Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Consciously Artistic Endeavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlluringEnigma

Wet Narcissist
Hey there!

So, this thread is a bit weird. I already have a main request thread for the random twisted thoughts that enter my head, so what's this one for? Well, it's something wholly different from the other thread. Normally when I write on this site, it's for the purpose of plot-based smut. Don't get me wrong, that's the most wonderful thing in the world. Lemme take that back, computers are the most wonderful thing ever. Plot-driven roleplays are one of the most wonderful things that can be done on such devices. Anyways, back to the long and twisty road towards a point.

When I write a roleplay post, it's fairly easy. The characters almost live in my head, partially because most of them are simply exaggerations of a single one of my personality traits. The only hard part about roleplaying is working through any disinterest that may arise from developments in my personal life. (I know right, not sure why I haven't killed all my friends, locked the door to my house from the inside and had all my food delivered by air). I haven't spent very long roleplaying, a fact I've discovered by reading the profiles of the lovely people here while stalking for potential victims, I mean writing partners. In fact, I've only been roleplaying since sometime in 2013. However, I have been an avid writer for most of my life, even if most of my body of work makes me cringe every time I go back and read it.

What I've noticed, yes this is a request thread stick with me, is that there's really only one major difference between roleplaying and "writing". When F Scott Fitzgerald wrote "The Great Gatsby", he wrote a letter to a friend describing his effort as "A Consciously Artistic Endeavor". And this is the major difference I've noticed between the two. A roleplay is a series of points, a checklist so to speak, inhabited by characters. The only interesting thing in a roleplay is how characters deal with those checkpoints. (Definitely not bashing roleplaying right now, considering I write more checklists than anything else, and I think it serves its purpose wonderfully.) Gatsby, or whatever other masterpiece comes to mind, is anything but. It's a book about style, it's not about the events of the book, but how they're told.

And this is where I finally get to the request part (HA! Take that moderators!). I want to roleplay something consciously artistic. That's not to say it needs a definied plot with symbolism, themes and the like, but rather the story being told needs to be enthralling. The kind of story where every paragraph, there's something that looks like every word was purposeful, where every sentence flows beautifully together. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly" is a great example, from Gatsby. "I wasted time and now time doth waste me" from Richard II by Shakespeare is another beautiful line.

Let me be clear, this is still smut. If I wanted to write a regular story, then I'd do it by myself or with someone I already knew. Not only that, but I want to see if topics that don't befit polite conversation nowadays can still create something beautiful. We can certainly talk kinks and the like before we start. In this case, they're secondary, so I'd be up for most things.

So let me lay out, in plain terms, what I'm looking for in a partner for this. Most importantly, an extremely strong grasp and use of English is necessary. For the most part, I don't particularly care about writing skill, but this one is for someone who can write with flair and confidence. Commitment is a must. Please, please, please don't entice me if you're just going to up and leave. This is a long-term roleplay, something that should be a masterpiece by its conclusion, if you're looking for something shorter, I'm sure my regular request thread will be of much more interest. Creativity is also required, a story that's been saud a thousand times is not a better story because the language is more flowery. Grammar and spelling are a must. I'm not asking for a roleplay post consisting of obscure thesaurus entries, but I am looking for something that "flows". And finally, a willingness to spend time on a reply. This isn't something that should be posted on the first draft. Read through the post, see if there's anything that's wasting space, or contrarily if there's something that needs to be expounded upon. That's all I can think of at the moment, hopefully the type of person I'm looking for is quite evident.

I don't really know if anyone will be up for this, but I figured I'd see if there was interest. I'm going to include a short snippet below of the kind of thing I'm looking for. This isn't about length, though 3 or 4 paragraphs minimum seems pretty obvious, but rather quality. Thanks for reading, I know I'm a bore. There's no prize for reading this entire fuck-off size post beside my gratitude, unfortunately.

"The wind blew through the land, a hostile bite to the gentle breeze that wound its way through the valley. Once, between the scarred hills and broken tree-trunks, there had been a bustling town whose name had long been forgotten to the ages of time. Houses had sent puffs of smoke to the heavens in the winters and children had roamed across the valley with a cheerful note in their screams during the summers. The heavens shone down on this town, blessing it with an aura of safety and a solitude from the world, until one day, they didn't. All that remains of the town now are the hollow husks of buildings, inhabited only by the echoing joy of its blissfully naive inhabitants; a relic of a generation long lost to the winds of change."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom