Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escaping the Siege (BurningWillows & Rskde)

She enjoys the compliments, but moreso she wants to enjoy his body. With a flourish she tosses him on the bed, pouncing after him. They spend the night enjoying each other until the sun is rising and they must sneak back, sated and full. They use the back balcony again, Kaia helping Nathan up before jumping up herself, the two sneaking in and parting ways before anyone found them. Kaia hunted down her sleeping djinn, settling in beside her as she slept, closing her eyes and getting a little sleep.

The night with Kaia had been amazing and he had wished it would have never ended. He slips to a small corner of the office and falls asleep. In the morning the sounds of tanks and helicopters passing town hall keeps them inside, though they are never bothered by the enemy, so they stay inside and keeps their head down.

Connor finds Nahla and sits down next to her. "Hey, sorry about yesterday, I was.. Stupid, wasn't thinking." He says to her. "Just wanted to apologize." He says to her.

When the group rises after a few hours the sounds of tanks rolling through kept them from heading out. It was another unfortunate set back, but one that was neccesary to protect those who could not protect themselves. Kaia and Nahla stuck to each other as the day wore on, chatting with those who came up. When Conner appeared Nahla nodded to Kaia who took it as a dismissal and got up.

"Be back in ten with some food," she exclaimed, passing by Connor for the stairs. Nahla waited till he sat and spoke to nod, "thank you for apologizing. It's alright. Your team all seems awkward around women. Perhaps you've all been out on the field too long."

She giggled at her own joke, smiling, "I wouldn't be surprised if most of you were virgins. Please don't answer that, it's none of my business."

Connor raises his eyebrows at her. "Yeah we've been away from home for.. Nine months." He says while sitting back against the wall. "I was never much of a ladies man, Nathan has that going for him, Kaleb used to be the same way before he went all hardass." He says with a chuckle.

"None of us are virgins, sorry, had to answer it." He says with a laugh, running a hand over his head. "So you have any plans for today? I know you're a very busy woman." He says jokingly. "Turns out I found a very nice place to eat, very expensive, wanna go?" He asks with the raise of his eyebrows.

Nine months. That's a long time to be away from home. Nahla listened but didn't say anything, knowing it wasn't her place to judge.

"Didn't want to know but okay," she murmured, then shrugged, "Me and Kaia are spending the day. She wants to do some practise before we leave. Are we going to walk tonight? Everyone's been sleeping all day, should we do an all nighter?"

Kaia reappeared with a couple bags of chips and two bottles of water Nahla pointing it out, "And there's my lunch. Sorry Conner, Kaia beat yeah to the oh so delicious five star meal."

"Five stars?" Kaia laughed, "This is six stars baby. Doritos and water. Food for a queen."

"Like I'm a queen," Nahla rolled her eyes, taking the food.

"Your my queen," Kaia flirted, kissing her cheek and then sitting down, "Sorry Connor, I didn't grab for three, wasn't sure if you were hungry. What are you two chatting about?"

"Virginty it seems," Nahla joked and Kaia spluttered.

"Hopefully not yours baby," she teased, "That's long and gone. As if mine...if I ever had one. Can't remember it anymore."

Connor shakes his head. "Walking at night is too dangerous, honestly if we were all trained in combat we wouldn't even stop for storms, we don't want any of those kids wandering off in night, we won't be able to find them, plus the enemy has heat and night vision scopes, we'd be dead before dawn." He says.

He looks up at Kaia as she comes in, giving her a nod as she talks about food. "That's okay, I was about to go eat." He says with a smile before standing and nodding to the two. "I'll leave you to it." He says before scooping up his helmet and walking off.

Nahla nods to him, agreeing, "Yeah, your right there. The children are a priority."

As he leaves she turns to Kaia who gives her a smirk, "Have we got a new toy for my jinn?"

Rolling her eyes she shook her head and took the food, "No shaytan, I don't take toys like you do. He's cute, and he seems interesting. But he's also awkward."

"Eh, give the kid a break, what was it he said...nine months out here?"

"So you were eavesdropping?"

"Always am with you baby. Just protecting what's mine. But you know I'll share. Just careful with these ones. They're all battle harden and quick to draw weapons or start a fight. Don't get hurt Nahla."

"Same goes for you Kaia."

"I can't hurt," she teased, drinking her water, "But to make you feel good I will, alright?"

She nodded, eating the snacks brought to her while thinking about how much further they had to go.

Stevey stands on the roof, watching the streets below as they move, tanks slowly crawling up the street. He ducks down whenever he thinks someone might be seeing him. He sighs quietly as he thinks, running his fingers through his hair as he watches the streets.

He thinks to himself about Nahla and Kaia, how he had seen Nathan and Kaia go off, it made him feel.. Jealous, that was the word to describe it. The idea that his team mates are getting more action than him.. He even knows that Nathan has a girlfriend though he would never use that against him.

