Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the colors!

TheCorsair

Fruit Bat Vampire
I just got to use the phrase "bored, foppish swashbuckler Sith" to describe an NPC. It's difficult to say five times fast, but it's very much worth it.

Here is to hoping we find a way to keep him around for more than a post or two. :p

(Welcome to journals, by the way)

Busy, busy Fourth of July weekend! I'll try and post, but make no promises.

The Sparrow Household
Jonathan Nathaniel Sparrow (alias "Captain Jack), an apothecary turned pirate.
Jennifer Marian Agnes Dolan Sparrow, his wife.
Jonathan Nathaniel Sparrow, Jr., their eldest son.
Anne Mary Sparrow, their eldest daughter.
Brigid and Lucy Sparrow, twins
Stephen James Sparrow, their youngest son

The People of Dover
Master Christopher Halliwell, apothecary.
Mary Halliwell, his wife.
Ben Halliwell, his son.
Jacob, apprentice to Master Halliwell.
Sarah.
Howard.
Anne.
Molly Gordon.
Michael Dolan, proprietor of the Black Anchor and father of Jennifer.
Mary Dolan, mistress of the Black Anchor and mother of Jennifer.
Peter Dolan, Jennifer's brother.
Sean Dolan, Jennifer's brother.
Elizabeth LeBlanc, a young woman courted by Sean Dolan.
Father Daniel Shovel, parish priest of Saint Catherine's.
Doctor Winchester, who assisted at the delivery of all of the Sparrow children.

The People of London
Cutler Beckett, representative of the East India Company.
Doctor Chamberlain, a fellow of the Royal Society.
Doctor George, a fellow of the Royal Society.
Millicent Peale, a witch.

Men of the Sea
William "Bootstrap Bill" Turner, able seaman aboard the Ablemarle.
Captain Beawes, master of the Ablemarle.
Danny, able seaman aboard the Ablemarle.
Three-leg Willie, able seaman aboard the Ablemarle.
Henry Voss, supercargo aboard the Ablemarle.

Men of the Brotherhood
Mister Gibbs, pirate.
Edward Teague, pirate. John's father.
Hector Barbossa, pirate.

Creatures Numinous and Uncanny
The Shadow Thing, John's personal demon.
Josephine Sumner, a witch.
The Horseman.
Calypso, a goddess.
Clymene, a goddess.

(WIP. Resume with page 14).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRKi5eW-vX4[/video]

Just a little thing, combining a couple of my current RPs.

And, suddenly, I'm caught up with all my threads! If this lasts, I'll have to start jotting down the future plot ideas I've worked out with Madame Mim and Xanaphia. Which would put me in danger ov not just making it up as I go! We can't have that!

:)

The timeline of the Sparrow family. Madam Mim did the bulk of the work on it.
1679: John Sparrow I is born to Anne Sparrow I.

July 1681: Jenny Dolan is born to Mary and Michael Dolan.

1684: Edward Teague comes home to Anne Sparrow to find she's supposedly happy with another, wealthier man, not knowing she had turned to prostitution to pay the bills. He decides to leave her life uncomplicated and happy.

1689: The Dolan family moves to Dover, England to escape persecution for being Catholic. ("The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm.")

1690: John Sparrow I is apprenticed to Christopher Halliwell.

Winter 1693: Anne Sparrow I dies.

1695: Jenny begins working at the Black Anchor.

September 1697: John Sparrow I and Jenny Dolan meet. They are both also acquainted with Joshemee Gibbs.

October 1698: John and Jenny go up to the Castle Dour. John meets the Shadow Thing for the first time. John proposes and Michael gives his consent.

Winter 1698/Spring 1699: John's apprenticeship ends, becomes junior partner at the apothecary.

April 26, 1699: John and Jenny are married.

December 25, 1699: Jenny announces she's pregnant via baby clothes as a "gift."

