Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP Interest Thread (Always a Work In Progress) (primarily F lf M character)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Fête Sauvage

Meteorite
Hello everyone:

My, it’s been a bit since I’ve found myself filling one of these out. I’m going to apologize in advance as I see lots of edits in my future as I remember things that I should be adding. Feel free to approach me if you are looking for information that you are not able to find: Unless it’s something overly personal, it’s probably omission out of accident rather than intention.

Without further ado, then, I suppose I should be up front and say that I am currently looking for someone willing to play a male character opposite of my female character in a one-on-one roleplay. I don’t particularly care who you are behind the keys as long as we connect in play.

While I suppose that it is not the most delicate approach, I think it’s only fair to be up front about my wants and needs. So, with that:

Scene Needs

Above all, I need someone willing to communicate with me. I need to know your ideas, I need to know what you like, and I need to know if your interest has gone south. I also need to know you are going to be receptive to my ideas, and take time to listen to them (read them.) I’m a terrible mind-reader, but I love working with people behind the scenes to make stories great for everyone involved.

It is important for me to have a balance of more story-based scenes and smut-based scenes in roleplays that I co-write. The individual percentages can, and will, vary by the story and how we connect. Simply put: ‘Sexting’ does absolutely nothing for me, and I’m not enough of a martyr to hang around for your enjoyment. If there isn’t story, character, and background, I’m not going to be a very happy partner. That doesn’t mean I don’t like smut; that does mean I need balance.

I’m certainly not the best writer with flawless prose, so I don’t expect you to be the same. I do expect you to try, though. Occasional typing errors and run-on sentences are expected in a relaxed environment, which I like. If I’m being constantly distracted by the fact that there is no capitalization in your sentences, and I have to read everything several times to understand what you are writing, though… well, it just isn’t going to work well for me.

I like to play characters; I want my partner to play characters. Due to past interactions, I generally get very comfortable when I start thinking someone is blurring the lines between me and my characters. Consequently, I would have to have known you a VERY long time before I even thought of playing someone close to myself in role play. For similar reasons, I’m not particularly enthusiastic when I hear someone wants to play “a version of themselves”. It just tends to lead to places I don’t want to go, sorry. While it’s not an absolute “out”: if you want to play a version of you, or you want me to play a version of me, I’m probably going to tell you no unless I know you well already.

On a slightly similar note: That means you need to be willing to own and develop characters. I try to be understanding of everyone’s style, but if I have a face-claim, a fully formed background in my head, vivid descriptions and tastes, and my partner isn’t even keeping his character’s first name consistent: We have a problem.

I do third person roleplays only. That doesn’t mean I’m going to react negatively if someone slips up once or twice, but this is fairly non-negotiable with me. Again, it blurs boundaries that I have learned I do not want blurred.

I don’t care how dominant or submissive our characters are to each other. You do not get to be possessive of me outside of our roleplay. Similarly, I do not get to be possessive of you.

Scene Wants

I tend to be a bit heavy when it comes to the descriptions and writing. I’ve seen worse, but… well, I definitely am on the longer side of writing style. Fortunately I DO tend to fall in line a bit with what I see others writing. Still, I generally like to at least see a couple of paragraphs when I open a message, at least once we get going. There are times that style is not appropriate; there are also times when you are just stuck and need your partner to motivate you a bit. I understand; that’s fine, I don’t mind the occasional two-sentence response. I’m just saying: Generally speaking, I like a longer form. Similarly, if you really hate partners that have longer writing styles, I’m probably not going to be anyone you will enjoy much.

While I both play submissives and play dominants opposite of submissives, I consider “submissive” and “passive” two notably different things. I do not like playing passive characters. I do not like playing opposite of passive characters. I realize ‘passive’ is a bit of a vague term. I generally see passive as being people who have little opinion or passion about things; they generally want “whatever you want”. Similarly, roleplay with passive characters often breaks down into the more active character doing something, and the passive character simply reacting. I understand this is more or less “submission” in the eyes of some people; please, do not expect me to be this kind of submissive. Please ,do not ask to play this kind of submissive opposite me. If you, as the typist, are this kind of submissive: please be prepared for me to contact you, attempting to nicely persuade you to put more passion, personality, and creativity in the role. Please, do not expect me to be flattered if you “want to do whatever I want”, and do not expect me to ever tell you the same.

So, now that I’ve probably scared away about half of you that I wanted to, and another half I really sadly didn’t, I guess it is time to talk about scenes:
Generally speaking, I will welcome playing any genre. There are certain genres, such as science fiction, that I will be the first to admit are not my weakest. If approached by a person who wants me to play opposite of them in a genre I see myself weak at, I generally will just be open and honest about it: Provided I think we will be good writing partners, I will tell them I am happy to play. However, I will stress that for a bit they may be bearing more of the creative burden than I would ideally like while I am working to adapt my style to the unfamiliar environment. It’s certainly not intentional -- I just have more confidence as a writer when telling some stories compared to others. The only way to get better is to practice and learn from people who do the genre better than me, though.

Current Interests and Inspirations:

I am currently finding myself drawn to playing slightly submissive, “innocent” characters whose lives are somehow challenged or changed in some way. This could be very classical like the “sheltered girl getting involved with the world-wise male” or “getting involved in a dangerous affair to escape a loveless marriage”. This could also be very unconventional, even fantastical, like the character stumbling into a new world, or turning to criminal activity.

I am particularly drawn to some criminal elements lately in regards to this, but that is not a requirement by any means. Perhaps a picture is worth a thousand words. Images like this, this, and this, have been catching my lately. They seem like interesting couples. I want to know their story.

Buyer beware: Do take note of my lack of taste in playing passive characters, despite this current interest. Just because that is how the story starts, please don’t expect the “innocent” character to fall in line with wherever and whatever, particularly once the story begins to progress. I fully expect and hope that both characters would eventually find themselves quite challenged and changed by circumstances.

F-List. Short and easy interpretation of my F-list for those not wanting to click an outside link: Lean towards sub, but will switch it up. Vanilla is good, Kink is nice, rough is great. Keep your fists and your bathroom functions to yourself; I'll do the same.

Please respond via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom