Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Only Takes One Night-- {TooManyThoughts & guitarfan2810}

Outside, Emily took a deep breath and then yelped lightly when she was pulled to the side of the building. She listened to Charlie and stared into his eyes, wishing that she could just fall in his arms and kiss him.

"Charlie... If you want to leave her..." she started, wanting to say that she didn't believe him. But how could she not? She sighed and shook her head, then looked up at him again. Her hands reached out to gently grab his arms. "If you want leave her, I will be with you every step of the way. No matter what it means for us, if there will be an us or if we're just going to be two single parents... That's another thing to decide. But I want you to be happy."

She smiled softly, moving closer. "I will support you if you leave her. But I cannot be around you if you don't. I can't stand seeing you like this." Her last words were whispered and as if to make sure he believed her that she would support him, she stood on her toes and kissed him lovingly.

Charlie kissed her back softly. "I understand. I don't blame you for not being able to stand by if I stay with her. I'm not asking you to do that." He looked in her eyes and his heart was racing from the kiss. "I'm going to talk to her okay? I'm going to leave. You know how she is. It just may take some time." His thumbs rubbed her sides.

"Let me know how I can contact you though. I don't want you leaving and not be able to find you again." He kissed her again softly.

"If you want to go home, I'll have the driver take you home okay? Are you okay?" Charlie looked at her with worry and concern. "Can I do anything?" His eyes looked in hers.

Emily hated that the kiss ended so soon, but she sighed softly and accepted it. Now was not their time.

When he asked if he could do anything, she bit her lower lip for a moment, hesitating with her answer.
"Come with me. Spend the night at my place. Nothing has to happen... Just... Just be with me." She finally brought out, looking up at him with hope in her eyes.

"But if you can't, then I understand. I just want to be with you. I would even stay here if it meant I could stay close to you for a little longer." She shrugged softly, not knowing if she was talking too much. "I'll give you my phone number. Then you can contact me."

Charlie looked away. He wasn't sure if he could get away to stay with her. It was his bachelor party. He let out a sigh. "Emily...I'd love to just be with you. I would. But..." He motioned back to the club. "I don't know how to leave and things not look suspicious. I need to think of how to tell her." His hand reached up and caressed her cheek.

"Maybe we can get together tomorrow?" His eyes looked into hers as his thumb caressed her cheek. "Sound okay to you?" He smiled at her.

His hand dug into his pocket to pull his phone out and he handed it to her. "Put your number in. With not being able to come tonight, the least I could do is message you. How does that sound?" He gave her another small soft kiss.

He was completely right and Emily knew it. They could not just run away together and pretend like that was how it was supposed to be. He was engaged, he had a live with Laura. And Emily couldn't just barge into that life.

She leaned into his touch on her cheek and nodded, smiling away the pain she was feeling. "Yes, tomorrow sounds good." She admitted and then took his phone when he handed it to her.

After returning the kiss softly she typed in her phone number and then handed the phone back to him. "I guess you should go back inside. She will come looking for you otherwise." Emily reminded him and smiled up at Charlie. But she couldn't help it. She had to lean in and kiss him, long and soft, desperate almost. After a few moments, she leaned her forehead against his and closed her eyes. "Goodnight Charlie."

Charlie could see the pain in her eyes and it hurt him. He hated she was hurting because of him and their situation. His thumb caressed her cheek.

He kissed her back with a smile, but then the smile quickly faded. It was the fact she slapped him back to reality. "Yeah. I probably should." He let out a sigh. He returned her kiss with a passionate kiss. "Goodnight Emily." He said softly but didn't let go until she pulled away. One of the drivers was going to take her home and come back for everyone else.

Charlie made sure she got in the car safely before heading back inside. The minute he got inside Laura was there yelling into his ear, asking where he was. He told her she was with one of her friends who wasn't feeling well and needed to go home. He left it that. Once he was sitting down he found Emily's number on his phone and texted her, "I miss you already..."

Emily sat in the car and leaned her head against the window, watching the lights of the illuminated city in the dark pass by her window. The driver brought her back to her apartment at the outskirts of the town and while Emily was sad that she had to leave Charlie behind, she was also glad that she had finally told him that she was pregnant with his wife. And maybe, just maybe, he would be strong enough to stand up to Laura and leave her.

Emily sighed and closed her eyes, then reached for her phone when it buzzed. With a sad smile she read the message before she answered. "I wish you were here, with us...."

She hit send and pressed the phone back into her purse, then gently rubbed her hands over the still small, yet growing bump.

In the club, Brad walked up to Charlie, concern in his voice. "Hey, have you seen Emily? She wasn't feeling well but I cannot find her."

Charlie checked his phone and smiled at the reply back. He simple just replied back with, "Tomorrow." His phone then went into his pocket.

He let out a sigh and tried to have a good time but it was hard with knowing Emily was home, alone. He wished he could be with her but with Laura, it wouldn't be an easy task.

"Oh...uh...yeah she wanted to go home, so I had the driver take her home so she could rest. I'm sure she is fine man." He gave him a smile and patted his arm. He ordered another round of drinks for everyone.

Brad frowned a little and nodded. "Alright. I'll go look after her. Thank you. And thank you for the evening. Have fun!" Brad said with a smile at Charlie and then waved goodbye.

He left the club and found one of the drivers. He called Emily before he had one of the drivers get him there.

Emily was glad that she didn't have to be alone for the evening and told Brad that he was welcome to come over. She didn't want to be that kind of woman who just sat around and waited for the next day when Charlie would hopefully come and see her. It was bad enough that she had fallen in love head over heels for a man that was about to marry a friend of hers. But she wouldn't let herself become the woman who waited for him, who trusted that he would leave his soon to be wife to be with her.

Emily had read Charlie's reply and sighed deeply. She wasn't going to reply again. It was useless, there was nothing else to say for the night.

When she came home, she changed into something more comfortable, got some ice cream out and started a movie while she waited for Brad.

Charlie instantly got jealous that Brad was going over there to be with her. That guy needed to back off. But what right did he have to say anything. Besides the fact that he was the father of the child she was carrying. But there wasn't many people who knew that. Charlie checked his phone and started to text Emily but stopped. He didn't want to be that jealous guy. But he was jealous.

Laura was starting to get annoyed that Charlie had drank so much, but he didn't care. He needed to figure out a way to tell her about Emily. After awhile they started to head back to Laura's. In the care while Laura rambled about something, he pulled his phone out and sent Emily a text, "Brad come over?" His phone went into his pocket as he looked out the window.

Brad had arrived at Emily's and knocked on the door. He just wanted to be with her as he really liked her.

Laura and Charlie arrived back at home and he got ready for bed. He put on a pair of shorts and tshirt. His hand ran through his hair before getting comfortable to try to sleep.

When Brad came over and knocked, Emily opened the door to her apartment and smiled at him. They hugged and Brad came in, then they both got settled on the couch. Emily leaned against his side and sighed softly.

She heard her phone and grabbed it from the table, looking at the text from Charlie. "Did you tell Charlie you're coming over?" She asked Brad, looking up from him with her head on his shoulder.

Brad nodded and turned his gaze away from the TV. "I did. Why?"

Emily shrugged and showed him the message. Brad started grinning widely and squeezed Emily closer a little. "I think someone is jealous. I guess he hasn't heard the news yet." He chuckled and kissed her forehead, then turned his gaze back to the TV, still chuckling a little.

Emily didn't understand the joke but she was too tired to ask about it. She texted Charlie back. "Yes, he did. He's staying over night." She put her phone back again and then closed her eyes, slowly drifting off into a light sleep while Brad watched the movie.

Charlie felt his phone go off and saw it was from Emily and that Brad was staying over. What was the point of him telling Laura he couldn't be with her if Emily was going to just spend nights with someone else. He shook his head and put his phone on the stand by the bed.

Laura started lecturing him about drinking too much and embarrassing her in public. "I was fine. How did I embarrass you? I didn't get aggressive or fall on my ass. Why do you care?"

"Because we are getting married and we need to have a good public image Charles."

"Yeah well...it was my bachelor party. Things happen..." He shook head as he almost let the cat out of the bag about him not being sure about getting married, but he didn't want to get into it while he was so tired. Plus he thought it would be smart to talk to Emily first. Maybe she changed her mind and wanted Brad. The thought made him mad. "I'm going to sleep..." He closed his eyes and from the alcohol, was asleep before long.

In the morning he got up to go for a run. It was early with the sun still working on coming up. He grabbed his phone and shot Emily a text, "Wow replaced already." He was still jealous and he had no idea why.

Emily woke up in the early morning when her phone made the sound of a new message. She blinked a few times, then rolled on her side and grabbed her phone, reading the message.

Frowning, she read the message three times before everything clicked into place. Now Brad's joke made sense. And now she understood why Charlie seemed to be jealous. With a shake of her head, Emily answered right away. "You need to come here. Please. I need to talk to you. You're not replaced."

She added her address and then send the message, putting her phone down as she rolled on her back and sighed deeply. This was confusing and she knew that it was only the start of everything. If Charlie chose her, there would be much more stress and fights coming her way. What was strange was, that she knew he was worth it. Their child was worth it.

With a sigh she got up and stretched a little, hoping that Charlie would decide to come to her place right away.

Brad was still asleep next to her and felt her move. He just snuggled up to her even more.

Charlie got the text and read it. "Let me know when he leave and I will. I'm not going over there when he's still there." He got dressed for his run and looked at Laura still asleep in bed. After letting out a sigh he put his shoes on and got up. It would be a huge fight when he told her about having to call off the wedding.

On his run he tried to figure out how he was going to tell her. He also wondered what Emily wanted to talk about. Was she telling him she wanted Brad? Why did she have to get involved with that guy anyway? He shook his head and ran a bit faster to let out some steam. After his run he showered and grabbed a banana and yogurt for breakfast. He shot Dean a text asking how he was feeling. He had a feeling the guy was going to be hung over, as he had a small headache himself. He also told him if Laura asked later, they were hanging out, he needed to see Emily.

He then waited for his reply back from her as he hoped Laura wouldn't wake up till he was already gone.

Emily had dozed off again and only woke up about an hour after the last reply came. She rolled her eyes at the reply and sighed, shaking her head a little.

"You're being silly Charlie... Brad is gay. He's my best friend for a long time now. He has a boyfriend who is in Europe right now because of his work. That's what I wanted to tell you." She typed and hit send, then freed herself from Brad and got out of the bed.

But Emily was suddenly angry with Charlie and typed another message. "Why are you jealous? As far as I know you are still choosing Laura and not me or our child."

She huffed and shook her head, then went into her kitchen to get herself a glass of water. Her gaze fell on the picture of her child that she had pinned on the fridge. It was the first picture that she had gotten from the doctor. There wasn't much to see but Emily still loved it. She tried to calm down, stress was bad for the baby, but felt that it was hard to calm down without being able to really talk to Charlie about all of this because he was jealous and stubborn.

Charlie got the reply and let out a sigh. He had no idea and how it looked, Brad seemed to be more than a friend from the view of others. "Well how was I supposed to know that? And I didn't know if he knew our business." That was the other part of it. Yeah he was jealous but he didn't want a lot of people knowing about him and Emily and the baby. At least not till he had a chance to talk to Laura. He didn't want the news coming back to her before he had the chance to talk to her.

He left a note for Laura saying he was with Dean before heading to Emily's. He had on jeans and a t-shrit. He got to her house and went up to the door and knocked.

He had no idea how the meeting with Emily would go. He was hoping to have some time to talk to her about things and maybe spend time with her but he felt a little weird if Brad was there to talk about things that should be done in private.

Emily gasped at the term he used. "Our business." She mumbled and decided it was best not to answer because she was so angry. She went to take a shower and then put on a pair of jeans and a shirt. Her hair was still damp and smelling of the herbal shampoo she used when she began to pace through the living room, still angry.

Brad had gotten ready while Emily was showering. He would just grab a taxi home and call Emily later.

Emily was still pacing when there was a knock in the door that she didn't really seem to hear. Brad opened the door and smiled at Charlie. "Hey. Come in. I don't know what you wrote but she's mad." He told Charlie while he grabbed his jacket and walked out of the apartment. "Oh, small survival tip. If she gets hungry, she gets mad. Always keep her fed." He winked at Charlie and then patted his shoulder before he left him alone with the furious Emily.

It was nice of Brad to give him the heads up on her being mad and how to help her. "Thanks. On both words of advice." He would tread lightly.

Charlie sighed and walked in to where she was. "Hey..." He had no idea it was the last text that made her mad. "Look I'm sorry. I didn't know about Brad. I thought he was into you and that's not that surprising with how amazing you are." He walked over and grabbed her hand.

"Does he know about the baby? Who all knows about the baby and that I'm the father." That seemed an easier question to ask.

Emily looked up and stopped pacing when Charlie approached her. She let him hold her hand and just listened at what he had to say.

"He knows about our business." She said, almost spitting out the last word.
"Because he's my friend and I needed someone to talk to. This business as you like to call it, changed my life quite a lot already. And I needed to talk to someone. And yes, yesterday I told Brad that you are the father."

She pulled her hand back and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "No one else knows though. Aside from your friend Dean, I think he heard it last night."

Emily then left him and walked to the kitchen, getting the picture of her baby. She handed it to Charlie, the black and white image of something forming in her belly. "Maybe you want to look at what you like to call our business."

Emily didn't like herself in that moment. Her hormones were driving her crazy and that was the reason why she obsessed so much over this one little word. She wanted to cry and yell and forget about it all at the same time and it drove her nuts that she was like this.

Charlie was picking up on what was wrong. "I think you miss understood what I was trying to say. I didn't mean the baby was business. But our situation with Laura and everything we decide to do is between us. Our business not someone else's business." He let out a sigh.

He took the ultrasound photo and looked at it. "I don't really know what I'm looking at..." He smiled. "But I'm sure they are beautiful."

He looked at her and she was beautiful so he could only imagine that their child would be a well. "I'm hungry. I haven't really had much to eat. Up for breakfast? I can run somewhere and get something." He didn't think going out was wise until they talked things over. He was trying Brad's advice on feeding her.

Oh how stupid she felt after his explanation. Her shoulders dropped forward and Emily looked at the ground, feeling so bad that she had snapped at him.

At first she seemed to ignore his suggestion of food but reacted after a moment. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she hugged him tightly, hiding her face against his shoulder for a long moment. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how I reacted. The hormones are driving me crazy, I'm hungry and this whole situation is just so hard. But I'm sorry for snapping at you. I didn't want to."

Her head tilted slightly and she looked up at him with a soft smile, her arms slowly dropping from around him. "Breakfast would be nice. I don't have much at home....if it really is okay for you to get something? Just nothing with pineapple or strawberry. I'm allergic to those."

She sighed and rubbed her face, her cheeks still red from embarrassment.

Charlie wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight. "It's okay. It happens. That's why I hate texting." He smiled a bit. "You can't tell a person's tone or always understand what they mean." He kissed her shoulder and looked at her.

"I don't mind going after it one bit. I can handle none of those. You like waffles?" He smiled at her and kissed her softly. He was having a child and knew very little about her. His hands went to his cheeks and he smiled at her and stole another kiss with a smile.

"Do you want anything else? Anything specific? Orange juice? Apply juice? You name it. I'll get it." He pulled away and headed for the door. "Oh and...I want copies of our baby's picture." He smiled proudly

From one minute to the other, the whole situation had changed. Emily happily returned the soft little kisses that he stole from her lips and smiled at him. They would be good together. They would get to know each other better and better and they would raise their child together, Emily was sure about it.

"I love waffles." She answered and nodded softly between their soft kisses. "Orange juice would be great. But only if you can get it easily, don't make a fuss about it okay?" she followed him to the door so she could steal another kiss before he left.

"Here." She took the picture of their child and put it into the pocket on his chest. "Take our baby with you. I have another appointment tomorrow and I'll get a new picture there."

While she opened the door, she stood on her toes and kissed him softly, just one last time before he would leave to get food for them. But who knew? Maybe on his way to get waffles he changed his mind and went back to Laura? A small part of Emily was fearing just that.

Charlie took her order mentally and could handle getting it with a breeze. "I'll be back babe." He smiled when she put the picture of the baby in his pocket. "Thank you." That made his day. She had another appointment the next day. As he went to get breakfast he wondered if she'd let him go with her. He'd definitely have to ask.

He got to a local diner and went in and ordered two meals that had waffles, eggs, bacon, and toast. If she wasn't hungry for all of that she would be eventually he figured. He also ordered her juice and coffee for himself. It was a long few moments as he waited for their order to be ready. He sat and waited and looked at the picture of their child. He figured out what he was looking at the longer he looked.

Once the food was ready he grabbed it and hurried back to Emily's. He went back inside after giving the door a small knock. "Breakfast is served." He smiled and set the food on the table. "Hey...when is your appointment tomorrow? Maybe I can go with you?"

While Charlie was gone to get food, Emily had cleaned up a little and busied herself so she wouldn't start thinking too much. Nothing was decided yet, he could still go back to Laura, Emily kept telling herself so she wouldn't get her hopes up too high.

When Charlie came back she smiled at him happily and took the food from him. She arranged it on Teo plates and thought her heart would explode with love when he asked if he could come with her. "Of course. The appointment is in the morning, at 8. I will have to go to work afterwards but if you can make it, I would be more than happy."

She came out of her kitchen with two plates filled with everything he had gotten for them, and placed the plates down on her table. "I guess there is a lot we have to talk about.." she started softly, sitting down at the table. "Are you sure you want to leave Laura? I imagine it will be stressful." She ate a little bit of the eggs and looked over at Charlie. "Not that I want you to stay with her... I just don't want you to hate me one day because I'm the reason you got in trouble with her and possibly her family."

Emily reached over and gently placed her hand on his, hoping so much that he wouldn't back off, that this was real and the beginning of something good.

Back
Top Bottom