Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Traumatic Beginnings (Hiddenartist & rskde)

She didn't, just kept her position the same as she looked at him. "I'm okay. You didn't say anything." she shook her head, looking down at the bed. "I can deal with my past, you don't need to worry about saying something or doing something." she shrugged, not looking at him.

"It's just.. Hard, you know? I do have to worry because I care about you, I was serious when I said I had a crush on you." He says to her. "I just.. I want you to feel happy, and I'm at a loss because I have no idea how to make you happy." He explains while crossing his legs on the bed, watching her.

She looked down at the bed as he spoke, running her hand over the covers as she thought. "You shouldn't have a crush on me... we've only known each other a couple days..." She didn't look up at him, her words not really holding any conviction. She lived with him now, she didn't want him to NOT like her. "I don't remember the last time I was happy." Her words were barely above a whisper. She couldn't tell him out to make her happy because she didn't even know.

"Yeah, well natural human instinct kind've pushes me to be attracted to beautiful girls." He says with a shrug while sitting back, his back against the headboard of the bed. "I'm gonna find some way to make you happy, Salene." He says to her while looking over at her, watching her seemingly nervous attitude as she sits there, he wonders to himself if she even feels tge same about him.

Salena's thoughts were distracted in the puzzle of what makes her happy, but even with that, she couldn't fight back the smallest smile when he again called her beautiful. No one called her beautiful. No one except him. That thought only caused her to be more confused though. Here she was, waking up with this guy who barely knew her, and yet practically knew everything about her, and he liked her. How did this happen? She glanced up at him as she tried to still her nervous hands. He had been nothing but courteous to her, showing her respect. Maybe... Just maybe, she could try to open up to the man letting her live with him. He was taking a huge risk for her, so she would... Try to, just, respond to his emotions maybe. Try.

"I..." she liked down at her hands, almost confused as well as scared of opening up. "I was.. Happy, I think, on that lighthouse, watching the water." she admitted to her hands. Why was it so hard to say those words? "You... I..." her brows furrowed as she refused to look at him. "I trust you more than I should. I was there, and I'm here, and you were with me, and you..." she trailed off, blushing as she knew she was making no sense. "you.. Made me smile." she said, as if that explained everything, and for the briefest of moments she looked up at him to judge his response. Repulsion? Smugness? Pity? She didn't know what to expect.

Kevin listens to her talk to him about when she was happy, he smiles to himself when she talked about the lighthouse, how he made her happy. He thinks about how unhappy she had seemed when they had first met, and how he managed to somehow make her happy.. This made him happy. "I'm really glad that you trust me." He whispers to her while pressing his face into her neck, his eyes closing as he enjoys the body heat exchanged between them. He reopens his eyes to watch her in the dark. "Thank you for coming here.. I'm so happy that you're safe." He breathes against her neck.

"I hope that I can continue to make you happy, Salene.. I'm looking forward to spending more time with you." He admits while sighing softly, moving his face from her neck before resting his head on the pillow again. "Maybe we should get some sleep." He whispers to her.

Seeing him move closer, she fought against her instinctive response to tense up, and instead focused hard enough to successfully keep her body relaxed. Due to this, something.. Strange happened. When he spoke, how breath whispering against her neck, a shiver ran through her body. She didn't feel cold, actually if anything she was almost warm. Even though she didn't understand the feeling, she knew it wasn't... Unpleasant. It was confusing.

Kevin then was leaning back down to the pillow, and Salene watched him, studying his face as he laid there. When he mentioned more sleep, her first instinct was to say yes, but the soft glow surrounding the curtains of his - no, it was her room now - caught her attention. "um.. What time is it?" she asked, nerves coming back to her. "it's light out, are we late?" even while she felt some anxiety from missing class, she felt her stomach twist in fear at the very idea of going to school in the first place. It was the one place her father knew she would be. What if he was there, waiting for her? He wouldn't be, and knew he wouldn't, he wouldn't care enough for that, but part of her feared... What if?

Kevin opened his eyes and looks over at the window, sighing quietly. "I guess you're right." He chuckles. "Though, I wouldn't mind taking a day off right about now." He says while sitting up, his arms leaving her so that he could stand and stretch with a small groan. He stands up and looks to her. "I'm gonna go back to my room and get ready." He explains before walking out of her guest room to go into his own, preparing himself for school.

Once he was finished getting ready, Kev walks out of his room and downstairs, quickly making himself and Salene breakfast which consisted of orange juice and a bowl of cereal, which he eats without any milk, but leaves the option for Salene to put milk into hers if she wanted to.

Salene watched him leave, her eyes following the movement of his steps. The sound of him walking down to his room was strange... She was so used to hearing her father's drunken footfalls in the hallway outside her room that she just... didn't know how to handle someone like Kevin. This whole situation was just... unreal. For some reason, this feeling of relative safety... it scared her. She didn't know how to deal with it. The last time... she didn't want to think about the last time she thought she had safety. What would she do if Kevin or his brother kicked her out? She would literally have nowhere to go. If she ever saw her father again, she really believed he would kill her. Maybe it would be better that way...

She shook her head. There was no point thinking about that. No point. With that thought in mind, she stood and quietly closed the door to her room. She didn't even realize she'd turned the lock when she moved over to her backpack. What she put in her backpack was sparse. It wasn't like her father spent money on her. She had just enough that she could change into a different outfit twice before needing to wash her clothes. Keeping her habitual quick movements when changing, she put on a new outfit. It wasn't new clothes of course, her jeans were full of holes and her shirt was torn along the hems. But it was better than nothing.

Hesitating at the door, knowing Kevin was waiting downstairs, she glanced at the window. She was so used to escaping through the window at her old house... Now she was going to have to go downstairs and see someone who was kind to her. It was just so... strange. Taing a deep breath to fortify herself, she opened the door and walked downstairs. When she saw Kev eating cereal, another bowl and something to drink sitting out for her, she felt her chest get tight. She hadn't seen someone leave food out for HER since her mom passed away.

She silently walked up to the bowl he left out and quietly said "Thank you." It meant so much to her. She didn't understand his thoughtfulness. Hesitating a moment, the instinct to avoid her father's wrath over her using up any milk cauing her to initially feel she couldn't have any, she allowed herself to pour a little bit of milk into her bowl. The first taste was heaven. Her eyes closed, savoring the flavor that was made even sweeter by Kevin leaving a bowl out for her. And she let herself enjoy the taste of food without the hurry of fear.

Kevin waits for her downstairs and gives her a smile when she walks downstairs, he notices her worn clothing and makes a note to himself that they would have to get her different clothing soon, he didn't mind paying for that. He nods to her when she thanked him. "No problem, there's plenty to go around." He says while finishing his own cereal. "You can have more milk if you want." He offers before going over to the sink to wash his dishes, taking his time to wash any remaining cereal crumbs out of his bowl so that he could then deposit it into the dish washer.

He walks back over to Salene and pulls up a chair next to her, leaning on to the table and looking to her, as he was ready to go. "We can go shopping if you want more clothes." He offers her while leaning back in his chair, examining her while she ate. He still appreciated her beauty, though he could understand how rough she had it on the inside, he still found himself loving her. "We can also go to the park or something, enjoy the sights like we did at the lighthouse." Kevin smiles and folds his hands on the table. "Once we get back from school, the day is yours." He says before standing to go and get his backpack ready for school.

She ate quickly out of habit, appreciating the additional flavor without takinig the time to savor it. It was far too ingrained in her. Watching him as he washed his dishes, she studied him. He didn't look like someone who should be being so nice to her. Not that she knew what that kind of person would look like, but still. She didn't get lucky like this, and she wondered when the other shoe would drop. She supposed she should be thinking about what to do when he kicked her out...

When he turned back to her, she let those thoughts go into the background of her mind, instead getting distracted by the way he watched her. She felt the slightest blush creep up her cheeks as she looked down at her bowl. The offer he made to go shopping had her instantly shaking her head, looking up at him in surprise. "No, no, Idon't have money for that." Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, she stood up to take her dishes to the sink, washing them herself and hesitated a moment before putting her dishes in the dishwasher as well. "i... I would like to spend more time with you." Her voice was quiet, hesitant to admit so.

Kevin shakes his head. "I think you misunderstand, I was offering to buy you more clothes." He says with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head. "My brother wouldn't mind, and if he does I have money that I can spend.. I can't just let you go around in the same clothes all the time." He says. "Once we get you fresh clothes we can wash your old ones.. Though they are a little destroyed, so we could buy you a new wardrobe and throw out the destroyed clothes if you'd like." He offers while taking her hand with his, looking at her with a smile on his face, loving the blush that had turned her cheeks a rosy pink.

Back
Top Bottom