Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Don't stand so close to me. (Tori and Christian)

"And go to you're fucking room!!!" he screamed, getting up from the couch and splashing a bit of his beer across the room. He was just like the rest of her mom's boyfriends. A drunk. The kind of guy who worked in a busy office and made the sort of money that was needed to pay for her mother's lifestyle. Jessie ran to her room and slammed the door shut. Locking it tight and pushing her dresser in front of it. Thus far, he hand't laid a hand on her. To beat or to rape. But knowing her mom's taste in men, there was no telling what was going to happen. "I hate this place." the young girl cried as she lay on her bed. Looking out the window by her bed, Jessie tried to see the stars, but all the street lamps and houselights was making it impossible. She yearned to escape this hell that had been created the day her dad had walked out on her mom. She hardly even knew him. He'd been gone for ten years, never came to visit let alone call, and now had a whole new family in Denver. So for most of her youth, Jessie had lived without a real father figure. Having instead to make due with the wayward hands that each new man brought to her home.

"I swear, I'm never going to let this happen to me." Jessie promised herself. "I'm going to find a man who will love and adore me. Not one of these douche bags my mother likes." With her heart beating fast in her chest and tears in her eyes, Jessie grabbed her iPhone and put on her headphones. Falling asleep while she listened to the newest Adele album.

When the morning came, Jessie resolved that it would be the beginning of her new life. Getting out of her small twin bed, the short brunette stretched. She felt funny since she'd slept in her skinny jeans. With a soft sigh, she carefully pushed her dresser out of the way and snuck through the house. Her mom's boyfriend Derrick had left earlier. No doubt off to work. Breathing deep breaths of relief, Jessie Catherine Albertson walked softly back up the stairs and to the hall bathroom. Taking a long shower to relax her muscles, the young sixteen year old exited and quickly got dressed. A pair of black skinny jeans and a pale blue top. Fixing her long brunette hair so that it hung freely straight down to the middle of her back, the young girl grabbed her purse and back pack and then walked out of her house and down the street to where the bus was waiting. Her mother had never given her any money for a car, and Jessie herself had yet to save up enough to cover the cost of the vehicle and the insurance. So she climbed aboard the yellow tube of despair and down to a free seat. Clutching her purse tight, she closed her eyes as the bus rolled off to her school.

Lincoln High in Des Moines was home to a bit over two thousand students. As such, it was the perfect place for Jessie to be. While she had a few friends there, she liked the feeling of anonymity that such a large student body offered. The likelihood of someone knowing her mother or the endless carousel of boyfriends was slim. Also, the sheer size of the school allowed for some more programs. Jessie was connected somewhat and played on the school's volleyball team. A joy she enjoyed as her mother so rarely came to games. Not to mention the pride of winning.

When the bus rolled up, Jessie hoped up and walked inside, quickly grabbing her books and heading to her class. Today she had a new teacher for third period, and she was privately dreading the inevitable "introduce yourself" moment new teachers so often used as a way to learn names.

Apologies for the length, this is my usual length, but I can make it longer if you need. :)

Owen walked into his new classroom, a sense of dread filling his mind as he observed the High School students he'd be teaching for the time being. This was his first time actually teaching a class, but he was only doing part of a year, covering for a teacher on maternal leave, so he didn't have to worry too much. Still, if his scruffy black hair and 5' o clock shadow said anything, it's that he was more nervous than he needed to be.

Owen Thorne was 25 years old, just out of college, and disillusioned as all hell. The promise of a good, reliable career that makes one want to go to a university wasn't nearly as sincere as he'd hoped, and he was stuck in a tiny apartment in a shitty part of town, with a less than intimidating build, not muscular, but lean and fit. and this class was his only hope at a pay day.

He had to make it work, he supposed. Perhaps this would be a blessing in disguise.

Standing behind his desk, he looks up towards the class, his eyes narrow, with an authoritative darkness behind it. He certainly didn't look like a teacher, he was only wearing a wrinkled t-shirt and blue jeans. Picking up a marker, he writes his name on the board before speaking. "My name is Mr. Thorne, Mrs. Dickens is on maternal leave for the foreseeable future, so I will be taking over." He pulls open a drawer on the desk, and looks at his seating chart. "Alright, so why don't you guys give me your names first thing?"

He listened, then, as they all listed their names, marking them off on his sheet. It isn't long before he came to a girl sitting near the back. She was smaller, but he could see from his desk... she had a fire in her eyes. The way she was staring at him... it was throwing him off already.

"J-Jessie Albertson?"​

((nope. You gave me a great amount for this kind of story. ))

Jessie had been busy looking over the text book when the new teacher entered the room. She was shocked to see someone to young. Raising her eyebrows, Jessie decided that he couldn't be much out of college. Clearly someone who had taken a job working in education because of his desire to enrich young minds. But Jessie had no interest in anything like that. She was just counting down the days until she could get the hell out of her mom's house. The day she left, she was never going back. Not even on holidays or at Christmas. Nothing was going to convince her to walk back through that door.

In fact, Jessie had been pondering trying to get herself emancipated. But the problem was that she had no where to go to once she was free. That, and she needed to funds.

When Mr. Thorne called her name, she groaned a little. Nodding, she managed a smile to the surprisingly good looking new teacher. "Yes sir, that's me." she said, raising her right had enough to indicate her position in the middle back of the class. Turning her attention back to her book, she couldn't help but notice his reaction.

"Too bad my mom couldn't find someone nice." Jessie pondered. "Mr. Thorne seems like a nice guy. Maybe it will be a decent class with him. Lord knows Mrs. Dickens was a bitch who hated me."

Suddenly, she found herself hoping he would call on her. If only to test her theory about his being a nice guy.

"Miss Albertson?"

He called to her again, the young woman seeming to be deep in thought. "Are you okay?" He smiles at her warmly. He couldn't deny finding a certain relation to himself in the girl, just the fiery, determined look she had walked into the class with intrigued him.

Of course, he didn't know just how well he'd come to know Jessie Albertson, and just how much she would come to rely on him in the future. A couple students start snickering at the girl but he silences them.

Jessie had been deep in though when he had called on her again. Shaking herself from her daydream, Jessie managed a smile. "Yes Mr. Throne, sorry. I was just a bit distracted." taking a deep breath, the young brunette forced herself to focus on the class. Ignoring some of her classmates, she tried very hard not to analyze his words, but failed.

"I wonder if that was what concern looks like." she pondered to herself. Having never before felt someone be concerned about her, not even her mother, Jessie had little knowledge of certain emotions. She'd never learned empathy, and as such was always yearning for someone to show her that feeling of genuine caring.

"I swear, if he actually cares about me, I will love him forever." she thought to herself with an internal laugh. "Maybe the idiots in the administration finally hired someone good after all."

Smiles and nods, beginning the lesson.

Throughout the lesson, Owen would cast glances at her, smiling in a friendly manner. The class wasn't exactly long, only lasting a little over an hour. Owen had been nervous, but he found that once he began the lesson, it all seemed to come to him naturally, and his young age and more casual appearance seemed to help endear him to the students easier, he hadn't had a single interruption yet.

As smooth as things were going, the time seemed to fly by for Owen. Looking at the clock, he sees that only five minutes remain in the class. Smiling, he closes his book. "That's all for now, Feel free to talk for the next 5 minutes. I'd like to ask Miss Albertson to see me after class."

Once again, he shows her that smile...​

Taking out her notebook, the young girl did her best to focus exclusively on the lecture and take notes according to what Mr. Thorne said. But her mind was somewhat elsewhere. She was pondering him as a person. Wondering why someone wide eyed and so young would be choose to be a teacher. Twirling a bit of her hair in her right hand, Jessie chewed on her pencil eraser and tried to figure out Mr. Thorn and what kind of person her was. Unable to truly concentrate, she gave trying to take notes.

When the class was nearly over, Jessie had gotten her things together in her bag. She had one more class and then it would be time for her lunch. About to get up, she frowned when Mr. Thorne said that he wanted her to stay after. Her entire school life, that had been a bad thing. So she approached his desk with trepidation.

