Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escaping the Siege (BurningWillows & Rskde)

He jumps a little when she snaps at him, watching her eyes close for a few moments, the image of them glowing seared into his brain. Then she's standing and tossing the binoculars on to his lap. He nods. "Sorry Nahla!" He calls back to her as she leaves. He leans back with his rifle, digging quietly, how was he meant to know?

~

Nathan stands outside under the shelter of a small overpass over the main gym doors. In his left hand sits a cigarette, he had discovered that smoking seemed to quench his desires for Kaia's blood, so that much was easy for him. He looks back at the door, seeing Kaia storming down from the roof.

He gives her a wave before going hack to his smoke, sighing softly which allows the smoke to waft from the small opening of his mouth. He holds his other hand out to catch some rain on his palm. "What have I gotten myself into.." He says with a sigh, grabbing his phone from his pocket and turning it on, about fifty messages from his girlfriend had been sent over the last day or two, he hadn't had the heart to respond to them, but Kaia had told him to keep Peyton, which still had him confused.

He wonders to himself also why he couldn't be with Kaia like she was with Nahla, would be never be loved by the demon who has him wrapped around her finger? Was he simply a toy to be played with? These questions pound against his skull, making him hold a hand up to his head. This must be Nahla's reminder again, the thoughts she had shown him are still stuck in his mind.

She had heard his apology as she stepped through the door and paused, looking back at him. Then she shook her head, stepping in further.

"I asked you the first night not to be touched," she muttered, "I told all four of you, and yet here you are not listening."

Shaking her head again she let the door closed and proceeded back down, moving into the gym. With her headache all she wanted was sleep, so she found her sleeping bag and curled up in a corner, intent on taking a rest for a few hours.

~

Kaia had seen Nathan smoking, but she didn't want to speak to him, if only because of her fowl mood. Intsead she wandered the building aimlessly, going in circles until she saw Nahla asleep and decided it be best to join the woman's side, if not to sleep than to guard.

After a long day of staying inside, the storm passes and the group decides to relocate from the gym. They pile on to the street where Kaleb stands in front of them. "Just got word from command, we've been given a green light to use any supernaturals in this group as a fighting force." He says to the group. "You must be over the age of eighteen, the moment you volunteer your life is in your own hands." He explains.

"Any volunteers?" The man asks while looking around at the faces of the group, knowing that Kaia and Nahla would probably want to join up, maybe not Nahla, he hadn't seen her fight before but he knows that Kaia often has cold feet.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_8ugob93mwnoc4wgowgo8cgs8w_640.jpg

After a long day they were finally on their way, but there was one last thing. Nahla and Kaige stood at the front of the group, listening as a small pulled at Kaia's lips.

"Oh, you know I'm in," she grinned, winking at Nahla, "My love, shall you join?"

She looked back at the group then nodded, "If it helps protect them and get us all out of here, I will help where I can."

"We in kid," she patted Kaleb's shoulder as she passed him, the blonde looking happy for once since they had met her, "Just point me at them and let me loose. You won't regret it."

Kaleb nods to her, he motions for them to follow before walking over to the bodies of the death squad they had taken out, fnding two intact Kevlar vests for them. "Just in case." He says with a smile before handing them to Kaia and Nahla, expecting them to wear them. "You can take the Canadian flags off of them." He suggests.

They then walk back to the group. "Kaia, left side with Nathan, Nahla, right side with Conor." He says to the two, assigning them to make sure none of the group wanders. Of course Stevey brought up the rear, just in case they were ambushed.

The group begins to move again. Stevey faces the ground, obviously feeling bad about what had happened yesterday.

Kaia and Nahla both stare at the vests, then at him then shrug, carrying them in hand but not putting them on. Instead Nahla hands hers off to one of the children, and Kaia hands hers to a witch who was also a mother. Then they fall into line, Kaia walking alongside Nathan with a grin, chatting him up, while Nahla fell in beside Conner, trying for minor conversation so the day wouldn't drag and neither would another argument boil up.

"Weather's better," she murmured, looking up to the sky.

Connor nods to Nahla. "Oh yeah, sunshine and clear skies." He says with a smile. "Sorry about what happened yesterday, I know I can be ignorant.. And stupid.. I'm not a smart person." He admits while running a hand over his head. "I'll try not to do it again in the future." He says to her before nodding and looking back up at the buildings in his sector.

Nathan smiles as he talks to Kaia, Nahla's thoughts keeping him from just jumping her right here and now. They are far enough from the group so that their conversations are not heard. "I'm surprised you let me in between you and Nahla.. She's awesome.. Of course you're better in my eyes considering I'm more hooked on your blood than I am nicotine." He admits with a laugh.

"Thank you for the apology," Nahla murmured, looking ahead, "At least you can admit it. That's the first step towards wisdom."

She kept at his pace, but kept a fair bit of distance between them, not wanting a repeat of yesterday with Stevey. As they walked, she brought up a conversation about eastern cultures, giving him a small history lesson so he could learn more about her.

Kaia laughed on the other side of the group, well out of earshot of most of them, "When your with me baby, Nahla often comes with the package. That's just us. And of course I'm better in your eyes, my pet. Keep sucking up to me baby and I think I'll let you feast tonight."

She winked at him, stretching her neck and flipping her hair back flirtatiously, giving him a good view of her succulent neck, "How's that sound handsome? Blood and sex all night long."

Connor gives her a smile. "Thanks Nahla, I appreciate that." He says. He listens to her talking about cultures of the east, nodding his head every once in awhile and sometimes asking questions about small things he doesn't really understand.

"You told me you moved to New York from Spain, yeah?" He says. "I know you're like a thousand or so years old, so where were you born?" Connor asks as they walk, holding his shotgun to his chest as he looks over at her.

Nathan laughs. "I don't know if I'll ever go back home with that kind of package." He says with a smile. "She doesn't need to be with us, you do amazing on your own." He says to her. "Nahla was an excellent bonus though, I must admit." He says. "You spoil me." He says with a smile.

"Kaia.. On a serious note, I know you and Nahla travel the world and all of that.. I want to go with you." He says to her. "Nahla showed me the way to recovering from my addiction to you, and I don't want to recover." He explains. "I don't have to be addicted to want to follow you to the ends of the Earth."

Nahla turned her head to look at Conner, "It's no place I can described for you Conner. You wouldn't find it on any map. But it was a thing of beauty. And I have travelled many places. The world is a beautiful place to explore."

~

Kaia raised an eyebrow at him, "You're really addicted, huh? We shall see my pet. Don't go making promises to me though, especially ones you might not keep down the road."

They continued walking, many people chatting amongst themselves as Kaia brought up an easy topic to chat about, "So...tell me som e good ol stories from when you were a child."

Connor nods. "I was thinking of traveling the world after I retire in.. Forty years?" He asks with the shake of his head. "Seems like an eternity away." He admits while rubbing the back of his head. "Nahla.. You be careful in combat alright?" He asks her. "You're awesome to talk to, and I'd honestly hate to not have you around, this place is dangerous.. I have full knowledge that you can defend yourself but you never know out here." He explains.

~

Nathan raises his eyebrows. "I never break promises." He says with a smile. He thinks for a moment. "Stories of my childhood..?" He asks while stroking his chin. "Oh, my old house had faulty outlets, and I asked my dad how to fix it so he told me 'Son, you gotta stick a fork in that outlet to fix it' and of course I didn't know it was a joke so I did it, instantly regretted it." He says with a laugh.

"Or later on in high school, I dated a girl who was really fucking crazy, we got a hotel for the night because we had these visions about running away or whatever, and she broke an egg on my chest in my sleep because she was horny." He says with a laugh, shaking his head. "I didn't have the best childhood, but it's funny to look back at it.

Nahla nodded, listening to his words, "don't worry about me. I'm much, much older than I look. I know how to survive. As does Kaia. It's the others I worry for. Especially the children."

~

Kaia listened, laughing at the story about the egg, "An egg? No shit, seriously? What did she think, you were so hot you'd fry it?"

She giggled at her own joke, shaking her head, "I met plenty of kinky, or fucked up people. No one has cracked an egg on me yet."

Connor nods to her. "I worry about everyone if I'm honest, we're badasses but we're not invincible." He says with a laugh. "Nathan and Stevey are good examples of that." He says while crossing his arms. "I just don't want anybody else to die." He says.

~

Nathan laughs, shaking his head. "I honestly have no idea." He says with the shake of his head. "She was just crazy, like I said." He says.

The group halts for the moment, stopped outside of the Town Hall, a banner on the front of it reads: "Civilians here. Help."

~

Kaleb looks back at the group. "We're gonna clear out this place and stay here for the night, let's check and see if that sign is still accurate." He says while moving his hand in a motion for the armed members of the group to move up the stairs into Town Hall.

Search and rescue wasn't a demon's thing. While the men moved forward Kaia hung back with the rest of the supernaturals, seeing Nahla do the same. They crowded together, and Kaia kept her eyes and ears on any movement or sound around them, wanting to make sure no one got the jump on them.

"How much further do you think we have?" Nahla asked, moving over to Kaia.

"Probably a day or two more. We're out of downtown now and in one of the communities. It means the surburbs aren't too far off. And once we hit the suburbs we can hotwire a car and get the fuck out of here."

"Why haven't we driven out already?" one of them asked, looking annoyed.

"Because of the noise," Nahla explained, a lot more kindly than Kaia would have, "They have helicopters circling. A car isn't conspicious. They'd see us and shoot us down. At least on foot we can hide, and they can't see us as long as we are careful."

"Nahla's right," Kaia added, "We got to stay low and quiet, until we are out of the city. Once we catch a car and hit a highway they won't be able to track us. But inside the city it isn't safe."

The team moves through the town hall quickly, not finding any civilians or enemies. They do a double check to ensure no traps are inside. Once done they walk out, motioning for the group to follow them back inside.

Kaleb takes first watch, sitting at the entrance and staring at the streets to ensure that no enemies sneak up on them.

Nathan sits against a wall inside, holding his P90 in his lap as he takes his helmet off, leaning the back of his head against the wall. His eyes close for a moment, not expecting anybody to interrupt him.

The group follows orders, stepping inside. Nahla's first priority is to get them all comfortable, moving them into rooms so they aren't all sitting out in the open foyer. Once she was done, the djinn found a nice bench in the foyer to lay on while Stevey leaned against the end watching and waiting. Striking up a small conversation with him, she kept herself amused by telling him stories of all the fascinating places in the world.

Meanwhile, Kaia had taken to the roof, having told the men she'd watch from there. The demon rarely slept and she enjoyed the night, getting comfortable as she watched and listened for any passerbys, a radio beside her that she had taken from Nathan to warn them in case someone did appear.

Connor smiles at Nahla as she starts a conversation with him. He nods his head and asks small questions whenever he needs to, maintaining eye contact with her the entire time. "I've always wanted to go to France, I had a girlfriend I was going to go with but then I found her sleeping with my best friend." He says with a sigh. "So I never went to Paris, cancelled the flight and all of that." He explains.

Nathan stands up from his wall and walks upstairs to the roof, sitting down next to Kaia. "So have you thought about my offer?" He asks her. "I would love to go with you guys." He says while sitting back. "And you also promised me blood and sex so I'm wondering when that's coming, mistress." He says with a laugh.

Nahla bent her head upwards a bit, eyes gazing at the back of Conner's head, "I'm sorry for that. Paris is quite lovely, you must visit it at least once in your life. It's so vibrant. If you do go, there is a few underground clubs you must try. Secret things, but some of the best parties I've ever attended."

~

Kaia rose her head as Nathan approached, nodding at him to sit, "And so my pet arrives. I have thought of your offer Nathan, and my word still stands. We shall see."

The demon was never one to make long term promises.

"As for all the sex and blood you can hope for?" she smiled, her eyes dancing in the night, the soft glow in them having returned with the absence of the sun, "I will make good on that oath once my shift is over. I think I have till midnight. Then you and me can go there-"

She pointed at a small shop across the street, far enough away they wouldn't be heard, "-and enjoy our night. Meet me on the second floor, on that small balcony we saw outside that office room. Midnight."

Connor nods. "Good to know." He says while sitting down, taking his helmet off and placing it next to him. "So you and Kaia are obviously a package." He says. "But, do you ever date others?" He asks. "Reason I'm wondering is.. Well.. It's been a really long time since I've done like.. Anything with a woman." He explains. "So any time you're up for it, just.. Y'know, give me a call." He says while rubbing the back of his head, his eyes flicking down to the floor.

~

"Maybe a sample first?" He asks before taking her wrist, biting into it and sucking a little bit of blood from it, he sighs quietly. "Sorry, I was going crazy." He says before standing and nodding to her. "I'll see you there, sexy." He says with a smile before walking off of the roof down stairs.

He walks downstairs and looks around before entering the small office area and standing on the balcony she had told him about and waiting for his mistress to arrive, wondering what kind of sexual adventures they would have tonight.

Nahla let out a laugh, soft and pure, "Are you trying to ask for sex Conner? Because that really isn't any way to woo a girl. Yes, me and Kaia are a package. But we are not exclusive. We both like to indulge...outside each other."

She sat up, fixing her hair before rising to her feet, a smile on her lips, "It's hilarious how you men seem to think because I am here and available I will readily open my legs to you. A woman likes to be wooed, to be courted, flirted, and impressed. Try again another time Conner. Perhaps once you've set the mood. It is not a simple question you ask."

Turning, she walked away, neither angry or upset, mostly just amused as she decided it might be best to find a secluded place to sleep, away from some of the hornier men.

Connor chuckles. "Next time I'll bring candles!" He calls back to her before standing and grabbing his things, walking upstairs to one of the offices and crashing under a desk, putting his hands behind his head and shaking his head as he falls asleep, mostly thinking about ways to 'woo' as Nahla had suggested.

Kaia watched him leave, admiring his ass then returned to her watch. Three hours later she was relieved and snuck downstairs, slipping into the office and to the balcony, slithering her hands onto his back. "How long have you been waiting for me sugar? C'mon, time to jump."

She climbed onto the railing, beckoning him to follow, "It's only the second floor. If you don't know how to stick the landing I can just catch ya. See ya at the bottom."

With that she stepped forward, lurching off the balcony with grace as she fell feet first, bending her knees at the right moment and hitting the ground with a thump, the concrete cracking beneath her in the slightest. She straightened and looked up, smiling at him.

"Coming?"

Nathan turns his head to look at her, smiling. "Would you believe three hours?" He asks with a laugh while watching her jump off, his eyes following her as she hits the ground.

He then jumps as well, bending his knees a moment before he hits the ground, sticking the landing almost effortlessly. "Let's go." He says to her while grabbing her hand and pulling her along until they reach the shop. He tries the door, finding it locked so he smashes his foot against it, luckily the power outages around the city prevent an alarm from going off.

Nathan walks inside and looks around, it is literally a mattress and bed store. "Nice find, sexy." He says while looking over his shoulder at her. "Literally perfect."

Kaia laughed as they entered, seeing all the mattresses, "Kinda feel bad for the group now. They get benches and hard floors. We get to sleep like babes."

Even as he stepped in to look she was stripping, so when he turned to listen to her he found her in nothing but black lingerie, grinning up at him, "Your new drug and a lot of sex. Sounds like a party, doesn't it?"

Nathan grins as he sees her in lingerie, he immediately pulls her into the store, starting to kiss her passionately as he drags her towards one of the mattresses, his tongue seeking hers as it enters her mouth.

He breaks away for one moment, his forehead leaning against hers. "You're so fucking sexy, mistress." He groans to her quietly. "I was so lucky to be picked by you."

Back
Top Bottom