April 26, 1700: Johnathan Michael Sparrow is born. Christopher Halliwell refuses to get him a christening gift.

1701: Sean Dolan marries Elizabeth LaBlanc.

November 1704: Anne Mary Sparrow is born. Additional rooms are built onto The Nest.

February 1705: Anne Sparrow II contracts polio, a previously unknown disease rarely seen. Survives but loses her ability to walk. Is also left with a wracking cough and difficulty breathing. The doctor says she'll be lucky to live to three. The Shadow Thing begins haunting The Nest.

July 1705: The rift between John and Christopher widens when Christopher proclaims that Anne's sickness is God's judgement on him for leaving the "true" faith.

July-August 1705: John travels to London in hopes of finding a doctor who can cure Anne, but to no avail. While in London John meets one Mr. Cutler Beckett of the EIC during negotiations on Christopher's behalf. He then finds a witch, who seems to consort with the Shadow Thing and control the Headless Horseman, and is offered a deal. He doesn't take it, instead stealing her Book of Shadows and narrowly avoiding death by supernatural decapitation. Jenny finds the book when he returns and is angered, encouraging John to destroy it. He throws it in the fire, burning it to ash before dumping the ash into the harbor.

September 1705: Jenny realizes she's pregnant again.

December 22, 1705: The doctor informs Jenny at nearly six months that she's having twins.

December 23, 1705: Christopher Halliwell turns John out, citing their difference in religious beliefs and claiming that John's conversion to Catholicism is losing them business. Jenny subsequently "accidentally" destroys some of Christopher's stock in revenge. Michael offers John a job at the Black Anchor, which is accepted.

March 1706: Twins Brigid and Lucy Sparrow are born three minutes apart.

April 1706: Brigid and Lucy are baptized. Captain Edward Teague shows up at the Black Anchor looking for John and offering part of a venture. Things are tense, but it's the beginning of mending a relationship.

May 1706: John writes to Cutler Beckett requesting a job, receives a reply in late May.

June 1706: John sets sail on the Ablemarle as a surgeon's mate and supercargo. It's here he first meets William "Boostrap Bill" Turner and Hector Barbossa. During this voyage Anne and Jack send by way of Jenny his trademark beads and hat.

July 1706: Jack falls overboard and is called to Hyperborea by a haunting song in the water, which also claims he and Jenny are 'bound beyond life.' Teague visits Jenny and the children at home in Dover.

August 1706: John attempts to procure some mumia, only to have his hand seized by the long dead king. He meets Egyptian gods Bastet and Anubis, though he thinks they're priests in animal masks despite their display of supernatural powers. Since John's god has plans for him, as revenge for robbing the graves of their dead Anubis curses John to live, but to never return home, that his soul shall never rest with his wife and children in their home. Later, the Ablemarle is captured by the Barnacle and John is shanghaied--presumably along with Boostrap Bill and Barbossa--by his paternal uncle and grandmother who captain the pirate ship. The Ablemarle is sunk and John strikes a deal. John begins going by Jack Sparrow.

October 1706: John reaches Avalon and helps Teague retrieve a magical golden apple, dodging fae, Unseelie, a kikimora, kelpies, and a fachen. A Woodwose demands three bites of the apple in exchange for safe passage, rendering it less potent.

February 1707: John returns home to Dover to his faithful wife, though he learns he had been declared dead. Decidedly not dead, he takes a job at the Black Anchor again. John gives Anne dried pieces of the golden apple, which though it doesn't completely restore her health does improve it drastically.

November 1707: In need of a better job John writes to Beckett for another job. He gets one and sets sail as supercargo for the Lord Cavernon, where he meets Ragetti and presumably Pintel.

December 1707: John--now signing his letters Jack--is once again called by mysterious song to sail to Hyperborea. Teague surprises Jenny and the children for Christmas.

March 1708: Jack and Teague meet in Barbados, where Teague warns him away from Hyperborea, citing the Brethren Court as a threat. Jack agrees to go straight home. Calypso (or some otherworldly force) causes a fierce storm that forces them to sail above the arctic circle into Hyperborea, led there by the Flying Dutchman with Jack as captain. In that land's time Jack spends two days there, dodging a minotaur and a sphinx to free Calypso before making repairs and heading home.

March-June 1708: Mr. Cotton's Parrot flies off to tell the Brethren Court of Jack's arrival in Hyperborea. In retaliation they send a gang of pirates after Jenny, who then writes Jack and has Teague deliver it. Ben Halliwell takes an interest in Jenny, which gradually leads to stalking and peeping along with delusions of a romantic relationship. The EIC stops sending John's pay along in April/May of this year, presuming Jack dead but not actually declaring him so. Ben grows increasingly interested in Jenny and Jenny increasingly angry with Jack.

June 1708: Jack returns home, taking a dockside desk job so he can remain on shore with his family. Ben peeps on Jack and Jenny having reunion sex, assumes Jack is someone else due to his altered appearance.

October 1708: Ben has taken a break from his stalking since Jack is home. Anne's health has been in decline again since late summer. Jack and Jenny return to Castle Dour to find the ghost again, but are interrupted when Anne's health takes a serious and devastating turn.

November 1708: John sets sail as captain of the Wicked Wench in order to try and help pay for Anne's medicines and doctors, swears it's his last voyage.

December 1708: John finds out the Wicked Wench has sailed to Africa for a cargo of slaves. A battle ensues and he and Barbossa successfully lead a mutiny. The ship is rechristened the Black Pearl and they set sail for Tortuga under Captain Jack Sparrow. Jack's letter explaining himself never reaches Jenny.

March 1709: Jenny is informed of her husband's mutiny and the Company demands backpay to December. Captain Teague takes care of paying the Company before setting off to find Jack.

May 1709: Captain Teague finds Jack, convinces him to go home and bring money with him. Jenny meets the gypsy Ion Vrabie, who has clear designs on her, just before finding out for certain that Jack has indeed gone pirate. Ion invites her and the kids to a party. Anne's health hasn't improved since November. Ion and Jenny acknowledge their mutual attraction but Jenny refuses to be unfaithful to her husband.

July 1709: Captain Jack Sparrow returns home and nobody is happy with him. Sean attempts to find legal ways to earn Jack a pardon and defend him from his crimes but fails. Jack is forced to return to sea.

July 1709-January 1713: Events of the first movie and most of the second movie. Captain Jack comes home sporadically but never stays long. Jenny becomes acquainted with some of the regulars of his crew (Barbossa, Pintel, Rigetti, Marty, Cotton, etc.) and treats them kindly.

February 1713: Captain Jack Sparrow is eaten by the krakken. Nobody tells Jenny. A party sets out to gather help from other pirate lords to retrieve Captain Jack from Davy Jones's Locker.

March 1713: Jenny has been sending urgent letters to Captain Jack via Captain Teague in an effort to convince him to come home since she's pregnant again but they go unanswered, causing concern. Teague still doesn't tell her Jack's dead. Ben unsuccessfully attempts to rape Jenny and she puts his eye out in an effort to get away.

October 1713: Steven James Sparrow is born. They still haven't heard from Captain Jack.

April 26, 1714: Captain Jack Sparrow returns home, bringing Will and Elizabeth ashore with him, to find he's got another son. After a fight Jenny agrees to let Jack go to fix his mess, then they'll move away from Dover. While he's home Jack finds out that Ben attempted to rape his wife. He kidnaps and kills him and writes a letter to authorities exposing Christopher Halliwell's less-than-legal dealings, putting him out of business.

April 27, 1715: The Sparrow family moves to Ireland, without Captain Jack. Jenny is kidnapped by Mistress Ching's pirates, who are working for the EIC. Eventually she gets bored of being a captive not doing anything and starts learning how to work aboard the ship.

