Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Thorn In My Side [Azayzal x Ink.Knight]

Azayzal

Owl Friend
"Lady du Sang is too picky with her meals..." Robert muttered to himself, he had been prowling the neighborhood in pitch dark. Already he had seen enough easy targets that would make any other Vampire happy but not Lady du Sang, she had her specifications and as much as it made Roberts life difficult he could not go against his Mistress. Just as he was wallowing in his loathing he heard the sound of heeled footsteps, his ears perked and he peered over the buildings ledge "Short brown hair... check" he muttered crawling onto the side wall of the building "No taller than 5'10"... check" He eyed the woman walking through the neighborhood, like a cat eyed a mouse "Looks like a runner, but I can't see her eyes" he hissed.

He skittered across the side of the building moving like a lizard, easily keeping up with the striding woman. She moved without any indication of fear in the dark alleys, fearless, Robert thought to himself, another trait Maria liked in her prey. He scurried down the wall and began to slink after her. The woman stopped and turned around "Is there someone there?" She called out, her voice was hardly tinted with fear and Robert could hear her heartbeat. It was beating quickly but the woman seemed to have control over her fear. Without warning he leapt from the shadows and quickly covered the woman's mouth, his bloodshot yellow eyes staring into her delicate green. She tried to scream but his hand held steady "You will be perfect for Mistress du Sang" He grinned, baring his nasty fangs.

Becks had gotten off her shift at work and was headed home when she heard a scuffle a little ways ahead of her. Quickly she dug out the scarf in her pocket and haphazardly wrapped it around her lower face before sliding her brass knuckles onto her fingers. Then she took off, booted feet pounding the sidewalk as she surged into the alley with no subtlety at all. She didn't even stop to check on the situation, simply barreling into the man at something pretty close to her top speed while shoving the woman out of his grasp as gently as she could.

It was obvious she was an amateur at this 'hero' thing, but she did have experience with fighting and the strength to back it up. With the metal pieces fitted over her hands she could deal some serious damage to most people, and she lashed out with one fist with the intention of doing so. Even in the dark her blue eyes were bright, shining out of her pale face under dark hair and over the black scarf. Her clothes were all black too, from boots to jacket, making her look like part of the city's shadows.

Robert was delighting in the womans struggle, so much so that he failed to notice the pounding of boots on the floor. It was not until the woman dressed in all black was upon him did he notice she was there, he fell hard to the side releasing his grip on the woman who stumbled back and hit her head on the wall rendering her unconscious. "My Mark for the Mistress!" Robert growled at the black clothed woman, glaring at her with his inhuman yellow eyes. He rose up but kept his distance from the wannabe-hero, the blow that had knocked him down had shown him all he needed to know, this was not a fight he could win. Growling softly he leapt onto the wall, scaling it in his lizard like fashion "Mistress will hear of this, do not meddle in Lady du Sang's affairs" he cried out as he fled from the alleyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Later]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Robert was kneeling before an exceedingly pale woman, she sat in a high back chair, red velvet practically glowing against the pale of her skin "So let me get zis straight, a voman dressed in black pushed yew to ze ground and yew let a mark go?" she spoke softly, her voice rich with a Prussian accent. She wasn't paying any attention to the kneeling thrall, instead her gazed seemed transfixed on a glass of red liquid in her hand which she was holding up to the light "Y.. ye.. yes mistress but but you see, she.. I'd be dead!" Robert stammered as he did the womans gaze fell upon him, in an instant the glass lay smashed on the floor and Robert was hanging in the air a firm hand gripping his throat. Maria barred her fangs, face contorting with fury as she yelled "SOME HUMAN PUSHED YEW UNT YEW LET MY FOOD GET AWAY?" Robert choked and quaked with fear as Maria's furious brown eyes filled his view, he tried to scream as Maria dug her nails into his throat but no sound would escape "I vill see zis voman for myself" Maria growled and the last thing Robert saw was her lips come in contact with his throat.

Robert lay dead on the floor and Maria's eyes were swimming with ghostly vision "Let me see her" she muttered to herself, sucking the blood from her finger tips. It was not the intimate drink of her normal feed it was the ending of a thrall and now his memories would join hers. Maria stood in the large room, her eyes flickering with Roberts memories until they reached the alleyway, she relived his moments there and a wide grin crossed her mouth before she collapsed into her chair panting to catch her breath "Maybe not a total waste..." she thought with the images of Beck burned into her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[The Next Night]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Maria waited at the top of the same rooftop Robert had been at, her eyes were shut and she merely listened to the sounds of the empty streets. She had decided to reenact the same scene from last night in hopes that the woman who had frightened her thrall was to show up again. However this time the target didn't matter, all that mattered was the time and place and as the next person rounded the alley Maria leapt down, landing in front of them and before they could make a sound she gripped their mouth "Silence" she said now waiting to see if the woman in black would arrive on the scene in her amateuresk hero fashion.

[Seems like I wrote a lot :s sorry if I got carried away]

Becks knelt to check on the woman, picking up her phone and calling the cops in a voice that let her come across as just some ditzy bystander before leaving. Though she hung around in a fire-escape across the street to make sure they actually showed up before actually continuing her trip home, blending with the shadows as she watched the flashing lights and the EMTs load the woman into their ambulance. Once she got home she changed into a pair of boxers and flopped on her secondhand couch/bed to watch some crappy late-night TV with a soda before sleep claimed her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Another night; the same shift at work, the same walk home. Even her clothes were practically the same. Ripped black jeans, a dark tank-top under a black leather jacket, scuffed black boots. Hearing the scuffle from a few alleys up once more she briefly sighed at the feeling of deja vu before haphazardly wrapping the scarf around her face and arming herself. Then she dashed in, using the same tactic from before as well. A blind charge to slam into the attacker, metal-sheathed knuckles flying out with the intention of impacting their face before she jumped back again to give herself some distance in case they weren't as easily scared off as the last one.

(s'okay :) sorry mine's kinda short)

Maria listened patiently to the city, if Roberts memories were to be trusted the would-be hero would show up. The poundingof a heart beat and the sound of boots on concrete made her lips curl up into a viscous smile, without turning to face Beck's she waited until the last moment to step back out of Beck's furious charge. Maria's eyes flared with a voracious hunger as she stared at the woman in black "So yew are ze voman who interrupted Roberts hunt last night" The vampiress nonchalantly tossed the human she had gripped onto giving them a burst of her focused will, which rendered them unconcious.

Maria's eyes met Beck's and she grinned deeply, "such fire to your eyes..." something unusual dripped off every syllable of Maria's words, something akin to lust. Her fang pressed against her ruby red lip a hunter's aura radiating from the woman. She was dressed in finery, although it was not of this century. A frilled shirt covered her chest with a dark blue jacket styled over the top, she wore long leather pants that met thigh-high oiled black boots. "Not even a little scared" she asked with slowly purposeful steps towards Beck's, every step looked restrained as though moving like that took effort. The vampiress was drinking every moment of their interaction, ancient eyes taking in every detail of Beck's and just as Maria was a few steps away from her something landed on a near by roof top.

"Lady Maria... your presence is required at one of the workhouses. A meta is demanding to see you and is terrozing the stock. I'm afraid we can't calm him down, a pyro you see hot-headed" The thrall spoke quickly in a panicked tone and when Maria glared at him it seemed as though he all but died. She let out a soft sigh "Parting.. is such sweet sorrow" she quoted taking Beck's hand faster than seemed possible, she rose the hand up to her lips and placed a soft kiss upon it with a deep bow. "We will meet again" and with that the thrall and Maria vanished.

Becks had to backpedal furiously to keep from slamming herself into the back wall of the alley, her momentum carrying her forward when usually it would have been spent on her slamming into her opponent like a tiny black-clothed freight train. She spun swiftly as soon as she had her balance and glared at the woman approaching her, lifting her fists and waiting for her to get close enough to strike. Until the sound of a different voice drew her attention upwards and she frowned. Not that she had much time to process what the guy said before the woman was taking her hand and giving it an old fashioned kiss. She was gone before the fist she'd made of her free hand could land the blow she struck.

(sorry about the long wait, rl sucks)

Back
Top Bottom