Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Only Takes One Night-- {TooManyThoughts & guitarfan2810}

Charlie put his shorts and shirt on reluctantly. He could just stay in his room with her all night. Before they opened the door, Charlie kissed her deeply.

When they stopped out he froze a second. Then he sighed. "Laura...just let us explain." Then before he knew it, she slapped her and grabbed her hair. "Laura! Stop it!" He grabbed her and got her to let go of her hair. "Chill out!"

Charlie stood between the two women. "First of all, what the hell are you doing here? You have no right walking in here. This isn't my house, it's Dean's. We broke up." He looked at her had his hand extended to keep her back. "This...this craziness and controlling nature is why the we broke up."

"Look, I met her one night when I was out at the bar. Neither of us knew who the other was. I didn't technically find out until our party. Your friend had no idea. I had no idea. There is no reason to pissed at her. If anything this was me. Sorry...we are over." He watched her but continued to stay between them.

Emily was breathing fast because she was so scared for her baby, standing half hidden behind Charlie when he stepped in between them and talked to Laura. Her cheek was stinging but she didn't care. Her arms were wrapped around her lower stomach, protecting the life growing inside her.

Laura listened to what Charlie had to say but she was still furious. "She took you away from me" she whined suddenly and glared at Emily before looking back at Charlie. "She was my friend in high school but she was always envious of me Charles. Please, you have to see that she is taking you away from me" she kept stating.

Emily felt cold shivers running down her spine. "I didn't take anyone....I was never envious of you. You always were controlling everyone around you...I was just too young to understand."

Laura glared at her to make her shut up and then kept looking at Charlie. "I asked the janitor to let me in. I was hoping for you to be home....I wanted to talk to you about us Charles, I can change. Just...come back to me." She begged and wrapped both her hands around his outstretched hand.

Emily closed her eyes and shook her head. But when she suddenly felt dizzy and a stinging pain in her stomach, she gasped for air. "Charlie..." she groaned and grabbed the back of his shirt to hold herself steady. She didn't want Laura to know about the baby but the pain was scaring her and she knew she needed to get to a doctor, fast.

Charles sighed. "She didn't take me away from you. This never was going to work. We are two different people Laura." He rolled his eyes when the two girls argued.

"You can't just ask the janitor to let you in a house that isn't yours Laura. That makes you look crazy." He shook his head and let out a sigh. He didn't believe she could change. "It's who you are Laura."

Charlie turned and looked at Emily. Something was wrong and he could tell. He looked at Laura. "You need to go. I'll call you later okay?" Charlie was trying like hell to get rid of her and quickly before she knew anything was going on with Emily. He would get Emily to the hospital to make sure she was okay. As well as the baby. "I promise, I'll call you later. We can talk about it in private." He looked into her eyes so she knew he meant it when he said he'd call.

When Charlie began to throw her out so suddenly, just because Emily whined about something Laura didn't understand, her anger rose again. Laura squinted her eyes at him, not believing one word of his promise. "You'll see what you get from kicking me out of here!" she hissed. With her nose held up high, she stalked out of the apartment and down to her car. Oh she wasn't going anywhere. She would watch and see what those two assholes were about to do without her.

"Charlie I want to go see a doctor...something feels wrong" Emily begged softly, still holding her stomach with one hand.

The pregnant redhead looked up at Charlie, fear in her eyes, fear for their baby.

"That's a way to win me back Laura...you will never change..." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. He knew she wouldn't leave.

Charlie agreed to take her to the hospital. "Alright. We probably will have company...be aware of that." He gave her a kiss. "I'm so sorry." Charlie grabbed his keys and walked out to his car. He opened the door for her and then got in himself to drive to the hospital.

He held her hand. "It's going to be okay Em. It will be okay." He kissed her hand. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that." Charlie would be looking for a new place to live, and a place that Emily could live with him so she didn't have to do anything alone. His thumb caressed her hand as he looked back in his mirror for Laura.

Emily grabbed her purse and walked to the car with Charlie. As she got in, she closed her eyes and put the seat belt on and leaned her head back against the headrest.

"You don't have to be sorry Charlie. It's my fault. And her fault." She sighed and brought his hand to her lips to gently kiss it and press it against her cheek. "I'm scared....to loose you and the baby." She told him softly, looking over at him for a moment. "I'm so sorry I messed all of this up for you but at the same time I am not sorry Charlie. You deserve so much more than her."

She groaned a bit and rubbed her hand over her stomach when it hurt again. "Tell me something...please...just...distract me" she changed the topic, squeezing his hand tightly. "Tell me...about your work. I don't really know what you do, we never talked about it because we always end up in a bed." She managed to chuckle at that and turned her head to look over at Charlie, concentrating on him instead of the pain and her fear.

Laura followed them, but made sure to leave a few cars between herself and Charlie's car at any time. That he even dared to go outside in this stupid shorts and this t-shirt.....ugh...and this bitch of his, wearing his clothes. It made her so furious that she grabbed the steering wheel more tightly.

"It's not your fault. You won't lose me. I promise." He squeezed her hand. "It will be okay." He knew he deserve better than Laura and that was why he broke it off with her. He was only telling her things to get her to calm down and leave.

"I'm a contractor. I will go out to different construction sites that we have and make sure everything is in order. I have a construction business so I have different crews working at different sites. Sometimes I work from my office. Sometimes I work on site. I know Laura hated it, but I love it. I love working with my hands and seeing things built from raw materials to houses, businesses, schools. Anything." He smiled at her.

Maybe he should just build a house for them. A house that fit their needs and wants. He could do that.

Charlie got them to the hospital and parked by the emergency door. "Go on in. I'll park and make sure we are alone. Okay?" He leaned over and kissed her.

It me Emily feel strangely proud to hear that Charlie was working with his hands. She smiled over at him as she listened to him talk about the work he did. "You sound proud and happy when you talk about your job. There's nothing better and it makes me happy to hear you like this." She told him when he pulled up to the emergency room entrance of the hospital.

"Okay. Hurry" she said softly and returned his kiss lovingly before she got out of the car.

Emily went straight inside and told the nurse at the front desk what was wrong and that she was pregnant. The nurse took her information and told her to wait for another moment.

Laura had seen the kiss and was raging inside her car. She parked her car and got ready to go into the hospital to find out what was going on.

Laura really didn't care for his job. She thought he could be doing something better. But he loved his job. "Thank you babe." He smiled.

He gave Emily a nod to hurry in. He found a parking spot and got out and speed walked to the hospital. He was about to go inside when he saw Laura.

"You need to leave. You're turning fucking psycho. Leave us alone or I will get a restraining order and so will Emily." He shook his head and walked past her. "And sorry but due to privacy laws they won't tell you anything. Go home."

He walked inside and looked around for Emily. He told the desk he was her boyfriend to get to go back with her.

Laura was taken aback when Charlie spoke of a restraining order. She only did this out of love, couldn't he see? She waited until he was inside and then followed him but carefully. She watched how he spoke to the nurse who pointed him towards Emily.

Emily smiled at Charlie when she saw him. Just when she got up, a male nurse came up to her, got her into a wheelchair. When Charlie had joined them, they brought Emily away to an examination room.

Laura waited until they were gone, then walked up to the nurse station and pretended to be worried and in a pancik. "Excuse me, I got a call from my sister, Emily Foster. Can you tell me where she is and what is wrong with her?" She asked the nurse who mustered her for a moment. Without hesitating much, the nurse then told her about the pregnancy and the issues Emily had. She also told Laura to sit down in the waiting area as Emily was being examined.

Back in the examination room, Emily was helped onto the stretcher by the nurse. "Lay here miss please. A doctor will be with you any second now." He promised and then left them alone.

Emily ran her hand over her stomach gently and sighed, looking up at Charlie. "I hope I am making a big fuss about everything..." She mumbled and reached for his hand just when the door opened again. A female doctor came inside, a tall, pretty blonde who had her hair pulled up in a pony tail.

"Miss Foster, what is the matter?" She asked gently and then sat down at a desk in the room, ready to take some notes as Emily told her that she was pregnant and experiencing pain.

"Alright. When did you sleep last?" she asked and Emily had to answer honestly. "Two days ago. I guess. Not much though" she answered and grimaced a little. "Couldn't really sleep last night." The doctor just nodded and typed it into the computer.

"And eaten?" she asked and looked over at Emily. "I ate some breakfast and a bit for lunch." She replied and the doctor typed it down again.

"Physical exhaustion? Sports or sex?" she asked and Emily blushed. "Uh...well, yes. Only an hour or so ago" she answered quietly. The doctor smiled and nodded.

"Well, let's have a look at your baby now." She told them both and got over to Emily. It took only a moment to push up Emily's shirt and reveal her stomach. The gel that the doctor spread out was feeling cool and Emily grimaced a bit. The doctor then went ahead and looked at their baby silently.

Emily looked to the screen and then up to Charlie, still so scared that she had hurt their baby.

Charlie held her hand and gave it a kiss. "It's going to be okay. I'm sure it's nothing." He caressed her hand.

When the doctor came in and she voiced not sleeping well he was a bit concerned. He didn't like that and would see if he could do something to help with that. Then he couldn't help but smile at their activities they had previously.

He kissed her had and ran fingers through her hair as he held her hand and watched the screen. He was sure the baby was okay. But it was best to know for sure. Plus he'd take the time to hear the heartbeat and see their child again.

They could hear the heartbeat of their child again and Emily sighed at the sound. It was faster than it had been in the morning but at least it was still beating.

The doctor finished her exam and cleaned Emilys stomach for her.

"Your baby's heart is beating a little bit too fast right now. I assume you had a lot of stress recently?" she looked at Emily with worry, who nodded and squeezed Charlie's hand tightly.

"You need to take better care of yourself Miss Foster. No more stress. You need to eat more and more regularly. And sleep. I'll write you off for work for the next two days. You need to relax, eat and sleep. No stress, no extreme sport." She said, getting back to her computer. She typed something in and printed something out that would get Emily out of work for the next two days.

"Let your boyfriend take care of you." the doctor said as she handed Emily the paper. The doctor then looked at Charlie. "Don't let her move around too much anymore today. No stress at all." She told him firmly and then pointed at the wheelchair. "Do your baby a favor and use that. At least for today." She suggested, then shook both their hands and left the room to see her next patient.

Emily rubbed her face and sighed. She looked exhausted and slightly defeated. And she felt horrible, she had hurt their baby and risked his or her health. "Let's get home. Or... Dean's place. I still have my clothes there." she mumbled, slightly out of it.

Charlie too was relieved when they heard the heartbeat. He kissed her temple.

He squeezed her hand back and kissed her hand. When the doctor told her everything she shouldn't be doing, Charlie had to ask, "Does sex count as an extreme sport?"

Charlie shook her hand. "I'll take care of her. Thank you Doc." He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her cheek. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. " He kissed her head and helped her up into the wheelchair. "Do you want to stay at Dean's or I can stay with you at your place for a few days." He wheeled her out to the car. "I'm so sorry this happened...Laura is freaking crazy." Charlie took her out to the car and helped her in from the chair. "I'll be right back." He jogged the wheelchair back to the hospital and ran back. He was gone only a minute before getting back to his car and drive off.

The doctor shook her head at Charlie's question. "No, it doesn't. Just don't over do it." She said and laughed lightly.

Emily felt stupid, sitting in the wheelchair, but she would do anything to make sure her baby was doing okay. "I am fine with staying at Dean's place. I don't want you to have any trouble though." She answered honestly and then let him help her into the car.

When Charlie returned, Emily smiled over at him. "This is not your fault Charlie. Laura is crazy....but I guess I should not have slept with her fiancé." She shrugged a little and then sighed, rubbing her stomach.

"I don't want to concentrate on the bad things though. I just refuse to do that. I want to concentrate on our baby, on us. The doctor was right, all that stress, all my worries about raising my baby alone before I met you again...I don't want all that anymore. I want to be happy with you. And I hope that you want that too." She leaned her head back against the headrest and watched him drive back to Dean's place.

"Can you bring me home tomorrow morning when you are going to work? Can I visit you at work and take you out on a lunch break?" She asked, clearly not wanting to think about all the bad stuff that could happen or that had happened.

Charlie smiled, "We both slept together and I do not regret that...may not have been the best situation, but it is not something I regret." He held her hand as he drove and caressed it gently.

"You don't have to do this alone. Definitely not something you have to do. You have me through all of this." He stopped at a light and looked at her. "Of course I can take you home tomorrow. But you don't have to come for lunch. You should be resting."

Once they got back to Dean's, he got Emily comfortable. He made sure she had enough pillows and blankets and went to get their dinner started for real this time, and get her some food in here. "You really need to make sure you eat. The doctor even said. So we will be having three meals a day. Even if they are small. Do you want some water or something?" He smiled at her.

Emily got comfortable on the couch and let Charlie help her with a blanket. She could watch him cook and she liked that, but she would have liked it even more if she could help.

"Okay, okay. It's not like I didn't eat before. I just forgot sometimes because of the stress, especially the last few days. I know that makes me a bad mom possibly but I promise to be better from now on." She answered and then nodded some. "I would love some water. And some apple juice. But only if Dean has that. Don't make a big fuzz about me okay?" She said with a smile, looking over at Charlie.

"Will Dean be okay with me staying over?" She asked, leaning her head back as she closed her eyes for a little bit. "Should we tell him about Laura?"

Charlie grabbed her a bottle of water and got her a big glass of apple juice. "You're not a bad mom. It's not a huge deal. Just think about the baby too. Okay." He walked into her setting the stuff on the stand next to her. He leaned down and kissed her softly. "Don't say you're a bad mom..." He said softly looking into her eyes. "I know you will be a wonderful mom." He kissed her again softly before going back to the kitchen.

"Dean won't care. And yes...I will talk to him about it. Let him know. He can't stand her. So trust me he will be more than happy for you to be here that means she's far away." He chuckled. Charlie let her rest as he worked on dinner.

When it was ready he brought a plate in for her and handed it to her with silverware. "I wanted to bring something by you..." He said sitting at the other end of the couch. "How do you feel about me getting a house and you moving in with me?" He wanted a place they all could live together. He needed a new place and he wanted to be near her anyway with the baby. "I know it's crazy we don't even know how well we will work, but we can get a big place. Like three bedrooms. One for the baby and then you can have your own too if you want or if you want to stay with me, that would be okay too and we'd have a guest room." He shrugged as he took a bite of food. "What's your thoughts?"

Back
Top Bottom