Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Raising The Pups (ColdChaos x I)

"I understand completely." She kissed his cheek gently. She stroked his back gently and then sighed watching the fire with him. While they say she smiled and then looked up at him. "I would appreciate company out to the river more than you would know." She smiles and stood up and held out her hand to help him up.

She went out with him and walked with him. "I would like to be friends with you and your people Striker. I hate my people for what they have did. I doubt I will ever go back to my home. The anger and hurt in my heart is too great. If I weren't human I would hate humans to. Hell I am human, and I hate humans too." She smiled gently.

"I have a history of losing friends. Be careful of what you want out of me." Though the beast has grown to tolerate the human, she still has no idea of the torment her people had brought him. "I can't decide if you stay or not, though my brother will give you the freedom to decide." He let out a deep sigh at the mention of his kin. "Just don't speak of your people's actions, like you know everything they did. What you've heard from the Shaman is only scrapping the tip. We've had to suffer long and hard, even when our races were at peace."

Striker continues informing the girl, until they reach the river. The sun had set, and a sea of glowing stars fill the night sky. Low chirping from the crickets set a soothing tone on the watery front. A warm breeze blew along Striker's fur, ruffling it from side to side. The black wolf rests atop another rock on the shore, looking over the woman. "Until the children begin to grow in your womb, you can wash yourself. If you require privacy, I can turn away." He'd already seen her being used by the tribe's healer, there was no need to peek on her bathing.

"I would like for you to tell me sometime if you are feeling up to it." She said gently as she slid her hand carefully into his large paw. All she wanted was to be friends with him. She wanted him to see her as someone he could talk to.

"How will I wash when the Cubs grow in my womb? And no you can watch me if you wish." She took off her robe and hung it on a branch near him to watch. She then unwrapped the makeshift doeskin dress she had made. She hung that up as well next to robe. She moved down to the river and began to wash herself. Shutting her eyes she listened to Striker fill her in on everything she needed to know about carrying Cubs and being pregnant sighing the pack. She swallowed feeling the cool water drip down over her fevered body. She felt the power and the energy of the people in the earth around her. She moved finishing up and dried off best she could before moving up beside Striker and began to dress again.

Striker watched her bathe, the woman's body glowing in the moonlight. More memories of times past flooded into his head. The woman he used to love, the man he could not save, and the pain those good times brought. Lost in though, the wolf could only look at her reflection, as the empty feeling swelled in his heart. Flashing back, Striker could see blood on his paws. He stood in a black, twisted, version of the forest he traveled as a child. The people he cared for, slumped in a pile. Those cold, blank, eyes staring at him. Like stepping out of a nightmare, Striker gasps with shock.

Her question broke through his traumatic episode, this wasn't the first time those visions came to him. Shaking at his seat, the wolf looked around. This was reality, and his vision was only in the past. Taking a moment to process her question, Striker coughed in preparation. "Um...when you're close to giving birth, it'll be hard to move around. Washing over your enlarged belly will prove troublesome. Usually a mate will wash his bride, when she reaches at phase of her pregnancy. Until you claim a mate, you can ask anyone to help you, if tasks prove too strenuous." He answered, trying to pass off his fearful moment.

She saw the look in his eye and knew what was happening. She knelt in front of him and held his face in her hands and stroked his face and then saw him. "I don't know what you are seeing, but I know the look of fear and loss. Striker, I lost someone really close to me a long time ago, the person I mentioned in the clearing, someone from the pack, and I used to have nightmares of him. And although I never got to see him." She looked away and she bit her lip and tears rolled down her face and she sat down naked and wiped her face and sniffled and began to sob. She couldn't continue. She wasn't sure if it was the hormones or the energy creating life within her but she just felt so weak and so emotionally vulnerable.

"I always felt like his ghost was with me, haunting me, blaming me that I wasn't there to save him. I mean." She raised her head and wiped her face and sniffled. "I had all this magic that he gave me and I wasn't there to save him. I knew he was dead, he and I were so close and I felt like a part of me was just ripped out. And I always felt like that part of me....was missing..." She swallowed and continued to cry. "Thats why I thought...that if I knew what happened...I would feel better....but I don't...I feel worse...like...I hate myself more...because I am human...and humans were the thing that killed him....I hate myself..." She continued to cry.. "And your honorable race has no one better than me to help you bring back your kind...but i feel like I am making your race just a halfbreed...and your kind hates me..." She continued to cry not sure why she was baring all her feelings in front of the wolf that probably could care less while she was naked and extremely pathetic looking.

Striker felt a large twang in his soul, like it was plucked by an invisible hand. Her pain was similar to his, almost identical. Quickly, he grabbed her, holding her in a tender embrace. Tightly he squeezed, forcing out every bad feeling she had welled up. His warm chest brushed against her naked body, arms sliding along her back. "The people will come to love the halfbreeds, just as they will come to love you. We took you from your home, told you that you would have sex against your will, only to cause you more emotional pain. Yet you still decide to aid us in our time of need. No one could ask for a better human." Striker calmed her down, as he bore out his own emotions.

The girl was kind enough to share her demons...it was time for Striker to release his. Letting go of her, the black wolf looked up towards the sky. "When we first met, I blew up when my brother mentioned Charlie. He's the reason for that loss. Charlie, and his sister Violet, grew up with me and my brother. He was the runt of the tribe, only growing up to be about your size. The boy was a pacifist, never believing in combat. I used to wrestle him all the time, pinning him without a sweat. His sister would always step in to be a better challenge. She was the elder sister, protecting her brother, when he couldn't. Her black fur, soft features, and determined spirit drove me crazy...I loved her." A single tear drew from his hazel eye, as he shared these happy memories. Chuckling a bit, Striker continued his tale.

"Charlie was non to happy, thinking Alpha had the bigger stones. After a solid headlock, I got his blessing. Violet couldn't stop saying yes, after I proposed to her. We marked one another with our scent, proving that we were mates. That was when word came out that the humans were attacking. Worrying for my wife, and brother in law, I told the two to run. We fought of the humans, saving most of the tribe. I heard a scream in the forest...I could already tell it was her's. Rushing through the forest, I prayed harder then ever for Violet to be safe. After an hour of searching, I found the source of the noise. Charlie and Violet were thrown onto a pile of corpses, with a few other wolves the humans had killed. Abandoned, like wasted game, they sat for the flies. Overcome with so many emotions, I could only cry, as I held the two people I cared about most in life. Now every time I think of them, I'm only reminded of the pain I felt that day." Tears streaked down Striker's face, but he was glad. It was like a huge weight was cast from his shoulders.

She gripped onto him and pressed her face against his chest and continued to cry into his chest and continued to cry. Even though he spoke kind words she doubted what he said was true. She hid her face in his chest wishing to be anything but the horrible human she was. When he begun to talk of himself she became quiet. She still held onto him quietly and didn't move, afraid to move, afraid that if she moved or even spoke, she would break this moment they were sharing. She continued to cry for both of their losses.

When he finished, she looked up into his face. She reached up, and gently kissed away his tears and pressed her face against his neck and sighed and held him tighter and wrapped her arms around him tightly and sighed. There were no words to heal his heart. She knew, because she knew the pain in his heart. Tears continued to roll down her face. She swallowed and continued to sit in his arms and in his embrace. She let out a choked sob every once and a while but soon she was once again worn out and her tears had ceased. But she continued to hold onto Striker. Her naked body was pressed against his.

Striker patted at her back, feeling better with her caring for him. "Let's go home, you need your rest." He whispered to her, concerned for the girl's health. Pressing her body against his, he carried her off the rock he was resting on. His heart was ready to heal, but it wasn't ready to love just yet. "We both have a long road ahead of us." He commented, brushing his cheek into hers.

Holding the girl in his arms felt peaceful. Striker hadn't held another woman for a long while. Tail swaying in the cool breeze, he looked her in the eye. "Do you wish to walk? I can carry you if that is your wish." Just a few days ago, the black wolf would spit at the ground she walked on. Now, he was offering to hold her. Maybe the Shaman was right, and they needed one another more then they realized.

She shook her head. "I can walk, let me dress." She smiled. She looked at Striker, she cared for striker, but being in his arms wasn't the same as being in Shamans arms. SHe blushed thinking about it. She smiled and blushed and pulled on her clothes and then walked with him and held his hand and walked with him and bit her lip realizing that the goddess had something far greater than anything planned for him. She gently touched his back and sighed.

"Striker, thank you for sharing your past with me. I know it wasn't easy to share with me, but I do hope that I can be friends with you." She whispered softly to him and walked closer and rested her cheek on his arm.

Striker was touched by her kind gesture. He had never opened himself up to someone like this before. Looking over the girl's body, he enjoyed the feeling of her head pressed onto his arm. Part of him was a little hesitant to answer her question. Worry began to take hold of him, fearing that something would happen if he said yes. Shaking his head, Striker tried to fight those fears. A heavy breath burst from his nostrils, as he came back from his thoughts. "Y...yes, I think we can be...friends."

The Shaman's tent glowed with a warm fire. Rustling shadows were a sign that the owner had returned. A second shadow indicated that company was over. Striker had a feeling that he already knew who the guest was. Shifting the door flap, the two took a step inside. The Shaman was resting at the bonfire, long with Alpha. They were cooking a nice chicken dinner over the stove top. A pot of warm water boiled a helping of white rice. Alpha beamed a warm smile at the pair. "Welcome back, are you two getting along?" Striker blushed a bit, not wanting to answer his brother.

"Good that makes me happy." She smiled and she looked up seeing the fire at the tent and blushed seeing they had company. She looked up at Striker but realized that striker probably wouldn't want to volunteer any information. Kara bit her lip and walked in and chuckled seeing the alpha and shook her head a bit and then sighed as the alpha was once again trying to get at his brothers goat.

"And you are trying to get at your brothers goat like always." She sat down and groaned wincing still sore from the session her and Shaman had. She smiled and looked at Alpha and shook her head. "So what brings you over Alpha?" She raised her eyebrow praying that he didn't want to mate her too so soon.

Alpha laughed at the girl's response, sensing some chemistry between the two. "The Shaman had opened up to me, revealing that he has mated with you. Not sharing the details, of course, but the news is all I needed. I came to thank you, this cooperation means a lot to our race." Placing his hands together, the grey wolf bows his head. Striker sat next to his brother by the fire, eager to eat after a long day. The Shaman was smiling at her as well, seeing she was already getting along with other members of the tribe.

"I also came to touch up on a matter. We wish to monitor you for a few days, just for signs that you ARE pregnant with the Shaman's child. Reports of morning sickness, or late periods, are all we need to confirm that you are with child." Alpha turned to face the Shaman, nodding that it was his turn to speak. "Finally...we would like to negotiate you settling down with a mate. Even if you bare my child, you are still free to hold the seed of other members of the tribe. I'd like to know how you feel about being marked. There will be no ill will, if you choose to not be wed to anyone in the tribe. If you have any questions, I will help you."

"Ohh no problem." She blushed and shifted a bit and bit her lip. She looked up and then nodded and sighed. "Alright, that is understandable." She sighed and then watched the alpha. "Well I would not like to force anyone to be my mate, I mean, I do understand that I am a human and your kind would rather probably have the plague then mate with me." She blushed and swallowed looking down and looked up. "But if there is anyone who came forward who has voiced an interest in being my mate, then, who is it?" SHe blushed.

She shifted blushing.

"Um, also, this might sound very naive but how soon will it show if I am pregnant with a wolf seed?" She blushed. She knew that it was probably different with human. She looked at them and bit her lip.

"No one person has come out wanting to mark you. We can schedule for you to meet other males who might wish to mark you." Alpha chimed in, answering her question. She had only been in the village for a day now, and has only met a single person. The tribe was still wary on a human helping them raise children, though that would change if they saw her with a fat belly. Striker grew a bit silent at the mention of choosing mates. Part of him wanted to say something, but it was a bit too soon for that.

The Shaman thought on her question about signs of pregnancy. The tribe had never raised a child with a human before, so the only frame of reference was the usual process for wolf woman. "That's actually a very good question. You're the first human we've seen that could carry a wolf's seed. Signs could develop at the rate a human child takes, or at the rate our woman go at. In the case of the later, your belly will begin to expand after 2 weeks since impregnation. Morning sickness shows up after 2-3 days, and delivery will be around 3 months from now." The white wolf had helped enough woman with this issue to know what he was talking about.

"Your right, it is quite too soon still. I should put myself out there and let myself be known." SHe blushed and ran her fingers through her hair and laughed blushing and then looked down and then nodded. She cleared her throat and took a deep breath not knowing why she was so quick to leap before looking. She then looked up at the three wolves before him.

She nodded listening to the shaman and knew that his seed had taken. Something deep down told her. She then rubbed her neck and then thought. She blushed a bit and then looked up.

"As I stay here, what is it besides bearing pups will I be expected to do?" She looked up at the three wolves again. She wondered if she could possibly even hope to fit in with the wolves. But she knew that no matter what she had to try at the very least.

Alpha was surprised to hear that she wanted to do more for the tribe. Not even in the community for a day, and she was eager to help out more. Breeding was all they wanted from her, but they weren't going to just say no for the offer. Alpha coughed, drawing attention to himself. "Given your experience as a healer, your knowledge would be more then helpful with curing the sick and wounded. Our Shaman is more of a medicine man, so healing spells would be most useful." The Shaman nodded, thinking it would be nice to have some help. Alpha extended his hand towards his brother.

"Striker is one of our best hunter gathers. We would gladly take any food or supplies you two would find...if Striker is wiling to let you join him." Striker also nodded to his brother's sign. "I'd be happy if you could join me. It would be a good way to get out of this small village, and see more of the forest." Striker made his case to have her help him. Alpha nodded, glad to see his brother begin to heal. "You can also join me as an advisor. You would learn more about our culture, and befriend the other members of the tribe."

Kara smiled and nodded to the shaman. "I would be more than honored to help out as a healer to start out." She smiled and nodded. She then shifted again happy that they would allow her a spot at what she did back home. She sighed and then wondered if there was something else they wanted to talk to her about. She looked to one of them to the next.

Alpha nodded with a large smile. "Everything seems to be in order. If you need anything from me, Kara, just let me know." The Shaman scooped the chicken off the grill, and into a wooden bowel. A bed of rice was placed on top, after applying a few herbs and seasonings. The white wolf passed the small bowel to Striker, who began eating as soon as he took it from the healer. The Shaman did the same thing, passing the food to Kara, then Alpha, then himself. The wolves all ate with wooden spoons, scooping up the meat and grain. Though it wasn't much, it was finely prepared.

Kara ate slow. She frowned at how little they had and her heart hurt for it. Sure she survived on much less but wolves deserved more. She found she got full quickly. She leaned back and crossed her ankles setting her bowl beside herself for whoever wanted it. She looked into the fire and just thought. She heard the wolves going on about their lives outside.

Striker was quick to take the food Kara wasn't eating. The three wolves were muscular, and needed the extra calories to burn. Alpha wanted to stop his brother from rudely taking food, but times were growing hard. Greedy humans were taking most of the game, and the wolf tribe had to resort to stealing farm animals for nourishment. After the war, the humans became more protective of the animals. Fall was approaching fast, and the tribe had little time to prepare for the winter season.

Outside, the people gossiped, as they prepared for the night. "I heard from the Alpha, that the human might already be pregnant. That's good, it would have been a shame if we had to rape her to bear children. Humans have taken so much from us, it's about time they gave some back." Some of the tribe talked about some of the disdain they had for humans. Alpha sighed, after hearing what his people had to say.

Standing up, Alpha and his brother prepared to leave for the night. Stopping in front of the girl, he prepared to speak. "Kara, you are doing so much for us. I might not have to say this, but you can stay as long as you wish. I still feel bad about taking you from your home, and forcing our pain on you. That being said, I have one major request from you." Giving a light cough, the others listened in on what the leader had to say. "Once you have given birth to your first child, I'd like to join me on a journey. A prosperous kingdom to the north has never seen werewolves before. I'd like to negotiate an alliance with them, helping one another to thrive. Though we don't have much, I think we can provide them with ample trade, and better protection then any human military. Your task will be to testify our good nature, let them know that we CAN live with humans. The child serves as proof of this. You are free to either not come, or not bring the child, but the people would be in your debt."

She sighed and then nodded. She looked up at him and smiled. "It would be an honor to serve this pack in any way I can." She nodded and then looked at him. She stood up and then put out her hand to seal the deal that she would help. She looked into his eyes. "My word is good and solid, I will travel to the north with you as soon as I bear a healthy child that is capable of making the trip with me." She nodded and looked at him and grinned. "I am going to help out your people as much as I can. For your people are my people as long as you accept me as one of your own."

"I gladly accept you as one of us, Kara." Alpha responded, grabbing at her hand to shake it. He smiled at the girl, locking eyes with her. "Tomorrow, I'd like you to stand before the entire tribe. They will know that you have earned my blessing. It will be a grand celebration, a new age between human and werewolf." The grey wolf was most pleased with the way his tribe was changing. What started as a kidnapping has turned for the better between them. Bowing one more time, Alpha leaves the Shaman's tent. Striker bows as well, to show he is leaving. "I'll come by tomorrow, we can have another talk by the lake." He follows his brother, leaving her alone with the healer.

The Shaman stands up, moving towards Kara. He wraps his arms around her from behind. "A good first day, is a sign of a good journey. I'm confident the others will grow to love you." Brushing his cheek next to hers, he motions his head towards her bed. "It's been a long day, and you need your rest. If you'd like, you can sleep with me in my bed."

"Alright." She smiled and bowed back to the alpha. She stepped back and let the wolves pass. She grinned to Striker and then she nodded. "I look forward to it." She movd forward and kissed his cheek softly. She then stepped back to him and wrapped her arms around his and leaned back shutting her eyes. She felt so tired. "Thank you for that vote of confidence." She said quietly. She reached up and stroked his face softly.

"I would like company in bed for once." She whispered quietly. She moved to his bed and laid down and sighed. She was sore adn tired. She looked up at the Shaman and smiled and gently held out her hands to him and grinned.

The Shaman rolled into bed, falling into her arms. He looked down at her, smiling with a warm expression. Kissing her forehead, he wrapped his arms around her. His eyes began to droop from exhaustion. "Mmmm, Kara." He called out to her, slowly drifting to sleep. One leg crossed over hers, pulling her into a tender cuddle. His fur served as a warm blanket, his heartbeat a soothing rhythm. The Shaman nodded off to sleep, dreaming about the child he would soon have. He didn't have much time to raise a family of his own, but always had thoughts of being a parent. This was his golden opportunity, half breed or not.

She giggled and kissed his cheek and smiled and nuzzled into his arms and into his embrace. "Yes, shaman?" She whispered quietly. But whatever he wanted to say, it was lost to both, because he had fallen asleep. She sighed and stroked his back and thought about the pack. Thought about what they needed. Thought about all the things that she could do to help them. She shut her eyes and knew of all the ways that she could help. She stretched out under Shaman and cuddled close shutting her eyes and fell asleep.

In the morning, she woke up and looked at Shaman. She smiled and kissed his face gently. She then shifted a bit wondering how easy it would be to go and wonder through the tribe and maybe look for berries for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom