Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Frails Request (Subject Tai ~ Little Kitten)

Subject Tai

That Green Haired Bitch
Banished
342 AS (After sisters)
Leaf 1st (Autumn)
Clock: 12:00 (Day)

Nono sat down at the small diner, rather deserted and for good reason too; it was incredibly expensive. Known to be a resting joint for diplomatic relatives, not many came due to the fact that not even one percent of the population identified as a diplomatic relative. Those who did had a clan of some sort of reputation, that or incredibly unpopular due to not having a clan to represent themselves and the nation they wanted to represent with. She sipped her coffee poured into a solid container of an odd material that looked to be some sort of stone. Though it held the properties of a coffee mug.

Nono represented Freelang and like many of those native to the lands of Freelang, had a rather amusing name. Nono Aloha Kaua was her name, not as strange as some of those living in Freelang nonetheless it was always joked around with. Just as everybody else dressed, Nono was dressed in her incredibly extensive winter wear that caked on layers and layers of protection from the harsh colds outside of Frail. The cold averaged negatives everyday, blizzards lasted hours upon hours. Even at times, forty eight hours a day lasted a blizzard on a harsh day. Today though, was quite lenient for the vacation Nono was about to take. Her replacement was sent to this very establishment to meet up with Nono. Nono had a deep blue and deep purple for hair, it stretched down and into the blue hooded uniform she wore, which was known as a Spira.

A spira was essentially a uniform a warrior wore that represented the spirit; this uniform was worn over and over, constantly. Taken care of a spira was like taking care of the spirit, washing it, cleaning it- her own seemed to be in perfect condition. She had multiples of the same uniform matter of fact. Rugged and outlined in white like fur, it was meant for these harsh winters. Nono was well known throughout the continent of Clymer too, and so, her Spira was also well known. She wondered if the person coming knew of her, because Nono had never knew of the person coming today.

Looking around, Nono took the environment in. A small bar she sat at, half a circle that went into the wall and behind was the bartender washing cups with a rag, lazily with his back turned to Nono. On the left side of the bar, the side Nono sat at, was the exit door which led into the rather small place. On the right side was a large rug of fur followed by a fireplace and many hunting accomplishments plastered all about the wall. Strange animals and even fish, a large fish matter of fact was strung just above the ceiling. It was a wicked fish with fangs jerking out of it’s mouth and scales that looked to be quite threatening. Black and white the fish was, Nono stared at it in observation. Then glancing behind her at the door where a window could be seen, looking out in awe of what Frail was.

The capital of Freelang, it snowed everyday no matter the day. Though trillions of people walked about the streets, even horses pulling at merchandise and the like. Outside this window could be seen massive wooden buildings, absolutely packed to the brim of snow that was forcefully pushed into the wood and stacked on top. Obviously incredibly cold outside, it was a wonder why a person might want to live in Frail. The trillions of people that traveled the streets, swarming left, right, no particular correlation made it hard to travel the streets. Luckily, the traffic was a constant and thus, the snow that dropped every day never cluttered the path of people walking.

Waiting . . .

15972716912_235ea488fb_q.jpg

Soteria enters the diner and glances around. She's been summoned here for unknown reasons and it annoys her. She should be home, hunting and protecting her clan. Her cat ears flick in annoyance as she walks towards the only other guest. Soteria doesn't like the cities, their loud and crowded. She prefers the solitude of the forest.

Her head inclines respectfully as she sits across from her. "Greetings" Soteria smiles politely, benignly, as a waitress brings her a warm beverage. She sips it and waits.

She's dressed in sensible traveling leathers, warm and well used. She doesn't look the type who should be here. "I've been told to meet a certain Nono Aloha Kaura here."

One hand signals the waitress, calling her over so Soteria can order food. She, again, smiles politely, at the waitresses skeptical look. In response, she sets a few gold coins on the table. Her clan may be reclusive and isolated but they are rich. Business savy and decades of work has seen to that. Though, Soteria can't bring herself to wear useless finery. Everything she owns has a use and she'll repair it before replacing.

"I am known as Soteria Verna An-Saor. I've been called here and I'd like to know why. The message was...vague." She leans back, one hand rubbing her neck as she waits for an answer. The message had told her that her tracking skills would be needed, along with her magic. So, she can only guess she's been summoned to partner with the person before her. But why? What use is a slightly reclusive ranger?

Nono looked at Soteria and what she wore, taking in her appearance, eye color, how tall she was- hell she might as well have brought a notebook with as much time she spent looking at Soteria. Nono grinned and quickly changed the grin back into a smile as she nodded her head in response. "Greetings. That would be me, and vague with good reason. Pleasure to meet you and apologies for the rather vague message. I do hope that you are having a good time in Frail, it is foreigners paradise afterall. At least those willing to ignore the weather . . ." Nono chuckled, she found something to be quite humorous but didn't bother to explain.

"Your services have been requested due to the fact that you are considered to be a Yang warrior, at least this is what I have been informed. I have also been told that you possess capabilities fit for the job, or at least you are beyond elite in the art of combat. I will be taking my leave from Freelang for some time for business, and so, my duties will require a replacement. One of my duties is maintaining a privileged slave . . . she can be rather troublesome." Nono said, looking to Soteria in observation of her facial expression. Turning in her chair while she spoke and leaning up against the bar table, looking at her with interest in her eyes.

There were three forms of slavery in the world, because of the fact that Soteria was an ackidna, she must have been quite knowledgeable about the fact as a large portion of the ackidna population, which was over populated compared to other species, held a massive chunk of the slave population. Privileged slavery, enforced slavery and forced slavery. Forced slavery was forbidden throughout the world, excepting only the worst parts of the world. it was where slaves had no rights, and absolutely treated as objects. However, Nono was about to explain a hybrid slave concerning enforced and privileged slavery.

"Kui is her name, That is all she calls herself . . . . Kui desires to become an instructor again, at the academy of Frail this time. In the past, she was an academic instructor at the GreenPatch acacdemy of Terrestria. She was good, however she was involved in several terrorist attacks that leave her more than open to questionable judgement. Although she has proven that she has lessoned the incidents tragedy . . . it has been an international decision enslave Kui under supervision of the state. That is the very gist of things . . . and payment will be well." Nono promised as she reached into the compartment of her uniform to slide an envelope over to Soteria. Inside, if Soteria had decided to open it would have been a check with Pura's seal of approval. It shown that it was worth about one hundred thousand gold bits, or gold coins. Basically a million dollars, which was bonkers level of payment. So much in fact that perhaps Soteria's jaw might have dropped to the floor, perhaps so.

Soteria's ears flick in annoyance at the silent study. One shoulder shrugs at her assessment of her abilities. "A slave? and if I refuse? I'm sure you can guess my opinion of that practice" She sighs softly and shakes her head. "What incident was she involved in and what exactly was her involvement?"
One claw extends to cut open the envelope. Her eye brow raises at the amount but she slides it into her bag. "now, for that to be the payment...there's a catch. What aren't you telling me?"

Back
Top Bottom