Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Running the West (Discontinued)

Lance's eyebrows furrow as he tries to get a hold of the situation. "You went out and got the leader of the damned pirates, and now you're trying to rope me into some sort of insane bullshit with their whore commander?" Lance was blushing quite harshly.

Jessica smirked, "Oh, he's got a mouth on him, don't he?" She too motioned for her people to lower their weapons. "Where can we settle in?"

Ellie smiled nervously and scratched her head, "There are plenty of guest rooms in the office... Lance! Do this for the lawmen!"

Jessica grabbed Lance and started to walk, "You know, they told me you were more handsome than the sheriff, I didn't believe them, but you are..." Lance didn't answer, but he didn't pull off either, Jessica wasn't an ugly girl by any stretch of the imagination. "So... are you single, boy?" "I have someone I'd like to ask to marry me..." "Oh good... Sex it is..." Lance looked back, "ELLIE!?" Ellie waved at him, give her a good time, or she'll get us all killed..."

Ellie sighed and looked at the trainees, "That's enough for today. Get some rest. There's a big war coming, and we'll need every trigger finger we've got." She turned towards Jessica's people. "Make yourselves at home. By all means, spend money at the meat market, saloon, we have pretty girls here in Whitewater, and... they are all between 18 and 25 years old." She advertised what little Whitewater had to offer, but they were okay with it. Being pirates, they'd probably refuse to pay, but they'd figure things out once they got there.

Governor Bradley made his way out of his home holding a wincester rifle, good model as well, probably never shot before...

"What are these holligans doing here, Sheriff?? We must repel them, they'll destroy everything!"

Jack chuckles, shaking his head as he watches Jessica and Lance go off, feeling a little bad for putting Lance up to the job but, if it would get them Erron Black's head, it was probably worth feeling a little bad about the whole situation Jack had put Lance into.

The Sheriff raises his head at the Governor as he walks out with his weapon, Jack walks over to him and moves the barrel of the gun back to the ground. "They're here to help, governor." He says to him. "We were short handed on trained gunmen, so I got us some." He explains to the man. "Of course they have some small demands, but they aren't asking for your office, so I'd say we're pretty lucky." He explains.

"We've also got the help of Sheriff Justine from.. Maribelle, right Ellie?" He asks, still trying to learn the lay of the land. "So if you'd kindly go back inside of your office and stop worrying about so much." He says with a smile. "Whitewater Sheriff's Department has everything under control, okay?" He says while clapping the fat governor on his shoulder.

Ellie nodded, "That's right. We are just waiting to hear from Cold Stone and the three towns would stand united somewhat." She looked at the governor. "These men here are theives. Might want to keep that shiny new revolver somewhere safe." She made a very ugly grinning face at him intended to scare him.

He jumped back, "Sheriff, you best be right about this... Kenslay would have never made negotiations with Devils." He started to jog back to his office.

Ellie crossed her arms and sighed. "We've definitely gotten a little something going. I'm worried that the brotherhood has picked up on our movements. Billy is still out there and if Erron gets him he's dead..." She looked at Jack, "All around you've done okay. We have a small front at least to fight Black."

Jack nods to the governor, watch him jiggle as he runs back to his office, Jack fingers the rim of his hat, shaking his head as he turns his attention to Ellie.

"Yeah.. I'm not worried about Billy though, he's a big boy, he can handle himself." Jack says with a nod. "Ellie, I couldn't have done this without you." He says to her, watching her. "Honestly, I probably would've ended up making some stupid decision along with way, and then Whitewater would once again be without a sheriff.. So thanks for being here." He says with a smile, clapping her on her shoulder.

"And uh.. About that date.." He says, looking around to make sure nobody was watching. "We could just head to the saloon if you want, I'm sure some of the boys will show Fortune's crew to their quarters." He says to her.

Ellie smiled at him, "We are still fighting a losing battle. But we've put something together. I couldn't have convinced Justine. Without Justine we would have missed or fought or killed Jessica. It's a team effort, we are still not ready, but we could defend ourselves." She rubbed her arm as she remembered different times. "If we still had Kenslay, we'd be a real force..." She sometimes forgot that he was dead, thinking he'd be in his office or home if she came by later to visit or steal a drink from him.

"I know one thing though... We'll either beat Erron Black, or we will die together. And if we could encourage one little boy to continue fighting men like Erron... Then we did our job..." Ellie's face started to break apart at the thought. "I mean... Ken was killed... And here we are fighting those who would kill again... Right?" She turned her head and began to cry lightly.

Jack looks over at her. "I never knew Kenslay.. Did you guys..?" He starts to ask, but decides to drop it, it obviously wasn't a good topic. "We'll get Erron, Ellie, I promise." He says to her while putting his arm around her, rubbing her shoulder lightly. "We'll get that son of a bitch for Kenslay and everyone else he's done wrong." He says to her. "We're gonna take a stand and kill the bastard, no matter the cost." He says to her.

"If we can inspire any body to fight it would be a victory Ellie, but we're not going to die out there, no way in hell that'll happen." He says to her. "We're gonna beat him.." He says before hugging her completely now, wanting to let her cry, unsure of what else he could possibly be doing.

Ellie tried to keep her tears to herself, but when he hugged her she couldn't help herself but starting to cry a little bit. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't be seen like this. Thank you for your support. Erron Black is the face of our problem. But men like him don't do this on their own. They need backing... In short... Erron may even have a boss he reports to. Or an investor who gives him his resources." She broke the hug and patted his shoulders before taking one last sniff. "We have a long fight to come. Erron may be the weakest of the bad guys... Or something like that."

She rubbed her eyes. "Ken was like a father to me. I loved him much more than that... But he saw me as too young for him."

Jack nods to her. "Yeah, but nobody's looking." He says while looking around, stepping back from her when she steps away from his embrace. He listens to her about Arron and nods. "If we kill Erron, that'll be one less problem for Whitewater, and it'll send a message to those bastards that he reports to, it'll show'em that they can't just take what they want, they have to go through us." He says to her while crossing his arms over his chest. "But we can worry about that later, I think the introduction of our new lawmen might cause a celebration." He says with a laugh. "I hope the people are happy, honestly that's all I want, happy and safe of course." He says.

He listens to her talk about Ken, his head nodding to her. "I've never really been close to anybody outside of family." He says with a shrug. "But I think I understand, I'm gonna avenge him for you." He says to her, clapping her on the shoulder. "We can grab a drink if you want, or you can go rest, looks like you need it." He says.

Ellie sighed, "I hope that we can. And I hope that killing him doesn't mean they'll just get someone nastier to take his place."

Ellie rubbed her eyes and smiled. "Yes, perhaps a drink will work. Are you too coming?" She looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I could always use some male companionship. If you want to call it that..."

Jack nods. "But with our luck? Someone much nastier will take his place." He says with a laugh. "I tend to focus on the present, not the future, you should try it, Blue Ribbon." He says to her.

"So you'll get a drink with me? We did discuss going on a date when we were riding here, remember?" He says. "So I wouldn't call it male companionship, I'd say you're my date, and I'm your date." He says while starting to walk with her towards the saloon. "Does that sound right?" He asks, putting his hands behind his head which knocks his hat slightly forward, blocking off his forehead from view.

"Sure boss... whatever you say." She said with a nervous smile. "But only a couple. Billy is still out there somewhere and hasn't reported back. We may have to go out and rescue him. Since Lance is all tied up... probably literally, we should at least be at the ready..." Ellie and Jack reached the saloon as they heard music from inside, when Ellie pushed the doors open, there was a very lively scene. People were dancing, drinking. It was as if the threats and dangers of their world didn't even exist. As they walked by, many of the people there cheered for them and gave their thanks for trying to protect their town.

The barkeep saw them, and laughed nervously, "Welcome Sheriff. What can I fix you today? And don't worry about a thing, tonight, you and Miss Ellie here eat and drink for free." He was a fat man, with a thick black mustache. His hair was a bit tall, and he seemed to be wearing an apron over his clothing. His teeth were dim yellow, but his alcohol was good, and that's what mattered most.

Jack laughs. "You're right about that, I was hoping I'd be able to relax tonight, but I forgot about Billy and his patrol." He says with a sigh as they enter the bar. He puts on a face that wouldn't show emotion other than happiness, the people did not need to be seeing him in a sour mood. "We'll be ready." He assures Ellie. He waves to some of the cheering people, giving them nods, or a smile occasionally, just trying to appear like he was celebrating.

Jack nods to the barkeep, a grin spreading across his face. "Thanks, I appreciate that." He says to him, looking over at Ellie. "I dunno about Ellie here, but I'll take some whiskey if you've got it, only a glass, still on duty." Jack says with a chuckle, his eyes focusing away from the barkeep's teeth.

"Fair enough Sheriff." He said going back to fetch his bottles. "And you, ma'am?"

"Double the sheriff's order. Our patrol never ends. I won't be drinking just one glass."

The man laughed, "Okay Miss." He prepared their drinks in well worn glasses (probably could have used an extra scrubbing too). "Here you are folks, if you need anything, just holler."

Ellie took her glass and looked at the contents inside it, before tipping her head back and swallowing it up like water.

The barkeep watched her nervously as his whiskey was of a better brand and much more potent than your usual bottle. Ellie placed the glass back on the table and closed her eyes, feeling the uncomfortable burn that came with it. "Another, please. It's very strong."

The barkeep took her glass and looked at Jack just to be sure before serving her again. "Easy with it Miss Ellie. This isn't the kind of whiskey to toy with, it can hurt you."

Ellie waved at him idly, "I have a chaperone. And I don't get to relax like this often."

She turned towards Jack with her new serving of alcohol, "It's actually pretty good. Isn't it?"

Jack chuckles at Ellie's order, taking a sip of his small glass, not wanting to take the alcohol all at once. He watches her down her glass, his eyebrows raising at how fast she was going through her drink.

"You might wanna be careful Ellie." He says while leaning against the bar, finishing his glass and nodding to the barkeep. "Do you have Scotch?" He asks him, looking over at Ellie when she puts her glass down as well.

Jack has to stop himself from laughing, seeing how nervous the barkeep was, considering this alcohol was free and they were drinking one of the more expensive items he had every right to be nervous with the two.

"Yeah, the whiskey is good, but I wanna try some Scotch." He says while tapping the bar with his knuckles, watching the barkeep fill his dirty glass. He downs it and nods. "The Scotch is better." He admits to her with a laugh. "Try it if you want." He suggests.

He begins to feel a small buzz in his head. "I'm gonna stop drinking right there." He says while flipping his glass on the table. "Thanks for the drinks." He says. "You can keep going if you want, Ellie." He says.

The barkeep wasn't really nervous about their tab, he was worried about young Ellie getting drunk off her tits and possibly being raped or murdered. He poured out some scotch as Jack requested and placed it on the table with a smile. Ellie waved Jack off. "Not a chance. I'm not mixing." She smiled sheepishly as she shook her glass at the barkeep, who filled her glass yet again. "Just be careful Miss Ellie. There's wolves all over..."

Ellie gave him a strange look and proceeded to drink.

Jack chuckles at the barkeep's statement. "She'll be fine, she's got me after all." He says while looking around, looking for anybody who might be staring at his 'date' of the night. "Though Ellie, do slow down just a bit, you're drinking a little too fast." He says while looking over at her. "I don't think you want to get too drunk." He says, though the fact is, if she's drunk Jack might just be able to have a bit fun later that night, he pushes the thought to the back of his mind for now, he would have to be keeping other guys away so he decides to focus on the moment.

Ellie waved him off as well, "What are you in such a rush for? You should be keeping me company. We have a lot of things to talk about..." Her eyes narrowed, her cheeks starting to blush as she held the cup to her lips and swallowed again. At this rate, she'd end up naked, or puking on the floor. The barkeep tried to take the cup from her, but Ellie playfully pulled it away at the last minute. "Whoops! Too slow, fat man..." She chuckled stupidly, again, swallowing another gulp.

Jack laughs at her words. "Ellie if you want to talk about stuff I have alcohol back at my place, we can talk there instead of bothering these nice people with our personal conversations." He says with a chuckle. "Or we can just talk here." He says with a shrug. "What exactly do we have to talk about?" He asks, seeming very confused. He notices her blush and chuckles, starting to have an idea on what she wanted to bring up.

Ellie frowned, "Whaaat? You want us to leave already? What kind of date is this!?" She said, her voice starting to drag too long. With that, the barkeep took her glass as she spoke to Jack and put it away. "I think the young miss has had quite enough for a day." He was mad that she called him fat, but well, he was. And Ellie was too beautiful to stay mad at. Ellie was completely tipsy. Dangerously so. She stood up slowly, the barkeep watching in fear of a fall. "Fine... We can go somewhere else... You need to be more hospitable... or I'll just look for a new guy to date." She hiccuped lightly. She may need his help walking over to the office again.

Jack chuckles quietly. "It's been awhile, I'm a little rusty on the dating thing." He says while standing up. He watches her stand, there was no way in hell she was going to make it back without help. He puts his arm around her. "I'll help you home." He says to her. "I promise I'll take you on better dates in the future, okay?" He asks as he starts walking with her past the crowd of people in the saloon. "Almost there." He says to her.

Ellie grabbed onto his arm as she started to walk, now sort of realizing how much alcohol she had taken in. "Jeeze... What a mess..." They exited together the barkeep wiping his brow in relief that the woman didn't vomit all over his floor. He'd be more careful about openly inviting the Sheriff and his deputies over for free. By the looks of those two, they were an irresponsible and immature lot. Still... Ellie was pretty to look at. He'd marry her someday.

Ellie and Jack were by the office, since it did have sleeping quarters in it, there was really no reason for Ellie to even try to find a house, she could simply live there. She turned towards Jack and leaned against the wall, "That was a crappy date..." She yawned a long yawn, stretching her arms. "You have to work on that... or I won't go out with you again..." She seemed very tired.

Jack walks with her inside of the office, leaning against the same wall she was on. He looks ver at her and nods. "Sorry.." He says quietly, biting the inside of his cheek. "I guess I just didn't want to mess things up, I was nervous as all hell." He admits to her. "I was just thinking about how.. Lucky, that's the word, I'm lucky." He says. "There were a lot of guys wanting to take you home and I was the one to do it, so I guess that kinda put some pressure on." He says.

Jack reaches up and scratches the back of his head. "It's been awhile since I've had a proper date." He admits. "Hell, it's been a long time since I kissed someone and they actually kissed me back." He says. "Next time I'll take you on a picnic with wine and all that, we'll watch the sunset and be alone, no hard liquor, sound good?" He asks her, seeing how tired she looks. "Is that all you wanted to talk about?" He asks her quietly, he doesn't look tired at all, he looks energized if anything.

"I don't know how you look so up and at em when we just had a day like today's." She leaned against the wall and smirked. "We could still make something out of tonight. The picnic is a good idea. Remember that one... But tonight is tonight. And I think the alcohol makes me a bit less tense." She reached for his hand, "Come. Your mouth has been watering since we kissed." She was a little drunk... But she was THE Blue Ribbon after all...

Jack nods. "I'll definitely remember that." He says while looking over at her, giving her a smile. "I guess I'm always energized, we had a good day." He says with a laugh, his arms crossing over his chest before he sees her reaching out her hand. He takes her hand, lacing his fingers with hers and chuckling. "What can I say? You're beautiful, it's not everyday I get to kiss a pretty woman." He says to her while watching her. "I've got a little buzz myself, might as well take advantage of my energy, yeah?" He asks with a laugh.

Jessica exited the room next to Ellie's with a cigarette between her lips and no shirt on. What kind of sheriff's office was this? It was a lot more like an inn for lonely strangers to meet and have sex. Lance must still be in the bedroom, sulking as Jessica went out for a drag with her tits out. Not massive by any chance, a small bit lesser than Ellie's who was just large enough to be large, without being too large, or average. She tipped her hat at them as they entered Ellie's room, closing the door behind them.

Now he had to keep it together, yes, Jessica's tits were nice, but this isn't about Jessica tonight, plus she'd probably gag him and force shit up his ass. This was about him and Ellie.

Pulling him into her room, she kicked off her boots and tossed her hat aside, removing her vest easily after popping off her collar, and working off her chest hugging top. Her gloves, belt and chaps followed, as she turned towards him suddenly and pressed her lips against his, immediately pushing her tongue forward. Oh the taste of whiskey on that tongue. She put her arms around him, grabbing for any article of clothing she could find to remove it. Easiest was his hat.

Back
Top Bottom