"Yes Mr. Thorne?" she asked nervously. Kicking at the ground with her sandal. But his smile made her feel more confident. Less nervous. Maybe he just wanted to introduce himself? But to just her....

Her mind swirled with possibilities. Hoping that he was the nice guy she'd hoped.

Owen couldn't help but grin at the trepidation Jessie showed as she approached him, obviously she'd been through this in the past. He could relate in that regard. "Hello Jessie... You aren't in trouble." He chuckles, grinning wider at her. Pulling up a chair he gestures her to sit down across from him. "I just wanted to introduce myself formally. You can call me Owen if you like."

The phone rings on the wall as soon as he sits down, probably the principal asking how his first class went. He simply rolls his eyes and ignores it. Looking back to Jessie. "I'd like to ask you, student to teacher, what you thought of how I did? I'm actually new at this, and I was pretty nervous about it. To tell the truth, I was worried about you, you seemed in a funk for a minute in the beginning of class, I hope nothing's wrong."

He hoped he wasn't laying it on too thick. He truly wanted to try and be a friendly and relatable teacher. Jessie seemed like she could do with a friend in a higher place than she...​

Jessie awkwardly kicked at the linolium flooring as he spoke. She was shocked by his tone and the offer of a chair, but she happily sat down and manged to soften her face a bit. "Thank you Mr. Thor.....Own." she replied with a half smile. Shocked that he was taking the time to actually ask her questions and get to know her, she felt her heart beat fast in her chest.

"Uh...it was good." she repleid, gulping a bit. "I'm not very good at biology. But I feel like you made it a bit easier." Even more shocked that he was asking if she was alright, Jessie didn't know how to react or respond. "For real?" she thought. "He's actually asking about me. Wow. Own is the nicest guy I've ever met. If my mom had dated people like him, maybe I wouldn't hate her so much."

Taking a deep breath, she sighed. "I'm alright." she lied. "It's just been a long day. A lot of things to study. But I appreciate you asking. That's really nice."

The bell rang a minute later, and Jessie reluctantly hoped up. Not eager to leave the nicest teacher she'd ever met. "So....I'll see you tomorrow." she blushed, before gathering her things and walking off.

Through the day, Jessie couldn't help but think about the kindness Owen shown her. It made her wonder. When the got on the bus that afternoon, her head was so filled with her words that she felt forced to put in her headphones and listen to music the whole way home. Just to think clearly.

"I can't wait to see him tomorrow." she said to herself. shocked at her own words.

Owen smiled as the girl left the room, her apparently flustered state not lost on him. "Cute..." He thought to himself. He spent the remainder of the day teaching two other classes, and then he simply sat at his desk, arranging the sizable amount of papers he'd managed to amass in only a day. "I already hate this job." He chuckled to himself. He understood the stereotype of miserable teachers a lot better now, but even that brief moment between him and Jessie made things worth it.

As he left the school at the end of they day, he caught a glimpse of Jessie through a bus window and smiled to her with a wave.

Opening the door to his apartment, he had little else on his mind but rest, resolving to eat in the morning, he discards his jacket and shirt on the ground, tossing himself onto his bed, as he drifts off, he ponders whether or not he can keep up the good teacher thing two days in a row, let alone a week.

In the end, he supposed only time would tell.

It was another rough night at home for Jessie. Her mom had come home from a bar drunk, and with a different guy. They had gone off to engage in some weird kinky BDSM and Jessie had barricaded her door again. Turning on her tablet, she decided to watch a movie. Putting in her headphones, she thought of Owen and how nice he had been. Curious about him and why he was such a nice person, she made a note to try and talk to him some more when she next saw him in class.

Changing into her night shorts and a tank top, Jessie watched the movie until she fell asleep. Waking up the next day with her headphones still on. Stretching herself out, she had to admit to herself that she was eager to go to school. But it wasn't the classes or the students she was eager for. It was one teacher. A young a kind teacher who she wanted desperately to see it again.

Deciding to look nice, she decided to dress nicely. After a shower and fixing her hair, she put on a cute little pair of blue panties that exposed part of her rear. As well as a matching bra. Overtop she wore a sundress that was pale blue with dark blue flowers across the design. Putting on a pair of flats, she actually smiled as she got on the bus to school that day.

When it was time for Mr. Thorne's class again, Jessie was in her seat with a smile on her face. Eagerly awaiting to see if he was just as kind once more.

Owen smiles brightly at Jessie as she enters, noting that not only did she seem much more upbeat than she had yesterday, but also that she had come earlier. She was the first to arrive. "Oh, hello Jessie!" He grinned, leaning back on his chair lazily, a graded paper in his lap. "How are you this morning?"

It was odd, though... Jessie had seemed a lot more ordinary yesterday, maybe a bit more confident and feisty than the others, sure. But she wasn't too radically different. Just another girl in the school,

Today however, she almost seemed to glow as she bounced in, a wide smile on her features. She had dressed up much more carefully, too, it seemed, as if she was looking good for somebody. He wondered... ah, maybe after class, he'd ask. Though it honestly wasn't any of his business. He had learned to keep his nose out of others business the hard way, getting yapped at in College countless times was enough for that. Still, he had taken an interest in her since their discussion yesterday.

Sitting up straight, he rests his elbows on the old wooden desk the school couldn't bother replacing. "You look very pretty today, quite a catch." He smiles warmly.​

Smiling back, Jessie took her seat and waved hello. "I'm alright." She said honestly. "A little tired. I stayed up later than I normally do. How are you today? Did you enjoy your first day yesterday?" Trying to seem happier than she did yesterday, Jessie pulled out her book and notepad and smiled at him.

Blushing at his compliment, she smiled. "Uh...thanks!" she said. Shocked at someone offering such a nice compliment so easily. She debated complimenting him back, but it felt a little weird. Especially since the class was about to start and other students were pouring in.

"Can we talk after class?" she asked as the class was about to begin. Settling into her seat, she took notes as the class got going. But she was distracted, and couldn't wait until she could talk to Owen when class was over.

Owen grinned. "It was nice. You actually helped a lot, Jessie. I appreciate that. I look forward to teaching you more." He nodded to her inquiry of another after-class meeting. "Absolutely, I'd love a chance to chat with you anytime!"

Throughout the class, Owen was relieved at how much easier the second day was than the first. Things were much more natural and smooth to him, and his students were once again being receptive to his instruction.

Jessie however...

Once again, she seemed distracted. He caught her stealing glances at him, a red hue on her cheeks as she would pretend to be absorbed in her notes. He couldn't help but feel a bit flattered... was Jessie smitten with him? He had never even considered what he should do in a situation like this... but he could easliy have been wrong.

He had no idea how much things would change after class, as the room emptied, he smiled at Jessie as she lingered by his desk. "Hey Jessie. Did you need to talk to me?"​

Jessie had a hard time containing her eagerness to speak with Owen again. She didn't even bother taking notes. Instead, she was busy doodling in her notebook and writing something down. Looking at him periodically, she blushed and smiled whenever his eyes met hers. "So cute." she thought. 

When class ended, she walked up to the desk and sat down on the edge. "Thanks for taking the time." she said with a confident smile. "I was actually going to ask if I could get your email or phone number? Sometimes I have questions when I'm at home, and I'd really appreciate the extra help. As long as it's not too much to ask. I want to do well in your class, and I've never been but so good at biology to be honest. So you'd really be a life saver."

It was really all a ruse. She was decent enough to maintain a B in his class. Her real reason for getting his contact info was in case she wanted to talk with him away from class. Something she wanted very much.

Owen grins at the question, thrilled he would be able to help, and nods. "Of course! Wait just a minute." He pulls out his notebook and begins scribbling down his number and e-mail address. He begins to hand it to her, but stops, seeming to have something come to his mind.

"Actually..." He pulls the notebook back, quickly adding his home address, the words "Just in case you're ever in trouble and need help. -O" Satisfied, he slides it back to her. "You can keep the notebook, I have an old one I still need to finish." He chuckles, nodding to a beaten up yellow wide-rule on the edge of his desk.

"Jessie... something I was curious about." He bites his tongue for a moment. "You seem much... different than yesterday. Like you were almost glowing. I know it's none of my business, but..." He speaks a bit quieter, trying to be discreet. "Have you found yourself a guy friend?" He chuckles. "Just that being in College, I knew that look a woman tends to have when they've taken an interest in somebody. Something happened between yesterday and now, I was just curious."​

Jessie's face practically exploded in a wide smile as he pulled out a notepad and wrote down his phone number and email address. She had hoped he would. But the ease and friendliness of which he did it was almost shocking. She hadn't expected it, but after two days she was learning that Owen was very friendly and seemed to genuinely care. At least about her if nothing else. Taking the notebook from him and reading his inscription, she blushed and smiled. 

"Thanks. But don't be surprised if you hear from me as soon as tonight." she said with a nervous laugh. "Anyways, thanks. I really appreciate the fact that you're so approachable. Most of my other teachers aren't like this. So you're already my favorite!"

Blushing at his question, she put the notepad in her backpack and smiled. "Umm....maybe I have." she said with a bit of a giggle. "But I'm not sure if he likes me. I guess I'll have to figure that out!" Walking out without looking back, she went through the day thinking about that interaction.

Excited and elated when she got home, Jessie was pleased to see that her mom had left a note. "Jessie. Gone for the week. Be back later." Rolling her eyes, the teenager was at least happy that she could rest at ease. Putting down her stuff, she changed into a cute little pair of silk shorts and a matching top. Lounging on the couch, she turned on the tv and then pulled out her phone. 

Texting Owen, she smiled. 

"Hey, this is Jessie. I hope it's okay if I bother you a little!"

Owen was sitting in his chair watching some random police program. The kind of thing he turned to when there was nothing else to watch. Stretching himself out, he yawns. Today had gone pretty well too. His nerves proved to be unneeded. He'd even helped a student out of class. Jessie.

As soon as the name had crossed his mind, his phone buzzed on the coffee table. Raising an eyebrow, he reached out and snatched it. Pulling it to his face, he saw her words. He couldn't help chuckling. This wasn't why he'd given her the number, but he was bored... and he did enjoy talking to her...

Shrugging, he decided to reply. What's the worst that could happen? "Hah, Anytime. You're more interesting than what's going on here. What's up?" Sending the text, he leaned back into the chair, sighing. Something about the way Jessie had been looking at him. It bugged him...​

Jessie's eyes lit up when she saw his message. She had been laying in bed, doodling and writing in the notebook he had given her. But now she typed up another text and sent it off.

"Nothing really, just working on some homework." she lied. "I was going to ask you a question about different life cycles in mammals, but I totally forgot what it was. But I'll ask if I remember."

Sighing, she laid back and thought up another message and typed it up. "So what does a teacher do with his spare time? Grade papers? Frown at students? Buy tweed jackets?" Laughing at her own joke, she wondered if he still liked her, or had she begun to annoy him.

Looking down at what she had been writing, Jessie's eyes lit up and she looked back at his phone waiting for a reply. glancing down at the words again, she felt her heart begin to flutter.

Owen can't help chuckling at her joke, Honestly, he wouldn't have been surpsised if those were pastimes of some of the teachers he'd seen, and he envied them in a way; at least they had hobbies of some kind.

Life cycles of mammals...? They hadn't even covered that yet, Was she doing extra credit work perhaps? He smiled. Good for her, her grades weren't bad, but a little extra work never hurt. "Feel free to ask whenever you like, Jess."

His thumb pressing into his phone, he continues to type his response. "Watching crap TV and ordering Pizza, actually. Bored as a rock. Same as always really. Just managed to shake off the droves of paparazzi waiting at my door."​

Jessie giggled and decided she had made enough of an effort with school to avoid talking about it any further. So she read his next message and decided to focus on that. "Oh wow." she typed back. "Do you not have a girlfriend or someone who can cook for you?"

Giggling, she typed up another message. "So then your notebook must be worth a fortune on ebay!" she teased. Looking down at the words she had written, Jessie smiled again.

"So I should probably go to bed." she smirked. Suddenly curious about something. "Anyways, good night." she said. her thoughts too personal to write. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Setting her alarm and turning off her lights, she looked at the notebook and smiled as she drifted off. Three words had been scribbled over and over.

Mrs. Owen Thorne.

Owen arrived in the classroom late the next morning, the room was already full when he arrived. "Sorry, sorry!" He mumbled as his took his seat, yawning. He'd had a rough night. His neighbors had been having some kind of a party, and it had kept him awake through most of the night. He didn't mind a little fun, but did it have to be so... loud?

"Sorry I'm late, you guys. Long night. You know how it is." He smirked lightly, and noticed Jessie already seemed transfixed on him. "Anyways, I don't have anything planned for today, I seem to have lost my lesson planner, so I guess you can use this as a study hall, or just talk. We'll pick up on everything tomorrow. I need to dig through my notes a bit."

He opened up his old notebook, trying to figure out where the class was. After only three days, one would think it wouldn't be easy to get lost, but Owen was scrambled from his long night. Every now and then, he'd look up to check on the class. Everything seemed to be going fine... but every time... he caught Jessie staring at him...​

Jessie had been running late that day. Getting up late, she had rushed to get ready and barely made the bus on time. But thankfully she had still manged to look cute and wear something special. Walking into class, her short black skirt (that she was suddenly grateful to her mom for) and a cute crop top that showed the tiniest bit of her tummy.

Rushing to get to Biology early, she sat down and the minute Owen walked in, a smile crossed her face and she smirked at him. "Oh wow, just my luck." she thought with a grin. The fact that it was a study hall meant she would be able to spend some time with him. So gathering he things, she walked up. "Mind if I study up here?" she asked. A seat was free right across from his desk. Some people were skipping, and others were out sick. So the class was pretty empty and a bunch of people were lingering in the back watching a movie on someone's phone.

Pulling her chair closer to the desk, she sat down and pulled out the notebook he'd given her. Folding it to a new page that didn't have "Mrs. Owen Throne" written all over it, she began to doodle and covertly wrote that name again but covered it with doodles.

Owen nodded with a grin. "Sure thing Jessie. I'd love company." He chuckled, waving her instead to the spare office chair against the wall beside him. "Use that, much more comfortable."

If only it was always this easy, Relaxing and writing small notes while the class did whatever they liked. He supposed that's what made a bad teacher though. He didn't need to become something he strove to avoid. If there were less bad teachers, he wouldn't have been held back a year in high school.

Casting a curious eye to Jessie's doodles, he swears he sees his name mixed in the scribbles... but no, it must be his imagination. He hadn't written on enough pages, and she'd probably tear out any he had.

The class drew to a close, and Owen smiled at Jessie as the class quickly began to empty. The lunch bell rang, and everybody filed to the first floor, running down the staircase beside Owen's classroom. The second floor, where Owen's room was, was now eerily quiet.

"Have a good day, Jessie, unless you wanted to talk again? Are you still in need of any help? I'd be glad to do what I can."​

Jessie nodded and moved to the free chair. Happy to be even closer to Owen. Doodling in her notebook, she casually looked up every now and then and tried to discern what he was doing.

She didn't really talk to him during class. Instead she studied him. Watching how he wrote. The faces he made as he did. Curious about his eccentricities and any discerning characteristics that he might have. When the class was finally over, she got up and gathered her things with a smile.

"I probably should get going." she said. "But I might need your help again. " Leaving quickly, she rushed to go to her next task. Which wasn't lunch, but the administration office. Lying her way into some information, she walked out and to lunch with a smile on her face and a small slip of paper in her hands. Looking at it casually, she thought about when Saturday would come.

The week went by with few events. Her mom was still gone, so Jessie was home alone and could spend as much time with Owen as she wanted during school. But she was a bit distant. She had plans and didn't want to ruin anything.

When Saturday came, she looked at the paper to make sure as she walked up the steps and knocked on the door. Wearing a pair of very short shorts and a crop top that exposed her taunt stomach and belly button piercing, she waited. Knowing that today was the day.

Because she was standing in front of Owen's door. Having gotten his address from the office earlier that week.

Back
Top Bottom