Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dark City [Closed Until Further Notice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurmag

Planetoid
Some ground rules before we start.

1. Be literate and descriptive. I don't require 6 paragraphs going into detail on how a character's hair flows through the wind, but I can't do anything with three sentences either. Give me something to work with, inspire me to do the same for you. Two is the absolute least number of paragraphs I post, and it's usually more - considering I have something to bounce my shots off of.
2. Please don't try to convince me of roleplaying by any means other than IM services. I understand that most people here like threads, PMs, Email. I'm not the kind of guy. I can't take days to get a scene over with, be it an emotional one, smut, action or anything in between. I need to be into it, hyped up. Please respect this.
3. Kinks. If I'm honest, I'm a regular dude. I like most things, and I dislike most things most people dislike. I -won't- do vore/watersports/scat/feet. If you're unsure about something, you can always ask.
4. Timezones! My timezone is GMT+4. Yes, I'm in Russia. I can pretty much always devise some sort of schedule, so don't get your hopes down! Do understand that people have lives outside the internet. I won't leave you hanging if I need a couple days off, telling you in advance. Please do the same.

This RP is strongly based on certain kinky fuckers from the Warhammer universe. You don't need to be acquainted with the latter as it only takes major inspiration from it.

Flavor Text, mm.
One after another, humanity tanked extinction and came out on top. On Earth, within the Solar System, and eventually on the wide frontier. Despite all our tendencies, despite all our mistakes, we slowly, but surely, made our destiny a limping reality. The human race of today is odd.. Probably doesn't resemble what used to be, when we hung around our first Sun. Before we learned how to steal stars. Before we claimed ancient science of a bygone and dead race.

When you can spread like locust, unhindered by minuscule resistance, you become.. depressed. We were mortals brandishing the fire of the gods, with the very concept of heaven unnatural to our instinct to persevere through odds, not cut them like weeds. So we pushed ourselves, pushed hard. We sank into conflict, divided and indulged our needs, our true designation. We fought and killed and defiled and murdered, in a frenzy worthy of the ending chapter of our universe. We shut the door, slammed it hard on our existence and stormed out of the crystal palace, the dreams of an innocent past.. To think Nukes were our biggest thing once.

Brings us up to date in short order, don't it? After all, we survived. Many returned to ancient knowledge and ideologies, taking whole systems at a time under their wing. A lot now roaming in feral state, on lush worlds orbiting distant stars. Most have had enough, came to their senses after the fire was taken from them. But, well..

Not everyone.

Commorragh_Dark_City.png

Welcome to Commorragh.

It's a big-ass alien fortress floating in the slipstream - where our ships go to bypass light speed. Hang on, let me say it again - it's big. Big as in powered by two stolen suns big. It was here before us, and I imagine it will be here long after. Right now, however, it's our turf.
You see, it's never a unanimous agreement with us humans. Many didn't want to stop. In fact, they simply couldn't. The debauchery we sank into was not a week-long party. Do it for decades, do it for a century, and you'll discover you ought to be dead long ago, and above food and water you need to feel suffering and ecstasy. To seek thrill and live by danger and die in a way your fellows would roar and applaud to. Think of a whole lot of people who wither away without nigh-constant supply of adrenaline and serotonin. These people are Commorites, and they made this whole gig run. They're the biggest pricks in the galaxy as far as I know, and there's no limit to what they'll do. It's what they live for, what they biologically can't live without. A society billions strong, sprawled across the skyline that goes in all directions and angles. They storm out of the slipstream and ravage those still clinging onto sanity and order, bring 'em here for torture, kink, service, experiments. If you're lucky, they'll distill your ass into a fine batch of frenzon and some Commorite bitch will wear your face on her tit.

I came here 30 years ago as a slave and now I never want to leave this place.

'Suppose I can give you a few tips while you're still breathing.

If you're not a Commorite, a Warlord, or some kind of dead hard mercenary, Commorragh can be difficult to get around in. It's a city that destroys the weak, torments the slow, and kills the stupid. Of course, all the previous three will die, it just varies on how and when. Despite popular theory, non-Commorites can prosper in Commorragh, since there are several parts where outsiders live in towns and the most fearsome can be recruited into the raiding parties, mostly because outsiders are at least familiar with the concepts of loyalty and honesty, unlike your average Commorite, and those are often in demand in the Dark City.
If you don't know where to go, head to the district called 'Null City' and don't take shortcuts.
You were most likely brought back so the Commorites can torture you in order to live some more.
You may have been brought back to be a Shaper's guinea pig, snack, pet, a diversion so they won't get bored (which still involves unspeakable torture) or all of the above.
You may be sent to the gladiator arenas of Commorragh to fight for your life. This will last until you die.
Don't fuck with the Archons.
You can be killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or even if you went where you're supposed to go).
If you're a slave, you're expendable currency, or used for other things.
If you stare at Scourges for too long, they will fly down, pick you up and impale you on a spire.
There's no night or day, just the dull, baleful glow of stolen stars. It also has many areas where light never reaches (If you're planning to stay long, go to a Shaper and get better eyes).
In the shadows you can encounter many odd things, that will kill and/or eat you.
The unnatural geometry of Commorragh can be extremely disorienting for visitors. Due to slipstream physics there ain't really a gravity point; even the stars don't pull. This means you can build in any direction and gravity adapts to surface. You want your road to go straight up 90 degrees? Go ahead. Be advised - leaping upwards high enough can result in falling onto the ceiling.

I'd be delighted to sit 'ere with you and talk for hours, but I've got this bloke to murder by dark one hundred. Don't forget to look up.. Wherever that is.

^ Got this thing I want to try writing. What the flavor text says is only that there's an enormous ancient city in the slipstream, a separate blank space that spaceships enter to radically shorten their travel distance in realspace. The city is inhabited by Commorites - a people who can't sustain their bodies and minds without regularly subjecting both to some kind of sensory overload, and satisfy those urges by constantly raiding realspace human worlds for the sake of combat, plunder and slaves.

MC is a Commorite, leader of a small warband, the Red Rivers. He can be paired up with:
Another Commorite (will require a beforehand lore dump)
Fresh Captive/Slave/Gladiator
Outsider (Mercenary/Free Trader)
Adrenal (Someone with the "Commorragh Syndrome" living outside the dark city, often isn't aware the causes and treatment nor the existence of an entire strain of humans like him/her)

Join me for the kinkiest of all space adventures. Welcome to the Dark City, where the incredible amount of smut finally makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom