Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love on the Wild Earth (MysteriousD & MsGoody2Shoez94))

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
The year was 3000 over in the Sol System, the main center of the United Federation of Humanity. Formed when conservative ideaology led to the environmental and economic ruin of the Earth, some of the governments formed large spaceships and left. Over the centuries, humanity has spread over the stars of the Solar System. Mars was the first to be terraformed after a century. Thanks to having launched greenhouse gas machines there early on, Mars was now a warm and wet world, where the people could visit. Despite the low gravity, transhumanity allowed humans to handle it. Humans have augmented themselves with nanobots and bioengineering to endure the environments and the like.

Venus was the next place to be inhabited and was terraformed. Despite the intense heat, the techonological properties meant it was eventually achieved. Asteroid mining in the asteroid belt became the next big rush in the industry and it provided enough raw materials to help colonize other places such as Ganymede and Titan. However, there were also smaller settlements on space stations and new technologies have become necessary to go and try and explore the places beyond the solar system.

However, this eventually led to an idea. Revisiting Planet Earth. After centuries, the world has mostly recovered from the disasters and now it has become of interest. Beyond the fact is the homeworld, there were many great lost ideas and such there that could help. Furthermore, life was on the world. The governments have died out there, but futuristic city-states and tribal areas have been formed here along with the mutated and augmented wild life. Descendents of the people here along with those cyrogenically frozen walked here. Earth was a mostly wild world now... and into the wilderness, these scientists were sent.

RE: Love on the Wild Earth

When Joy heard that the government was recruiting a group of scientist to go back to Earth, she was one of the first people to sign up. For the longest time the population as a whole was very disinterested to what was going on, on Earth. It was the place they came from and had no intentions of returning to. The government had pushed this idea that Earth was completely destroyed, and we would never be able to go back. All had been pretty sure that the world would have been unable to recover for a really long time, but with the majority of the human race gone it was only two or three centuries before the plant was full of thriving vegetation and the atmosphere had started to clear up, By the time four hundred years everyone was pretty sure that the human on Earth were thriving.

After several applications, a ludicrous amount of training, and some modifications to her chemical makeup she was sent on the first scheduled ship to go back. Though it was a lot of hard work, Joy got the position of working as scout. She would be one of the first people from the UFH to land back on Earth. She wouldn't get her assignment until right before she left the ship, she would end up on one of the four major continents left after all the natural disasters.

The name of their ship was the Explorer. Though it was not very creative, the ship was completely decked with technology the earlier humans had only dreamed of. Also on the ship, were the pods that each of the scouts would use to fly down. It was filled with enough supplies to last them for a whole three months. Years ago this trip would have had to been made with suits to protect them, but with the atmosphere having improved significantly they would be able to go out without a suit. She went downstairs one more time to check and see if she had everything that she was going to need.

After attending her last meeting, Joy again headed down to her pod. She was really doing this, she was going back to earth.

This ship was in Earth's orbit and ready to release the four pods. As she buckled up her video started and it was the comissioner of the task force. Joy was going to be what used to be South America. She had done a lot of reading on all four destinations and South America was definitely the one that she wanted to go to. She was curious as to how much of their culture had stayed. She had even learned a few dialects of Spanish just in case.

With the video gone so began the countdown, as the one appeared on the screen she felt the pod detach from the ship and before she knew it, it was racing through the sky.

She wasn't able to see the details of much till she was pretty close, and by that time she wasn't able to stop the pod from landing in the trees. She rolled like a ball down the surprisingly thick leaves before she was on the bed of a forest.

Joy sat in her seat waiting for the waves of nausea to pass. Then she sort of just sat and took in the sights around her.

Diego Vendrix was one of the oldest people on Earth. That's namely because he was born before the twilight years of Earth. As a young man, he was once a scholar, a college nerd who spent his time immersed in making movies, read books, playing video games and overall being a spiritual person. However, after the death of his family, he found himself wanting to find himself in life, eventually ending up in Brazil. He took hallucinagens to expand his mind and overall search for more spirituality. During a hurricane, he ended up saving the life of the president of Brazil, but found himself damaged and caught an unknown illness.

Under the others of said president, they tried to work on him, but to no avail and Diego opted to put himself in cyrogenic sleep, in an attempt the future will help him. He accepted since he had little else to live for and it was his only shot. He entered the chamber and slept past the disasters and collapses. All the while, the scientists would periodiclaly come and work on them. Diego was injected with nanobots to optimize his body while also experimented on to see if photosynthesis could be added to humans. After centuries of sleep, he woke up in a wild world and healthier and better than ever.

The next five years were spent going around and helping people. Through his knowledge of medicine and drugs, he became known as some sort of shamnic figure in the villages and the like, all while he searched for some lost tech or information. By now, the world was dominated by 4 major continents, South America, North America, Eurasia and Africa. Australia was giving strange readings apparently and Anarctica was still the frozen wasteland.

The morning in the jungle began like any other. He swung through the trees and looked around. His body was now surpassing Olympic atheletes and yet he still distinctly him, albeit thinner and fitter than he ever was in his youth. He was wearing just a leopard fur loincloth, something he could wear cmfortably during the tropical eather. Beyond that, he kept his glasses, the only thing left of his old life. He was swinging thrugh the forest like Tarzan before he saw something fall from the sky in the distance. He went to the direction and he saw a steel ball. Having a spear with him, he poked the metal ball.

The pod landed head down, she was just starting to calm down her heart when she felt the something pressing at the back side of the pod. She stilled and waited a moment to see if it was going away. She knew that the pod was virtually indestructable, but she didn't know how much damage it was capable of taking. She just had thr worst of luck, her landing attracting animals.

Reaching for the controls she wondered her chance of getting in. "Her goes noting," she turned her pod up right and put some space between them, but upon turning she saw it was only a man.

Hitting the microphones he decided to address him in spanish," Another human? Hello, I'm from above and I wanted to make sure that you weren't some animal. I'm Joy. Who are you?

Diego didn't know what to expect from the pod. Hs first thoughts were about aliens from another world though he didn't know why they would crash-land here. He waited for a chance to see what would happen and he saw the pod roll, causing him to jump back and preparing for action. However, he looked relieved when he heard a human voice...

One that spoke Spanish?

Diego was surprised to hear a human voice, especially one that spoke Spanish. He then realized it... she was from space, from one of the human star colonies. He listened to her introduce herself.

"Diego... My name is Diego," Diego said slowly as he said in English before saying it in Spanish. He didn't speak often to other people and admittingly, he often spoke to himself, if mainly so his vocal skills wouldn't get rusty, though when he did speak to himself, it was during some bad periods.

"What are you doing her?" he asked as he stood tall and adjusted his glasses.

He spoke English, which could mean that he was from somewhere other than South America, possibly. She had so looked forward toward using her Spanish even if it wasn't all that good.

Switching over to English she introduced herself. My name is Joy. I came from a con in space. It had been so long since we had left Earth we wondered how the people behind had faired and how the earth had evolved. Without humans here to mess it up, things have changed."

Diego listened to what Joy was saying oer where she came from. Diego went over to see if he could open the door or not, he wanted to see how new humans looked like now.

"Things have changed from all the mutations and experimentations on animals and people with the past along with some of the remaining machines that helped with other places. Here, the jungle has grown and is more beautiful and more strange than ever," Diego explained to her as he stood there. "It does look like your... sphere is busted. We better move before the beasts arrive," Diego told her cautiously as he waited for her to come out.

In the distance, the beasts he spoke off were coming and so they needed to move to higher ground.

This man was a stranger and could ulterior motives, but she wasnt prepared to meet the beast that lived in the forest, just yet. She had started pacling a back pack full of supplies when she heard a blood curdling scream. It definitely didnt dound as if it were too far off.

