Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Tale of Two Lives (BurningWillows & Rskde)

SYFY-Shannara-Chronicles-Manu-Bennett_zpsvaaac7sz.jpg

Flynn grabs her hips as she bounces on to his lap, giving tge area under her belly button a kiss before laughing to himself. "You're right, Eastern." He says.

"Rip it off baby." He says to her, completely expecting her to do it as she seems prepared to do so. When she does finally rip off his shirt he pins her to the bed, pressing his lips to hers again, this time no clothing bars them from each other. His hands wander on her chest, exploring her heavy curve.

38616f1a5b2a88a7b4c3dd0f3ef88a57.jpg

Her breath hitches as his hands run up her sides, careful not to touch her breasts, but it still felt rather risky. Wolves were raised to understand that skin on skin contact was personal, heavily personal, aside from hand shaking and hugging on rare occasions. For Flynn to touch her skin anywhere with his own hands was highly intimate for them, and for her a completely new experience. She went stiff when he got too close to her chest, the nail cuts now healed leaving little pink scars on her soft skin.

"Flynn please," she squeaked, letting a bit of real emotion through as she pushed his hands back down to her hips.

Flynn chuckles and presses his lips to hers again, groaning quietly as he begins to get drunk from her lips. "You're amazing Hayley.." He mumbles to her, hos forehead resting against hers.

They spend the afternoon getting to know each other...and of course making out. By supper Hayley has a better understanding of him, of why he does what he does, how he grew up. The only thing she's still unsure of is what happened to his mate. Ven had told her it had been the plague, but she didn't want to assume until he confirmed it.

"Should we sneak food in here, or go eat with the pack?" she asked, now on top of him as she rested her head on his chest, her body half his size so that her chest pressed into his abs, and her feet couldn't even reach his while they cuddled.

Flynn had grown addicted to the taste of her lips, to her hand on his chest, her chest on his.. Her touch in general, everything about her made his heart beat faster and he knows that she can easily tell. He had already asked her to be his mate, and he hopes that she has at least considered it by now.

"Stay here sexy, I'll get food for us." He mutters before pressing his lips to hers again. He breaks away and uses his hands to lift her off of him, standing with her in his arms before tossing her back on to the bed. "We can eat and then I'm pinning you again." He says with a grin on his face.

He grabs a shirt and slips it on before walking out of his room, closing the door behind him. He walks to the mess hall and grabs two plates worth of food, slipping out and then moving back to his room where he slips inside, closing and locking the door behind him. "Food's here." He says while handing her a plate, it contains Elk, deer, and blueberries, just like his. It also has a cup of wine on it. "I didn't know what you liked other than the wine, but hey, you're a big girl, yeah?" He says with a laugh, the banter comtinues.

She giggles when he tosses her, landing sprawled on the bed upside down. Waiting until he leaves, she bounces to his small washroom to use and then fix her messy tangled hair. By the time he returns she is sitting cross legged on his bed, leafing through a book she found on his shelf about fighting techniques with knives.

"I should have guessed the only reading you do is to further your expertise," she commented, dropping the book on the bed and graciously accepting the food, "this big girl does like wine."

She took a rather large sip, too large for anyone with the knowledge of how to sip wine. Hayley made a funny face as she swallowed the bitter liquid, sticking out her tongue and groaning, looking quite amusing to Flynn.

"Mm wine," she stated in an undertone, sounding unpleased, "maybe I'll stick to food."

"Yeah, reading isn't really my thing." He admits while sitting down, placing his plate of food on his lap. He takes his glass of wine from it, rolling the red liquid around while he takes a bite of his Elk.

Flynn giggles at her displeasure, taking a sip of his own wine. "I'm sure you love wine." He says with the shake of his head. He places his wine glass down, comtinuing to eat the remainder of the food on his plate.

"So now that we've answered a ton of questions, do you have any more for me?" He asks with the raise of his eyebrows. He leans back against the wall, holding his wine glass in his hand before taking another sip from it, he seems to like the taste of wine.

