Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Name of the King (Cold Chaos X *~CoraJayne~*)

"Hm, I didn't expect manners from a prisoner." The mage laughed, as he stood on the step to join her. The stone slab glowed with a soothing shade of teal. With great speed, the single step flew up the tower. It followed the spiral pattern one would expect from a lofty tower. With no windows to view the outside world, the climb up seemed to take forever. Even before the half way point, it would be easy to fall and die. Still, the step continued to levitate, until it reached the top of the home.

After such a long climb up a cramped tower, the room up top was a giant, circular living quarter. To the north was a stairway, leading further up the tower. The cracks of the door at the top reveal a luxurious purple bed, no doubt this was the master's chambers. A single maid, with bright pink hair, greeted the pair. She bowed with a solemn stare. "Welcome home, master." She muttered in a monotone voice.

The warrior stood perfectly still as the step made it's way up the tower, moving far faster than she would have liked it too. She also would have preferred a handle, but she was doing her best to stay on. For a few moments she thought about jumping, but that was the cowardly way out. Therese stared at the woman. She almost felt bad for the girl.

"Breakfast has been prepared for you and the lady. Shall I pleasure you as you eat, sir." The girl directed the duo to a lovely dinning area to the side of the tower. Windows were placed next to the table, giving a gorgeous view of the kingdom through the clouds. Two plates of scrambled eggs and toast waited for it's owner. Even from here the scent was exquisite. "That won't be needed, Anastasia. I'll be working with Therese for awhile, so you can take the day off." The maid bowed again, darting off for a small door behind the stairs they came from. "Come, we can discuss what you'll be doing as we eat." The wizard nudged his new prize to the table.

Therese took a deep breath as she smelled the food. It smelled amazing, and the woman hadn't been fed in days. She was built to last a long time without food, but that time was quickly running out. She nodded to the man and sat down across from him.

Back
Top Bottom