Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadows in the Neon Night: A cyberpunk World of Darkness Character Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so let's all take the time to fill out a character template. Please don't copy your character sheet into the concepts of the template, I have or will have your sheets. Just write a quick sentence or a few words for each thing for quick reference. For immortal character, regard Age as Apparent age.

you can find the template copy/paste code up in the top of this sub-forum. Your template should look something like this

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name- John motherfucker Jones

World- The World of Darkness

Species- Vampire

Age- Appears 36

Gender-Nonbinary ooze (no don't put that as yours)

Sexuality-Pansexual ooze squishing

Appearance- He looks like a 36 year old puddle of ooze

Personality- Not much to speak of. Likes Dad jokes

Skills/Abilities- Can ooze through things and bite stuff

Notable Strengths- Hard to kill.

Notable Weaknesses- Can't use melee weapons

History- You can leave this part blank OR put your backstories you've sent me

Equipment-Some shit that got caught in his ooze

Goals (Optional)-To find a way to not be ooze

Miscellaneous- He likes chicken nuggets even though they give him no sustenance

RE: Shadows in the Neon Night: A cyberpunk World of Darkness

Name - Adon Seth

World - Vampire The Masquerade

Species- Vampire

Age - Appears 24

Gender - Male

Sexuality - Bisexual (Mostly Straight)

Appearance-

228323.jpg

Personality - Friendly and always looking to be of service.

Skills/Abilities-

Notable Strengths- Fast, Agile, Deadly Accurate, Professional, Resources.

Notable Weaknesses- Can't take a hit, not overly intelligent

History- Used to be a host before gaining power, influence, and wealth

Equipment- Red and Silver custom pistols, collapsible high frequency vibration spear, long flowing jacket, rather nice clothes (all clothes have a special material woven into them for a bit more protection), his personal vehicle.

Miscellaneous- Flaunts his power and wealth by what he wears and the company he keeps but is actually not a pompous ass.

37da50845903635be0ef831b62dee404.jpg

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name- Monica Carmichael

World- Classic World of Darkness

Species- Human (Traditions Mage, Sons of Ether)

Age- 19

Gender- Female

Sexuality- Bisexual and ready to experiment.

Appearance-

Personality- Unquenchable spirit, wild heart, and insatiable curiosity.

Skills/Abilities-

Notable Strengths- Agility, intelligence, compassion, and a willingness to work had and have fun doing so.

Notable Weaknesses- Nowhere near as in touch with the modern world as she thinks she is. Monica prizes her individuality and self expression to a point that occasionally borders on dangerous.

History- Knowing something of how much strangeness really exists in the world, Monica often speculates about the nature of her mother—and whether “Larissa” was entirely human. Her father doesn't want to talk about her, and dismisses questions with a bittersweet smile when they get to personal. “Your mother had her duties, Monica. I have mine. I'm just grateful to the Universe that mine allowed me to raise you.”

As a child, Moncia spent as much time among the Fellowship of Visionary Researchers—a 'gentleman's club' that was the public face of a Sons of Ether chantry—as she did in the sleeper's world. She was an enlightened scientist almost from birth, and isn't quite certain when she awakened—though it must have been when or a little before her Avatar had it's first conversation with her.

The upshot is that Monica grew proudly eccentric with a blend of old world flare and offbeat teenage pride. Her sleeper teachers were a good deal behind her in the science department, and her sleeper friends didn't really know what to make of her. As a result, most of Monica’s roll models—outside of history and occasionally fiction—were drawn from among 17 men between the ages of 30 and 70—perhaps older if gossip about some was to be believed. Some indulged her, others found the precious girl distracting to the point of annoyance. All were at some point willing to teach her—at least a little—but none of them really seemed to expect her to do anything worthwhile with the knowledge.

Equipment- Sexy but not too revealing steampunk outfit bedecked with dozens of enlightened science gadgets. The band of her top hat includes sensors made to detect neural vibrations through the ether—commonly known as 'Vibes.”
Monica carries two advanced products of enlightened science. An electric-plasma pistol based on Tessla's designs and fueled by refined quintessence, and a bullet resistant corset that serves as light weight armor.

Goals (Optional)- See Bellow

Miscellaneous-
"Look, father. You taught me your art and your science. You taught me to fence, and fire a Tesla Ray. I learned everything you taught, and I'm hungry for more. More than that, I'm going to use these things. I'm going to make you proud in ways that you never thought to be proud of me for.

"I'm going to drag you and your old boys club kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Just look at the sleepers. Girls have taken the paths Madam Curie laid for us and used them as a rocket launch. We work in science, engineering, the arts, the police, and yes, the military.

"If a Sleeper girl can ascend to the highest levels of the U.S. Air Force and direct a successful war in Afghanistan, how much more can I do against the creatures of the night, with the enlightened science you've given me?

"Now I've said this, father. I'm not going to say it again. The next time you become aware of these truths, it will be as a result of my achievements."

--Monica Carmichael, Enlightened Scientist of the Sons of Ether Tradition, on her reasons for becoming an Ascension Warrior. Spoken to her father, Dr. Dorian Carmichael, Vice Chair of the Fellowship of Visionary Researchers Gentleman's Club, on the night of her 19th birthday.

Can someone show me how to shrink this for Blue Moon? I know there's a code for it:

Ai-Shinozaki-461.jpg

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Name- Harumi Blue Feather

Deed Name- Bright Eyes

World- Classic World of Darknesss

Species- Corax

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Sexuality- Bisexual, distractedly curious.

Appearance- See image. (Startlingly curvy for a corax.)

Personality-

Skills/Abilities- Extremely athletic and skilled with melee weapons—especially whips.

Notable Strengths- Extremely aware with eyesight that would make Clark Kent think he really did need those glasses. Shape changing and supernatural powers pertaining to the spirit world and awareness.

Notable Weaknesses- Secretly vulnerable to wounds inflicted by gold. Birdlike mannerisms give away her childhood as a raven.

History-

Equipment- Deceptively beat up old pick up truck with camping and traveling supplies. Master card and a few secret stashes of cash and shinnies.
A gold-engraved bull whip empowered by a spirit of sunfire to sear vampires to ash.

Goals (Optional)- Work with START against supernatural threats while ensuring that they are not one themselves!

Miscellaneous-

The Trinity

Given the nature of my characters, I thought it would be simpler to describe them as a group. The following are the traits the all have in common.

Species- Human, Tradition Mages

Age- early 20s, exact age unknown

Gender- Female

Sexuality- Bisexual

Note- All three sisters are haunted by a soft, distant, harmonic music, like a religious chanting.

Appearance- The Trinity are triplets, meaning they look exactly the same. While their mannerisms, hairstyle and clothing may differ, their basic template is the same.

The base template.
nx9oit.jpg

History- This is still a work in progress.
It’s all very complicated.

Sarah was just another normal girl. Well, she was always an outsider, living her life through computers and social media, but at least she was as human as the rest of the monkeys. She was happy, content with life and looking back she realized, ignorance was bliss.

“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

One night she awoke from a dream, levitating two feet above her bed, the world around her… different… binary; a lot of ones and zeroes floating across her periphery. She could hear Morpheus’ voice echoing in her mind, his soft chuckling as she swallowed the red pill without hesitation.

Why the Matrix allegory? Maybe it was her subconscious, her dormant avatar, trying to wake her up in a way she’d understand? she certainly was not any Neo, she was not the chosen one, no, she always liked Trinity better. After that first brief stint with reality she could not go back to sleeping. She had so many questions and nobody to answer them, so she did what she knew best; she went online, and started her search for “others”.

Before long she joined the Virtual Adepts, but no matter how much she learned, no matter how many secrets of reality she uncovered, no matter how many snippets of the God code she collected, she still felt a deep seated longing for something… more; it was a calling, growing more and more intense with each passing day.

The other mages called it a seeking, a sort of dream quest, a journey into yourself to discover your true potential. Uploading herself into the web she simply let her conscious drift wherever the aetherial winds of the code took her, following the white rabbit even deeper into the whole, and once again she could hear Morpheus chuckling happily, amused by her blind stumbling about. She branched out across social media; Facebook and Twitter, IM’s, cross referencing with databases around the world; anything and everything stored online, looking for something, for someone. But what she found was herself…

At least she looked like herself, remarkably so, enough to be her twin sister, yet the data did not match completely. Alice was an artist like Sarah, running a small tattoo shop, and she was good, good enough to get somewhere with it, be successful. In a lot of ways they were so alike, but in others they were completely different; she was religious and something of a punk rocker, sporting a cool mohawk of dark red and orange, a bible quote tattooed on her scalp and wearing Native American jewelry.

“For when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I fear no evil.” She was fearless, living by this motto etched into her skin along the mohawk, the wing of a seraphim springing from behind her ear. She was like Sarah, and outsider but content to be who she was, and she was awakened as well, already an apprentice within the Celestial Chorus. What was most surprising was Alice had been looking as well, looking for some lost part of herself; she had been looking for Sarah. Finally reunited the sisters joined together, forming their own cabal.

Seven months later, while picking up morning coffee for herself and Sarah, Alice found herself face to face with Savannah, the barista at the coffee shop, and it was like staring into a mirror. In that moment the young barista had her awakening; her mental scream shattering all of the windows, coffee, milk and cream floating around in the air as if there was no gravity, joining together in complex patterns.

From that day on they were three, and they have been inseparable ever since. But mages’ don’t believe in coincidences. Pooling their resources, they began searching for answers, about themselves and why they were connected. They all felt a strong connection to each other, deeper than any sibling bond. Sometimes they would finish each other’s sentences, know instinctively when one was sad. Their pull to one another was so strong it eventually became intimate, but it felt right, being closer than anyone could ever imagine.

The truth of it is far more complex. Each “sister” shares a part of the same broken avatar, and it yearns to once again be whole, which is why they feel that undeniable pull to each other. What they have yet to realize is; they are clones, born in a lab as an experiment in mass awakening, each infused with a fragment of an awakened soul, from the mage who sacrificed herself for the “greater good” of humanity, the progenitor, the original. Who knows how many copies there are?

Name- Sarah Manning

Tradition- Virtual Adept

Appearance- Basic template as above, BUT Sarah's sheltered life and affinity for being online and interacting with the world through her gadgets has made her appearance fade a little. She is still good looking, but not as beautiful as she could be. Who cares about makeup or those circles under your eyes when all everybody ever sees is your gorgeous digital persona?

Personality- Cold, analytical, not very good with people. Yet she seems super friendly and nice online.

Skills/Abilities- Computer and tech genius. Does digital art and forum based rpg's.

Notable Strengths- Sarah is smart, like really really smart, like she-makes-super-computers-look-stupid smart, and she loves tinkering with any kind of advanced tech, be it computer, cyberware, biotech, whatever.

Notable Weaknesses- Anything that requires her meat body to actually leave her apartment, well besides sex that is.

Equipment- Some crazy over the top customized gadgets, smartphones, tablets, generations ahead of current tech.

Name- Alice

Tradition- Celestial Chorus

Appearance- Interpose this style over the basic template. Alice has it all, the tattoos, the piercings, the flashy makeup, the hair, omg the hair; blonde mohawk with dark red and orange highlights. So cool.
n189pf.png

Personality- Alice has all the attitude, yet she counts herself a devout catholic, in her mind punk rock and faith does not exclude each other. She has a dark sense of humour, quick with a smile, but equally quick to bring divine retribution to reality deviants.

Skills/Abilities- Flying? Oh come on! Well... Yeah, Alice can fly, and she is getting pretty fucking good at it. She still needs the wings to do a proper righteous angelic ass-kicking, but one day, one day.

Notable Strengths- Skilled swordsman

Notable Weaknesses- Pure, implant free, but magic so who cares? :p

Equipment- Alice always carries around a katana, beautifully crafted and clearly quite old.

Name- Savannah

Tradition- Cult of Ecstasy

Appearance-

Personality- Quiet, almost reserved, Savannah keeps in the background, considering her words carefully before speaking. That said, she is easily more likeable than her sisters.

Skills/Abilities-

Notable Strengths- Keen senses and a heightened awareness of the supernatural.

Notable Weaknesses- Physical

Equipment-

Name - Joe Cross

World - Vampire The Masquerade

Species- Vampire

Age - Appears 25

Gender - Male

Sexuality - Bisexual (Mostly Straight)

Appearance- Blue Eyes and short brown hair.

Personality - Brash but friendly.

Skills/Abilities- Jack of all trades.

Notable Strengths- Fast learner, Strong, Quick

Notable Weaknesses- Impatient, Sunlight, Somewhat cocky.

History- An office drone with potential for greatness. He was embraced by the Carmilla to mold.

Equipment- Small smg, revolver, knife and reinforced trench coat.

Miscellaneous- Likes video games.

Name - Lily
World - The World of Darkness
Species - Debased Garou
Age - 32
Gender - Female
Sexuality - Heteroflexible
Appearance - Lily - Debased Form Lily - Homid Form
Personality - Lily is sarcastic, often appearing bored or lazy. She tends to stay in her debased form most of the time unless its required by a mission to be homid. She despises being called typical pet names, and has often been reprimanded for using her unusal size to intimated humans.
Skills/Abilities - Despite being debased, she is surprisingly aware of the wyrm's presence.
Notable Strengths - She is very adept with computers
Notable Weaknesses - She is debased, and therefore lacks some of the true power of the pure Garou
History - SECRETS
Equipment - She has a commlink to communicate with her team even while in her canine form.
Goals (Optional) -
Miscellaneous -

Name - Elizabeth
World - The World of Darkness
Species - Kinfolk
Age - Appears to be about 25
Gender - Female
Sexuality - Straight
Appearance - coming soon
Personality - Elizabeth is a mother, terrified for her lost child and hell bent on finding him. She is determined, focused and has a natural empathy and warmth about her that mothers often do. She is relentless in her search.
Skills/Abilities - She has gotten very good at following leads and investigating
Notable Strengths - She is suspiciously strong for a kinfolk.
Notable Weaknesses - Her migraines can be debilitating
History - Elizabeth lost her child, after being attacked by a group of vampires shortly after his birth. They slaughtered her Garou lover while he tried to protect them and the baby went missing. She has been hunting for him since that happened.
Equipment - None at this time
Goals (Optional) - Find her son.
Miscellaneous - Suffers from severe migraines for which she sees a doctor regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom