Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lunar Mist (Amaria and J The Lone Wolf)

Amaria

Super-Earth
"I think that is close enough, Emma."

"Yeah, they seem to be gathering up to move in, I knew they wouldn't give up."

"Take the shot already."

"If both of you don't shut up I'll rip your throat out and feed you to the wolves myself." Her voice was calm and matter of fact, but inside she was fed up with both of them. Silence returned and she looked out at the ridge through the rifle scope. "Not yet." Emma let go of the rifle letting the tripod keeping it in place. Her icy stare kept Rick and Marcus from speaking again. "We wait til some move out. For a brief moment they will be scattered. I'll take the shot then. Let me know when movement increases. Marcus and Rick exchanged glances then nodded in agreement. There were vampires spread through out the forest edge waiting for the signal of the shot.

Emma stepped back a few yards and leaned against the cool rock. She didn't want to be here, but moving to a new home was not something she wanted either. They had been here for two years and she liked it. She rested for a moment until they called to her.

"They're on the move, Emma."

Staring out over the cliff edge where his platoon’s base camp sat. Silver stared out into the night wondering what the forest below had hidden in it. Pacing back and forth trying to figure out a plan of action for his men to act upon, he ran over the viable actions he could combine to give them a plan and have it done right.
As he paced on the cliff, he remembered that here he was in an uncharted area with his men, yet he knew that Vamps frequented areas like this, but would there be any and would it yield a similar outcome like his last encounter with vamps that left him with a scar on the right side of his face over his right eye.

While he was pacing back and forth making his gear rustle and his armor shift, one of his sergeants came up to him

“Sir, we’ve received reports from the forward scout team we sent into the forest and they’ve found the remnants’ of a vampire camp. They don’t believe it’s been occupied for sometime, but they felt that you should know. What are your orders sir?”

“Sergeant, Have 2 squads check out the camp and the surrounding area for any other signs of recent activity, we need to know what else is in this forest and if there are any vamps in the area. I won’t have us ambushed or caught off guard. I also want a sniper squad deployed to the cliff above us to provide cover for the men going in to the forest. Have a scout team set up with them as well, so that we have as many eyes as possible watching the men going down there.”

“Yes Sir!”

As the sergeant ran off to give the orders he just received, silver looked out into the twilight searching for anything that may lend a sign that nothing was out there. When he didn’t see what he had hoped he would find, he turned around and headed to the command tent to make sure that everything was going smoothly. When he got closer to the camp, he could see and hear the flurry of activity that was going on at the camp, since he had given his men a mission. He wondered if everything would turn out okay or if there were vamps down there for his men to capture or kill.

She watched him descend the cliff and approach the small clearing towards his men. It appeared he was the one in charge. Kill the fearless leader as he watches over his men, that will be good for moral. Emma smiled to herself. She shifted her sights over to the one running ahead. "Aww you look uncomfortable, lets loosen you up a bit so you can relax." she softly laughed at her personal game. And pulled the trigger.

The man fell off to the side clearly dead and she quickly sighted the other man, the one she determined was the leader and pulled off another shot. The first man going down caused a commotion so he was ready. The shot hit him but she knew it wasn't fatal. "Damn!"

Her shots were the signal and vampires that had been waiting poured into the makeshift base camp in hordes. The foul smell of blood already drifting up to where she stood.

"Go." With that one word Marcus and Rick smiled and joined their comrades in the valley, the sounds of battle now echoing around. The wolves would soon realize they were severely outnumbered.

Emma didn't join them, instead she remained in the forest listening. She had no desire to watch or participate. Her and a few others stood watch should any have the strength to make it through the attack.

"You do not wish to fight my sweet?" her father walked up behind her draping his arm across her shoulder.

"No father." she laced her fingers in his hand and turned her face towards his. I'll stay here." she knew that was what he wanted to hear anyway. He wanted her safe from harm, his family had been taken away from him once before and he didn't want to lose her too.

"Very well, as you wish." after kissing the top of her head he vanished into the trees.

Emma closed her eyes and leaned on a tree and waited.

As the shots began to ring out over the cliffs, Silver shouted to his men to take cover and return fire. Not knowing where to shoot, silver quickly ducks behind a prominence and pokes out to take a view of the area to see if he can locate the shooter, Silver shouts into his radio. " Seargent, relay to your teams to advace and return fire. we will not be pinned to these cliffs. Also, have a medic and a fire team check the camp for wounded if possible."

Seeing that unknown men were pouring from the forest, silver orders his teams to advance and open fire, and to keep the agressors back. During the brief respites between communications from his officers, silver used his heightened senses to try and see if he could determine how many people they may be dealing with, but due to the abundance of noise he was unable to pinpoint the exact number of attackers.

While returning to the CP Silver felt a slight lightheaded sensation and ducked into a secluded meadow he found on the fringe of the forest to rest and see what was wrong with him. unbeknownst to him, he had recieved some cuts from debries during the fire fight. He began to reach for his com-set but suddenly lost consciousness and collapsed in the clearing.

Something was not right, it should have been over by now. The sounds were not as intense but pockets of fighting and gunshots were heard through the valley. Marcus returned to Emma's side filthy and blood covered. She spoke before he could utter a word. "Must you play so much before you kill them, you disgust me."

He grinned at her though her back was stilled turned. "But they make it irresistible, Emma." He spoke in jest but he dared not come any closer to her. "It was more difficult than we first thought. They maybe few but they are strong. Many dead on both sides but the lost is theirs, some are even retreating." he paused not sure if she would respond, she had a habit of doing that. She heard every word but responded only if she felt the desire. He shifted his weight back and forth waiting for a command or something. "You and the others going to sweep the forest for.."

"I know what needs to be done. Go finish your job." she casually waved a hand as though he were a fly, never bothering to turn and look at him.

"Very well."

He vanished as quickly as he had come and Emma left too moments later. She ran quickly in the night circling around the main fighting, or what was left of it. The vampires had begun burning bodies of the slain wolves, the stench even more sickening than the blood. That was one thing she had never become accustom to, the stench of the blood from a werewolf.

Approaching a small meadow some distance from everything else, she caught wind of a scent. Werewolf? Injured but not dead...yet. Creeping closer cautiously, knowing he could become conscious at any moment, she peered at him through the trees.

During his respite in the clearing. Silver was vaguely aware of something stalking him, he kept going in and out of consciousness and became aware that the scent of death and blood began to fill the air, so he knew that the fight was a bloodly and costly one.

He began to put things together and realized a vampire was stalking him, no doubt being brought to the area he was in by the smell of the blood from his wounds.

"I hope I will be alright." He said before he passed out again.

Emma didn't want to fight him, not that she couldn't but simply because it was a waste of her energy. To kill with no intention to feed on the blood was pointless to her. Upon closer inspection, careful to watch for sudden movements, she was sure this man was a werewolf. He had not lost too much blood but the smell was distinct.

Some vampires killed just for the sake of killing. She had no problems with that and had killed many herself. Some to feed on, some out of survival. But this lone man was not in either category. He could bleed to death and die or rest and heal as werewolves did so quickly. She could be miles away by the time either happened, but she chose to stay..to watch. She crawled closer and watched him waiting for more movement, in his condition he would be an easy kill she thought.

Coming to and sensing that he was being watched, silver made sure to move very slory and move his hidden hand to his pistol so he wouldn't be caught defenseless.

"who ever is out there, I am the leader of a werewolf military unit that was sent to survey this area and eliminate any threat here that may pose a threat to the nearby city. I have no desire to harm you if you are an ally or friend, but I will defend myself if attacked." He wondered if this individual was friend or foe. He knew there was a vampire den, or at least a abandoned one in the area. He had hopes that this would be a easy mission and that there would be no fighting, but the one for the fighting not happening had failed with the recent skirmish at the cliffs.

He also wondered if this person was somehow involved with the people that had attacked his unit. "I merely wish to talk face to face, I did not want to fight anyone or loose any of my men. I am not like some of my other comrads where I will kill vampires to get ride of them. I would rather see this war end and both sides live in peace together. Please come out and let us talk under the conditions of a temporary truce/ cease fire."

She spoke from the shadows, her voice soft and playing against his weakened mind. Emma could tell he wa still losing blood so consciousness must be a struggle for him. "And that is why you were so heavily armed?" she ended with a small laugh.

"Peace or not, you came on our land...armed. How else did you expect us to welcome you hmm? You hardly have the appearance of a friendly diplomatic representative."

" I never said I was a diplomat. I told you when I spoke my peace that I was a soldier. And as for my unit coming heavily armed, that's cause we can never be to cautious when we encounter vampiric hostility where ever we go. These are uncertain times now, and the rock that was once solid is now unsettled."

He was unsure what her angle was, since past encounters with vampires and his past didn't convince him to think differntly. And besides, the vampires attacked his group first with no provacation.

"And besides, your side attacked us without us provoking you today. We didn't mean to come here unannounced, but we were scouting this area for the higher ups in our command."

What he said was partially the truth, but he couldn't tell her any more cause he himself didn't know why they were so deep into vampire occupied territory.

She laughed, "Your intentions mean nothing, your very presence is the crime." walking forward into the clearing her form was now some what visible to him. "We protect what's ours and the punishment for trespassing is death." Emma paused the approach of two other vampires irritating her, they spoiled her game.

"What have we here Emma? Found something to talk too?" Marcus landed near the wounded werewolf a cruel smile on his lips and blood, that was not his, stained his arms and chest. Rick appear just on the other side so they surrounded him. "Finish him off already, what's left of his men have all scattered. What say we rip 'im up and deliver the pieces to his mates. Would make a charming gift." he laughed as did Marcus. Emma was annoyed, but she didn't have time to respond. Rick stepped close grabbing for the mans leg a knife in the other hand.

" You say that I have commited a crime, yet all me and my men did was scout from the cliffs which is outside of the forest. I came heavliy armed, cause past encounters with your kind has not always been pleasent ones. And why are you men surrounding me, what possible threat can I be when I am injured?"

He wondered why these men surrounded him, he was injured and even if he was a werewolf, he was not much of a threat since he couldn't change due to his injuries. He noticed the blood on one of the other vampires and knew that some more of his men had died by their hands. He wondered, would he meet the same fate or would his life be spared. Even though she was a vampire, she seemed different than the others, kind of like she had more compassion than her bretheren.

" I also ask, how is my presence a crime? How do you know if I'm not a human?"

He wondered if this little manipulative play on words would work. He hoped she was not like the others, cause he could tell they had not taken much restraint with some of his men.

"Apparently he's deaf and stupid! We can smell you wolf! Let kill 'em and be done with it. I can feel my IQ dropping in his presence Emma." Rick sliced through the mans leg severing the tendon just above the ankle, laughing wildly as he watched him thrash about.

"Enough Rick! If your going to kill him be done with it!"

"Whats wrong Emma, can't handle it?" Marko was drunk on the smell of blood and over stepped his bounds. She kicked him in the jaw, her leg flying up out of nowhere almost, flattening Marko on the ground.

"Can you? " she asked

With the amount of blood permiating the air, he could sense that a few of his men if not a lot had either died or were wounded by their attackers. He hoped that they might spare his life and take a chance on what he had said. but would his little speach be enought to convince them or would he have to do more?

"I assure you, that I mean you and your men no harm. my group and I were merely scouting the area beyond the forest fringe when you attacked us. We don't want to fight, but merely complete out survery and leave."

Would they listen and think about what he said or condemn him and the rest of his men to death cause of what they were?

Back
Top Bottom