Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For nightsorceress

"Well, that's true. A simple Dispell or Remove Curse won't work. I have a feeling it's hereditary. If my information was correct, I am a descendant of Famine. The horseman Famine, THAT Famine." Kurokami turned back to Lily. "How could I cure something like that? I don't think I can..."

"well there has to be a way. And i will travel with you if you like. help you find away. I mean what else do i have to spend forever doing. Its not like i can marry, and settle down, i would be cursed just to watch my husband die" Lily looked down.

"That doesn't have to be..." Kurokami said, "...if your husband is immortal as well." He shrugged and went down into the kitchen of her house. If they were to set out, one would need a good meal for energy.

Lily followed him down into the kitchen "oh yes cause i am just going to stumble across an immortal that wants to marry. Your the only immortal i know you don't seem that found of me, so why would others" Lily leaned against the counter looking at him

"Well, there is something we could do." Kurokami said as he went about preparing a full meal. "When two magic users marry, their power can be united into one. If we were to find a reverend that could declare us married, I could protect you from Sammael should we ever cross paths with him again. Or with anyone that would ever want to do you harm..."

"so we marry just for the sake of power." Lily shook her head "and what kind of marriage would that be, I mean you don't seem to want to be my friend let alone my husband. So why then."

"Well, it's a marriage in name only..." Kurokami began. "But I DO care about you! Why do you think I'm going through all this trouble to protect you!?" He raised his voice to her for the first time.

Lily jumped when he raised his voice but she tried to not let it show. "well you have an odd way of showing it! I mean you can't even propose the idea of marriage kindly." She yelled right back at him.

Kurokami sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I'm real sorry. Ever since I broke up with her, I haven't been able to explain myself to anyone. I have a hard time saying what I mean..."

"Heh...Amaterasu, that's who. The Sun Goddess, you know." Kurokami said, his head down low. "We were an item until I ruined her kingdom with my very presence. I haven't been able to get attached to any woman ever since." He went on about making sure their meal was the right temperature before setting out full courses of meat, bread, fruits, vegetables, and drinks out on the table.

Lily looked crushed with the knowledge. "oh so you would be unable to love again is what your saying" Lily took a seat at the table. She tried to hide her saddness, but she didn't know if she was doing a good job or not.

"Well, I don't know, really." Kurokami sat down and began to dig into the meal he prepared. "I haven't found a girl that interested me...until now."

"You, of course. Your power looks very promising, so I have stayed by you to see if your magic would manifest itself in you. Not to mention you're pretty to look at, and there's a certain charm about you..." He then pointed to the food laying out on the table. "Eat up!"

Lily picked her fork. She had a renewed happiness about her now. And her mission was very clear. She would find her way into his heart as he had found a way into hers.

Kurokami didn't say anything more during the meal unless he was spoken to. After eating his fill, he went outside for a walk, leaving Lily to have all the food that was left.

Lily didn't eat much after he left. she was to busy thinking. She thought that perhaps she would marry him. And for no it would be in "name only" as he had suggested. But she would make him see that he could love her.

Kurokami returned to her house several minutes later. "Lily? Are you still there? I know of a reverend that could get a marriage certificate written up for us. It's perfectly legitimate and everything. We can elope using his power..."

Lily came over to when he called her. She frowned at his suggestion of eloping "Kurokami, please can we real wedding. My mother has so looked forward to the that i would be wed i can't stand to break her heart. After all i am to disappear and never be seen again at least allow me the chance to have it be a happy reason for my parents"

Kurokami blinked. "Hmm...well alright, if you can afford the wedding. I don't have all that much money on me, and I don't think your family really knows me..."

"my family will pay. Like i said my mother has been dreaming of this day. And then know you in a way i mean you do visit every year." Lily smiled at him "i can't thank you enough to indulging me in such a way." Lily came close and kissed cheek. Her lips were soft an warm on his skin. She pulled away slowly.

"I wouldn't want to upset you." Kurokami said, smiling weakly. "Well, I don't know how I can help you any further right now..."

"the only thin i ask is when we are around my parents pretend that you care about me as if i was the most treasured thing in your heart, it would be easier for everyone if my parents think i am marrying a man deeply cares and loves me" Lily bit her lip nervously hoping now she was not asking to much of him.

"P-pretend? Of course I care about you, as I said before!" Kurokami smiled. "I don't think I need to pretend. What shall we get done next?"

Back
Top Bottom