Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The King's Sorceress (zzy123 x freeko)

freeko

Star
It was just another day in Baerston Fort. King Auran would hear rumor of allies, enemies, and treasures all across the land. Having had no qualms about using his power to grow both his own and his kingdom's standing over the time that he has ruled over Aidrin. Simple rumors of peasant uprisings would see a punitive force simply diffuse the threat, while those of spies and treachery would be met by a far more fierce retaliatory force. Once such force is a woman that Auran simply calls the "Sorceress". Adept at both swords and sorcery, this woman is tasked with the most brutal and demanding tasks that mere soldiers and guards would only be able to dream about being able to handle any task of this nature. Most were unsure if they should be simply in awe of both her body and power or scared to be near her for the same reasons. Auran however had need for her to complete a task.

"Bring forth the Sorceress, I have a task for her!" Auran would demand and two guard would look purely petrified by fear upon the realization that they would need to confront the Sorceress and bring her before King Auran. As the guards buggered off, Auran had a concerned look on his face. It would seem that he had nothing to really say and was keeping things to himself as the Sorceress were summoned to his chamber.

A short while after the messenger had been dispatched the door opened and in stepped what could only be called a display of absolute beauty - a woman no doubt created in the likeness of a goddess. She gazed about the room briefly with contempt barely hidden from her face, noting her opponents among the royal courtiers. Slowly she walked past them all, along the central carpet and towards the throne.

Her hair fell in luscious golden curls onto her shoulders and her sparkling green eyes hinted of mischief. Her skin was smooth as velvet and slightly bronzed, indicating she was originally from the southern lands. She wore a gorgeous crimson red dress of the best material, which sat tightly against her skin to emphasize her curves - the bodice was low and her large, full breasts were prominently on display. The body beneath the dress was the curviest, juiciest and ripest anyone present at court had likely ever seen. Her legs were long, slender and shapely and on her feet was a set of three inch red heels; her behind promised to be a perfect peach.

A decorated longsword with a gilded dragon head pommel hung from a sparkly belt that rode on her wide hips and all knew that, although Amelia Delayne was a sorceress, she was also a master swordsman. The blade itself bled power, even sheathed, and those with magical intuition could sense an inky blackness about it. Her face was perfect in its beauty, sultry and inviting, exotic and beautiful and somehow also innocent and maidenly. Her expression could shift from sweet-as-honey maidenly to devilishly sultry within an instant, though she usually wore her current pout of supreme arrogance.

With that deep pout on her face, High Sorceress Amelia Delayne strut towards the throne, looking for all the world as if she owned the place. The High Sorceress was a woman who owned a lot of things and though she was arrogant and demanding, she almost certainly had a right to be. She'd been orphaned at a young age and had almost died in her childhood but the innate ability to channel magic had saved her. She was then sent to the Academy, where all magic-users in the kingdom were taught and it was there that she excelled. The timid young girl grew into a powerful and highly beautiful young sorceress and now, at age 21, Amelia had already slain more beasts and bested more rogue wizards than any other in the entire kingdom and so she was now the king's most trusted adviser in all things magic.

With a curtsy that was just low enough to be respectful Amelia announced herself to the king. "Your Majesty called for me?" She asked, her tone imperious.

Amelia would make her entrance into the Royal Court and as if an aura of power were projected from her, everyone would stand aside. No one in their right mind would dare get in her way as they would be lucky if she simply turned them into a toad. Auran would give a little bit of a chuckle as Amelia entered, it reminded him of all the bureaucrats and other cowards he needed to keep in his court. For all their bickering about, they never got anything done. When it came down to it, Auran needed someone to get results and Amelia was the perfect choice. Amelia's beauty was only rivaled by the queen who at this time was simply not present as the two have had some differences of opinion on a great many things in the past. Queen Rochelle simply did not approve of how Amelia conducted herself and would have no part of her.

"I have a mission for you, though I think it may well be beneath you, I cannot trust that anyone else will get the job done." Auran would wave his hand forward as he finished speaking and a most nervous courtisan would fumble forward toward Amelia and hand her a scroll. It was a simple set of marching orders for her. The scroll reads as follows:

"Witness accounts speak of a gang of thieves and other ne'er do wells burning down the slums on the outskirts of town. If you desire to bring back the perpetrators dead or alive, it is of no consequence so long as the vandalism is brought to a halt. You may adjudicate the matter as you see fit and feel free to make an example of all who are responsible for this vandalism. Just try to bring something back to the court to show proof of your deeds."

Amelia would be given what was at face value a menial task. Simple gutter trash causing issue in the slums? This was going to be an easy day's work it looked like.

Amelia smirked at all the people moving away from her in fear, which made her feel more powerful in turn. She knew that the king had few people who were likely able to best her, if any, and so her attitude was all too fitting. As she read the orders her face slowly shifted more and more into a frown, uncomprehending of why she was being given such a menial, worthless task. When she was finally done she glared at the paper before making it light up and burn swiftly to ashes.

Her hard eyes moved to the king and for a moment it looked like she might raise a hand and immolate the man. Finally she spoke. "Your Majesty, this... this is beneath me. These men are bandits and thugs and you expect me to deal with them? I have slain dragons!!!" She sneered and placed one hand on her hip. "But if you wish I will do this thing... I expect a reward."

Amelia would put on a show for the rabble around her as she used a little panache to burn the scroll given to her by Auran's courtisan. She was to be the punitive force and had sole discretion as to who and how severe the punishment would be on this matter. For Auran, Amelia would be making a statement that Baerston was not to be desecrated by such rabble. Petty thieves they may well be but the damage they were causing was starting to reach a level that it needed to be dealt with, immediately.

"The only thing beneath you is the floor, woman!" Auran would quip back toward the sorceress as he had taken a particular liking to Amelia. Were he not already betrothed to Queen Rochelle, maybe the two of them could have been much closer. That reality however was not this one, and Auran would continue his speech, "This rabble needs to be shown their place. If I send the guards, they would probably be defeated the weak and pathetic cowards they are. No, I cannot have that. That is why I must send you to make a statement. If you desire a reward, then so be it. Shall I reward you for each head that you deliver back here? Do you desire something that I can get for you? Finish this task within three days time and I shall grant you all of these things."

With his last statement, Auran's voice betrayed that there was something more to this that he was not telling Amelia directly. At least this was something that Auran felt was serious enough that the common guardsmen were incapable of dealing with on their own. Amelia would be shown her way out if she had nothing further to say or ask of King Auran on this matter.

Amelia was close to responding in a vicious tone but she held back, finally giving a brief smirk and a nod of her head. "Very well; it shall be done," she said, before turning on her heels and strutting out of the room. First she went to her rooms to prepare, getting out of her red dress and putting on a pair of tight white breeches and a white tunic, strapping her swordbelt on. She then got into a pair of riding boots and looked at herself in the mirror, smirking broadly at her own beauty, before leaving her chambers.

She found her horse and set off through the city, riding for a good hour before she arrived in the outskirts. While the center of the royal city was beautiful and rich, the outer parts were where the poor and useless lived. The criminals and other scum who were far below Ami for her to care about them. With a bored expression she looked about from the back of her horse for any signs of said thieves on the streets. If there wasn't any then she would have to ask questions.

Taking her leave, Amelia would head back to her quarters to prepare herself. Tarrying about in a dress was suitable for the King's Court but would not do for being functional in a combat situation. As Amelia would change her clothing to more appropriate attire, she would smirk a bit as her vanity would get the best of her for a few moments. Her horse was waiting at the stables and a after a bit of a walk she would find her way there and be off toward the outskirts of the town.

Leaving Baerston Fort, Amelia would be reminded of how well she had it compared to the lower classes that lived on the outlying areas of the city. It was a large expanse and took the better part of an hour just to get to a point where she could start to examine what the cause of King Auran's uproar was about. Since she knew that there were fires being set, Amelia would start to question some of the peasants passing through. Most would point toward one specific area of the town as being the area that Amelia would likely want to start with.

Heading over in that direction, Amelia knew that just by looking at the damage that was being caused there was something amiss. This was not just a group of hooligans that were playing about as she could sense the profane aura that was permeating the area. It was far to weak to affect her, but to a common person it would act over time to drive them mad. Not only did Ameila need to stop the vandalism and destruction, but it would likely continue until the source of the profane aura was eliminated as well.

Back
Top Bottom