Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sleeping Dead (Seraph & I)

Melissa tried not to let her face fall as he threatened to take his gold and leave. She frowned a little bit as he kept his voice soft and cooed at her, her lips twitched a little as he leaned closer. She gave a little noise before she turned her face away from his and looked at the dusty room and the dilapidated house. It would be easier to keep him there and use his funds, but did she really want him there? She sighed and looked at him, "What's your name then? I'm not going to be living with someone who I don't even know their name."

And, she thought slyly, if he is here, she could have him do the heavy lifting when it came time to clean the house and set up everything. She looked at him curiously; he looked like he would have an idea of hard labor and since he was living there, it would be "free" labor.

"Palawa" he stated simply in response to the question of his name."That's all...just Palawa" he stated with a smirk before he stood back up."Besides, this place is in such shambles, I refuse to live in such...filth.I assume I'll be aiding you in cleaning it up" he said as he strode over to the fireplace, wiping a clear line in the dust."Of course, you'll have to feed me in exchange" he remarked, his stomach giving a loud growl to iterate the point.

His one eye glared down at her quietly for a moment before he chuckled."You do so look like someone I used to know, behave almost exactly like her" he spoke in soft, fond tones, "and what might I call you?.

Melissa tested the name on her tongue; it was curious name to her, but after having to study dead languages and practicing them, his name was easy to master. She watched him run a finger through the thick layer of dust and all but sneer at it, and she shrugged--she was likely to agree. It wasn't as if she had been living here very long, she just moved in to day! She snorted when his stomach gave a loud growl before she answered, "I'll feed you when I can get your gold exchanged. Honestly...a few days without food won't kill you!"

She would know.

Melissa blinked a few times at him curiously as Palawa's voice softened and his spoke in fond remembrance of this woman he used to know. "Explains why you called me Maria in the crypt...My name is Melissa Drover." She turned her attention to her ankle and carefully unbound the bandage holding it in place before she looked at the gruesome bruise covering the expanse of pale skin. "Ee..." There was the morbid urge to poke it that she gave into and hissed in pain before she sighed, "I should have soaked that in ice water..."

He blinked quietly and gazed down at her ankle with a sigh."Here, bring it here" he stated, scooting his chair up forward and sitting down, patting his knee."It'll only get worse, and I can make it a lot better" he offered with a patient quiet look.It was strange he'd say that, having not a medical tool about him, but then again If he could survive for that many years in a coffin, he must have had quite a few little tricks up his sleeve.

Melissa hesitated a moment and considered the offer--he did just resurrect himself from a coffin and his mannerisms gave her an idea that he was much older than he looked. She lifted her leg up and rested the heel of her foot on his knee lightly and looked at him curiously, "What are you doing to do? It's just a sprain, I'm sure it will be fine in a few days if I rest it up."

Tenderly he removed the bandage from her ankle and set it aside, letting his rough fingers softly ghost over the flesh of her bruised ankle."It's a sprain, but also a tiny crack" he remarked, able to tell just by feeling.He cleared his throat and began to concentrate, laying his hands around her ankle.He stated silent for a while as he held her ankle, deep in his task.Slowly his hands heated up until they we're nicely hot around the ankle, the healing energies mending the sprain and knitting the small crack.Eventually his eye flitted open to her, gazing at her quietly as he let go of her ankle."Very well...test it out" he offered, sitting back with a chuckle.You didn't live for thousands of years in a coffin or otherwise without learning a few things beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom