Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The rude awakening (pony and lord dakol)

She pushed him back "how dare you even think about touching me after how you treated me today. I'm not stupid I knew that if it was soft you would see it as innocent and you might ease up enough to give me a chance if it weren't soft then I never would have gotten what was needed to get away from you." she glared at him She slapped him hard across the face "that was for the way you touched me earlier." she then swung her hand again and back handed him "and that's for thinking you could touch me now after how you behaved." she said harshly and headed to leave the balcony.

Caine stood there, frozen as his head stayed to the side and looked at the ground. Suddenly, the look in his eyes had changed again. Under his breath as she left the balcony, "Bitch..."

The one thing he didn't seem to understand was that she was so angry with what was going on that she had become bitter and hateful. The one thing she'd wanted since she was a child was the choice and with him she had none. All she saw was him trying yo pretend like he cared about her. She leaned against the wall inside the doorway leading to the balcony she had heard him but she was just hurting because of the pressure, the pain, and anger.

Caine suddenly rushed back her, avoiding to touch the girl. He needed time to think, and he needed to be away from her until they were wed.

She glared at him as he left she went to her room slamming the door again, he seemed kind but the instant she showed that she was upset with him he went back to the way he was before. She had a maid help her out of her gown and to prepare for bed. She crawled in and went to sleep dreaming of her faceless lover the one who understood and made everything feel at ease. She opened her eyes waking the next morning as the maid pulled back the curtains.

Caine sat on his bed, wanting the day (which was just three days away) to be here. He just needed to concentrate on impressing her father now.

She slowly got out of bed they helped her to bathe and dry dressing her in a yellow gown. She needed so badly for some one to truly feel for her not out of guilt but out of love. She wanted to feel soft kisses on her lips but not from this man. She let them brush her now dry hair leaving it down in long curling tendrils down her back. She walked out of her room once she was ready for the day. She slipped off to the garden to enjoy the free living plants the calmed her and yet she envied them.

Three days later...

Caine smoothed out the black robes he was wearing, smiling with a smirk hidden behind those lips. His hair was combed back, leaving the back of his hair to be completely covered. It was the day of the wedding, and it was today that Elizabeth would finally be his. Five servants were working tirelessly on his appearance, making him look the best he could be.

Elizabeth was in her room wearing her tightly fitted white gown, The maids were working on her hair pinning up the top half leaving the rest to roll down her back in long beautiful dark brown curls with a few loose curls that hung on each side of her face. They applied a fair amount of perfume, she hated having to do this. She was guided downstairs and to a room closest to the courtyard where the ceremony was being held. She stood still while a few more adjustments were made. She looked in the mirror and smiled for a brief moment admiring how beautiful she looked but then remembered that she had nothing to be happy about she was a bride to a man that she meant nothing to. Soon the ceremony started and she was guided to him she would not run out no matter how badly she wished to, only for her fathers honor did she stay.

Caine centered himself greatly, which was hard thing for a man in his state of mind to do. With a sigh, he looked towards Elizabeth, his expression stoic and unreadable.

Elizabeth kept her head down through out the entire ceremony. She knew that he thought that just because she was now his wife that she would just let him have her tonight well he was very wrong she wasn't going to just let him. She would only give that willingly to some one she loved. She didn't care that her father had told her that she was to pleasure him tonight she would not do so with out a fight.

As the ceremony continued, Caine set his mind on trying to figure out why he had an attitude change. It wasn't because he was caught off guard, or the way she had done to make him relax. No, he figured it was the kiss itself... he wondered if she and him had ever been friends at all in their life.

She leaned in once their wedding bands were placed on their no longer naked fingers and kissed his cheek she refused to do anything more. She let him guide her to the room that was ready to celebrate their new union. She didn't look at him through out most of the dinner she ignored him for the most part even through the dance she seemed to be out of focus. She knew what was to come to night.

((Thanks! Almost lost it!))

Caine was silent during their walk to their new bedroom, contemplating of ways of how this could turn out. Opening the door, he allowed Elizabeth to go in first, his eyes still thoughtful. Without another word, he sat down, crossing his arms as he closed his eyes.

She followed him reluctantly. She sat on the opposite side of the room from him, she kept her eyes on the floor not wanting to look at him. She did not want to be near him she knew what she was supposed to do tonight but she would not do so easily. She hated that she had to do this. "you know I always dreamed of not having to do this but having some choice, but I guess dreams never come true." she said coldly she turned her back to him walking over to the window.

"Get over it. Someone seldom achieves their dreams," he muttered, opening his eyes. They ran across the room until they stopped at Elizabeth, "Like me..." he whispered quietly, shuddering gently at the thought.

"you mean like how you wanted to try to calm me make me not hate you so much so that this might be easier for you because you thought you could because of one little meaningless kiss." she said softly she slowly turned looking at him. "I wanted something since I was a small child. I wanted to have a choice, to actually feel for some one. Well now thanks to you that won't ever happen. I hope you're pleased." she said coldly. She walked over to him her eyes boring into him like knives.

"I'm not pleased." he replied calmly, sighing as he gazed into her eyes. Perhaps... he was not the direct reason for her anger. Maybe...

"Give me a chance, Elizabeth." he said, his eyes not blinking once.

"why? all men are the same they think of nothing but how climb ladder of nobility. why should you be any different? I just wanted a choice and I will never have that." she said softly. She looked him in the eyes they had softened slightly only to show the pain and frustration.

Caine slowly stood up, not breaking his gaze. "Can't you... trust me?" he breathed, stepping closer to her until their bodies were inches apart. He leaned into her ear and whispered softly, "Please."

"give me a reason to trust you. You struck me and pinned me before our wedding. You think I belong to you. Like am some sort of land or horse. Give me a reason why I should trust you. The only time you were actually nice to me was after that kiss I gave so I could escape your grasp." she said softly. She turned looking him in the eyes.

"You wouldn't have been able to give me that kiss unless there was something you liked about me." he replied, his hands softly running down her arms.

She turned around quickly putting her back to him "I know you feel nothing for me so why should I feel anything for you. I know you just want to fill my womb that's all I will ever be" she said softly she started to breathe more nervously as he touched her she was afraid. She could feel her barriers her self protection starting to break down but she was trying so hard to fight it. She did not want to feel so weak.

His hands didn't stop running down, finding her hands and gently taking them in his. "You're a mind reader?" he asked calmly, his initial personality slowly fading away as he felt her soft skin.

Back
Top Bottom