May 1715: Young Jack sets out for Tortuga to look for his mother. Meanwhile, a Company man attempts to rape Jenny aboard Ching Shih's ship. When she bites out a chunk of his face in her escape he tries to bring her up on charges not knowing that rape is punishable by death in this fleet. Though she's offered the honor of killing her would-be rapist herself, she hands the distinction off to her friend Bohai.

Late June 1715: Captain Jack returns home to find his family moved and his wife and eldest son gone. He sets out to find them.

July 1715: Young Jack arrives in Tortuga, posing as his father. Scarlet and Giselle help him do a better Captain Jack impersonation. He sets off for Port-au-Prince on a suggestion from Scarlet and Giselle in order to get enough money to raise a crew. There he meets Sister Angelica, daughter of Blackbeard, a day away from being forced to take her vows. They stow away together aboard a government ship heading for France.
Meanwhile the captain of the ship Jenny's on dies in battle. She's gained the crew's respect and is elected captain, which is then enforced by her new first mate Bohai.

August 1715: Young Jack, feeling guilty about sleeping with Angelica out of wedlock, proposes and talks her into marriage. Captain Jack and Blackbeard both catch up with them and they're forced to split up, agreeing to meet at Angelica's mother's home in Spain. Captain Jack takes his son to find Jenny, who happens to be in the South China Sea.
In the South China Sea Mistress Ching Shih has boarded Jenny's ship. Ching Shih takes advantage of Jenny being drunk and horny and although the two don't have sex they do share intimacy. Jenny feels guilty about this for betraying both her husband and God, but continues to feel attracted to the pirate queen.

September 1715: Captain Jack's ship the Esmerelda is captured. Much to his surprise he finds Red Jenny--his wife--captaining the enemy pirate ship. Captain and Young Jack both work as regular crew while waiting for Ching Shih to meet them to honor her deal with Jenny that when her husband found her she could go home. While waiting, Jack and Jenny start trying to repair their marriage and Jack swears his pirating days are over, cutting his hair and becoming John again.

October 1715: Both Jacks and Jenny finally return home. Three days later Anne dies. She's buried a few days before her baby brother's second birthday on a day far to sunny and cheerful for Jenny's approval.

September 1755: With a warrant out for his arrest and soldiers on the way, Jack and Jenny flee their Hag's Head home. On September 12, 1757 Johnathan and Jennifer Sparrow jump from the Cliffs of Moher to their deaths. Their bodies are never recovered.

September 4, 1781: Jack and Jenny are at the Battle of the Chesapeake.

Winter, 1850: While visiting Pavlovskaya, Russkaya Amerika (later known as Alaska), Jenny suggests an open marriage as a way of rekindling the spark in their relationship.

1871 (Unknown): Jack and Jenny are in Algeciras, Spain.

January 22, 1890: Samantha Margaret Cavendish is born in Texas.

1909 (Unknown): Jack and Jenny are on the island of Santorini, in Greece.

April 14, 1912: Jack and Jenny are aboard the Titanic, to shepherd the souls of the drowned sailors to their final rest.

1912: Sam Cavendish meets Jackie Tsidiiligai Sparrow, after being ambushed and left for dead.

1918 (Unknown): Jack and Jenny visit Paris.

1975 (Unknonw): Jenny is raped by a priest in Galway, Ireland while struggling with a crisis of faith brought on by a previous rape. She does not tell Jack what happened.

Hey, comgrats on 1900 posts. Because that is what we are doing now, right? ;)

September 1755: With a warrant out for his arrest and soldiers on the way, Jack and Jenny flee their Hag's Head home. On September 12, 1757 Johnathan and Jennifer Sparrow jump from the Cliffs of Moher to their deaths. Their bodies are never recovered.

Forgot to add that into our timeline. ;)

xanaphia said:
Hey, comgrats on 1900 posts. Because that is what we are doing now, right? ;)

I believe we are, yes. :)

Oh, and I added in a few more dates to the timeline.

I am beginning to form the opinion that, no matter how many participants are in an orgy scene, you should avoid trying to write more than two POV characters.

Just got back from watching Logan. Here's my spoiler-free review:

It was goddamn good. Go watch it. Now.

The main characters of Ascent into Heaven, Descent into Hell

RADHARC REALTA, UPON FAIRTHEORA
Verrier (current favored human forms. The Godslayer.
Hrothgar, former slave and now Seneschal of the mountain.
Helda, Hrothgar’s wife an Astrid’s Mother.
Astrid Helgasdottor, Clara's 17-year-old cousin.
Lita, a three-year-old.
Akhimin, Lord of Justice. Dead, his skull displayed in Verrier's hoard.
Malovar the Balancer. Dead, his skull displayed in Verrier's hoard.
Verdan Forest Lord. Dead, his skull displayed in Verrier's hoard.
Thandes, Lord of Destruction. Dead, his skull displayed in Verrier's hoard.

MONSFORD
Clara Olgasdottor, a Paladin, the Avatar of Afodisia, and an unwilling Dragon.
Thora, a Priestess of Afodisia.
Susanna, a Paladin.
Willam, a Paladin.
Sigurd, still not a Paladin.

REEVE'S BLUFF
Furtan, would-be reformed demon, lord of the city.
Zamira, possibly a Priestess of Afodisia.

THE YOUNG PALADINS
Anja, daughter of Susan and Sigurd.
Rynne, daughter of Willam (mother not yet revealed).
Svalis, son of Thora and Sigurd.
Mykel, son of Aurianna and Matthias. Liliana's brother.
Liliana, daughter of Aurianna and Matthias. Mykel's sister.
Eva, daughter of Cassie and Justine.

THE GODS
Afodisia, Goddess of Love, War, and Healing
Ilisia, Goddess of Dream, Memory, and Home (sister-daughter of Afodisia)
Moressa, Goddess of Death and Judge of the Dead (widow of Thandes)
Edana, Goddess of Pleasure. Afodisia's sister.

THE PRIMORDIAL DRAGONS
Uragan the Howler
Sotryaseniye Earthshaker
Unichtozhitvolna
Ogontantsor
Moroz
Yavost'cherev, the Demon-Dragon (killed by Verrier, Aurianna, and Clara)

Scenes from the Meridian Society Players production of Walt Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", starring:

Sam Cavendish as Belle.
Erik Schmidt as the Beast.
Professor Algernon Swift as Cogsworth.
Captain Colin Drake as Lumiere.
Madame Anne Marie LaMonte as Mrs. Potts.
Captain Kieran Shane as Chip.

Kieran: Sorry I missed the first night of practice, everyone. But if a late night. Who'm I playing?

Erik: [pounds on Sam's door yelling] I thought I told you to come down to dinner!
Sam: Ah ain't hungry!
Erik: [yelling to Sam] You'll come out, or I'll-I'll-I'll break down the door!
Sam: Y'all jes' try, an' Ah'll gut shoot yeh!
Colin: Master, I could be wrong, but that might not be the best way to win the girl's affections.
Professor Swift: Please. Attempt to be a gentlemen.
Erik: But, she's being so difficult!
Madame LaMonte: Gently. Gently.
Erik: [calmly] Will you come down to dinner?
Sam: Go ta hell!
Erik: [points at door] Hmm?
Professor Swift: Ah-ah-ah, suave, genteel.
Erik: [suavely] It would give me great pleasure
[tries to hold in his anger]
Erik: If you would join me for dinner.
Professor Swift: [clears throat and mutters] We say please.
Erik: Please?
Sam: Fuck off an' die!
Erik: [yells] You can't stay in there forever!
Sam: [yells]. Watch me!
Erik: [yells] Fine! Then go ahead and *starve!* If she doesn't eat with me, then she doesn't eat at all!
[storms down through the hallway and slams the door behind him]
Madame LaMonte: Oh dear. That didn't go very well at all, did it?
Kieran: I still can't believe you all cast me as the *kid*.

Erik: [upon catching Sam in the forbidden west wing] Why did you come here?
Sam: Ah was bored, an' Ah got all curious.
Erik: I warned you never to come here.
Sam: Y'all said Ah couldn't eat, neither, an' look how well *that* went!
Erik: [yells] Do you realize what you could have done?
[throws a table]
Sam: Ain't got no fuckin' clue, ' cause y'all ain't done nuthin but *shout*!
[throws a chair]
Erik: Get out!
Sam: [gets up on Erik's face]. No!
Erik: Get out!

Kieran: I don't care *what* role you lot cast me in, I'm not sleeping in the cupboard!

[Sam is washing Erik's wounds]
Erik: [roars] That hurts!
Sam: If'n y'all' stop squirmin', it wouldn't hurt so damn much!
Erik: Well, if you hadn't have run away, this wouldn't have happened!
Sam: An if'n y'all hadn't thrown a goddamn *bookcase* at me, mebbe Ah wouldn't have run!
[Sam folds her arms in anger]
Erik: [pause] Well you shouldn't have been in the West Wing!!
Sam: Yeah? Well, you got th' manners o' a rabid coyote!
[pause]
Sam: [Erik's servants glare at him in agreement] Now, hold yer tater, 'cause this'll smart.
[presses cloth to wound; the beast growls in pain]
Sam: Oh, an... we'll, thank you. Fer savin' mah life.
Erik: [stops growling] You're welcome.

[Gaston and Erik are battling on the tower]
Gaston: It's over, Beast! Sam is mine!
[A gunshot is heard. Gaston sags, clutching his gut.]
Sam: Like hell Ah am. Now, get away from mah man!
Gaston: Let me go! Let me go, please! Don't hurt me! I'll do anything! Anything!
Sam: [pause] Done used yer last chance when Ah didn't shoot yeh fer lockin' mah Pa up. An' y'think Ah'll let y'all go now?
[Sam cocks her revolver and shoots Gaston. His corpse tumbles from the roof. She grabs Erik by the lapels and kisses him.]
Sam: Now Ah'm gonna make *sure* yer curse gets broken. A couple o' times. [pause] Git yer pants off.

Sam: ¿Se ha ido?
Oh, ¿te imaginas?
Me pidió que se casara con él
Yo, la esposa de que grosero, descerebrado

¿Madame Gaston, no sólo ves?
Madame Gaston, su esposa poco, ugh.
No Señor, yo no, te lo garantizo
Quiero mucho más que esta vida provincial

Quiero aventura en la gran ancho en algún lugar
Lo quiero más que puedo decir
Y por una vez sería magnífico que alguien entienda
Quiero mucho más de lo que han conseguido previstos

Kieran: Bloody kid. Bloody "Chip". Where's the rum, damnit? No way I can do this *sober*.

For the next scene in The Longest Night, we have two attractive bisexual women sitting and drinking by themselves. What will they do?

What's that, you say? Eat cake (not a euphamism) and bitch about their in-laws (also not a euphanism)?

You are correct!

yeah that never would fly in one of our rps.

What, they are relationships with other people? So? They can watch. XP.

Eat ALL THE CAKE! Drink ALL THE WINE!!

For the record, and also because I realized I have a lot of bisexual female characters, Anne Marie is more what you'd call "heteroflexible." She can see the beauty in women and doesn't object to having sex with them, but left on her own she doesn't seek them out and certainly isn't romantically attracted to them. Perks of the job. ^.^

Huh. I'd just sort of assumed she was bi. Which got me thinking about my various characters and their sexuality. So here tgey are on the Kinsey scale:

ONLY RULES THAT MATTER
jack Sparrow: Kinsey 0, shading towards a 1 after death. (I'm assuming he had an experience or two, possibly to give Jenny a thrill. He didn't hate them, but they're not his thing.)

TALES OF THE MERIDIAN SOCIETY
Algernon Swift: Kinsey 0.
Colin Drake: Kinsey 4 (predominatly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual).
Samantha Cavendish: Kinsey 4, but she happened to fall in love with a man. (Unchanged in Legacy, except that she's fallen for a woman there...)

STAR WARS: ECLIPSE
Quentin Hall: Kinsey 0, probably.
Sheila Golb: Kinsey Z. Which is a 3, only without regards to species either.)
Linora Sunfell: Kinsey 3, probably.

HIS REDEMPTION
Matthias: Kinsey 1, I think. Probably more like 3 when he served Lust.
Clara: Kinsey 3.
Sue: Kinsey 5.
Sigurd: Kinsey 0.
Willam: Not sure. 2 or 3, probably.

All of which says a lot about my own tastes, I think.

Huh. I'd never heard of the Kinsey Scale. I had a theory somewhat like it in high school, so nice to see I was right. ^.^ Is there such a thing as 1.5? Because Anne Marie falls somewhere between 1 and 2, I think, and I can't figure whether Kieran is a 5 or a 6, given how long he denied his sexuality. Erik definitely a 0 though. Jenny a 1, then shooting up to 3 after death, sliding up and down the scale dependent on her state of mind as her soul just sorta...loses it, trapped inside her body. >.>

I pretty much default to 3 unless I am writing a lesbian, in which case I go 5 or 6. I don't write straight female characters, just characters for whom the subject never comes up.

First off, I've got just a hair over two weeks until a certification test I'm taking for work. As a result, posts may be slower than usual until after June 10.

Next, I have this obsessive urge to try to connect all of my threads in some fashion. This has led me to the amusing conclusion that A New Dawn is the version of Star Wars filmed in 1977 by George Lucas (albeit with more smut than made it to the aceeen), and that Eclipse is the prequel trilogy. Which leads me to wonder who might have been cast to play Mara Jade Voss-Hall in the Original Trilogy.

This is the ridiculous kind of thought I have when distracting myself from study.

Geena Davis. She didn't break into Hollywood until 1982, but she is the same age as Carrie Fisher, so it could work. You're welcome. ;)

MV5BMTExNjQwNTM5MzNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDgxNDUzODAy._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1574,1000_AL_.jpg

Now get back to studying.

I just saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean, and now I'm trying to fit it into the canon of "Only Rules". I'll spoiler tag my musings, just in case.

This movie is a perfect example, in the ORTM universe, of how Jack's adventures conflate with those of his descendants over time. Because not everything that happens fits in with the original Jack's life.

The backstory about where his compass came from fits in pretty well, albeit with a few subtle modifications (since we never showed where it came from in the story). The events would have come from his first voyage as a pirate, in an adventure he never cared to talk about at home.

Much of the movie, though, must have been his son's story. We already assumed that POTC 4 was Jack Jr., and this one takes place 5 years later. Jack Jr. is a good 15 years older than Henry Turner, making him around 35 years old. If we assume that he inherited the compass from his retired father (who's finally found his heart's desire) and that his marriage to Angelica Teach is on the rocks by now, it makes things work. (Salazar clearly doesn't care if he kills the 'right' Jack, and Jack Jr. is utterly bluffing his way through having any clue who the dead man is.)

The movie also doesn't change ORTM's assumption that Will Turner is still captain of the Flying Dutchman and ferryman of the dead. His son just removed Davy Jones' curse from the ship, is all. (Side thought: is Elizabeth sailing with him in Afterlife? If so, that allows them to serve as an interesting parallel to the Sparrows.)

Finally, descendants of the Turner-Barbossa line should make an appearance, from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom