Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bloodlust and Lovelust (Rskde & Enigma_x)

Risky

Supporter
Supporter
"We stand in the town of Charlston, Virginia where a mass murdering has just taken place, a man in full armor walked down the street and gunned down thirty eight people, using multiple machine guns. We have an eye witness here who confirms that the suspect was taken down by the police, though a body is yet to be found and identified."

He switches off the TV, laughing hysterically while shaking his head, tears from his laughter streak down his face. He opens the curtain of the small abandoned house he had broken into, peering down the road and smiling to himself as he finds it clear, closing the curtains again. He walks to his weapons, unloading and disassembling them. He stuffs them into his duffel bags before pulling off his helmet. He pulls off his Kevlar vest and shin guards, sighing in relief as the cool air hits him.

He sets up a small video camera and his laptop, tapping a couple of keys before going live on Twitch, pulling a mask on his face before facing the camera. "Hello my people! As the media has suggested.. I am now officially dead!" He says with a laugh. He inhales deeply before shaking his head. "Once again the police have failed to capture and or kill me, The Purifier." He says with a wicked grin, covered by his mask.

"As you can tell my children, the United States of America has failed you! Capitalism is at its lowest point.. Your tax money? It's going towards standardized testing for high school kids!" He says. "Shouldn't it be going towards its incompetent police, or maybe the booming oil industry? The simple fact is, my children.. The government can't protect you any more." He says. "It's time to rise up.. The next time you see me, I'll have a surprise for you all, for now I must build up my strength for the next major embarrassment of the United States." He says before reaching over and signing off.. Around five thousand people had logged on to view his message.

He walks over to his weapon stockpile, sliding it into a closet before closing it, getting changed into a new pair of clothes and walking into his bathroom. He grabs a razor and shaves the beard that had been growing on his face.. Then he takes a haircutting tool, shaving his hair down to a buzz cut. He lifts his fingers to his eyes, sliding out a contact lense from each eye before reaching down and opening a new box of color changing lenses. He places them into his eye, by a week or so his eye color will have changed to a light hazel, removing any trace of him being identified.

As for fingerprints? He always wears gloves when he goes on his outings, and even if he didn't his fingerprints had been forcibly removed by battery acid when he first started, in case somebody managed to get them. He walks to his couch, sitting down before picking up a small cell phone. He dials a number before lifting it to his ear, a duffel bag full of money sits next to him.

The phone beeps, an answering machine picks up. "Hey mom, dad.." He says quietly. "It's been awhile, I just wanted to check in.. Call me if possible." He says before hanging up, he runs a hand through his hair. He looks over at his duffel bag, opening it and pulling out his ID.. The name on it reads 'Jakob Reyes', it also marks him as special needs. He shakes his head, society had casted him out, marking him as a man with 'anger issues' and a 'sociopath', which they had miraculously 'cured' when he started acting for them, letting them see exactly what they wanted.. A model citizen.

Now that his first task is complete, he smooths his hair back, standing and walking out of the house. He walks up the street with his hands stuffed in his pants, feeling the crumpled bills of money inside. He finds a quiet restaurant and sits down, quietly ordering some food. Over all he isn't an asshole, he's a nice person when he isn't murdering everyone in sight. He quietly eats his food while watching the news, an interview with several police officers is being conducted to find out as much information as possible.

• It was beginning to feel as if her best friends were criminals. Every morning she’d begin work at six am, she’d leave work sometime in the early evening if all went well. Her life was structured around work, eating and sleeping. There were brief moments she could have to herself but they were few and far between. Kate had always been driven; but this was something different. She was almost obsessive with her new case, mainly because it was high profile. There was no way she could justify allowing herself peace when she knew others would die. If she could save them, she had to. Of course she’d been warned to take it easy, but so far she felt fine. Motivated, energetic, dedicated. Kate couldn’t see how this was a negative.

That evening was the same as it always was. She would leave work and make her way to grab some take out or if she felt particularly generous to herself, she’d eat in the restaurant. Tonight was one of those nights. Mainly because she found herself needing a glass of wine, possibly two if she felt rather indulgent. So far this case had been on going for some time, there were limited leads and even less evidence. Kate felt as if she were chasing her tail, so to speak. No matter where she looked, she came up empty. It was beginning to make her doubt her skills; maybe she should just be working the streets like some of her colleagues. The mere thought was insulting, she had a good mind and good talent, usually.

The brunette settled down at the table she was shown to. It was close to the window, allowing her to feel somewhat connected to the bustle of the city right beside her. The female glanced down at the menu before selecting her main course and ordering a glass of white wine. She was dressed in her usual work attire, a navy skirt suit. The pencil skirt cut off just below her knee and gave enough room for her to cross her legs comfortably as she leaned back in the chair. Underneath the unbuttoned blazer was a crisp white shirt that was left unbuttoned at the top. Kate could pass as any businesswoman.

By the time her food arrived the female had removed the clip that tied up her long brown curls. “Eating alone again?” A familiar voice purred from behind her. It was her colleague, Richard. Although, despite their similarities in their profession, they had no others. Nor did she want to have anything in common with the man. Kate didn’t have time for a relationship, nor was she interested in making time. “Aw come on Meyers, give me an inch here.” The male settled opposite her, requesting a whisky as the waiter passed by. “I was enjoying my peaceful dinner, yes.” She spoke sternly, her fingers clasping around the wine glass as she eyed the blonde haired male.

Once she’d promptly finished her wine and food, it’d been about an hour. Richard continued discussing work in a rather vague manner, and she’d agreed with his points. He was a good officer, but unfortunately he lacked in emotional intelligence. Even if he wasn’t great company, it was somewhat nice to be dining with someone, even if he was just drinking. It was when she decided to have a dessert that she noticed a rather handsome man sitting across from her.

“So, how about I walk you home?” Kate’s brow rose, shaking her head slightly, “No thank you, I’m have a dessert then I’m going alone. Nice to see you, Richard.” He took the hint, giving her a nod and slipping a note for his drinks before leaving. The female allowed a sigh of relief to pass her lips before she summoned the waiter over to order a few scoops of vanilla ice cream. She wasn’t sure what came over her next, if it was the wine or the idea of someone like Richard hitting on her whenever he had the chance but she decided to send over a drink to the male a few feet from her. The female couldn’t help but watch to see how he reacted to being bought a drink.

He had been too busy watching the TV to notice the people around him, he had never really been social, the only real social interaction he has is his live stream, but that's not him, that's The Purifier, a different part of himself if you could understand the complexity of the diseased mind. He continues to chuckle and shake his head at the incompetence of the police force around here, the fact that they would not be able to find him only amuses him more.

His phone dings with a notification, he pulls it out of his pocket and chuckles, someone had replied to his Twitter account, complimenting his killing style and how well he was fighting the good fight and all of that nonsense he stuffed down the throats of his followers. Of course he had recorded the whole mass killing, he had connected to the wifi of the restaurant he is sitting in and posted it, as the police force would probably see it and then track the IP, only to find this lowly little restaurant on the corner of a well known street in New York City.

He raises his eyebrows at the waiter as a drink is placed in front of him. "I didn't order this.." He says to the man, but the waiter simply explains that the woman- the one sitting at the table nearest to his- had ordered and paid for the drink for him. He seems confused overall, nobody really ever did anything nice for him, probably one of the main reasons killing is so easy for him, to just allow his mind to take over and his body to do its bidding.

Jakob consumes his drink after a couple minutes of contemplating, as a free drink is a free drink. He decides to make his gratitude obvious. He stands and walks over to her table, now one of the seat is unoccupied as the man she had been sitting with had walked out- while he hasn't been paying much attention to the people around him, he had indeed had a laugh at the man trying so desperately to get some action, so it was no surprise to see him casted out from the table.

"Do I know you?" He asks the woman in front of him with a warm smile, he could be quite pleasant when he wanted to. Though the close to bald man who with hazel eyes and a clean shaven face must be a sight for sore eyes in such a terrible side of New York. "Thanks for the drink, I really needed it." He says with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head.

As stated before he had never had much social interaction in life, but that leaves a lot of time for movies, and how the characters interact in certain movies can pertain to certain conversations, and it seems to be working out for him so far.

Back
Top Bottom