Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Aces of the Skies (rskde & Biting Girl)

Amelia circled the aircraft with her clipboard, checking off each individual item on the list, making sure everything was in perfect working order, and noting anything that needed to be fixed or double checked. The checklist was over 3 pages long, but she knew that everything had to be perfect. If anything went wrong during their flight, it could mean certain disaster for them both. The CO of their squadron came over to see if they had any questions or concerns. Amelia pointed out a few items on her list.

"Sir, I noticed that this part here is missing a single screw, that this one had a small dent in it..." she went down the list of the discrepancies on the plane that she took note of. Most of it was cosmetic, or not vital, but she wanted to make sure it was on point. CO Perkins nodded at each item and signed off on her checklist. "Great Job Brown. Carry on." He turned and walked over to the next craft to help them with their inspection. Amelia beamed with delight that she'd done everything right and had been given the go-ahead. She climbed into the cockpit, strapped on her helmet, and gave Aaron the signal that she was ready to go.

Strapped into the seat she flipped the proper switches to turn on her computers and trackers. Aaron flipped the switch that closed the hatch, and Amelia took a deep breath. She was nervous. Hadn't ever flown with Aaron before, and while she had faith that he knew what he was doing, she still didn't know what to expect. She sat back and relaxed while he taxied out and then took off without a hitch. She monitored her guages and computer screen for anything out of the ordinary, but so far so good.

Aaron looks back at her when the hatch closes. "Do a weapons check Amelia, just run it on the computer with the safeties on, it'll tell you if anything is malfunctioning." He explains, the trafficker gives them a signal to taxi on to the catapult, which he starts to do, going very slowly on to the device hidden inside of the actual deck.

"Hooking.. We're attached." He says over the radio, he flips on the afterburners and starts to go full throttle, but because they are on the catapult the plane does not move. A man in yellow clothing and helmet bends forward on one knee, signaling for them to launch. "Launching.. Now." He says while pressing another button. Suddenly they are going around one hundred and seventy five miles per hour off of the air craft carrier, the flaps of the wings allowing them to fly up into the sky.

"Woohoo!" Aaron yells with a laugh, they reach what is known as 'Angel one' or, one thousand meters in the sky. He does a barrel roll then, sending them pitching to the left before going back to normal. "Flight systems are working like a dream." He says before turning the after burners off. He flies around the carrier for a little while, for now they were just ensuring that the planes could fly and that the pilots could land on the carrier without any major issues.

"Now for the hard part.." He says before starting a smooth dive, slowly losing altitude and monitoring the speed as they approach the back of the carrier. "Nimitz this is Knight 3-2, requesting permission to land, over." He says.

"Affirm Knight 3-2, deck is clear, you are clear to land." The traffic operator says over the radio. He loses some speed and puts their tail hook down before approaching the back of the carrier, going around one hundred miles per hour as they touch down on the deck, they would feel themselves lean forward as their tail hook catches one of the wires, extending to around the end of the deck before they are at a full stop.

Their tail hook goes up and the wire is launched back to its original place on board, they taxi back to the plane's resting position. The hatch opens and Aaron takes off his helmet, letting out a breath. "That was good." He says with a laugh as he jumps out of the cockpit.

Amelia ran her systems check on the computer and gave Aaron the 10-4 that everything was great and ready to go. She could tell that Aaron was enjoying this flight. Doing barrell rolls and other tricks through the air, even letting out a jubilant shout during their flight. She admired his free spirit and ability to enjoy his job. And she enjoyed the ride as well. All of her anxiety and fears over flying with Aaron melted away, and she relaxed and revelled in the excitement of their first flight together.

After their safe landing, the hatch was opened and Amelia shut down her equipment and did her post flight inspection, making sure nothing became loose or jostled during the flight. When this was done she ran over to Aaron and jumped into his arms, landing a kiss on his lips. "Great job, buddy!" She said as she let go and smiled at him. "I had so much fun! To be honest, I was a little nervous about flying with you. But all of my fears have been washed away. I'm so glad to have you as my Pilot!!"

He watches her do her last flight inspections, he is expecting her to hug him but instead she jumps into his arms and.. Kisses him. He seems very surprised as she breaks away, he blinks a few times before looking at her. "You.. You know that.. That was my first kiss, right?" He asks, still seemingly really surprised and confused by the sudden motion.

"Yeah.. You're a good WSO." He says, seeming to regain some of his composure. "I think those g's we pulled have me hallucinating or something, I'm gonna go lie down." He says while rubbing the back of his head, quickly disappearing below deck into their quarters. Holy fuck, she kisses me.. He thinks to himself as he lays down, staring up at the ceiling in thought.

Amelia laughed at his shock as he muttered that it was his first kiss. Shit, he wasn't kidding? she thought to herself as she watched him shake his head to get the thought out of it. She smiled a sly grin as he blamed the GForce on his awkwardness.

"I'm gonna go lie down." He said before turning around and quickly heading below deck to their bunk. Amelia's grin faded as she started to question if he was upset by her kiss.

Is he mad that I was his first kiss? No... it can't be that. Why would he be mad? He was so happy to have me as his WSO. So then what? She stood there in a sort of shock of her own. Her brain working overtime trying to figure him out. After about 5 minutes, she decided she needed to know how he really felt about what she'd done. She made her way down to the bunk herself.

When she walked in, there he was, laying on his bed as he said he was going to do.

"What is it?" She asked, sitting down on his bed next to him.

When she walks in he sits up, looking at her. "Oh.. Yeah, sorry about that." He says while rubbing the back of his head. "I just.. I can't really.. It's hard to explain.. With words, you know I've never been good at explaining things." He says to her.

"It just bothers me.. You know, I expected.. Listen, I've always.." Fuck it He grabs the back of her neck, pulling her to him and pressing his lips against hers for a few moments before breaking away. "Sorry.. I just.." He stutters.

"Seriously, I've always been really jealous of you and Jack.. Because he's an asshole, and I've liked you since middle school and I was always trying to figure out what he had that I didn't and then you kissed me and my mind freaked out because holy fuck the girl I've been dreaming of for like ten years finally notices me, but then my mind is like 'hold on, that's not how I imagined my first kiss' and then I kissed you and now I have no idea.." He rants, holding his head in his hands for a few moments before looking up at her.

"I'm sorry." He says quickly, his eyes unable to meet hers, his face is severely flustered from the fact that he had played such a bold move.

Amelia was surprised that a small kiss could make him so flustered. He seemed so confident these past two days, she was gobsmacked to see just how rattled he was. He started mumbling an apology before reaching up and roughly grabbing her by the neck and pulling her in for a much deeper kiss than the one on the flight deck.

Amelia's eyes widened. She hadn't expected that. She also didn't expect him to offload his entire book of feelings from the past 10 years onto her directly after kissing her. She blushed a deep crimson red when he revealed that he'd had a crush on her for that long, and was so jealous of Jack.

"Shhhh" she held a finger up to his lips to get him to stop talking. "Aaron... we don't have to talk about the past. And it's ok that you kissed me. Shit, I kissed you first! Just... stop talking and kiss me again..."

He looks up at her when she presses her finger to his lips, listening to what she had to say. "Good point.." He says quietly before she tells him to kiss her again. He leans forward and presses his lips against hers, his hand reaching up and taking one of her cheeks as he does so, his eyes drifting closed.

He doesn't really seem like he's sure what to do, seemingly relying on her and instinct at this point, his hands moving to her hips and pulling her closer. He breaks the kiss for a moment, resting his forehead against hers. "Am I dreaming?" He whispers to her.

"I don't know what to do from here, Amelia.." He says quietly before pressing his lips against hers again, it seems to be the thing he's most confident with doing as of now.

"No Aaron, you're not dreaming." She returned his kiss with a firey passion, moving to straddle him on his bunk. She was letting the excitement get the better of her, and she was having second thoughts. She pulled away from him and stood up next to the bed, wiping her face off.

"I'm sorry... I'm wondering if we should be doing this. Perhaps it would be better to just stay professional for now." She felt horrible for telling him to kiss her and then changing her mind. Something seemed off about the whole thing, and she didn't think it would end well if they kept going at the pace they were. She exited the room and made her way up to the top deck. She needed some fresh air, and to get her thoughts straight. She made her way over to the railing and peered out at the beautiful blue water. Without even thinking about it, she began to cry. She was afraid that she'd hurt him by doing what she did. She didn't want him to feel bad about what had happened.

Wow, this is really happening He didn't even mind if it didn't go past kissing, he was loving this. Then she straddled his lap and it got so much better.. But then she breaks away, he blinks in confusion and watches as she scampers out of the room.

He groans and hits himself in the head. "Idiot, what did you do?" He mutters to himself before laying down, going back to staring at the ceiling. He falls asleep quickly from exhaustion, deciding go allow her to do whatever considering she wanted it to remain professional..

Amelia sighed as she reached the top deck. What the fuck is wrong with you?! Why would you let it get that far?? What happens if you fall in love with him and he doesn't want you back? Or worse, what if he dies and you live?! Think, you fucking idiot! She mumbled to herself as she stared out at the open ocean, the stars dancing on the water.

She vowed then and there that she wouldn't allow herself to fall for him. At least not yet. They had to get through their deployment first before she'd even consider dating him. Or anyone for that matter.

Amelia made her way back down below decks, and to her bunk. Aaron was fast asleep when she got there, so she slipped back into her sleeping shirt, crawled into bed, and cried herself to sleep.

I'm the morning Aaron wakes and pulls himself out of bed, walking to the mess hall and quickly getting something to eat, trying to forget about the previous day's events. He runs a hand over his head, sighing quietly as he finishes his food. He stands and deposits it into the dirty tray pile before leaving the room, walking back to his barrack to get dressed in his flight uniform, holding his helmet against his chest.

As of now they approach the Ukranian border, they would only be on standby just to make sure any Russian planes would not enter the air space. He places his helmet at his side, the chance of them getting called out was slim, they had plenty of other pilots to do interception.

For now he wanted to talk to Amelia, he patiently waits for her to come back, his fingers tapping against the hard surface of his helmet.

Amelia wasted no time in the morning, jumping in the shower before Aaron awoke. She didn't want to face him. She felt horrible about what shed done, and she couldn't look at his face. At least not for an hour this morning before he woke and got ready.

Amelia washed her hair, and her body twice, trying to waste time. To extend the period between seeing him and not. She finally gave up the hope of not having to face him, stepped out, dried off, and got ready. It took her about 30 minutes to dry her hair and put her uniform on. It was 30 more minutes she wouldn't have to see him.

She skipped breakfast, and made her way back down to their room, where she was hoping Aaron wasn't. To her disappointment, he was there waiting for her. She could tell he wanted to say something badly.

"Fine. Get it all out Aaron. I'm a terrible person for doing that to you, I know. I was... am... just scared." She slumped down on her bunk and hung her head low.

Aaron had been waiting for a little while, his fingers drumming against his helmet as he thinks to himself. What'd I do wrong? He thinks to himself while laying back and staring at the ceiling. When he hears the door open he sits up.

He watches her walk in, she seems disappointed to see him. "What? You're not a terrible person.." He says to her. "Amelia, did you really think you could avoid me for the rest of deployment?" He asks with a laugh, his face breaking into a smile. "We gotta work this out, we're a team after all." He explains.

Aaron stands and walks over to her, sitting on her bunk and clapping her on her back. "What're you scared of?" He asks. "I'm not scared of anything right now.. I'm a little confused about yesterday, I don't know much of this stuff Amelia, did I do something wrong?" He asks with the raise of his eyebrows, watching her as he waits for his answer.

"No, Aaron. I did. I shouldn't have kissed you. I shouldn't have let it go that far. You and I are friends, and I don't want that yo ever change. Could you imagine if we fell apart, how devastating that would be for us? And what if one of us does, how horrible the other person would feel?" She looks deep in his eyes, her cheeks running wet with tears.

"I don't ever want to lose you Aaron. You're my best friend. All I have in this world."

Aaron smiles. "Hey, I've known you all my life, how would we fall apart now?" He asks her while putting his hand on her shoulder. "Cmon now, do you not trust my piloting skills?" He asks with a grin on his face. "You're asking a lot of what ifs Amelia, here's some from my end." He says to her.

"What if it turns out that we're great together? What if we come out of this deployment happier than ever? And what if all of that is true but we never give it a shot?" He asks her. "I've learned a lot since first grade, and one of those things is, if you keep asking what if without not ever doing anything, you're not gonna get anything in your life." He says. "There's always a chance of something going horribly wrong, I could walk outside of that door, slip and fall on the Captain's orange juice carton and crack my skull open on the floor!" He says with a laugh.

"The point is.. What's the point of living if you don't fake risks?" He asks her.

Amelia looked at her feet in deep thought. He was right. What if they did work out and everything was great? But could she trust Aaron with her heart? She had her heart broken before. She didn't want that to happen again.

But this was Aaron we were talking about. The boy who was her best friend for all of their school years. The boy who took her to her first dance. Who helped her pick out a prom dress to wear to the prom with that asshole Jack. The boy she loved more than anyone else who wasn't family.

"If we do this, we have to go slow Aaron. We can't rush into anything. I don't want either of us to get hurt. I care about you so much. I don't want to ever lose you." She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him another kiss.

"Now, let's go put some air through our hair!!" She said smiling, grabbing her helmet and heading for the door.

"Right, slow.. I was fine with just kissing last night but you kinda left." He says with a chuckle, when her arms wrap around his neck his eyes meet hers before closing, sighing against her lips. He stands when she breaks away, walking over to his own bed.

He grabs his helmet from the bed, slipping it on over his head. "Amelia, hold up, the most we can do right now is prep our plane, we can't be in the air!" He calls out while jogging after her, catching up and taking her arm to stop her from walking any further.

"We'll get called soon, but just.. Keep your head on a swivel out there, let's get our jobs done and get back home." He says before clapping her on the shoulder. He then walks with her out on to the deck, their plane is fueled up and ready to go so Aaron hops into the pilots seat, doing a quick systems check by activating the flaps and moving around the tail of the plane.

Suddenly a loud noise seems to hit the deck as two formations of three Russian planes buzz the carrier. "All hands, all hands, battle stations. Pilots are cleared to get into the air." A voice says over the intercom.

"Cmon Amelia!" He calls out to her, beckoning for her to get into the plane so that they could go.

"What the FUCK was that?!" She yelled at Aaron as she threw her helmet on quickly and hopped into her seat. No time for a pretrip check this time around. She buckled up, booted her systems, and called her ready code to Aaron as the hatch closed.

Her heart raced as he taxied out with the rest of the planes. They were in the air before she knew it, and she watched her screens closely. Everything seemed to be in perfect working order as they flew. Circling around the ship, they watched as the Russian jets did a 180 and started flying right at them.

"What do I do, Aaron?? Should I fucking fire?!" She yelled to him, her hand near the fire button.

Aaron's breath grows ragged at the sight of the pilots ahead of him, he looks up at the sky above before nodding to himself. "Amelia, hold on!" He yells before turning on the afterburners and flying straight up in the air, their speed does a huge decrease as they get to Angel one, two.. Three. Their plane tips, the engines shutting off as it pitches forward towards the enemy planes following them.

The weapon systems beep as they lock on. "Fire now!" He yells, their engines turning on again, the momentum of falling straight down giving them more and more speed. The corners of his vision start to turn red as the gforces really start to hammer him, falling straight down was never a good thing.

His fingers press on the triggers of the main cannon, the only gun the pilot has control over, sending rounds straight into the three planes below them, hoping to God that Amelia fires those missiles in time.

Amelia held on for her dear life as they went into a freefall towards the planes. When Aaron told her to fire, she locked on and let the first missile loose. It fell from their plane and made it's way straight for the enemy, a cloud of smoke following behind it. She quickly launched the second missile, sending it in the same direction as it's twin.

"Pull up!! Pull up!!!" Amelia yelled at him after she launched the second missile. She didn't want to fly straight into the fireball as the projectiles hit their intended targets. She watched as the first missile hit one of the planes, sending it into a spiral and eventually causing it to explode. The second also hit it's target, causing the second plane to collide with the third and final one. Amelia smiled a huge grin as she saw the flames and smoke. She watched as the pieces fell into the ocean. No survivors.

But then she had a second thought. Russia would obviously not be happy about this. Did she just kick off the war? She was deep in thought as Aaron guided their aircraft back to the deck.

The other planes had been shot down by the Nimitz and other pilots, only two of the Russian planes were able to escape, its obvious that the crew was ordered to fire, and Aaron had known that in the back of his mind. He starts to decrease their speed, his breathing calms down as they fly back up to Angel one.

"This is Knight 1-3, entering holding pattern, over." Aaron breathes into his mask.

"Affirmative, we will let you know when you're clear for final approach." The voice in his headset chirps back.

They fly around the carrier for what seems like an hour before they're finally cleared into the approach pattern, Aaron takes their height down to two hundred and fifty meters above the ocean while flying past the carrier, the tail hook and landing gear of their plane coming down.

They reach around five hundred meters away from the back of the carrier before turning towards it, ready to come down. When they get to the back of the carrier, Aaron starts to guide it in, increasing his speed slightly, just in case.

"Missed!" The voice over the radio yells before Aaron essentially floors it, the afterburners turning back on as they zoom off away from the deck, Aaron's hands shake on the controls.

"Sorry, sorry.. Re entering approach pattern." He says, his voice sounds shaken and uneasy. They do the same approach, this time Aaron's tail hook catches the wire, slowing them down until they are stopped on the deck.

He looks at their fuel gauge, it clicks to empty as they attempt to pull back into their spot, a crew member has to tow them.. They were that close to just falling into the ocean.

Aaron jumps out of the plane and pulls his helmet off, running his hands over his head as his helmet drops to his side, he had panicked and it had almost cost them their lives.

Amelia could tell something was wrong immediately after the plane landed. She watched Aaron get out, and he looked very on edge.

"Aaron? What's wrong," she asked as she stepped down and removed her helmet. "Talk to me."

He didn't. He started walking at a very quick pace down the steps, through the hallways.

"Aaron! I'm talking to you!" She yelled as she quickened her place behind him.it was no use. He kept walking away from her. Amelia had never seen him like this. Not in all of their years. She followed him all the way down to their bunk, where she found him sitting on his bed, holding his head in his hands.

She knelt down in front of him, putting her hands on his knees. "I'm serious, you need to talk to me. What the fuck is wrong? Did I do something?" Typical female response. She knew it wasn't her, but she asked anyways. When he didn't respond, she sighed.

"Fine then!" She reached up and pulled his hands from his face, and she lunged forward, kissing him deeply.

Aaron hadn't expected her to grab his hands, so he feels them suddenly ripped away from his head.. And then she's kissing him, his eyes close and he kisses her back, his body relaxing slightly from being so tense. His hands stay on the bed, his lips breaking from hers, his head leaning against hers as his eyes lock with her eyes.

"Sorry.. I just.. Panicked, I missed the wire.. I thought we were gonna die, we had three Bandit's on our asses and it wasn't looking good.. I almost killed us three times today, I counted." He explains quietly, he honestly looks like he just needs her attention. "I'm so sorry." He says to her softly, his eyes closing as his forehead continues to rest against hers.

"I just needed a moment.. I don't want to freak out like that again, I felt so.. Hopeless, like, if that ever happens again I don't know if I can pull us out of there." He explains quietly.

Amelia chuckles slightly as he reveals why he was so upset. "Is that all?" She says with a sly smile. She reaches up and grabs his face and kisses him again with a sigh.

"Then I guess we'd better take care of your virgin problem before you actually do kill us" she whispers to him as she runs her fingers through his hair and kisses him again.

Amelia begins to unzip his flight suit slowly as she continues to kiss him. Fuck slow she thought.

Back
Top Bottom