She finished her meal promptly before getting comfortable at the opposite end of the bed facing him, holding the bitter wine she was regretting having asked for. But she took small sips like he did, swallowing it best she could.

"Maybe one. I-"

There was a sudden knock on the door, loud and frightened as it banged harshly. Someone was breathing harshly outside like they'd just run the length of the territory.

"Meeting in Throne Room. Five minutes. Mandatory."

The voice moved away to the next door, repeating the same phrase and moving on, alerting everyone.

"Cmon," Hayley said, abandoning her wine, "This doesn't sound good."

And it wasn't. As everyone settled in the throne room Issac explained they had received a scout from Gareth. Scouts were the fastest runners in the clan, and each pack had a handful. Gareth had sent word of an impending attack. Negotiations were not going well, and the grey wolves wanted to stop the Trials, and raise an uproar in the process.

"They are either attacking the North or the East," Issac finished.

"But the east are warriors, wouldn't that be suicidal?" One wolf called out.

"The grey wolves plan a surprise attack on them. They expect us to be ready but not them. We have sent a scout ahead to warn my son of the impending attack so as such he can prepare his pack. As shall we. The attack is to happen tonight as we were told. All wolves will remain in their quarters behind locked doors. It is advised to bunk with another wolf if you live alone. Groups are harder to attack then a lone wolf. We will send word when we can come out. Dismissed."

The crowd started shuffling but Hayley was at the front with Flynn and the candidates, able to hear Issacs words to Katerina.

"Go to your room and lock up. Let no one in. I'll send the candidates to stay in a single guest room, and Delena will come stay with you."

Katerina nodded, running into the crowd as Issac turned to the candidates beside Hayley," All of you are best to stay together. Choose one of your quarters and lock yourselves in. Hayley, daughter of Gernesh, you should find someone to stay with too. Join the candidates."

She nodded, waiting till he left to turn to Flynn, "your coming with me."

~

Outside in the hall Kayden was rushing to her room, wanting to snag her journal and a few books for the long night ahead. While Delena was sweet, she wasn't always great for long periods of company. After all she was an Elder, and most of her stories she would retell twice or even theee times in a sitting.

Flynn nods and helps Hayley find some clothing that fits her, as he had basically torn her shirt in half from his testosterone-filled lust. He walks out with her to the throne room, biting the bottom of his lip at the news of the Gray Wolves coming to attack one of the packs.

"Wait here." He says to her, running to his room and grabbing a couple of swords and daggers, then returning to Hayley.

He nods to Hayley and walks with her back to her quarters, locking the door and barricading it with a dresser and a chair, as all of the guest rooms contain. He knows well that if a wolf comes in here with the intention of harming Hayley, Flynn would easily kill it.

Dominik walks up the halls with his hands in his pockets, though he spots Kayden. "Hey!" He calls out to her. "Night is falling, let's bunk down." He says to her, opening the door to his room for her, as he knows if an attack were to come through, Kayden would be stuck out in the halls.

Hayley mentions to Bear she'll stay with Flynn and he just shrugs, heading off with Stephen and Lukai. Dominik is no where to be seen, but that seems natural of the man. Following Flynn, they bunk in her room where Flynn barricades the door while Hayley finds a spot on her bed, nervous. The grey wolves were massive, and if they did indeed attack the Winter wolves would be overwhelmed.

~

Kayden was on her way back to Katerinas room when she got stopped by Dominik. Was he looking for me? He had lots of time to bunker down with the other men. Why's he out here?

"I just heard we might be attacked," her voice was shaky, unable to hide the fear pounding within her. She was surprised he hadn't noticed the clothing she was wearing - the same outfit he'd seen her in minutes before as Katerina.

"I was going to bunk with my sister," she lied, pointing in that direction, "she'll probably be worried about me."

Suddenly there was a loud howl outside that shook the halls, making those wolves that been shuffling to thier rooms pick up pace, everyone fleeing into a room and locking themselves in.

"Nevermind!" Kayden squealed, terrified as she flung herself towards the door, looking over her shoulder towards the noise. But she missed her step and ran into Dominik instead. Her cheeks flushed red but then another rumbling howl rang out and her arms wrapped around him, her eyes squeezing shut in fear as she pressed into him.

Dominik holds her tight, walking her into his room and closing the door, throwing the lock on to it. He pulls several items of furniture and barricades the door, not even seeming to be tired after moving the heavy furniture.

He runs his hands through his hair, a low thump sounds as something hits against the door, but it moves on to find easier prey.

He looks over at Kayden, his eyebrows raised. "You responded to Kayden, but you're wearing Katerina's clothes, did you decide to match today?" He asks her, as if trying to take his mind off of the wolves outside.

"Don't worry, if they get in they won't get very far." He comments before falling silent, leaning against the wall in his room, watching the door.

"I've got books under my bed if you want to read them." He offers.

Kayden barely registers what's going on until he sets her down on his bed to barricade the door, her body in shock as she watches him. Her hand slaps over her mouth when someone thumps against the door, silencing the fear bubbling within. The pack had never been attacked before.

"I...yeah we match sometimes," she sad feebly, barely able to think up something better, "I don't think reading will...calm me. Are you sure they won't get in?"

More thumps hit the door, these louder and harder, as someone puts a bit more effort. She can hear the scratching of nails on wood, the hot breath of the wolfs muzzle as it tried to sniff them. Curling her legs up Kayden begins to rock on the bed, her arms over her head to cover the terror written over her face. im dead. If they get in I'm dead.

Dominik listens to the scratching, biting the inside of his cheek. "Calm down Kayden." He says quietly. "They can see your heartbeat, calm down." He says while walking over to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"Just stay calm, if they get in I will protect you." He says quietly before taking his arms away, watching the door with calm eyes, he is completely level headed even in the situation they are in.

"I can't," she whines low, it almost coming out like a dog whines, "Dominik I'm so scared."

The noise quietens for a second and she lets out her breath until suddenly the wolf slams into the door, wood crackling and splintering but the barricade holds. Kayden lets out a scream though, which is only muffled as she flings herself around into Dominiks arms, burying her head in his chest. For all the training she's done and all the works as Katerina, in the end Kaydens still feels like that small weak wolf, terrified she can't defend herself, and scared she's about to die

Dominik keeps his arms around her, watching the door. A high pitched whimper comes from the other side, slamming into that barricaded door couldn't have felt too good. The air is silent now.

Dominik runs his hand up and down her back lightly, as if trying to calm her down. "Everything's going to be alright Kayden.." He says quietly to her, making sure that if she were to make a loud noise it would be muffled by his chest.

She clung to him, refusing to budge as the night wore on, her ears catching every painful sound as the grey wolves attacked the halls, knowing by morning the rock would be running red with blood.

~

They had gotten the scout in the nick of time. Christian had been in a meeting with some of the pack when Ivory got bombarded by the scout. Hearing his news, she quickly relayed the message to Christian. Instantly the pack went on high alert, and any pups under 18 were to be led by Ivory south to the fire wolves, while the Eastern Pack fought off the Mountain Pack. Ivory sent a scout ahead to Gernesh to warn him of what was happening, that they were coming, and that the North was being attacked too...where his daughter was. By the time they arrived it was almost dawn and Gernesh looked a mess, worried over his only child now.

"Issac will protect her," Ivory promised, although even she wasn't sure, "when the battle is over we will run for North. It's only a days trip away."

Christian stands guard with his warriors, all of them watching the perimeter, though no attack came to the Eastern pack, which means the Gray Wolves are busy with the North or the scout lied to them.

He eventually leaves his warriors to do their job, walking to his hut and laying down, staring at the ceiling all night as he doesn't have Ivory next to him to comfort him.

27.07.1520-201_zpspvjemoq5.jpg

Kayden had fallen asleep in Dominik's arms, so afraid of the sounds that she had shut everything out, and eventually exhaustion overtook her. All night she had nightmares of grey wolves ripping her throat apart or Dominik's...or Lukai's. It wasn't until her last dream that she got any rest from the nightmares. The horrendous nightmares swirled and turned into her room, where she was standing in the middle of the room, wearing nothing but a short tunic.

