Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Werewolf Siblings. (Steel and Fire x Lagertha)

Matthew Corbin woke up slowly, his dreams of the full moon, running through the night and the scent of prey slowly fading away, only to be replaced by the blaring of his alarm clock. Bleary eyed, he rolled over and turned it off, checking the time. Nine seventeen. He rolled onto his back with a groan and rubbed his eyes, clearing them. He took in a deep breath, his enhanced senses allowing him to pick out all the smells in the house. He could smell coffee and cereal from his parents breakfast before the left for work, and the smell of his brother's aftershave. And amidst it all, the much subtler smell of his sister, much more familiar than all the rest of them, a scent he'd be able to pick out anywhere. He pushed all the others out, focusing on that one, breathing it deep, as much was he could before letting the rest of the smells flood back in.

With a groan he through the covers back and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He grabbed a nearby pair of joggers and pulled them on, before standing up and approaching there curtains, throwing them open. He grimaced at the bright sunlight, letting his eye readjust to the sudden increase in light. He turned to his wardrobe and pulled a red hoodie from and left his bedroom.
"Hey sis, you still around?" He called out. "I'm gonna grab a quick shower."
He went into the bathroom and set about getting ready, brushing his teeth and showering, the water washing over his short brown hair, his broad shoulders and his slim, muscular torso. He stepped out the shower and dried himself off, dressing in his grey joggers and red hoodie, before heading downstairs to the kitchen, where he grabbed an apple for breakfast and started making a cup of coffee.

Vara hated waking up in the morning. Where her family was ready and prowling around the house for the day, she just wanted to sleep. Though, Vara Corbin at a young age had come to terms with what her family was, why they lived in a small town on the edge of the city. All the people that lived here weren't normal, majority of them were in their pack, and the others had grown up with them over the centuries protecting the family from human outsiders. Needless to say, the whole pack owned the forest they lived in, and had it protected as well as the 'wolfs' in the forest. It never made a difference, though, knowing her family was werewolves and she would become one when her age hit sixteen.

Still, Vara had anticipated the moment when she'd find a mate to distract her from the pain of changing, and she had turned fifteen with none in sight. There was also the fact she had been close to her brother Matthew, closer than any sibling should, but still. Still Vara had hoped she'd find her mate before she turned sixteen. There was something else that was odd, Vara had turned sixteen and unlike other girls in the pack she had not turned on the night of her sixteenth birthday. Minutes, hours, days, weeks, a month had passed without Vara turning and her parents had all but wept at the thought she might never turn.

Vara had come to terms with the idea she would never get a mate, or she might never turn. Even when her parents had taken her to one of the healers, had the old man looked at her and laughed. At first she had thought he would tell her the same thing everyone else thought; she would never become like the rest of them, but the man had grinned with missing teeth and coughed out some cannabis he had just placed in a pipe. "You'll turn. In time you'll turn." She remembered his smoky breath, the way the smoke he exhaled had filled up her lungs and made her cough..but it still didn't change the fact that Vara still was human.

Today was no different, and her parents had figured if she was going to change there would be a warning, they'd be around for it. Life was moving on, and they knew they had things to do. Especially when they were leaving this week for however long they needed. Another pack had gotten recently smaller over the decades that humans had been hunting the wolves, they had no protection, they had only a handful of them left a family or two and now..Now her parents had been asked to go with the Alpha and Betas to scout out the other families, to see if they could implement them into the pack. There was another reason they were needed, to scout the area to make sure it was only hunters, humans, hunting wolves and not something else. Her mother, had thought Vara would be alright. After all, Matthew was there, as well as her other older brother and she could always turn to them for help.

"If only they knew.." Vara grumbled at the thought of waking, she could smell the food downstairs as she bit down on her bottom imagining something she shouldn't have. Still the image of her brother's head between her legs licking her awake made her open her eyes groaning, but it was only that; an image in her head from another time when they had been alone. Though, Vara and Matthew had done nothing more then fool around and neither of them ever admitted what they had done or how they felt. To Vara it still felt right, but she knew no one would understand. "Mmm...Matthew.." Vara had a pillow wrapped in her small pale arms, her legs around the large pillow as she heard the voice calling from downstairs. She knew it all too well, the announcement of who it was did not need to be said. "A shower sounds nice..." Vara only fell back to sleep at the thought of showering with him.

"Vara Corbin! Wake your butt up! Your father and I are leaving soon!" Her mother was pulling off her pink blankets, sparkle was laced in them, but Vara didn't notice. Her legs and arms stayed wrapped around the large violet pillow as her mother pulled the sheets from her, flinging her arms up in defeat. Finally, as she watched the small girl snooze, her mother went over to the light switch, flicking in on and off. "Get up! Get up! Get up! We may enjoy the moon but we are still creatures of the waking world!" Vara's green eyes snapped open at the flood of light.

"Mooommm! I already know you and dad are leaving isn't that enough?" Vara groaned, sitting up as she rubbed her eye lips. Her mom only smiled back at her, the drool on Vara's pillow and the corner of her lip.

"No, come great your brother's mourning and see us out. Get changed please!" With that her mother left as quickly as she came, shutting the door behind her. Vara groaned, yawning as she slide out of bed in nothing more than a pair of lavender tank top and short shorts; no one in her pack seemed shy about showing off their bodies for the most part.
She moved to her small bathroom, brushing her teeth, combing her hair, deodorant, perfume, and she swapped clothes into some white tights, and a dress. Vara took a look at herself in the mirror, her breasts were large at about 38D, she had a small waist and large firm ass, toned body, a oval shaped face, straight nose, pouty pink lips, long thick brown eyelashes, rounded brows, and long wavy mahogany colored hair that stopped a bit above her butt - though it would go past if she straighten it.

Vara sighed as she walked down in slippers down the stairs to the kitchen. She stood in the doorway smelling it, as she listened to her parents taking suitcases out to their car. As much as they enjoyed traveling by foot, the trip would be too long for that and they weren't sure how long they would be gone. Vara looked around the kitchen, the white and gold color kitchen as she stopped, looking at the back of her brother Matthew making a cup of coffee. Vara smiled, moving behind him and hugging him, though the girl was short and only stood at 5'2.

"Mourning! May I have a cup as well?" Vara asked, gripping him tightly before pulling away as their mother came back into the room. Her mother looked like her, but much taller and older. Unlike Vara, their mother colored her hair a jet black, wore black lipstick, eyeliner and mascara and black tight fitting clothing with high heels. The black only made her tanned skin look as frighteningly pale as Vara's. "Hi mom. I'm awake." Her mother smiled softly, her green eyes glistened as she moved to Vara and hugged her. Their mother stood at about 6' in heels.

"Good. The boys will take care of you while we are gone. Matthew, call us if anything happens that we need to come home right away." Vara hugged their mother, Zoe Corbin, as she looked at Matthew and spoke. "I mean it. If Vara changed while we are gone, I want to know, I'll be on the first flight back!" Zoe snapped before leaning down to hug Vara again. "Don't change your first time while we are gone." Vara looked up at her as she pulled away. Zoe moved to the kitchen archway, a circular thing that had plants growing throughout it. "Eat something Vara! No skipping breakfast!" Zoe called as she moved to the front door and vanished from view.

Vara sighed when she was gone, grabbing some fruit and a plate of pancakes that had been made for her most likely by their father, before she sat, on the bar and sat down with some milk. "So...I guess you'll be taking over mom's job of being my teacher while she's gone?" Vara looked at Matthew grinning, as if it was a challenge. "Does this mean I can poke fun at you more?"​

"Hey V." Matthew said with a grunt as his sister hugged him tight from behind. He finished making two cups of coffee as she hugged him tighter, and he made exaggerated panting sounds as if struggling to breathe from her hug. He managed to turn around and return the hug, breathing her scent in deep. It was true, Matt and Vara had been very close a few years back. They still were by all means, but a few years ago it was different. They experimented a lot together, sexually. They never had sex or anything like that, but they often looked at each others naked bodies, and fooled around in other ways together. Ways that siblings shouldn't. And then about a year ago they had been very close to being caught by their older brother, and so decided that it would be better for everyone if they stopped. After all being werewolves brought enough issues as it was. Though Matthew still had the occasional fantasy about what could have been.

"You're looking very nice today." Matthew said when they broke apart, quickly looking her up and down, perhaps not in an entirely sibling-like way. He flashed her a quick grin, before grabbing his apple and biting into it. He finally managed to tear his eyes away from his sister to greet his mother.
"Hey mom." He said around a mouthful of apple, gaining a disapproving look from his mother before she began to speak to the two of them. "Don't worry about it, I'll take care of her. She'll be fine with me." Matthew told his mother as he walked her out of the house, carrying the last suitcase for her as he took a few more bites of his apple.
"I know." His mother, Zoe said as he loaded the suitcase into the boot of the car. "I just worry, I've never heard of anyone turning this late, and without a mate." She made a face and Matthew could tell that she was trying her best to not be judgemental.
"I know but this is Vara, if anyone doesn't need a mate, it's her, she's stronger than you know. Probably stronger than she knows." He tried to give his mother a reassuring smile before they hugged and said goodbye. As she got in the car he turned to talk with his father, Daniel Corbin, who was wearing black trousers and shoes, with a deep plain blue shirt tucked in.
"Look after the place while we're gone okay? Not wild parties and no girls over?" Matt's father said, making an overly serious face before the pair of them laughed. "Seriously though, take care of your sister and keep an eye on her. Robbie will be over after work, but he can't be around too much these days, so it falls to you to be the man of the house while I'm gone. You up for it?"
"Of course. Everything will be fine, I promise. You guys travel safe and stay in touch, yeah?" Matthew replied.
"Will do." The two of them hugged briefly and Daniel ruffled his sons hair before getting in the car and driving away.

Matt waved to them before returning to the house and finding his sister in the kitchen. He sipped his coffee and stole a pancake from her before sitting down opposite her.
"Well she didn't say I had to teach you, but I guess being the amazing brother I am, I'll do what I can." He flashed her a cheeky grin that said he wouldn't go easy on her. he be just as much of a challenge for her as she would be for him. "They did however say you had to respect me, like, loads and do everything I tell you too. Oh and also Robbie will be nipping over tonight." He added, referring to their older brother, who moved out just under a year ago. He finished off the pancake and grabbed another from Vara's plate, sticking his tongue out at her.

"You big rat you! Stop stealing all my food!" Vara growled at him, leaning over her food as she glared at him before smiling. She wished things could be simpler, that they could just have the place to themselves the two of them. It would be nice if they could back to how things were a year ago, or at least fool around once more before Robert came over. "Ughhh! I'm smarter than you, you know!" Vara rose a brow mocking him. She sat back down, drinking her orange juice before starting to finish her pancakes, putting extra maple syrup on it.

When he stuck out his tongue at her, she grabbed it between her small fingers and long manicured nails. She had a thing for looking presentable like her mother. "No teasing me with that anymore." Vara grunted, imaging things she probably shouldn't. "It's annoying when I think about all the things you could be doing with it." Vara looked down at her meal, pulling her hand away as she stuffed her face full of pancakes again. Her head tilted as she sighed about the thought of Robert coming home.

"Why does he need to come over anyways? Aren't you old enough to watch the house by yourself?" Vara looked past Matthew's shoulder, trying her best to make eye contact. She was in deep thought. "It's not like I'm going to change anytime soon, it's already been three months since my birthday. I should have changed by my birthday night." Vara smiled softly at the thought, she pointed her syrup covered fork at her brother. "Besides. I'm the only girl my age who is mated to a boy. Everyone thinks it's strange, but no one talks about it." Vara huffed at the thought pushing her plate forward as she downed the rest of her orange juice, though some escaped the corner of her lip and fell down her chin as she put the glass down. "I'm done. What do I need to do today for chores?" Vara asked as she jumped down off the stool.​

Matthew laughed at her and her little growl as she tried to keep him away from her food. He held his hands up in mock defeat. His smile slowly faded as he looked at her, making eye contact. Things would probably be a lot different between him and Vara if not for Robbie nearly catching them fooling around way back when. He looked at his sister and wondered how he was supposed to not wanter her, all to himself. He immediately felt guilty for being angry at his brother, after all it was probably for the best that they weren't as close anymore. He closed his eyes and pushed the thoughts away, finishing off the pancake he'd nabbed from her.
"Oh smarter than me are you?" He asked, laughing. "Well be that as it may, I'm older than you, so I'm still in charge, 'kay?" He said with a teasing grin. He swatted her hand away as she grabbed his tongue. "Damn I hate it when you do that." He said, giving her a pretend evil look, before fading into an awkward silence.
"It's annoying when I think about all the things you could be doing with it." Matthew wished he hadn't heard her say that, it dragged up all the feelings he was trying to ignore, plus to reminded him that she obviously still wanted to fool around, as if he wasn't tempted enough as it was.

"He's just looking out for us, you know what big brothers are like right?" He said with a grin. "Besides he's not gonna be staying here, he'll just be coming over a few nights. He's gonna be spending most of his time with Elle anyway, they've got a wedding to plan now." Matthew explained, before finishing off his coffee as Vara turned serious, talking about her late change before jumping up.
"I hate it when you get all serious." He said, giving her a sad smile as he stepped closer, gently wiping the orange juice from the corner of her mouth, staring for a while at her lips, wanting nothing more than to kiss them, before turning away. "So, first chore, clean up the pots. "Second chore, come hang out with your super cool brother." He said looking at her over his shoulder and flashing her a grin, before leaving the kitchen and entering the large lounge, flooded with sunlight. He adjusted the blinds so that the sun was off the tv and switched it on before flopping heavily onto the big black leather sofa, sprawling out.

Robert Corbin leaned over the engine of the car, thinking deeply and idly toying with a few bits, before scratching his black stubble, with matched his messy black hair. He was tall, broad and muscular, visible even with his loose fitting blue jumpsuit. Back in high school he had had the typical bad boy look, tall, dark and handsome, with the leather jackets and attitude to match. Now, at twenty seven years old he was a respectable mechanic, with his own small garage. He heard a car pull up behind him and breathed in deep as one of the doors opened and closed. He didn't need to turn around to know who it was, his werewolf senses telling him all he needed to know.
"Hey mom." He called out, before turning around.
"Hello Robert." She said with a warm smile. It was uncanny to look at them both with the same bright green eyes. "We can't stay long, we're going to meet the others now and it'll be a long journey. I just wanted to ask-"
"Look after Vara and Matt." He finished for her. "Don't worry mom, they'll be fine. I'm gonna stop in a few nights to check on them." He explained.
"Thank you so much. We really do need to go now, but take care, I love you." They hugged and then Zoe Corbin got back in the car, Daniel waving to his son before they drove off.
Robert turned back to the engine, bringing his hands down hard on it in frustration. He didn't relish the thought of having to hang out with his siblings any time soon. He knew what Vara and Matt were like. So close, almost inseparable and it infuriated him. It didn't help that he just wanted to be close with Vara as well, to be the protective big brother and look out for her, but oh no, Matt already had that title. Thoughts of his sister cam flooding back, things he shouldn't think and he pushed them away, turning to thinking of his fiancé, Elle and their future together.

Vara huffed at her brother Matthew when he talked about Robert watching out for them. She always was displeased with calling him Robbie like he wanted, so Vara reframed and called him by his real first name as if it was an insult. However, she still loved Robert, she just was not fond of him anymore since Matthew and her had almost been caught by him. "Still, it's like I'm five all over again. Him watching over us like we are still kids!" Vara had her hands on the bottom of her dress playing with it as she looked up at him raising a brow as he commented about her seriousness. She smiled softly as he wiped away the orange juice from the corner of her lip before it dripped onto her chest. Still, Vara pulled away not wishing to think about him being undeniably sweet to her like he used to be.

"I'm always serious about not turning. I'm jealous and annoyed every other girl in the pack has a mate and has turned but I haven't!" Vara stomped her foot, sighing as she tilted her head and nodded about the comment on dishes and pots. She moved to the corner of the isle, opening a cabneit and pulling out a stool. Unlike the rest of her family. Vara was too short for any of the counters, and her parents enjoyed the tall counters. She unfolded the stool, setting it up in front of the sink as she pulled her dishes off the counter and placed them next to the sink. Vara pushed her hair out of her face as she pulled her coffee cup from the counter and took a sip from it. "Yuck! You made my coffee black you rat!" Vara glared at him before smiling as he mentioned hanging out with him. "Only if we are doing something cool like plotting our revenge on all those animals in the forest that wish our demise!" Vara teased as she stood on the stool and bent over. She turned on the water and soaped up a sponge to start cleaning the pots and pans.

Vara put the clean pots and pans on the side, next to the counter. She had fixed her coffee the way she liked; creamer, too much sugar, and she held it with both cups as she walked out of the kitchen and stood in the living room watching him on the couch. "I'm much too short to reach the cabinets please put them away?" Vara made a regal expression like she was some sort of princess before grinning at him sheepishly. She batted her lashes as she grinned at him before sipping on her coffee.

Vara hoped like a bunny almost into the room and sank into the couch a cushion away. She tried anymore, to not sit close to him like they used to. It made things awkward, for her at least, she wasn't certain how Matthew felt anymore, but sometimes she thought he felt the same way. "So..what are we going to watch? Or we could go out with some of the kids in the pack. I'm sure they are playing some sort of sports." Vara mused though she stared at her coffee frowning as she sipped it. She wanted to say run through the woods, but Vara couldn't keep up with her friends anymore since they had shifted. So she tried her best to stay back and do things she could. "Or I guess I can do laundry like I was suppose to a week ago." She groaned at the idea and sunk into the seat as she stared forward at the t.v. "Tall people have it so much easier than us short stack shits." Vara squeaked in a playful voice as she said the words laughing at herself.

Matthew did the best he could to ignore Vara as she complained about Robert watching over them. he understood what it was like to be an older brother, yet he and Vara were much closer than either of them was with Robbie and a small part of him resented the fact that Robbie had very nearly caught the two of them fooling around. Matt often found himself wondering where things could have gone if Robbie hadn't have come home early. He pushed those thoughts out of his mind as he looked over to his sister.

"Well I'm sure we'll think of something as equally awesome to do." Matt said with a grin. He struggled to tear his eyes away from her as she bent over the sink, giving him an ample view up her dress. Matt had to wonder if she meant to do that or if it was an accident, but either way he enjoyed the view more than he should have done as her brother. "Well how can I resist when you bat your eyelashes like that!" Matt exclaimed, grinning as he approached the sink and began to put the pots away.

"Well it's been a while since just you and me hung out." Matt said with a warm, friendly smile, struggling not to think back to the times when he and Vara used to fool around. "Maybe we can just watch tv or a film together, or maybe play a game?" Matt asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at his sister with an echo of the smile that was there moments ago.

Vara watched him carefully from the couch as he had gotten back up after she had come into the living room. She watched him move into the kitchen after watching her for a while and she sat up before getting off the chair to follow him inside. She watched his back, his movements and frowned as he put the dishes away. Vara missed the feeling of his shoulders under her small hands, his arms wrapping around her when they had been completely alone, but now...that was so long ago. They had both agreed it was better to stop. What had they been doing anyways? They were siblings and no one would accept that kind of love.

"Huh?" Vara looked at him, sipping on her coffee as she blinked out of the daze she was in. She knew he had spoken and she fumbled around in her head. "Well...We could go tree climbing like old times. Though you'll beat me always. There is the tree house as well. Or we could go to the river and go fishing?" Vara was pondering the things they could do, though she knew any sort of physical activity he would win since he had changed already and she had not. "Um..or we can be lame and play board games.." Vara looked at him smiling softly. It was such a cliche human thing to play, but at least she may have a fair chance of winning if they did.

"Or did you have something in mind?" Vara wondered if he still felt like she felt towards him. If he was secretly craving her affection as much as she wanted his. She could see the look in his eyes sometimes, the sadness when she said something that he couldn't pounce on the idea. Though, she wondered if she was just over thinking it. If she just wanted him to still want her like that so much that those were the only outcomes she could see. "Well?"​

Back
Top Bottom