Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always two sides to War - Shay and I

Here is our RP ^_~

ItDhbWn.png

Misaki's looks minus the amber eyes

Misaki's amber eyes glowed in the night as he moved silently through the underbrush. The air was chilly but the sky was clear; allowing the moon to shine brightly in silvery slivers through the treetops. The sounds of crickets and other night creatures could be heard in the distance as they commenced their nightly ritual. Through it all, Orihara remained focused on his task as he made sure to keep his steps light and soundless. Though he was in his human form, the teen's body still picked over the landscape as easily as if he were in his wolf form. Misaki prided himself for that as not many werewolves were able to pull such a feat off.

The brunette teen sighed as he stopped for a moment to judge the distance between his current position and his destination. Why his owner had sent him on a mission so far out in the wilderness was beyond him. Misaki had been tracking target activities for six months now and none of it seemed to be happening in this particular area. The eighteen year old rolled his eyes at the idiocy of the task, but pressed on. Orders were orders after all and it wasn't his place to question them.

Orihara slowed his trotting pace as he neared a lone, barely standing cabin in the middle of a clearing. Dropping to the dirt to conceal himself more; the raven peered out at the quiet and dark cabin. Either the targets were out or asleep because no matter how much the teen strained his ears; he couldn't hear a thing coming from the little shack of a place. Should he risk sneaking closer to take a look or should he just wait it out?

Well...this was a low-rank mission after all. Misaki was sure that he could handle anything within as his owner had told him multiple times that the task of killing the targets would be practically child's play. Quickly deciding that he'd sneak up on the cabin, Orihara crept forward. It was a slow process as the teen remained on his stomach the whole time, but he eventually made it. Getting on his knees, the teen peered through the glass window on the porch of the cabin only to find that it was empty. Not a soul was within the one-room shack and there wasn't any evidence that the place had been used in over a decade. Before Misaki could express his confusion at this, the teen was alerted by a snapping twig from somewhere behind him.

Misaki then sensed it. There were about six werewolves encircling him on the outside of the clearing. He immediately knew he'd been set up. It must have taken a lot of careful planning to pull this one off. The teen was actually impressed and even flattered that someone would go through so much trouble just to take him, a single target, out.

"Lovely.", Misaki said as he stood up slowly; a smirk playing on his lips.

The teen wasn't so worried yet as he was used to tight situations. He'd just have to find a way to get away from them, right? Orihara was very skilled in the art of assassination and ambush, but one thing he wasn't good at was head-to-head combat. Not only was he not good at it, but he wasn't specifically bred for it. Misaki was bred smaller for speed and agility instead of bigger and bulkier to overpower and fight a target directly. Looking around, the teen saw no smaller-bred werewolves. All were at least two times his size and Orihara was positive that he'd definitely meet his end tonight if he decided to stay and fight.

"How do I get out of this one?", Misaki wondered aloud, his muscles prepared to make a mad dash through any openings he found.

Before he could ponder any longer though, the six pounced.

Solar was nicknamed for the color of his coat in the infantry, not only was he the leader of the large pack he was the one in charge of the wolves in general. His name was legend in the group - Youngbae but he went by Tae or Solar most often. The male had just bedded down for the night when he heard a howl in the distance from one of thier cabins. It was protected by the finest as it held some of the more important members of their crew. He wasn't particularily worried until the last call had rung. The howl was almost a scream - a fearful howl. Who had they sent into the midst ?

Tae was more than aware that there were wolves taken from their platoon years ago by humans who were planning to use them as weapons in the war. Since then it seemed they had bred wolves for the sole purpose of attack and assassination. From the howls from his team he could tell they were in for trouble. One of the wolves were sent to kill them it seemed. Solar didn't waste time as he quickly left his own camp in pursuit of the nearby one. Solar bolted in the direction, his paws sinking into the dirt as he ran. Twice the size of a usual wolf and twice as powerful, his strides were strong and they pressed into the earth. It didn't take him long to get to the camp where he saw his wolves pounce on a male and take him to the ground. Taeyang barked loudly and the wolves that had just taken the male to the ground backed off. The wolves already did a number on him and Tae had to take action quickly if they were to save him. He rushed in swapping his form to his human form as he gathered the male that had been ripped up into his arms. He took off into the cabin and lay him down. The boy was barely even breathing - his wolves were ruthless, if he didn't get to them in time the boy would be dead.

Solar noticed that the male was from the other infantry and realized he must have been sent to him on purpose. 'They are killing their own?' He dragged his hand over the others forehead. 'He's burning up...' Tae thought to himself grabbing a rag as he sat on the bed to put it on him. The wounds must have given him enough pain that his body stopped working properly. Tae stripped the other of anything that would lead the others to think he was from the other army. He took his badges and anything with a lead back to the other place. Tae sat on the edge of the bed running his hand over the others wounds as he cleaned and tended to them. He was a wolf but Tae wasn't sure if the other would hold the same strength the rest of them did. Pure wolves that were bred from a pure werewolf to another purebred could only produce one offspring at a time. They had to have done something to mass produce them to breed them like tools. Tae sat tending to the others wounds until the other started to stir.

"Hey, I don't know your name but I can assure you you're safe here... I'm Solar." He said. "Taeyang or Youngbae, whichever you prefer..." he said. "Can you tell me why you came here?" He asked, Tae had his blade out on his lap just in case the other decided he wanted to attack him. "Whats your name?" He asked, waiting now for some responses before continuing. "We can't stay here but I can take you back to my location. You are a wolf, are you not?" He asked, he could smell it on the kid, he wasn't from here. He knew he was from the other group but hopefully he could make the male turn against his 'owner' and join Solar's fight.

Misaki woke up with a start, his amber eyes searching around the room wildly to take in the situation. When he saw that he wasn't in any immediate danger anymore, the teen quickly schooled his demeanor and forced himself to calm. He needed to gauge his current position and he couldn't do that while he was in a blind panic. Orihara was forever thankful for the extremely over-the-top training he was put through as it made dealing with high-tension situations as easy as a cake-walk.

Before responding to any of the questions thrown at him, the eighteen year old hazily looked at his body; moving his no heavy limbs and looking for any serious problems. He was slashed open so much that he'd lost a considerable amount of blood and there was probably some nerve-damage due to the depth of each injury, but thankfully he was sure he wouldn't die. The other shifter had taken care to stop that from happening apparently.

Misaki had been unable to find an opening during the attack nor was he able to shift in time. It had all happened too quickly for him to do much of anything. The teen had just been too small and lithe to compete with the raw muscle of the other werewolves. Never before had the eighteen year old cursed his breeding more.

"Seeing as it doesn't matter much if I spill, I'll tell you exactly why I was in your territory.", he amber eyed shifter smirked, his expression hiding away any and all of the anxiety he was currently feeling. "I was sent here by my owner to take out a target. There was no target. I was set up."

Orihara was in a horrible situation now. Being cast out of the program was the worst thing that could happen to a program-born were. You were not just simply allowed to walk away. No, you were slaughtered to keep from any of their information from being spilled to their enemies. It was likely that the program would send spies to check if he was still alive or not and would find out that he was still breathing. From there, life would become a constant game of survival that would put all of Misaki's training to the test.

"I am a shifter as you are, just not as big. I was bred to be small, but I'm especially small because I am the runt of my litter.", the teen said with a weak laugh.

Orihara purposely glossed over telling the older male his name. It would be dangerous to have his name being thrown around the pack as word could get out to the Program that he was still alive.

"I would thank you for saving me and fixing me up, but I'm still unsure of your motives.", the younger shifter said as he suddenly grew serious. "Let's get straight to the point, yeah? What are you planning on doing with me?"

The older male could appreciate how the younger acted when he woke up. It was almost as if he had been trained to deal with being captured. In reality, Tae did capture him but only to save him. He didn't want to clean up his body from their field so this was the easiest way of not having to deal with that. He could have let the wolves kill him but he didn't. He listened to him talk about his life so far and it appalled him. So that was what the pups were used for. He nodded as the other talked about what he was. Also a shifter, he expected as much the smell was familiar but different, meaning he was of a bloodline that came from this camp but also of another as well. He also wanted to give him a chance to explain himself. Tae learned that the other had been set up and he nodded. "I see..." He realized the other wouldn't tell him his name so easily, which was to be expected. "My motives?" He asked. The other got pretty serious quickly enough. "Simple. I was finding out what yours were. Clearly you came here expecting a fight. You were sent to kill one of us that didn't actually exist so that you would be killed yourself. They set you up, now you're not only running from them, but packless." He said. "I have two options with you. Cage you. Or, show you around." Tae stood up wrapping his hand around the knife on his lap to put it away. "Choose your future..." He said, clipping the knife into his belt. He figured that the other wouldn't run back home, he didn't have one to run to, he wouldn't CHOOSE to be caged, instead possibly join the other side. He wasn't worried that the male would be running back with his secrets because he was betrayed by them, there was no loyalty left towards the owners, or so he hoped. He wouldn't show him everything, just enough to make him switch sides. Solar ran a different type of camp, there were people from all over in his group that came from different backgrounds, some were wolves, some were just people but they all ran together, like a large pack. The humans from the other group that had kept the male caged and leashed were a breed of human that felt werewolves weren't human and deserved to be treated like tools. Here things were different, anyone in their right mind would choose them over the other. Solar backed up to the door. "Your choice." He said. "I bandaged you so you didn't bleed out, You shouldn't be in pain either because of what is on those bandages so you should be fine to walk with me. I don't know if you heal like we do or if that was bred out." He walked out letting the other choose whether or not to follow him. Back at the camp Solars' pack was wondering what happened and was howling softly to communicate. He shifted his form and howled back to them. His wolf form was twice the size of the other's wolf form. He was huge. He walked out leaving the other in the guard of the other wolves - if he tried anything they would pounce.

Misaki carefully considered Tae's words, his amber eyes studying the older male as if searching for any insincerity in his demeanor. It wasn't odd and almost expected that the bigger shifter would choose to cage him as he was the enemy after all. What it was that really threw Orihara was that the older was apparently very easily going to accept him into his pack. There was hardly any questioning and no initiation to speak of; he was just going to be able to merge straight in with the rest even though he still very clearly smelt like the enemy.

With narrowed eyes, the raven watched Tae walk out the door; leaving it open for him to follow if he so pleased. It could very well be that the older simply wanted to gain his trust so he would spill all he knew of the Program, which was fine by him. Misaki didn't mind giving up information about the humans that had forsaken him, but it was what happened after that that worried him. If he blabbed about all he knew to Tae, Orihara worried that he'd be killed afterwards. Though the older seemed kind and straight-forward enough, it could all very much be a ruse. The eighteen year old didn't have much time to analyze for long as Tae was getting further and further from the door. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Misaki stood stiffly and shifted as he made his way to the entrance.

When the black furred wolf padded past the guards, the pair growled at him as if they'd attack him again. The younger shifter let out his own growl and bared his abnormally long canines in rebuttal; silently showing that despite his size, he had other advantages. His pedigree was very selectively picked out to obtain the qualities in which the Program deemed favorable. Misaki was bred out for darker fur for better camouflage, longer teeth to do more damage, lither and smaller than most to add more agility, speed, and precision for making a quick kill. Nothing about him had been a mistake. Everything he was, was entirely intended to be. All except for his personality. Despite Orihara's rigorous training, a training that was intended to break and manipulate a shifter into blindly following every command given to them , he had never fully bent to his owner's will. He'd continuously gone against some orders and sometimes even done things his own way. It was no wonder Misaki had wound up in this situation. To the Program, the eighteen year old was a liability.

With silent but quick steps, the sleek, black shifter caught up to Tae. Keeping a little behind the bigger male just in case. The teen was on full alert, unsure of his environment in every way. It was painfully obvious that he was not welcome in the least, if the snarls thrown at him as he passed wasn't anything to go by. To keep track of the angered shifters' movements, Orihara kept his head high and he ears swiveling. Misaki did not want to be in the situation he'd been in not twenty minutes before. Though most of the wolves in camp hadn't come across him when he was donned in his uniform, they knew already that he was the enemy. His abnormal jet black fur and strange smell was probably tip off enough even without his badges.

The few wolves in the compound that had pounced him knew he was the enemy, but now due to the pack leader taking him under his wing, the growls were more cautious than hateful. They didn't like him in their midst as they felt the other was sent on purpose to lure them into a false sense of security. The whole bit about being sent into an ambush was just a rouse, that is how they felt. The wolves wouldn't go against their leader though, they knew he could take any of them out so they were better off following like good little mutts than attempting to attack them. The older male took him back to the other campground, walking with him in silence for a bit. "I would like you to feel like we're not still enemies...but this is a war... any moves against any of my kind here... and you will be caged... I would like to think because you were betrayed you won't do the same to us." He said. "I don't trust you, but I will give you a chance to become part of our pack instead of that one. Do I make myself clear?" He asked. He waited and continued walking. "What is your name, or shall I come up with one for you...?" He would if he had to, in reality he was thinking about what he could do to appease the younger. If he was always bred with war in mind, he never got to experience life. He likely never got to watch pups, or play, or walk through the sand on the beach, he likely never even had the good things in life. Tae would be sure to show him exactly what it meant to be his pack mate. He would be watched over and cared for, nothing like he would be used to with his current pack. When they got back to the camp it was already very obvious that this place was different. They all lived in a building that was very nicely kept, it was beautiful outside with marble posts on the outside leading to the entrance. Tae was being very cautious letting the other so close to his family, but he could protect them if the other went rouge. He shifted and opened the door holding it open to the other. "This is home." He said. A couple of pups ran up to him and nuzzled his leg and he leaned over to pick one up kissing it on the nose. "Hey." He smiled. The pup nipped at the edge of Taes nose then squirmed to be put down before running outside with the other pup. A woman came into veiw and she walked up and hugged Tae. "I missed you, I was worried." Her soothing voice said. The place he had brought the other to was the pack home, it wasn't a military housing, it was housing for the family that wasn't in it. "I'm fine, I came home to you just as I left." He kissed the womans cheek and then pulled away to look at the younger male. "This is Chaelin." He said smiling to the other wolf. "Those little bundles of joy are hers." He smiled and walked further into the house. "If you are staying here you should get accompanied with our ways, our rules, and how things work around here... what do you think so far?" He asked, he was still on edge but for the most part he was easy with the whole thing.

The black furred shifter nodded and Tae's conditions. Misaki had no reason to cause trouble after all. He had no orders from the Program currently, nor did would he take them anymore. Orihara's ties to his owner had been severed and the teen couldn't find it within himself to care. He was glad that the bastard lost damn near a fortune because he had to give him up. The younger was valuable and extremely expensive due to both his breeding and training results. If one owned him, they could make a profit on the pups he'd produce and the targets he took down. It was sickening, yet no one seemed to notice. Because the raven had been able to fight the majority of the brainwashing that the Program put young shifters though, he wasn't blind to this obvious mistreatment. They bought, forcefully bred, and sold them like livestock. They conducted dangerous experiments on them to see what would happen if they played with their DNA makeup and even put wolves through heavy torture to test their resilience. Even then, the Shifters remained blind. They were property after all; they were owned and had no say. Shifters were told when to eat, sleep, breed, and even take a piss. It was disgusting, but Misaki endured. Every pup is told from a young age exactly what would happen to them if they betrayed or tried to leave the program; Death.

When Tae shifted to walk up to a young female, the teen followed his lead but kept his distance. It was likely that she was the bigger shifter's mate and that those pups were his. It wasn't a good idea to intrude on a pair with pups as things could easily get bloody and Misaki was definitely in no shape to put up a decent fight. To avoid any violence from taking place, the eighteen year old awkwardly stood a good fifteen feet from the entrance. He wasn't sure what to do, since he was used to constant direction when in the presence of someone above him.

"Call me whatever you'd like for now.", the amber eyed shifter said, keeping his eyes low as to not intimidate Chaelin and show that he was not a threat. "If my name gets bounced around, then it's likely that I'll be found out by the Program."

After Tae explained what was expected of him and asked him what he thought of everything so far, the eighteen year old immediately said what was on his mind.

"Like I don't belong here.", Misaki answered honestly.

This way of living was so different to his own that he didn't even know how to act. It made him nervous as he was trained to deal with new situations, but not without the support of an active order. When he wasn't constantly being told what to do by a strong alpha or his owner, he was lost. It pissed Misaki off because that reaction was stimulated purposely through more brainwashing as well as beatings to keep the shifters within the Program's grasp. Even though he resisted most of the time, Orihara still unconsciously relied on the structure that they provided. The teen had been a Beta within his squad, which furthered his dependence. He, as well as the rest of his squad, always looked toward their squad leader to figure out what they needed to do and when they needed to do it. They rarely ever had to think for themselves, so when they suddenly did it was always a bit of a shock and took awhile to get used to.

Back
Top Bottom