There was a knock on the door...and in stepped Dominik, looking sexy as ever. He said nothing, just closed the door. Her heart stammered as his dark eyes turned back to look at her, and then he sprung.

"Dominik!" she squealed, as he picked her up, letting her wrap her legs around his waist as her hair sprinkled his face, lowering her own head to his, her mouth on his. Her hands were in his hair, his hands running up her back and into her hair. The dream got even steamy as he dipped her onto her bed and his shirt suddenly disappeared, as if it never was worn.

"Mmm Dom," she groaned, catching his bottom lip with her teeth, tugging on it gently.

"We have all night," he replied in a sultry deep voice, making her skin tingle.

"All night isn't enough with your glorious body," she purred back, running her hands down his abs, "Don't ever leave me Dominik."

"Wouldn't dream of it darlin'," he smiled back, giving her that dazzling mischievous grin.

"Good," she whispered, "I want you Dominik. Only you."

While her dream continued to get steamier, Kayden was actually wiggling and groaning in her sleep, her words within the dream coming out as breathless whispers for Dominik to hear.

He lets her sleep, glad that she is asleep so that she cannot hear the scuffle going on outside of their room, it's obvious there's a conflict, every so often a loud whimper or the sound of claws on skin will sound.

Dominik feels her wiggling and groaning, but he's too tired to comprehend any of it. Instead his eyes drift closed, his head resting against hers as he falls fast asleep, no dreams or nightmares interupt the delicacy of this moment.

Kayden woke with a jolt when there was a knock on the door, interupting her erotic dream. A blush filled her cheeks as she found herself in Dominik's arms still, clinging to him as she had the night before.

"The Grey Wolves are gone. All children must stay in their quarters. Available adults are needed in the Throne room. Advised, do not let children out of quarters."

The messenger moved along, and once more went door to door to proclaim his news. Kayden shook Dominik awake, her blush worsening when she saw his face, those dark eyes in her dream, those lips...

"We are needed in the Throne Room," she explained, "Sounds like clean up duties."

6cb50cae7d5283e22011bf006b850c95_zpspublmuu6.jpg

The door leading in to Lukai's room was busted when the messenger came, but Lukai and his sister were fine. Even though Issac had advised the candidates to stick together, Lukai still had one family member visiting. He'd advised Stephen and Bear to bunk in his room, where he could protect his young sister. And he had. He'd locked Stephen in the bathroom after the incessent little leech kept screaming every time he heard a noise. His little sister was hidden in the wardrobe with her dolls and told to stay quiet and out of sight. Bear proved an amirable fighter, the two of them working together in wolf form to tackle any threat that got into the room. They had barricaded it but it fell through and Grey Wolves were able to get in, although they only had to face one or two at a time. By morning the men were seeped in blood, as was the quarters.

So when the messenger did come, he had no door to knock on. Instead he found two angry wolves, waiting for their next victims.

"I see," was all he said, backing away, "Alpha wants able bodied wolves in the throne room. No children."

Lukai made a noise to Bear, nodding at him to go along, that he'd remain and clean up. Shifting into human form behind the bed, Lukai released Stephen and told him where to head, the man still drenched in blood. He began mopping up his body when their was a sharp gasp in his room and he came running out, still without clothes.

"Lukai," the white haired princess was standing in his room, looking relieved at first to see him, then surprised and shocked at his lack of clothing, "Please cover up!"

"Sorry princess," Lukai turned away, "Everything alright?"

"I saw the wreckage...wanted to see if you were still alive. I'm glad you are. I must head to the throne room. Are you coming?"

He smiled at her concern for him, "I think I'll stay behind here and clean up. My little sister is sleeping in the wardrobe and I'd really like to get her out, but she's too young to see this...mess."

Katerina stared at the bodies a few more seconds before nodding, "That's wise. I should catch up with Dominik...and the others of course. I will see you soon."

She left and Lukai got to work on his room, focusing on discarding the bodies and mopping up blood before his baby sister awoke.

They had gotten the news, and just like the rest, they were pulling down their baricades to see the damage. Blood splattered the stone walls, seeping across the floor in small and large puddles. Bodies were piled in doorways, rooms, and often in pieces. Hayley stopped looking after her stomach knotted for the third time, focusing on staring at her feet. On their way to the Throne room they found Bear freshly Changed, his human form still coated in blood as he dragged on a pair of oversized pants he found.

"It's temporary," he explained.

Hayley made a face, "You can't waltz into the Throne Room coated in blood Bear. I'm happy your alive...but I don't think anyone wants to know how many wolves are on your hands."

"Too many," he sounded upset, "Our barricade didn't hold and me and Lukai fended off wolves all night. No help from Stephen of course, and Dominik's been missing. I'm just on my way to my room to clean up and change into fresh clothes."

"I'll see you there."

As he left she turned to Flynn, "That could have been us. Thank god your barricade held all night."

She continued to the Throne Room with him, wanting to help clean up the sorrow leaking through the halls.

91726834408838cf745ac4621d0f5491.jpg

Gernesh was driving her nuts. Not only was the soon-to-be mama wolf stressed over her own mate, she had to listen to Gernesh all night rant and rave about Hayley's safety. Ivory tried calming him, but to no avail, so she retired to a chair and let him rant while she worried silently over Christian. As night became day scouts arrived from the East saying they held no attack, but there was word the North had been hit hard.

"And my mate? Christian?" she asked.

"Safe ma'am," the scout nodded, "Shall I send him your word?"

"Tell him I want him to run North, with a small but trustworthy group, and help Issac with any issues within the Northern Pack. They are not fighters, and they must have suffered greatly. I will return to the East to raise our army in preparation for a second attack. The Mountain Wolves have declared themselves enemies. This could lead to war."

When her scout left she turned to Gernesh, "There is no doubt that you will want to return to the North. I suggest you do the same as my mate, and take your strongest and loyalist men and women with you. If you could send word to the River Pack and West, that would also help."

"I have," no shook his head, "The Western Pack sent back my scout this morning, poor boy was about to collaspe. The Beta there is returning to the North with a few men, wanting to aid Issac. But for some reason there has been no response from the River Pack. And my scout has yet to return."

"That is most odd," Ivory shrugged, "It is matters for another time, I am sure the message has been relayed somehow. If it is alright with you, we would like to leave our children here, where they are safest."

"Of course."

"Then I must return to my duties. Thank you Gernesh. May your daughter return to you happy and healthy."

With that she left, walking through the pack's settlement towards the river that divided them from the East. She wore no shoes and nothing more than a loose white tunic with a high belt to hide the growing bulge of her stomach. Already her pregnancy was showing, an effect of the werewolf gene. Normal human pregnancies of nine months contrasted with the wolfs gestation period of around two months. Because of that, many female were's found their entire pregnancy to last between four and six months, making their babies growth exceptionally quicker. For Ivory that meant in a week she went from faint heart beats to growing belly, and soon there would be no way to hide it from the pack. It worried her though...exposing she was pregnant during war within the clan could be dangerous. Cruel hearted could see her as a weakness to Christian. Take out his mate and pups, and Christian would barely be able to lead his pack. Because of this Ivory was careful to hide her stomach, wanting to go as long as she could without anyone knowing.

Daniel-Gillies_zps6mtt1mow.jpg

Dominik had listened to her sexual groans and whimpers of desire, most of them containing his name, his head had been buried into her neck, so when she wakes up and pulls away from him, he groans quietly with the effort of waking up.

His eyes flutter open and meet hers, he sees the blush that forms on her pale skin and he knows she had remembered the dream.. Maybe if Stephen got Katerina he would have his choice of the litter, and he would most undoubtedly choose Kayden.

He gets out of bed and gets dressed, walking to the throne room and leaning against the wall, trying not to stand out in the crowd as Isaac gets ready to say whatever it is he has to say.

Flynn smiles at her remark. "Yeah, I guess my barricade did a nice job." He says with a smile. He had enjoyed the night of solitude with Hayley, even with the noise outside they had been making out, getting to know each other more, and it had been amazing for the both of them to be locked in a room together.. Now Flynn just wants more from the pup, though he knows he can't have it until she is eighteen.

The meeting was quick and immeasurably sad. Issac went over the deaths - almost half the pack had been slaughtered - but luckily no guests had been harmed, so further damage to the clan had been avoided. Issac planned a mass funeral to be held at dusk and asked all wolves to help on gathering the dead outside to be lit on fire, a ceremonial way to burn their bodies to ash so that those ashes could spread throughout the forest. He also asked for the halls and quarters to be cleaned and restored, although he understood it would take a few days.

"We do not preceive another attack, so please do not fear for your lives. Our scouts are fast, our alliances within the clan still strong."

It took four days for the Northern pack to set their home right. In those four days all the Beta's - of course with the exception of the Grey wolf Beta - returned, including Christian but not Ivory. Gernesh was relieved to see his daughter unharmed, and to her luck the black eye had healed over the night of the attack, so no one knew what had happened. As for the Grey Wolves, talk of them was sparse, but Kayden knew Christian, Issac, and Gareth were handling matters, trying to keep the pack from any more panic.

And one of the ways to calm the clan's worry over the recent attacks came up over lunch, when Kayden was requested to meet her father in his quarters, along with Christian and Gareth.

"What do you need father?" she asked, stepping in and kneeling before him.

"You are all here," Issac nodded, "The Grey Wolves have holed up in their mountains, and unfortunately no wolf knows how to travel those rocky cliffs like a grey wolf. Gareth has been trying to track their movement, but has lost them. I have asked your brother to set up a perimeter around the mountains with his men and women, to make camps bordering so that any attack from here on can be prevented until this blows over. We have lost too many to continue this fight."

Kayden gave Christian a sidewards glance, knowing he'd be less than keen to help their father after the stunts he had pulled with Ivory. But then again...the clan was at risk.

"So what do you need me for?" she asked, a little braver than usual. Training and impersonating her sister had begun to rub off on her.

"We want you to commence with the third Trial," Gareth spoke up, "A distraction for the Northern pack and the Beta's, so their attention can move off what is going on with the mountains."

"Wolves are already panicked enough," Issac agreed, "Seeing reinforcements bordering the mountains will give them more reason to worry. You will set up the Trial for two days time. It will pull all attention towards you and the Trials."

"And your agreeing to this?" she asked Christian, turning to him.

Oscars-weekend-chris-wood-38181551-600-796.jpg

Christian sits in with the private meeting, his arm draped across the back of his chair as he listens to them speaking, he doesn't really feel the need to help the North, but since his sister is here he decides to send his warriors.

He looks over at Kayden as she speaks to him. "We need to distract the rest of the clan.. And you need to find a mate any way, you turned eighteen weeks ago, we've already pushed the Trials back enough, if anything I would support doing it tomorrow." He says while looking her straight in the eye.

"Two days is fine," she replied, looking back to her father, "My next Trial was to be combat...but I think there has been enough blood shed."

Gareth nodded, "With the unrest and the potential for more Beta's to break alliances, killing their candidates is less than wise. Perhaps if you wish to try their strength, it is not to the death, but till the opponent is unconcious or unwilling to stand."

Kayden nodded, "Alright."

"You are dismissed Kayden."

She turned to leave, walking through the door. As it closed however she caught the words of Issac, speaking lowly to Gareth and Christian, "Has the River Pack's Beta arrived yet? We had word she would and she hasn't. And Gareth mentioned when he sent a scout they never returned."

"The River Pack is too far for the Grey Wolves to attack," Gareth replied, "But that does seem odd. Christian, would you think Ivory would be available to make a trip down south and check it out? She is the only Beta not here - with good reasons of course."

Oscars-weekend-chris-wood-38181551-600-796.jpg

Christian nods at the trial, knowing well that more blood shed would not be wise for the clan at the moment. He walks out of the room to talk with Gareth and the other Beta's.

He bites the bottom of his lip. "Ivory is to have children soon, I don't believe that possible danger and stress would be wise for her." He says quietly. "Send a scout if you must, but Ivory isn't going any where else." He explains, leaning against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom