the woman being very sincere.

The middle aged wolf smiled at her customer. She shook the hand that was extended to her, understanding the greeting. "Charmed, my name is Darcia. I run this small shop, while my husbands forage for food. Alpha told me a bit about you, Kara. I've known him for many years, and he said you got to know the Shaman pretty well. Don't get too upset with him, I know most humans don't like having that kind of word spread around. So far, I'm the only other villager to know you mated with the Shaman." She explained how word was getting around the village.

"I'll let you borrow one of mine, since you agreed to help our village so much." She handed the human a medium sized basket, made with fine reeds. "Just bring it back to me when you're done. All I ask is that I get to hold your first born for a few minutes." She watched a few children run off with a soft smile on her face. "My kids are getting too old to be held. It's only when you can't do it any more, do you realize the kind of joy you get when holding a baby."

Kara smiled and touched the woman's soft fur and reveled in it. "Your fur is incredibly soft." She smiled and then watched her.

She smiled and took the basket and nodded and then smiled and laughed. "No it is quite alright I am not concerned. It is just a natural act." She smiled at the woman and shifted a bit and blushed and watched the children play and looked at the woman and nodded. "Of course. When my children are born please come and visit and I will let you hold my children as long as you want." She smiled.

Darcia smiled, glad to have a new acquaintance in Kara. The other wolves took note of her interaction with the aged member of the tribe. Kara was making a good impression on them. For the first time in years, they felt like they could get along with another human. Rocking back in her seat, Darcia asked more of Kara. "Alpha said you spent some quality time with Striker as well. Last night, I saw him smiling. Did you two go at it as well?" Darcia was keen on gossiping, most woman in the tribe were. Humans weren't as different from werewolves as they thought.

"I can put an end to any confusion." Striker objected, walking up to the shop. "She's carrying the Shaman's child, make no mistake." He looked over Kara with a smile on his face. The black wolf was planning on meeting her at the tent, thought run in was a pleasant surprise. "What ya up to? Helping the old lady down the road?" He joked at Darcia's age. She responded with a swift smack on the ass. "I'm not that old. If anything, I've grown more beautiful with age." Darcia commented, lifting up her large, robust, bosom.

She laughed and shook her head. "No me and Striker we just talked. He keeps his heart behind a large wall." She sat down and blushed feeling a little dizzy and needed to sit and laughed softly. "But I can tell he will be one who likes to cuddle after a good mating and just talk." She smiled and then looked at him. She blushed and looked up.

"I was going to go and get some berries. I had a sudden craving. Then I was going to get some reeds so I wouldn't have to rely on the kindness of Darcia here for baskets." She smiled and stood up and kissed his cheek by way of greeting. She smiled and laughed gently. "Would you like to accompany me today. I am afraid I have been getting dizzy off and on today and I wouldn't mind the company." She stroked his arm gently looking at him.

Striker looked down on the girl, wagging his tail with joy. "Sure, I'd love to join you." He stated, guiding her away from the shop. "Should I tell the shaman he's having twins!?" Darcia joked as her fare well, Striker could only laugh at her response. "I see you've met the village fool. Darcia loves to mess around, but she's still a loving mother. If you want to talk to anyone about having more then one mate, it's her." Striker explained, as they walked among the forest. He made sure to lead her away from the hunting packs, so as not to scare the prey away. "Normally I'd be out hunting for more meat, but Alpha wanted me to look after you." He was lying to her. Striker asked Alpha to be excused from hunting to help Kara. It was obvious he wasn't telling the whole truth, looking away as he made his claim.

She smiled and then nodded. "That was kind of alpha." She grinned and then picked some of the healing herbs and some she knew that would help with morning sickness and some berries and some starches and other good things to eat. She handed him the basket after a while and then she looked at him and grinned. "So Darcia has more than one mate?" She asked as she walked along finding some good basket making material and began to pick various colored reeds and looked at him as she continued to pick things and looked at him as she continued to pick and tlaked to him with a smile.

She soon had a heavy basket full of reeds, healing herbs, and fruits and vegetables. She giggled and kissed Striker. "I am glad that a strong male could help me along." She whispered just for him.

"Yeah, Darcia has two husbands. They forage for supplies for her store, when not looking after the five kids they've raised. She loves the both of them very much. Just an idea on what that kind of lifestyle is like." Striker explained what it was like having multiple mates to her, teaching her the ways of the wolf tribe. Laughing with her, he smiled at her compliment. "Anytime, you are part of the tribe after all."

The two headed back towards the village. Striker, knowing the layout of the woods, could lead them back. He looked down at the young girl, noticing how delicate she was. It was the first time he noticed how cute she was. Her soft smile, polite demeanor and caring attitude made him want to protect her. Heat beat growing faster, he came to the realization. Striker was falling in love with Kara. The idea worried him, he knew better then most about the pain of losing a loved one. Striker wanted to feel that passion again, but the fear of losing her squeezed at his broken heart. Sweat poured down his face, as he struggled to look away from her.

She looked up at him and grinned softly. She reached up and stroked his back. She moved to the tent she was sharing with the shaman and moved to where he kept the healing herbs and gave him what he asked for specifically and laid out the kinds she used herself in her own hut and wasn't sure if he knew about. She then moved over to the bowl of fruits and put the fruits that she had found in there and the bowl of veggies in that one. She laid out the reeds and then grinned to Shaman saying she was going to return the basket.

She took Strikers hand and walked with him outside.

"So do you have your own tent?" She asked him softly. She walked back towards Darcia's. She smiled and continued to walk with him carrying the now empty basket leaning against him.

The Shaman was busy with a patient. Seems one of the wolves had a stomach bug. He could only give her a soft smile, before having to turn back to his patient. The two quickly left the tent, heading back towards the store. "Yeah, I live right next to my brother...did you want to come to dinner?" He responded, unsure of the reasoning behind her question. It could have just been out of curiosity, but something inside him made it seem like she wanted something a little more then just dinner.

The other villagers noticed Striker chatting with the new human. They all knew his feelings towards her kind, and wondered how they were getting along. She was still a stranger in the group, even if some were already accepting of her. The eyes on him made Striker blush a little bit. He felt like he was with his wife again, which only reminded him of his past failure. Striker felt terrible, he wanted to be more then friends with Kara, but those memories kept him from seeking that happiness.

"I would like to give you more of my time if you would accept it." She said softly so that they would be the only ones to hear. She smiled and stroked his back. "Take that however you will striker." She said softly. She returned the basket to Darcia with a soft peck on her cheek and went with striker wherever he would lead her.

Striker's heart beat grew faster and faster. His usual nightmare was replaced with visions of a romantic evening with Kara. Resting by the fire, they'd share a tender kiss. Holding each other, they'd passionately make love. Striker could feel everything in his dream, her soft touch, warm kiss, body pressed against his own. It was a dream he never wanted to end. Looking down in this vision, Striker saw he was holding the bloodied corpse of Kara. Arrows sticking out her back, tears of blood dripping down her eyes, it was everything he feared would happen.

The wolf struck back into reality, screaming in terror. Fearful, he looked at his hands. They were shaking violently, but they were clean of any blood. Darting his head from side to side, he saw Kara, alive and well. Daria looked concerned, she knew Striker was prone to traumatic episodes. "Don't, the best thing to do is let him ease into reality." Daria warned her, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. Striker breathed deeply, trying to calm himself down. It was just a dream, he knew this by now. More fearful then the vision itself, was the possibility of it coming true.

She turned and heard him screaming. She was about to move forward to him but Daria stopped her. She frowned and looked at her. Moving forward, she put a hand on his cheek. "I am here Striker, it was a waking dream..." She whispered. She stroked his face gently and moved into his arms and held him softly and stroked his back. "You're ok...I am here with you...." She whispered. She shut her eyes praying a soft prayer of soothing to him stroking his back frowning. She wished there was somethign she could do to make him feel better.

Striker continued to take his deep breathes, surprised to see Kara holding onto him like that. "You're right...I was only dreaming." He muttered to her. Though he was in control now, the nightmare still held it's grasp on his heart. Striker held her gently, holding onto this passionate moment. The mood was interrupted when he heard a feint sound. Wolf ears were more sensitive then human ears, they could hear a call from a much further distance. His head shot up, looking around for the source. Daria stood from her seat, hearing the noise as well. "...-ara!!...Kara!!" The voices shouted, drawing closer and closer.

Two humans approached the village, calling out for the young healer. The other wolves ran for home, preparing for the worst from the scum that almost whipped them out. Standing before the trio was the pair of travelers. One was a young male, blonde hair, covered in leather armor, holding the scabbard of a sheathed long sword. The other was an older man, bald, long grey beard, and dressed in velvet robes. The old man was the elder of the human village, serving as leader for a very long time. His rule led to much of the fighting between the two races.

"Kara, praise the gods, we found you." The old leader stated, drawing closer to the human girl. Striker was quick to snatch her away, snarling with his massive fangs. Drawing his sword, the male prepared to fight the black beast. "Your kind isn't WELCOME here!!" Striker shouted, in an attempt to drive them away. "I know we've wronged you in the past, but we need Kara to come back to town." The old man pleaded with the two, a hint of worry in his eye. "She is part of our tribe. You have no power over anyone here." Striker continued to yell at the trespassers.

She didn't hear anything at first but she felt striker stiffen. Without a word, she stepped back and frowned. Then she heard the voices. She rolled her eyes skyward. She knew that no good would come of this. Before she could raise her hand to both men to keep their distance, she was jerked off her footing and behind Striker. She patted Striker on the back gently.

"Why what is wrong? You needed me for nothing unless something was terribly wrong. I was always somewhat of a pariah amongst you and the people. Being called a witch and a wife to the devil." She looked him in the eye. "My love for the wolves have always cast a black mark upon me and my magics have always kept me apart from you unless you needed me, so why is it you come to my new dwelling and disturb me and my people now." She frowned crossing her arms.

She watched him trying to stay between the man and striker trying to keep him calm.

The young warrior pulled his master aside to discuss in private. "We don't need help from them. Let's just find a healer in the next town." He reasons, glaring at the two behind them. "We're low on time, she's the only one that can help us now." The old man turned to look at Kara and Striker again, his robes fluttering in the breeze. "I'll cut to the chase. Our farmers had prepared a caravan to sell produce in the next kingdom. They were attacked by a group of bandits, about a day ago. The farmers were able to fight them off, but most of them have been gravelly injured. A guard from the caravan had to drag himself back home to inform us, they don't have much time. Please help us, my son was protecting that wagon. I'm prepared to give anything for the safety of my boy."

His gaze was unwavering, the old man was telling the truth. Bags under his eyes showed that he hadn't rested for several days. More then likely he spent a few sleepless nights looking for the healer. Striker stepped forward, still bitter towards what the humans did to him. "What's stopping me from breaking you two in half, hear and now? Your kind drove our people to war, killing hundreds of innocent lives, and you have the balls to ask for help?"

She held up a hand and placed it on strikers arm. "I will help you, but you must agree to talk with the alpha to terms of a truce. I cannot have two halves of myself warring. And I will also need at least two body guards of my choosing. But I will help you, but I will not return to your village, these are my people." She waited for an agreement with the man standing her ground.

She gently waited. She knew that her body forming new life would be a strain with magic and she would be exhausted for several days, but she made an oath to the dart magics when people asked of her help she would give it. She cleared her throat. "What shall it be."

Striker looked down, upset with her answer. These bastards killed the people he cared for most, they deserved no aid from the werewolf tribe. Still, she wasn't a slave to the tribe, she could make her own decisions. No amount of negotiations could fix anything, but he'd just have to suck it up at this point. The old man nodded in understanding. "I will speak with your leader, but no one else can learn of this agreement. My people still hold contempt for the werewolf tribe. Barthello is the only guard I brought with me, I'm sure the chief could bring another to protect you."

The black wolf only stood in silence, listening to the old man prattle on. "My brother will listen to your off, and I will come to look after Kara. I wouldn't trust this human to protect his own skin, let alone the life of another." The blonde warrior only glared at Striker, taking his insults with stride. "Let's just get this over with." Barthello muttered, moving past Striker. The giant beast led the group through the village, people still hid inside the houses. He took them all to the biggest tent in the tribe, home to Alpha. The white leader sat in his wooden throne, looking at the group with a concerned look. "What is this all about?" He asked, waiting for someone to speak up.

"I don't want your men to guard me. I want my people to guard me so they can safely bring me home." She stroked strikers arm. "Striker will come with me if he will do me the honor." She said softly. She asked of him softly looking in his eyes. She walked with the group frowning knowing striker was not happy but she didn't want anyone to die when she could intervene.

"These men have come to ask you for my help." She crossed her arms. "Their people are wounded and They believe with my magic I can help, however, I will abide by your will." She smiled and bowed her head gently to him.

The old man stepped before the Alpha, bowing to show good grace. "You've put me in an awkward position, elder. Your kind has hurt us before." Alpha retorts, looking towards his brother. Striker gave a stern gaze, arms crossed at his chest. He knew Alpha would agree to help these people, but the prospect still left an awful taste in his mouth. The white wolf could only look around the room with a concerned look. Though he was leader, he was still rather young. Negotiations was still a foreign act to him. "I know we've done you wrong in the past. I owe a debt of blood that I could never repay. My only request is that you spare the lives of a few farmers. Help us, and I will agree to any terms you might have."

Alpha knew the first thing the elder could do. "My people have been slowly starving. Your hunters have been taking the game, and we lack the resources to raise a farm for ourselves. I ask that you agree to give us a few animals, some seeds, and crops from your harvest. Do this, and we will not resort to stealing from you anymore." The elder had to think on the request from Alpha. "Much of our harvest was left to trade...but the knowledge to grow crops is worth more then the crops themselves. My people will not be happy, but I agree to your terms."

Alpha nodded towards Kara, giving her permission to help the humans. Striker stepped forward, kneeling to request permission to speak. "Brother, Kara asked for guards to join her in this transaction. I wish to protect her, and bring one more guard for her." Alpha nodded in approval, knowing his brother wouldn't lie to him. The human elder stepped in. "Forgive my intrusion, but I must warn you. My people are still fearful of the werewolf tribes. If you must protect the healer, I request your guards watch her from behind the foliage. They can keep an eye on her, and the farmers won't have to worry." After some consideration, Alpha agreed to the addition the elder had to make. 2 guards would watch over Kara from afar while she worked. In return, the farmers would give enough food to help the werewolf tribe. "Do you have a request on a second guard?" Alpha asked the young healer.

"I leave it in the hands of Striker and Shaman. If they are fine with Striker coming unaccompanied, than he shall come with me unaccompanied. But I do realize that I am a member of the pack." She gave him a look that said that she knew she was valuable and left the decision up to them and trusted them. She then sighed. "I will be in Shamans hut preparing my things for the journey, come and fetch me when you are ready." She bowed to Alpha and turned and walked to Shamans hut rubbing her stomach worried. She didn't trust the humans, but knew she had to help.

She moved to her heavy robe that signified her as a healer. Pulling it on, she sighed noticing it was a bit snug. She tied it off and walked around collecting what she would need and sighed readying herself keeping her head down and focusing her energy on what she needed to do. Ever since her mating her energy was low. After this, her energy would not be up again for quite some time. She would have to tell Striker that after she healed the men she would be extremely vulnerable for several days. Pulling her hood up, she walked out and waited for her traveling group while she pulled the pack over her shoulders and waited. She smiled to the children playing around her.

Leaning back, she sighed and decided to sit while she waited and ran her hands together looking down at them.

Shaman was informed of the matter almost instantly. He offered to help the humans, but the elder refused the aid. Kara was the best fit for the task. The humans would only panic if they saw a werewolf approaching them, best to just let Kara do her work. The group of males approached the young girl, waiting to go. "We signed the agreement on parchment. As soon as my people are safe, I will call a select few to deliver the goods to the tribe." The elder confirmed that he would keep his word to the others. Striker stood right next to Kara, indicating he was ready to leave.

"You lead the way to the caravan, I'll keep an eye back here. Shaman, take the rear. If she is hurt for whatever reason, we can rely on you to help." Shaman nodded in understanding, a good plan to keep the group healthy. The village elder and his guard began marching out of the village, with Striker nudging Kara to move. "They don't know why you've chosen to join our tribe. I'm sure the elder wouldn't care if he found out you were pregnant, but I think the other human would try to strike at you. If symptoms of pregnancy pop up, it's best you have an excuse ready." Striker explained his concerns to her.

Back
Top Bottom