Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Truce Between Warring Kingdoms (Safi x Asphodel Terrarium)

Gaul and Hibernia were two warring kingdoms. They seem to have been fighting due to difference in beliefs and also due to resources. This has been going for several decades, almost a century now. Everyone from one kingdom know better than to travel to the territory of the other for it was dangerous to be spotted by the enemy on their grounds.

However, if there was one thing that both kingdoms shared is a common enemy. Both dislike the Vikings for their ruthlessness. The Vikings would usually pillage small towns in the kingdoms and hoard loot. They were a public menace to both kingdoms. Once, the attack was strong that the kingdoms despite their differences decided to team up against the Vikings. Both kings of Gaul and Hibernia had met on neutral territory to discuss matters and strategy.

In Gaul:
Sir Kevin was tasked for night duty. He was the one to ready the defences for any attacks for to night. This night however, was unlike any other. For one, he was asked to do things that were new. They were currently using some of Hibernia's weapons and strategies. Both kingdoms decided to swap their fighting methods. This could be more than what the Vikings would be prepared for.

In Hibernia:
Lady Rose was roaming the palace grounds watching many of the men getting ready for a attack. It was late but caution was in the air she was not even suppose to be out and about like she was. Why the king her uncle agreed to help a hated kingdom was well known to her. It was not uncommon for some kingdoms to come to a peace agreement to down a common enemy. A horn was heard a lighted single was lit at the border to signal a attack. Men made a dash to ready there horses it seemed a attack was going to be made right at the border between Gaul and Hibernia.

The night was a quiet and calm one. Then suddenly out of nowhere, there was a sounding of hooves and horns. The Vikings! Kevin look at the fields from afar. It seems that the barbarians were attacking at the very borders of the two kingdoms. 'Well, this is interesting,' Kevin thought. It seems they were heading to attack Hibernia. The two kingdoms had also agreed that apart from exchanging their war plans, that should any one kingdom is going to be attacked, the other kingdom is to send some of its troop to help. It seems a bit risky but then the Vikings were known to attack and ransack only one target at a time, since they weren't that many to afford to split their numbers. Unbeknownst to them, the Vikings had heard their plans and had, reinforcements from a far off kingdom. They had some men secretly watch from Gaul, planning to attack once its defences weaken.

Kevin ordered some guards to stay in the kingdom to watch. He had some suspicions on the Vikings' move. He had let his best soldiers stay at Gaul while he led the infantry and some selected warriors with him towards Hibernia for help. He anticipated that he wouldn't need much effort since Hibernia would hold their own ground. They would just need some catalyst to win the battle. He then ride towards the other kingdom..

Lady Rose ran out seeing her father had started getting his armor on."Father..... no you are not going are you?" her voice shook in fear of what could happen her father nodded he stated "Yes those vikings are headed here so I go out with the men and help bring them down hopefully we kill them all" A brief kiss had touched her head as warm tears shed down her face."But father!" to late he had gotten on the horse and rode out. A voice from behind called out though she could not place who it belonged to at that moment. "Lady Rose inside you get can't have you out and about worrying about you." A warm hand had grasped her wrist as she couldn't tear her eyes off the fact her father rode out to slay some vikings she was pulled in the palace doors before the closed shut. Lady Rose then felt her wrist be let go so she ran to a tower window in hopes to see what was happening.Her long black curly hair had started to fly out of its bun as she ran.

Kevin left for Hibernia's aid along with selected men. He sincerely hope that his best guards and soldiers could defend against any attack the Vikings may have. He did not know for now that another kingdom had agreed to help the Vikings, but Kevin was not foolish enough to think that the Vikings are weaker should they split their attack. It was the first time that would happen if Kevin's intuition is correct, and he knows that there was going to be a surprise should that happen. He was prepared to face any possible outcome. It was for his strong and somewhat accurate intuition that the Gaul king had made him General.

The Gaul troops had already reached the borders of Hibernia when they saw that the Vikings were already slashing their way through the gates. The Hibernian soldiers were also marching quickly to defend the entrance. In his peripheral he saw what he didn't expect. He saw the king running to the battlefield. Kevin knew what he had to do. If their king had made an alliance with any kigdom, whether it be temporary, the king of that kingdom will also receive Gaul's protection. He ordered his men to charge and attack. He also noted to his men to protect the Hibernian king at all costs. Half his men locked shields to protect the other kingdom's sovereign while the other half went to slash their way through the Vikings.

Out of Character Discussion
((Visuals are nice to have. Painting a word picture is nice and having photos makes it all the more lovely and easier to imagine.

Of course, there is also music. ;) Music makes you feel! :heart: I want you to play and listen to this as you read along the scene where the vallant Sir Kevin rides to Hibernia and battle with the Hibernians against the Vikings.
[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NC4pbnFzNwk[/video]

Lady Rose had gotten to the tower she leaned forward looking out it seeing men start to fight.The vikings grew closer and closer. It was not hard to see that the enemy was at their gate. Screams lifted through the air, blood had covered most of the ground, bodies where scattered here and there. It had made her sick to look but she feared her father's safety. The king had ran out on the field she heard the shouts as the gate crashed down.

Vikings were making there way to the palace though many men were trying to stop them. Clanging of swords could be heard. Yelling from the vikings was also heard then a sight one she thought she would not see was the kingdom they where enemy's with come with troops. Yes it was true they shared strategies and fighting methods but this she had not been told that they would come to aid.Her heart pumped hard in her chest as hope had came back maybe there was a chance the kingdom would not fall.

The Gaul warriors saw that the Vikings were already at the defences of Hibernia. They quickly come to their aid, while keeping an eye of their king. Soon, with the help of the Gaul, the Vikings were slowly backing out by the strength of the combined kingdoms. It was not long when their numbers had fallen did the Vikings began to retreat.

It was a sight to behold. One might not have believed what was happening unless one saw it. The vikings had lost and retreating. A cheer was heard as the vikings retreated many of the men had started to gather the fallen and wounded comrades. Once the vikings where no longer in sight the king injured but not dead had walked up to the Gaul warriors he spoke loud and clear. "For the aid you gave us today I invite you all to stay for a feast tonight"

The statement came with a bit of shock but was accepted easily for the day was one because tow kingdoms joined forces to defeat the vikings though the day was not over yet. Alas another attack was now being made over at the kingdom of Gaul.

Back in Gaul:
The guards were watching vigilantly as ordered by the general. Then it happened as Sir Kevin had predicted. Vikings as well as some men from a far off kingdom, not Hibernia, was attacking from outside and entering Gaul territory. Despite leaving the best guards to stay, the numbers of the enemies were too much. The Gaul soldiers had blown the horns and sounded alarms, hoping that Kevin would return for help.

In Hibernia:
The horn had gotten the attention of every man woman and child about. The king of Hibernia's head had turned a curse came from his lips."To arms half of you go to Gaul we shall aid them as they had aided us!" With those words men that where not wounded so badly had taken to horse. Women came out to help gather the other wounded men the ones who could not even walk or hold a weapon. Many men stayed to help with the wounded and defend the palace in case of another attack.

Lady Rose ran from the tower and out the palace doors. Once out her hair tumbling down she ran to her father who was wounded but sat upon a horse. "Father come inside to be tended you are hurt" her blue eyes went up to search his face but his head shook no his soft words came. "No child I go. I will be tended when I get back go back inside we shall feast tonight I am sure we will win another battle"

Sir Kevin had heard the alarm coming from Gaul itself. The Hibernians heard it too as evident when they began facing the other direction. He saw the Hibernians rushing to their aid. It was a strange sight to see their enemy kingdom was helping them. Well, respect begets respect as they say If you help someone, they will return the favor should you need it.

They dashed back again, with the Hibernians following them. Kevin was glad that there were some Hibernian soldiers left to guard the castle, but he doubt that the barbarians would return for a time being. He was worried though that the Hibernian sovereign was coming along with them. He was wounded and the Gaultians hoped that he would not get any further injuries.

As king and all set off Lady Rose stood in dismay if she lost her father she would just have her uncle left unless he died too. After losing her brother to the viking attacks she had been more of a support system for the palace. She had leaned how to tend the ill even behind her fathers back for he would have told her a well born lady did not need to tend the sick. After a moment they faded in the distance so she turned and headed in the palace with the others she vowed to tend to the injured while others where away.

As Kevin and his troops arrived at Gaul along with reinforcements from Hibernia, the Gaultians were filled with renewed strength as they battle with the enemies. There was loud shouting and clanging of metal as sword and shield clash.

Soon, it was over as many Vikings fell. They retreated similar to what happened in Hibernia. There was a victory shout and the Gaul king announced a victory and declared a celebration feast. He went to the Hibernian king and thanked him and offering to have his injuries tended to.

The king nodded and thanked Sir Kevin he even went to get his injuries tended to before heading back to Hibernia. After a long moment of men getting tended to Lady Rose's father had walked up to Sir Kevin. "Sir I wish you to sit by me during the feast this eve for many men would have died today if you and these men had not come to our aid" after he said that he started to get up on his steed and head back home.

In Hibernia:
Lady Rose was wrapping a wounded leg that had been tended to. Though she had some experience she was told to wrap the wounds. It had only been because there where so many to help at the palace that she had that place among another fact was she had the least experience Tending was a load off her mind she still worried over her fathers fate but was thinking less about it for she had something else to think of.

There was a huge celebration as both kingdoms join in the feast. Gaultians and Hibernians were all mingling with each other. The Gaul king had actually came to Hibernia to join in the special occasion. Since it was a truce, he was welcome to the kingdom for now. There were food coming in from both Gaul and Hibernia.

In Hibernia:
Sir Kevin was happy. They were able to push back the barbarians. He only feared that as to why he saw some men from the far-off kingdom. He brushed these fears aside as he simply walk around the foreign kingdom as the gathering took place.

Lady Rose finished off the last wrapping when everyone returned. A feast had gotten everyone attention many had prepared it others had gotten the dinning hall ready. Lady Rose was told to change it took awhile for her to wash up and change to something more benefiting a Lady. Now dressed in a light blue dress, her hair pulled up while some curls came down framing her heart shaped face, a pearl necklace around her neck ,and diamond earrings. Lady Rose was ready for the feast. She headed down stairs seeing the fact they where going to feast with Gaul. Once in the dinning hall she stopped seeing the new people she didn't like the other kingdom much at all. Gaul was a enemy but today it seemed they would be treated like friends.

As she was down stairs she nodded to some people she knew when she felt someone bump into her.Turning around to see who had bumped into her her breath was caught for a moment for a man stood not far from her. Not just a man though a stunningly handsome man. Her green eyes looked at his face as she stood stunned as he greeted her. As her hand was taken in his warm hand she felt him kiss it and she blushed."Yes I am Lady Rose its a pleasure to meet you Sir Kevin"

Lady rose smiled politely "I am well how are you Sir Kevin? I see you fared well after the battle" Her eyes didn't leave his face though many had passed them."Yes I guess it was nice of him making a alliance with your kingdom but as you said a temporary one."Her eyes then moved away from his handsome face "Then when the vikings are not a threat our kingdoms will just be at war again there will be no laughing with each other no would there be kind words spoken." For that was the way between enemy kingdoms she knew that well.

Kevin lowered his eyes in thought. He knew well how it goes with temporary alliances though he sincerely hope that it would be different in this case; as to why it would be any different, he did not know. "I was kind of hoping that it would mean that our kingdoms will be united." he finally said. "I do not understand the hostility between kingdoms."

Lady rose looked up in his eyes and sighed after he said he hoped the kingdoms would unite. "That may not happen there are only a few ways to ensure that would happen a marriage could unite the kingdoms or peace as well as well ...." her words drifted off as her head shook in a no motion."No I am afraid I don't see a peace agreement bringing the kingdoms and unite them any time soon but I was wrong before when I thought we would never allow even a temporary peace to happen but it did happen." she opened her eyes and looked around her eyes landed on her father "Maybe you don't but I do I know why my father and this kingdom has hated yours but not why your hated ours."

Kevin looked down and thought as to their version of history. He was caught with that thought since there was a loud merry-making noise and his men had called him to join them. He was distracted and surrounded by the Gaultians who decided to celebrate their victory. He hadn't even said a proper goodbye to Lady Rose!

Lady Rose waited for a answer looking at Kevin's face. No answer came laughter and his men had came calling him over he even walked away from her without saying goodbye. Lady rose sighed and decided to walk off when her father steeped up to her "Daughter there you are! I was wondering if you would even show your face to this." She sighed "I know you would be upset and it may cause a stir if I had no shown up father is the war over now are we going to be going back to hating the Gaul kingdom?" Her question was simple but her father head shook a no "No I don't think it is over my dear but why don't you claim your usual chair at the table?" she nodded and then let her father take her to her chair where she sat the feast she knew would be served soon.

Back
Top Bottom