As the day becomes night and the night wears on, only some can sleep, while others listen to the sounds of the army moving outside. It was obvious they weren't just looking for a handful of supernaturals. They were bringing war to America, or at least planning for it. There was no other reason for all the tanks ans soldiers.

By morning the street was clear, but their original route to get out of the city was scraped. They had been heading south, and so had the Canadian army. Following that route would only lead to death. Instead they planned to head East, knowing it would take a day or two longer, but they'd be safe. And yet again as they left they got into formation, now on a higher alert than before, worried a squadron would find them at any moment. Kaia kept to Nathan's side as before, her powers at her fingertips while Nahla did much the same, but walked on the opposite side of the group with Connor.

img-thing

Connor keeps his eyes to the road as they walk, thinking to himself quietly, he and Nahla were far enough away to have a private conversation though he doesn't have any idea on what he would want to say to her. He had talked to Stevey earlier about it, the sniper had warned him not to touch her so he already has that going in. "Hey, Nahla." He says while looking up at her, watching her for a moment or two.

"I was just wondering, we never got to have that dinner together, so do you want to do that tonight when we get to our next place? That way I can steal you away before Kaia does." He says with a laugh. "I promise I won't even touch you until you tell me I can, I'm gonna keep attempting to.. Romance you." He says with the shake of his head. "But give me a break, haven't done it for a couple of years." He admits.

They had been walking quietly for a while. The group had fanned out a bit, private conversations picking up out of earshot. Nahla knew no matter what Kaia would always stay out of earshot, so when Connor suddenly spoke up she blushed and smiled, knowing her shaytan was listening in.

"Romance me?" she squeaked out with a giggle, but she couldn't help herself. He was intriguing, and polite, "Alright Connor, I'll agree to dinner. I hope it'll be yummy. And don't worry about Kaia, she already knows."

"Hurt her and I hurt you," was all they heard yelled out through the street from the opposite side, Kaia making it apparent she was eavesdropping.

img-thing

"Yeah, I'll.. I'll try to get something good." He says while thinking to himself. "It might end up being MRE's." He says with a laugh. "But if we hunker down in a restaurant with a food supply then I'll make you food." He says with a chuckle.

He looks back at Kaia as she shouts, giving her a thumbs up as if agreeing. "You know I'd never hurt such a lovely lady." He says with a smile, knowing that the demoness was listening in.

"But you know, cut me a little slack, like I said, nine months since I've been home." Connor says while rubbing the chain of his dog tags between his fingertips. "I'll try my best though." He says with a smile.

The rest of the day flies by pretty quickly, soon enough the sun is setting and the group is settling down in a hotel. Connor personally walks around, picking up some things for his dinner with Nahla and holding them in his hands as he walks up to the roof, starting a tiny fire and cooking some hot dogs over the flames, putting them on to buns before placing one on two plates he had found.

The hotel bar had also proved to be worth looking into, he had found a bottle of red wine that he now pours into two glasses for them, he had set up a little picnic area with a tarp over it so they had some privacy, now alls he had to do was wait for Nahla to show up, as he had told her to meet him on the roof in twenty minutes, which ended now.

Kaia had picked on Nahla relentlessly once the boy was out of earshot. Typical demoness. After listening to her jokes and snickers for fifteen minutes Nahla kissed her shaytan and told her to stop being so jealous.

"I ain't jealous," Kaia scoffed, "At the end of the decade, your still mine."

"True," she winked, "Well I should probably go to the roof. How about you go enjoy...you know who."

"Maybe I will," Kaia laughed, bumping her hip into Nahla's, "Be careful babe. If he hurts you, I'll break his pretty neck."

Nahla grimaced, knowing even though it was a light and happy tone, the demon wasn't lying. She could switch from happy to angry in an instant, and anyone who pissed her off was as good as dead. Leaving, she made her way up to the roof, having changed into fresh clothes courtesy of a little magic from the witches. Now she wore black leggings, boots, and a white tank top with a logo on it. It was simple but cute.

"Hey," she waved, nearing him and finding a seat beside him, "Wine and...hot dogs? Ha ha, dinner for the gods."

img-thing

Connor smiles and waves at her as she walks over. "Yeah, but they're freshly cooked wood smoked hot dogs." He says to her. "And of course the wine was just sitting around, begging to be opened." He says with a smile.

"You look amazing, where did you find those clothes?" He asks, he was still wearing a t-shirt and jeans, which was the standard uniform under their armor for the group. "I look like shit." He says with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head as he looks down at his clothing.

Nahla just grinned and winked at him, mumbling something under her breath as she took a glass of wine. Suddenly Conner's clothes were clean and fresh, smelling faintly of cologne and fitting him perfectly. Her smile only grew as she looked him over, then sipped at her wine.

"Well I think you look handsome," she commented, waiting for him to look down, "You definitely clean up well for a man stuck in uniform almost 24/7."

img-thing

Connor raises his eyebrows as she says he looks handsome, not noticing the change of clothes at first until he starts to smell the faint smell of cologne. He looks down to confirm its coming from him, he then notices how clean his clothes look.

"Wow, I didn't know you had the power to make me actually look attractive." He says with a chuckle. "One day I'll figure out what you are.. But today is not that day, so for now.. Enjoy me while I'm actually looking proper." He says with a smile, taking a small sip of his wine. "But seriously, you look beautiful." He says to her.

Nahla laughed, genuine and pure, "What I am is indeed a mystery to most. And I like it that way. But perhaps one day you will know. Perhaps."

She picked up the plate and bit into the hot dog, staring at the flames, "I assume the hotel has already been ransacked of food, so this was all that was left. Would you mind if I...added to our meal?"

img-thing

Connor smiles when she laughs. "Any chance to get to know you better would be phenomenal." He says with a dazzling smile before sitting back.

"Yeah, the hotel was probably raided when the order to pack up and go came in." He says while watching her. "I don't think I'd mind if you added to it.. Though I must admit I don't know what you mean." He says with a chuckle. "What do you mean?" He asks.

Nahla smiled and winked at him, close your eyes and you will see. She waited till he did, and then placed her hands over either of their plates, letting them hover only a few inches before them. Closing her eyes, her mumbles started up again, too low to understand. After a minute she laughed.

"Open your eyes now!" she smiled, waiting for him to, "Tada!"

Each of their plates were filled with food. Bread, cheese, fruits and meats galore.

Connor closes his eyes when she tells him to, he listens to her mumblings as he sits there and waits, swaying side to side slightly. When she tells him to open his eyes he does so, looking at their plates and laughing.

"Wow, you've really outdone yourself.." He says while looking at the food. "Better than I could of done." He says with a laugh. "I guess we just dig in."

He looks over at her with a questioning look. "Nahla, if you don't mind me asking, why don't you let others touch you?" He asks. "Just wondering, figured I'd know just in case." He explains.

Her grin grew, glad he was happy over the food she had chosen. As they picked up their plates to eat Connor asked her a heavy handed question, catching her mid bite into a piece of watermelon. Swallowing her mouthful she set the food down, her face solemn.

"I guess if we are all stuck together until we reach the end of the city you should know why I enjoy my space," she muttered, the smile leaving her face. It wasn't that it made her sad, it was just such a serious topic, "A part of my powers allows me to see into others minds when they touch me. I don't see your thoughts. I see your pasts and your possible futures. Your hopes and dreams. Everything unfolds for me so quickly and suddenly I often get migraines. The first time I touch people is the worst. After that its a little easier, but it never goes away. So I prefer my space. The supernaturals downstairs I have all touched and helped. I know their pain, their hopes. Its why I protect them so strongly. Those children have so much they want, I don't want to see those little fires burn out."

"People have abused my powers before," she explained further, "There has been those who would touch me purposely and force me to tell them what I see. There are those who refuse to listen to my simple request of space, and touch me. Kaia has slaughtered them all with malice. My shaytan is very protective of me, I will warn you now. Don't worry Connor, she knows we are up here and she trusts me to stand up for myself. But if you were to touch me without permission and force yourself on me, then there will be a demon waiting for you downstairs, with the intent to snap your neck. She almost went after Stevey the other day because he...he..."

She looked down again to her lap, "He didn't know, or he wasn't thinking. Either way he backed off immediately so I told Kaia to do the same. Just let it be. And I'll ask you to do it too please. Don't touch me. It's too much."

Connor nods, giving her a smile. "I understand, I won't touch you without permission." He says to her. "Sorry for dropping a serious topic, I just wanna know more about you." He asks with a shrug while watching her. "Kaia knows I wouldn't do anything like that, right?" He asks with a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of his neck as he speaks.

He goes back to eating, enjoying the food she had somehow made here. "Damn, I should hang out with you more often." He says with a laugh. "I hope it's been good so far, I've tried the whole romance thing but I dunno if it's working considering my skill with it." He says with the shake of his head. "I'm also nervous as hell, I don't wanna fuck up, y'know?" He says before taking a sip of his wine.

"Thank you," she replied back curtly, popping a grape into her mouth, "And it's alright. Better you ask then make a mistake."

They ate in silence for a few minutes before Connor spoke up again, catching her gaze. She smiled at his compliment, knowing the food tasted great. And filling. "Stop panicking, and things will go fine, fates permitting. Spending your time mulling over it when you could talk to me will help no one."

Connor gives her a nod. "Okay, thanks." He says, finishing up the food on his plate. "So.. What else did you want to do tonight? I mean, we could just end it on dinner if you want." He says to her while looking over at her. "We both already know about each other, I'm not really sure what other questions there are to ask." He admits with a shrug.

Still not through her food, she looked up, plopping a grape in her mouth.

"Oh I'm sure there is more to talk about. Why don't you tell me more about your time in the military."

Back
Top Bottom