Grabbing what she already had packed she turned and headed toward him . They hadnt ran that far before she could hear the crunch of creature trying to pry open her pod. If she needed to get back to command it wasn't going to be that way.

Diego got his spear as he looked around. This beast I particular wasn't too troublesome to get away from, but they needed to reach the trees in order to get away properly. He saw the pod open and he didn't take much time to register much on how she looked like before he saw the beast arrive when they got away for a bit.

It resembled a weird mix of a carnosaur and a saber tooth tiger, being the size of 3 elephant and trying to get the pod. Unfortunately for the beast, the pod was much too strong for it to open and its potential targets have escaped.

"Come. We must swing on trees in order to escape," Diego said before he went and grabbed Joy in one of his arms before he climbed up the tree with the other, thanking whomever was it hat augmented him with the nanonbots and such. Once on top of the tree, he held on tight to her as he swung through the jungle and away from the sound of the beasts until they arrived at a treehouse... Kinda.

It looked like some strange made of wood and metal fused together and having been merged with the tree. "Are you okay?" he asked her.

Everything was happening so fast. Joy was supposed to be able to fall back on all her training, but nothing had prepared her for this environment. She really could not do more than hold on to Diego as he guided them to saftey.

The "building" he took her to was quite interesting. She had grew up in a tin can and had never seen anything much like the way the tree and metal melded together. All she knew is it must have took him time to established his base. It was high up from the bed of the forest and the natural materials somewhat helped it blend in, unless metal caught the rays of the sun .

"I'm okay just shocked. I really didn't know what to expect once I landed down here. Are there others who live near by, or do you live out here on your own," she looked out toward the nearest window.

The sky was bluer than any picture, fluffy white clouds, and so many different kinds of trees.

"There is a tribal settlement not far from here that I'm part of , but I live seperately. The shamans tend to live away from the tribe villages or cities," Diego explained to her. Inside of his hut, there was a bed made of furs and soft plants along with a bookcase with various books and some old looking tablets from the 21st, 22nd and 23rd centuries that are kept in meticulous condition. There were also a table with potted plants with labels along with a staff made of petrified wood clutching what looked like a piece of amber on it. Hanging from the wall was mroe ceremontial garb (for a lack of a better ter) and some masks.

Diego let her look around and savor the outside. He liked the view himself.

"Some of the wildlife here has been mutated by experiments of long ago, either biological or with integrating technology with nature, like the hut. Nanobots and such mixed in with the tree to help make it this odd blend of machine and wood," he told as he admired how beautiful she looked.

Oblivious she really didn't notice the way Diego was looking at her. While she wanted to learn about him and how he has adapted to this new world. At the moment she was lost in the view through the window. Joy couldn't help but to walk over to window and to gaze out at everything below. She couldn't imagine living in such a place.

"Earth is so beautiful, its a shame that all the humans had to leave for it to get to so diverse. You're a lucky guy getting this view every day," she turned back toward him.

Setting her pack down on the table. "I don't want to invade you space, but would it be okay if I spent the night here? It would give you time to me fill me in on the area and I would be out of your hair in the next day or two."

Diego remained quiet as he let her see the whole view while he couldn't heplp but admire her beautoful and atheltic build in her form fitting cybernetic space suit. "I suppose, but it does get lonely," Diego told her before he saw her face him once more. Diego began wondering on her offer. He would be happy to let her keep going, but he wasn't sure if she could make it.

"You should not make it alone," Diego pointed out. "It is dangerous out and the villagers do not react well to foreigners. Do you also know how to make shelter?" Diego told her as he went to look at her. "I grant you permission to stay as long as you want to," he told her with a smile as he adjusted his glasses.

He sniffed the ai before he looked out. "It will rain soon," he said as he stared at the sky with a mystical look.

"I do know how to make shelter, not sure if its good enough to sustain the wind and rain. So I think I'll take you up on staying here for a few days," his shelter was so much nicer than she had thought it would be. So many people had thought that the human left would become primitive, but they were pretty modernized. Well except for the fact that Diego wore a loincloth. Joy had done a pretty good job of not looking over his body, but because she was thinking about the loincloth she had to take a look.

Joy wasn't sure what his food source were yet, but Diego was incredibly fit. Which probably had to with how active he was on top of whatever he ate.

Joy had let herself get distracted, she put her business hat back on,"just until the weather gets better then maybe you could show me to the village. I would really hate to be a burden. Plus, there would be a larger range of people to study and learn from."

Diego nodded, happy that she was going to stay here. She was smart too, considering how bad the storms can get around here. Tropical downpours are the common here and there wasn't much to do. He counted his blessings; there were more primitive societies in the technological sense. After all, they were still smart people and maintained the beliefs on equality toward people, but they lived in prinitice means while others maintained tech, but also went toward more superstitious beliefs or strangeness.

"You would not be a burden. Besides, the village that I am associated with is not much to be there," he confessed. "What could be considered human has become more complicated and such," Diego confessed to her as he crossed his arms on his chiseled chest as he looked in thought.

"What questions do you have?" He said as he began prepping for the rain.

"Of course we expected everything to be different. You guys were left in a world that was completely desolate. We knew that you were going to all have different roles in society or what was left, you would have to live differently, what you would eat, and everything about the world around you would create a challange. We had no clue what like would be like, we just hoped that someone would survive," she started examining his home. She noticed the bed of furs and the little furniture she had.

"Diego, obviously I have plenty of questions. It would take me days to get them all out. I guess my first question would be, tell me about yourself? I want to know everything."

"I also mean in that there are few people who resemble what some may consider the traditional view of humans. The mutations and the like have led to more... exotic looking humans," Diego commented. In fact, he figred they might become sub-speices or even their own speices after some more generations though he wasn't sure.

He smiled when she asked him about himself. "I'm one of the more normal humans left. I was part the Cyrogenic Projects of freezing people though I was put on deep-freeze because I got a disease. While I was on ice, the scientisits also decided to use the experimental transhuman tech on me and there's a few others who also probably got it. So I'm pretty well-built and hence why I look like this," Diego confesses with a smile as he shows off his physique.

"It was five years ago since I was let out and I basically explored the area here and becoming the shaman to the area here. It's not too bad, but I never really got to explore the world and you're kinda one of the first persons I talked to in a while," he said to her with a smile.

"How about you?" Diego asked her.

She watches his physique as he kind of showed off. She could feel her cheeks started to heat up as she looked at him, she had to turn a way and look somewhere else. " So, the other humans don't look like you? That's a shame she found herself thinking as she looked back.

"Thats quite interesting. You frozen and experimented on, you must have some nanotechnology bots in you, or at least I would suspect you do," he wasn't that much different from her, he wasn't an expert on the area and he was almost like a modernized human.

"Well, at least here in the area. Some do look more like humans made completely out of steel, others look like humans but with plant parts and so on," Diego explained to her as he finished preparations for storm weather.

"I do. I have the nanobots in me that optimized by body along with a bit of genetic modification done. According to the papers I did find, it was done in order to prepare the future of humanity," Diego added as he sat down. "For some folks, it worked and they live in small utopias while thers live in hunter-gatherer societies and there's everything in between. World is a much weirder place now," he said as he stood up.

"What other questions do you have, Miss Joy?" he asked her with a smile as it began raining.

Her eyes widened as he told her of the other human, she would have lots to study when he finally took her in. With the humans in space they had came into contact with some other creatures, but she had never thought of the humans evolving into something else. She would need to see it all for herself. She couldn't wait.

Diego's smile made her look away again. This time she couldn't hide her small smile or the side glances at his body. She wasn't sure if his physique was natural or how the scientist had set him, but she thanked the universe for whatever it was. She cleared her throat with a little cough, giving her enough to compose herself. "Little hunter gathering groups and nomads means that there is no central government, which we kind of expected. What do the creatures look like, I heard the one earlier but I was a little preoccupied with the running and being scared, so I never got to see it."

"I'm not bothered by you looking at me. It's nice that an attractive woman likes how I look," Diego told her with a smile. His physique was natural in a sense. While he did lose some weight while his time in the cooler, he only become muscular as he was by surviving in the jungle. The genetic modifications, bioaugmentation and the nanobots just made the process, much easier and much more efficient.

"As for the creatures, well there are some still normal animals for the most part though there are some more strange ones. Bees infused with microbots so that they would be programmed by some of the computer technicians there are left to interact with the technotrees. There are of course genetic experimnts like what we saw and the successful revivial of beasts like the mammoths and some dinosaurs seen in other lands," Diego began saying as he was in thought. How he was sitting, the loin cloth was still managing to hide what few it hid and it was pretty warm and humid.

"The beast that chased is the alpha predator here and while normally contents to eating the large heribovres that feed on fruits here, they have occasionally targeted human villages, which is where I came in to make sure they don't" he said with a confident smile.

He had seen her watching and that made her more embarrassed. Why did he have to be handsome? Why couldn't he have a unibrow or buck teeth or be hairy as a bear? He needed something about him that wasn't so perfect, because Diego basically was a walking dream.

She was listening so intently as he talked about the creatures in the area. She had no clue how the 'humans' were surviving if someone had recreated certain dinasours, along with all genetically modified animals such as the one they had encountered so little ago. It was no surprise that the earth doesn't have a larger population, they've had to battle the climate as well as dangerous animals.

All thought stopped when Diego smiled at her; she wished she could tell him not to do that, but she didn't have the confidence to and she would end up missing his smile.

"You said you were a shaman, are you also a protector/ hunter? Do you hunt those creatures," she told herself to get over the smile." Even though I didn't see it, I could hear his footsteps, he was quite a hefty creature. We also know that he is fast. How do you do that?"

"On some occasions yeah. I do need to eat too," DIego told her with a smile as he admired how sexy Joy looked and her silver-colored spacesuit was modest yet he could still see a bit of how her figure would be underneath.

"The animals still can do things like bleeding to death or using special poisons or what not," Diego told her. "Humanity's greatest gift is being able to outwit anything that could be thrown at us. Even in this environment, that sort of ideal is still adhered too," Diego explained to her with a confident smile as he stood up. He would've been embarassed of being in front of a sexy woman when he was younger, but years of living in the jungle in a loincloth from made from one of the beasts have changed that.

"Regarding being a shaman, I would take special hallucinogens from the mushrooms or such in order to expand my mind and meditate and such," Diego told her as he showed off some. "It does also kinda help deal with boredom since there isn't much that could be done while it's raining," he said to her.

It wasn't as if she had never heard of hallucinogens, it was just that Joy had never experimented with them and she wasn't sure how she would react to them. There was also the fact that it was being offered by a stranger. A stranger with a beautiful face and really nice body, but still he was a stranger and she was unsure as to whether she should accept his offer. Then again he did save her and he had no reason to kill her. It wasn't as if he had tons of company.

"Um well... I am here to study the area and culture. It wouldn't hurt to try it once. Just for scientific purposes, that is," she couldn't believe she had talked herself into taking Diego's offer.

Diego was surprised. While he was just showing her some of the plants in order for her notes, he actually wasn't offering it for her. Nonetheless, he did figure that it would be good for her to get used to it, especially since there are some plants that natrually release hallucinogens as defensive mechanisms.

"Okay, I'll make one. According to the texts, it is an order to help achieve a better sense of self," Diego said as he took the shrooms and herbs and began preparing them. From a mortar and pestle and a bit of fire with liquid, he made a strange concoction. He poured in two stone cups.

He gave her one and when she drank, so did he.

When Joy would feel the effects, she would find the room kinda shifting and Diego going seemingly faraway. She would also feel as if she was wearinfg something heavy, like a coat made of metal and in front of her, there is a puddle showing a reflection of herself.

"Who are you and what do you want?" her reflection would tell her.

Back
Top Bottom