Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quest to be the best (Parisu & Lostone)

Lost_one17

Super-Earth
Silvia walked through the densely grown forest her halberd at her side. Looking around cautiously she didn't want to be taken by surprise again. She though back on the bandits that jumped her. She didn't kill any of them but they will know when they woke up that she brought the pain. After a few hours of walking she broke through the tree line. Squinting at the bright light she raised her hand to cover her eyes and look out at her surroundings. A few miles away she could see another kingdom. "I guess that's where I am heading." She said lowering her hand and making her way to the city. Stepping into the city everything was moving fast. "God I hate places like this." She grumbled as she made her way though the crowds wary of pick pockets and making sure that no idiot impaled themselves onto her weapon. Wandering around she eventually found the market and let out a sigh of relief. "Where there is a market there is an inn." She said walking through the market she examined the goods taking note of what she would need to get before she left.

Paris was walking down the path of the market looking for the Inn after making a short stop at the blacksmith he took the materials he would be needing for the synthesis of some new alchemic weapons. Once he had those he stepped out the market and bumped into a young female warrior. He being a swift and not a s bulky person got thrown back with the recoil of hitting such a heavily armored person and got up apologizing.

"I am very sorry I wasnt looking where i was going! Ah...."

He noticed this woman was actually very beautiful and so strong she could carry such armor.

"Uhmm... Are you by chance a traveler?"

Silvia felt someone run into her. She looked down at the man and raised and eyebrow at him. Hearing him start to apologize and stop her eyebrow raised even higher. Offering him her hand she lowered her eyebrow and just looked at him with a dull stare. "It's fine, but watch where your running in the future." She said helping him up and started to walk away when he asked her is she was a traveler. "Yeah I guess you can say that, I mean, I don't exactly look like a local now do I?" She asked her tone laced with cynical sarcasm. "Why do you care?" She asked just no noticing the supplies he was carrying with him. "And just what might you be? Some kind of metallurgist junkie or something?" She asked looking at the materials spilled on the ground beside him.

He quickly picked up his materials and placed them in his infinitum space pouch.

"Ah? Me I am no Junkie, I am an Alchemist. I make weapons and armor that have special properties. I am looking for someone that... "

He noticed that there were other people listening. "I would like to tell you some things but it would be better if we had some privacy. I will treat you to a meal if you let me, I would like it if you heard me out."

Placing her free hand on her hip she cocked her eyebrow once more. "So not a metal head, just and Alchemist...uh huh. And you want me to come with you to an Inn so you can buy me a meal and talk to me in private. Right... Well your an odd little fellow so I think I will take you up on the offer of a free meal, but you have until I finish eating to catch my attention, make me care what you have to say, or not get bored cause I will walk away, and if you try anything funny..." With barely a sound she had the blade of the halberd inches from his neck. "...I will take your life." She said with a smile and pulled the blade form him. "So lead the way little weird alchemist." She said following behind him.

"A little blunt aren't we?"

He walked her down the street all the way to the shop district, stepped to the closest yet nicest inn available and ordered some beef and a side salad dish for himself.

"You may ask for whatever you feel like eating, I just would like it if you were to listen to me when you are done."

"Eh, sorry if I'm not a refined lady, not many of them come form the southern wastes." She said with a shrug. Following him to the inn she sat across form him. "Then catch my interest, I have things to do." She said looking at the inn keep. "I'll take a leg of lamb, one of your finest loafs, some stewed potatoes and carrots, and a pint of ale that does run out." She ordered. Turning her attention back to the man in front of her she gave him a soft smile. "Now as you were saying."

"Eh, sorry if I'm not a refined lady, not many of them come form the southern wastes." She said with a shrug. Following him to the inn she sat across form him. "Then catch my interest, I have things to do." She said looking at the inn keep. "I'll take a leg of lamb, one of your finest loafs, some stewed potatoes and carrots, and a pint of ale that does run out." She ordered. Turning her attention back to the man in front of her she gave him a soft smile. "Now as you were saying."

He began explaining while the food was being cooked.

"I am an alchemist and Red Mage, I am currently looking for someone to come with me to look for materials needed to make special weapons and armor. But since I cant fight while I cast my magic I usually cant fight bandits effectively when they try to come and steal my goods. I need a body guard of sorts. And I think you could do well such a job."

He said ommitting his other motives... to get a strong companion as well as a wife might not be the best way to say it at least not yet.

"I offer a salary as well if you are to come with me and spoils... not only that I will issue you some armor with alchemic properties. But that may be at a later moment for now it would be better if you have your meal and think it over."

She sat quietly the whole time he spoke and remained quite until the food was brought out. Taking in a slow deep breath she let it out slowly and bowed her head for a moment. Looking up at him with no expression to give away her thoughts she took a bite of the lamb. Sitting the leg back down she looked at him once more and took another deep deliberate breath. "Alright, I will go along with you." She said after swallowing her bite. "I've been looking for something interesting to do and I believe I have found it, not to mention the perks of the job, and other than you being a bit on the clumsy side you seem like a good man with little other motive." She said with a smile. "No lets eat." She returned to her leg of lamb and stewed vegetables making quick work of them all. While she was eating she would lift her pint and drink heavily dropping it back to the table empty each time and having it filled again just as fast. "So tell me, where do you plan on going for these materials?" She asked, after all she was going to be wandering around with him for a while so she might as well find out where she would be wandering.

"We need to gather some materials to contract with Elemental spirits. So several mines are on the way to gather the stones and then making the pact with the spirits. Luckily this area is surrounded by such places."

He said as he ate his food and drank wine.

"So we will depart when you feel ready to the first mine there we will get some rubys Opals and such those are for making the rings to contract."

"What kind of threats can I be expecting?" She asked finishing her sixth pint of ale and started on her seventh. Looking at him she smiled a little, her cheeks had become a bit flushed from the drink. Resting her chin on her fist she looking at him intently. "Your not human." She said softly and leaned across the table her face about six inches from his. "Your a half elf." She said quietly and fell back into her seat. "Well that explains a lot." She mumbled with a small laugh.

"Bandits... lots of them they are always after my alchemic finds." He heard her say that he was not a full human... and then he instinctively grabbed a hold of his right ear, the tips were obviously a give away.

"Ah you could tell? Well then yes I am, Is that odd?"

He said as she was much closer to him seemingly he was not used to be this close to anyone.

"What do you mean it explains a lot?"

He was surprised she could tell and yet he knew he wasn't wearing anything to hide it.

She snorted at the thought of bandits. "They are for the most part weaklings." She said finishing her cup and shaking her head to another refill. She smiled when he grabbed his ear. "That's part of it, but your eyes and skin tone are a bit off from the people around here, and no it's not odd. I'm surprised you can't tell where I am from, I mean if the fiery red hair and dark green eyes don't give it away, I'm a desert dweller, I hail from the southern wastelands, and normal humans look at us different than them, but race isn't a thing, but us abnormal people need to stick together." She said with a grin. "You know this might be the ale, but the more I look at you the more I realize your actually kinda cute." She said sitting her chin back on her closed fist.

He blushed lightly and looked at her as she drank from her cup chuckling a moment.

"Oh hehe, thank you. I must say you are a bit blunt but that is an appealing trait of yours. And if the Ale it is then I guess I could join you with a few cups. Though I have to state, you certainly look cute enough already."

Silvia grinned at the half elf in front of her. "Blunt is the way to be, no pussyfooting around." She said with a soft laugh that almost seemed unnatural to come from her. Her blush darkened when he said she was cute, not that she had never received compliments on her looks, but cute was a new one for her. "You are a brave little man aren't you?" She asked with a soft smile also almost unnatural to her demeanor. "Well let's see, let me sleep for the night, gather the supplies we I will need and we can depart tomorrow after breakfast."

Brave and little were both things he got often called but still it was not due to his height but to his frail looking body however he was a fierce warrior even if his appearance looked somewhat misleading.

"Certainly" He said as he stepped up from the table and got ready to sleep for the night in the morning he would have purchased any needed item as well as packed all his things back. He would be ready to leave at the appointed time and depart to the mines to gather gemstones.

She walked to her room and stopped at the door turning to Paris she smiled. "Goodnight." She said with a slight bow of the head. Stepping into her room she placed her Halberd against the wall by her bed and started to remove the heavy armour laying each piece by the bed. She stood int he middle of the room wearing a pair of from fitting tights, a silk shirt and her chest bindings. Pulling off the shirt she layed it on the dresser and proceeded to removed the bindings on her chest. Breathing out a sigh of relief when they were off she looked down at her bare chest, which was quite endowed. "You know, you two are more trouble than your worth some days." She said sliding removing her mid-thigh high boots. Sliding her thumbs under the waist of her tights she peeled them off of her long smooth legs and layed them with the rest of her belongings. Crawling into the bed she pulled the covers over her shoulders and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

He entered his room and began packing everything he had. He would be ready by sunrise. In the meantime a much needed sleep was due. He took off his uniform. He still wore his red mage clothes. A single white plume feathered red hat, a red vest covering a puffy shirt, brown pants and leather boots. He carefully toop off his hat letting it rest on top of the desk in the room and undressed his chest taking off the vest and shirt, he placed them neatly folded on the chair by the bed and then his boots and pants were removed as well they were placed carefully by the side of the bed on a chair. He had always had the habit of treating well his belongings as he was taught in his early years while he lived in the elven palace. Once he had disrobed himself completely he thought of the woman he had just met. She was an outstanding beauty and obviously a good candidate to become his bride and future queen of both kingdoms. Just thinking of her made him get a mild erection which he calmed with thoughts of unrelated subjects as he put on his silk sleeping clothes and got into the bed. Trying to sleep with her pacing in his mind.

*Sigh* "I must stay focused."

He said as he slowly fell asleep

The next morning Silvia woke up before the sun had risen. Stretching she let out a soft yawn, and got out of bed. Walking to the dresser she got dressed and put back on her armour. Leaving the room she waited in the lobby of the inn she ordered a small breakfast. "Excuse me, could you kindly wake up the man I came here with, I have some important things to get done." She asked the inn keeper.

Back
Top Bottom