Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Holy, Arcane, Forbidden Love (MysteriousD & nightsorceress)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
Diego Vendrix certainly didn't expect this sort of assignment when he awoke. His mornigns consisted of doing a morning run and meditation before having breakfast with whomever with the townsfolk of where his church was before beginnign his preaching duties and helping whom he can. It was difficult since he was just made a priest from a deacon just a year ago.

He didn't expect for the archbishop of alliance of the kingdoms to come and visit him personally. According to the Archbishop, his nephew's town had become inhabited by a witch and DIego was asked if he could expel her as peacefully as possible.

Diego was not on route by carriage with horses to the town to supposedly banish a witch.

The town folk were well aware someone or rather something lived in the forest where no dared go. The forest was un inhabitable and they knew anyone who lived there was up to no good. They had pleaded for help and now finally it had arrived.

As the carriage containing Diego entered the town it was swarmed by the people begging them to help them as quickly as he could. Fear was in their eyes fear of the unknown that lurked in the woods. This town has recently lost their priest and so they assumed it was the work of the witch living in the woods banish all godliness from the land.

Diego was swarmed by the people of the town begging for town. Eventually, he got them to calm down and he ended up going to th baron. The Baron was the nephew of the Archbishop, but he was a reasonable and honest man.

"That is why we need you to check to see if this is the work of the witch," he explained to Diego. Diego then looked over the body of the deceased priest. Diego was not like most priests, having been okay with some practices or being flexible, such as cutting up the deceased if they have given permission when alive. After all, they leaned much about the body this way and recognizing sickness.

Diego doubted a witch caused the preist's death, looking more like he died of old age, but the forest's omnious atmosphere did warrant investigtion. Bible in hand alone with a shepard's crook with a lantern hanging from it, he went into the dark forest, looking for this witch.

The towns people cheered their new priest as he went off into the woods to banish the witch. Even in the light of day the forest was a dark place many tall trees blocking the sun. But as the priest walked he noticed a path forming as if someone had travel through many times.

The pat eventually lead to a clearing was a cottage stood. Around it was a garden protected by a fence, it certainly did not look like the home of an evil witch. There was a light on inside the cottage someone clearly inside.

Diego certainly found the forest to be not normal. The creatures looked of different colors and there were a couple of trees with glowing... lines or something. He didn't know if it was an ungodly thing or if it was just a different sort of place.

"God, help me through here," Diego prayed as he went forward and he found a path. One well-traveled and it didn't take long to find himself in.. a clearing with a cottage and a fence.

It looked rather quaint and certainly not the home of a witch or the like.

He went over and decided the civil approach. He went to the door and knocked on it. He hoped he could do this peacefully.

Alaina was sitting I front of the fireplace reading as she heard a knock at the door. It was extremely strange no one ever came to her door. She a rose from her seat and went to the door slowly opening it. She looked at the man standing on the other side.

Alain was a beautiful creature, not some old hag that would be the witch. She looked to be no older than 20, with long Raven colored hair, slender figure and her most stunning feature her purple eyes. She looked at the man for a long moment "can I help you"

Diego didn't know what to expect. Perhaps an old woman or someone else, but certainly not an attractive woman. She was only a little younger than he was with a lovely figure, night-colroed hair and mysterious purple eyes that made him stare at her. She was truly a beautiful woman.

"Um yes. Hello, my name is Diego and I have been sent to investigate the forest for any magical mishaps or troublemakers," Diego asked her as he bowed to her respectably. He could see how some would mistake her to be a witch. Granted, soem of the signs were nothing more but quirks or such, but purple eyes were very rare to be something of interest.

Alaina open the door a bit more and smiled kindly at the stranger. "Well sir I am the only one out here and I can assure you I am not dangerous" he a handsome man but she cold tell by his clothes he was more than just a man "I am sure you are tired after your travels would you like to come in for some tea"

"Of course," Diego told her as he stepped in. He was in his preistly clothes and he looked inside her home. For the msot part, it was a lovely small place, consisting of some furnishings, including a bed, an area to prepare food or possibly medicine and a bookshelf with plenty of books.

"Would you like some assistance in preparing the tea, Miss... I apologize, what is your name?" he asks her.

"Alaina" she smiled softly she set the tea kettle on to boil. In her kitchen there were many plants and herbs hanging to dry. More than most normal people had. "Go a head and have a seat I can handle the tea" she moved around the kitchen cutting different herbs and flowers and one the water boiled she added them to them kettle letting them steep "I hope your journey out here was a safe one"

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Alaina," Diego told her politely before he took w seat. He watched her cut the herbs and the different plants as she was making the tea. From what Diego could see, she was drink try like any witch he heard of. Perhaps she just liked being her alone or something. However, he was intrigued by her nonetheless.

"It was, Miss Alaina. I must be honest. The reason I was sent here is because there was discussion of a witch or someone here in the forest," Diego told her truthfully. She didn't seem like a witch and she was causing any trouble as he could see. He was being a bit careful in case something happened.

"While I believe this is a misunderstanding, I am curious as to why you chose to reside here," he asked her kindly.

As the tea finished steeping she poured in to a nicer tea pot and set it on a tray and added two cups, cream and sugar. She then carried over to where Diego was sitting. " well there are certainly no evil in this forest I can assure you that" she smiled as she poured him a cup and then one for herself. "I live out here because I do not fit fit into normal society, I can handle things on my own like gardening and hunting I really Don't have a need for the towns."

Diego was listening to her talk while he tried the tea. It was actually quite delicious and he was listening to what she said. He nodded, seemingly confirmed his suspicions about the entire thing. Yet, something kept gnawing at him. He wasn't sure what though.

"I understand. I am a preist and I know of a few who swore the life of a hermit," Diego told her with a smile. "I am curious how the villagers know of you though," he said.

"Well I past through the village before I settled in this cabin, I caused a large problem when a few of the local men decided I had to be theirs. I mean after all a woman of my age just does not enter the village unmarried clearly I had to be perfect looking for husband" she rolled her eyes and sipped her tea.

Diego couldn't help but chuckle as he saw her roll her eyes and sip her tea. "Well, that makes sense though this brings the pressing matter of what to do in regards to the villager. You are not bothering anyone yet they seemed disturbed by your presence," Diego said as he drank some more tea before he sighed.

"I will need to talk to my superiors on what should be the course of action in handling the villagers, but for now, I will remain as acting town priest so I can ensure your safety," he told her with a smile.

"Well perhaps it would be good for you to continue to come out to the forest it will seem to the villagers you are still investigating me and might them relax a bit more until we can come up with a better plan" she took another sip of her tea part her reason for asking him to come back was she liked his company.

"Very well then," Diego told her with a smile. While he was capable of working blessings, healing and exorcism like all good preists were able to, he really didn't believe in some of the stuff he heard about witches and magic and the like.

"I should probably be heading out. It was a pleasure to meet you, Alaina," Diego told her before he headed out. Suddenly though, he found himself beign watched. He turned to see something.

It was a large creature... an owlbear.

"Uh oh..." Diego said before he was tackled by the beast and DIego was doing his best to defend himself by the monster. "I thought these things were just myth," he said in a bit of a panicked tone.

Alaina was sad to see him take his leave but he had agreed to come back. Which seemed to excit her. As she watched him take her leave she noticed the creature suddenly come up behind him. She froze for a second and then she remembered she had something to stop it. She ran to the kitchen and grabbed a purple flower and ran back to the door. The flower suddenly burst into flames. The beast screeched seeing the flower on fire. Alaina throw it at the creature and then took off from where it came it.

Diego was using his staff to try and block the owlbear from coming down on him before he saw something that scared it. A flower that suddenly caught on fire. Diego got up with his staff and he looked to Alaina.

"D-did you do that?" he asked, tryin g to recvoer from the danger that what happened. However, the flower landed on the grass and the fire began to spread a bit.

"It won't back to the house tonight however to be safe you shouldn't walk back the village until morning. They hate the sun light" she was dodging the question of if she did that. She noticed the fire starting and she grabbed the tea pot putting the fire out.

"Um okay then," Diego said as he winced. His robes were damaged, but the real issue was the largest gash across his chest bleeding. He let out a breath before he prayed, channeling the light and goodness of God and he began healing his wounds. They closed up and stopped bleeding. Diego felt his chest once more and sighed in relief.

"Well thank you for fofering for me to stay. That's really ncie of you," Diego told her with a smile.

"So your a priest with healing magic" she smiled a bit. She thought it funny that he was sent to drive her away because it was rumored she had magic, but he was with magic himself. "As for offering you to stay I certainly could not allow you to be killed by that creature, your safe here"

"Um... I dont use magic," Diego said as he looked at her confused. He was invoking the power of God when he was using healing and while he didn't know much about magic, from the tales he heard, it relied on drawing lost and mysterious power. Diego was merely invoking a higher power rather than claiming the power to be truly his.

He did smile at her offer. "Thank you for letting me stay though," Diego told her gratefully. "Is there anything that I can do to help you? Where would I be sleeping he asked her.

Alaina sighed softly he was using magic even though he didn't want to believe, "yes of course you weren't using magic" she tried to keep things pleasant, "I have a guest room down the hall, if you are ready to return I can show you, or I can make something to eat if you are hungry"

"Very well, Miss Alaina," Diego told her before he heard her offer of food. "Let me cook for you. It's the least I can do for your kindness," Diego told her as he was bowing his head. "What sort of dishes do you like?" he asked her.

Back
Top Bottom