Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Traumatic Beginnings (Hiddenartist & rskde)

"Sorry.. Your nightmare woke me up." He lies, though he is concerned about the nightmare she was having. "I did not want to come in here because I know you have trouble trusting me but I'm not here to do anything.. I just wanna talk, yknow?" He asks while biting the bottom of his lip. "What was that nightmare about?" He asks her quietly.

She listened to him explain why he was there and nodded, accepting his explanation. Rubbing a hand over her eyes, she cleared her throat. "it was just my father." she said by way of explanation as a shiver ran through her body.

Kev nods to her. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks while gently taking her hand, his eyes locked with hers. "Personally when I have nightmares it's good to talk about them." He explains with a shrug.

She looked down at their hands, not entirely bothered by his touch there. Shrugging, she stared down at their connected hands. "I don't know. He came here, was pounding at the door until someone let him in, next thing I know he's in the room and beating me." she shrugged again. It's no different than normal, I suppose.

He nods to her. "I'm here for you." He says to her quietly. "I hope you know that.. And I also kinda came in here because I couldn't sleep, I'm still terrified of the darkness." He says quietly while biting the inside of his cheek. "I really hope you can trust me." He says to her while squeezing her hand. "I know it might be hard to." He says quietly.

She nodded, looking up at him. "I might not trust you a lot, but I trust you more than most. Otherwise I wouldn't have risked everything and come here." her head cocked to the side a bit as she looked at him. "why don't you keep a light on?"

Kev smiles and raises his eyebrows at her. "You try sleeping with a light on." He says with a laugh, shaking his head. "It's ironic really, afraid of the dark but I can't turn a light on and fall asleep." He says with a sigh. "My mom used to sleep next to me, that would help.. But she's gone now, and my brother doesn't do that." He says with a laugh

She shrugged. "what about like a nightlight? Those tend to be softer, right?" she wanted to help him, but... She couldn't do what she thought he needed. She couldn't. She couldn't risk it. "does music help at all? Watching a movie to get to sleep? Something like that?" she asked, not even sure where her ideas were coming from. She couldn't leave the light on for it would waste electricity and that cost money. Music and movies were too loud. She was used to only silence and her thoughts to get her to sleep.

Kev nods softly. "I could probably get a night light, though it would seem a little childish." He says with a chuckle, watching her. "Well Salene, if you ever wanna take me up on my offer I'd be happy to hear from you." He says to her before giving her hand a final squeeze. "I'll leave you to your thoughts." He says with a smile as he stands up to leave.

She shook her head. "it wouldn't be childish." she looked at him as he stood up to leave, her eyes following him. "goodnight" she whispered,huddled up against the headboard. As he left, she continued to sit there, too tense to lay back down. It might have been hours or minutes, but eventually exhaustion beat her and she laid, curled up on her side in the fetal position, and fell back to sleep.

Kev walks out of the room, locking it before closing it behind him. He slips back into his room, leaving the door slightly ajar in case anybody needed him in the night. He lays down on his bed, burying himself in covers while staring out the window, thinking to himself about Salene, how her situation might have affected her.. He wonders why he would make the mistake of falling for her like that, especially with how broken she is.

Soon she was inside of another nightmare. Paul had her locked in the room with his friends. They were touching her, holding her down as they did things, and she screamed... Oh how she screamed. She begged for them to stop, begged to be let go, and then she heard the door open. It had to be someone there to help! Except, her father entered. He watched. Then laughed. "maybe you shouldn't keep trusting young boys to save you." his voice called to her before she felt Paul begin to use her and her screams and pleas for help was all she could hear.

Kev jumps as he hears her screams and cries for help, luckily he knows James sleeps like a rock so he wouldn't wake. Kev walks to her door, grabbing a small key from the top of it and opening it up. He closes the door behind him, walking up to her and shaking her. "Salene, wake up, it's Kevin." He says to her tiredly, trying to stop her from screaming. "C'mon Salene.." He says to her while watching her.

Between her screams and Kevin's words and touch, she jumped out of her dream, and broke down. Unable to handle the fear, the pain, the tiredness, she leaned into him and just cried. Her whole world was falling apart. Nothing was as it was two days ago, and here she was in a strange house with strange people and a boy who may or may not be worth trusting and her father hating her and it was all a mess.. She just was tired of it all... She rarely had the thought, but every once in a while it was all too much. "I just wish I was dead" she sobbed out.

When she leans against him he wraps his arms around her and keeps her close while he listens to her vent. "Salene, if you died we would have never met, you're an amazing person with an amazing and creative personality and I have no regrets when it comes to having met you." He says to her quietly. "You've been amazing to be around and I am so happy that I met you and that you're willing to stay here." He says while continuing to hold her.

She heard his words through her tears, but shook her head. She didn't believe them. She was nothing. She had nothing. But she didn't say anything more, just found herself gripping his shirt as she began to quiet down. Her hands trembled slightly, but she couldn't bring herself to loosen her grip. She just felt exhausted. "I wish my dreams would leave me." she whispered.

Kevin looks at her with a worried expression. "I wish they would leave you to." He says to her quietly while resting his head against hers. "Maybe.. Maybe if we tried sleeping next to each other it might get better.. But you don't have to." He says to her. "Just a suggestion." He says while watching her, not really caring that she was holding his shirt so tightly.

She gave an almost imperceptible shrug in response to his suggestion. She was almost numb from her crying and she was reveling in the sensation. She was tired of feeling. She didn't want to be afraid or hurt or tired or anything. "just... Please don't hurt me." she whispered, her voice soft. Too tired to be afraid, but too weary not to consider the worst possibility.

Kev nods to her. "Salene I would never hurt you." He says to her quietly before gently tugging on her and pulling her down on to the bed, her hand still clutched on his chest as his arms wrap around her protectively as he closes his eyes. "Good night Salene." He says to her quietly, he falls asleep next to her, keeping her protected with his arms.

When she heard his words, her heart trembled at the very idea. She wanted to believe him so badly. Exhausted, she didn't fight as he pulled her down next to him. It was a strange and foreign feeling to have his arms come around her, but it made her feel... Comforted. She didn't feel alone. If she had been less exhausted, she'd have never fallen asleep, but as it was, her eyes fell closed and soon she drifted off to the feel of his arms.

They easily oversleep the clock to go to school, not like Kev realy cares about school any more, he had buried his head into the crook of her neck, his lips resting against the sensitive flesh of her neck as they sleep. When he wakes he sighs quietly, his warm breath bouncing off the skin of her neck, though he doesn't want to wake her, she looks.. Peaceful, and she hadn't had any night terrors.

Her internal alarm clock was totally screwed up from the bad night's sleep that she never woke up. Instead, it was the gentle feeling of breath on her neck that caused her to wake. Instead of the normal way of her instantly waking up, she woke slowly,shifting in the arms of the man she slept next to. It took her a moment to realize that she was, in fact, in the arms of a man. Fear came first, who was this man? And then realization hit her. Even though she didn't quite relax, she wasn't afraid as her eyes opened to look at Kev. His eyes were already open, and she stared into his gaze. She didn't know what to say. "hi." she whispered simply.

Kev smiles at her when she wakes and speaks to him. "How'd you sleep?" He asks her quietly. "Maybe if you slept better we can do this more often?" He asks her quietly, watching her with a smile on his face. He moves to get out of bed, rolling his shoulders. "Personally, best sleep of my life." He says with a laugh. "And you didn't scream in your sleep after we were next to each other." He says with a grin. "So maybe it worked?"

She shrugged faintly. "I slept okay." She still felt tired and... numb. Drained from everything that had happened the night before. She only watched as he got out of bed, taking note of his ease in this situation. Instead of getting up as well, she only sat up, pulling her knees up to her chest. "I'm glad you slept well." This situation felt weird to her. She'd never woken up with someone else before, not like this.

Kev looks at her as she tucks her legs into her chest. "Are you okay?" He asks her while sitting back down, looking over at her with worry. "Was it something I said?" He asks her softly, unsure of what to do about it. "I'm sorry, I really have no idea how to deal with this, I feel like I can't do anything without reminding you of something." He says as if beating himself up about it.

Back
Top Bottom