Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For nightsorceress

Cysma

Supernova
A somewhat tall man with long, jet-black hair made his way into town, clad in what appeared to be a black robe. Though the townsfolk were going about their daily lives in front of him, he didn't even glance in their direction, as his mind was on something else. The warlock Kurokami was here for a certain witch named Lily. He knew something about her that she didn't, and it was high time she knew as well. First, he needed to find her, and quietly stepped into a tavern to see if he could gather information.

The locals knew who she was and said she probably by the lake. And the explained to the man that the girl was different flighty almost.

Lily sat by the lake. Neck to her was pile of flowers that she was weaving into a wreath. Lily was a beautiful young woman that was very desired by the men in her town. She had raven colored hair that almost seem to glisten in the sun. Her eyes were the color of amethyst. She was certainly different more a free sprite.

After hearing of this, Kurokami made his way out of town and towards the nearby like, walking along the perimeter as he searched for this fantastic woman. He wondered for a moment if she had already figured out what she really was, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Lily worked the flowers into a wreath. Humming softly. She was starting to anger the men in her town. Most have asked to marry her and she had turn them all down. She was holding her hurt out for one person.

Kurokami had at last spotted the one he was looking for in the distance and carefully approached her, so as not to startle her. "Greetings." He said to her at last. "I have been searching for you, and I am glad to have finally found you." He extended his hand to her, smiling warmly. "You are probably aware of at least part of what you are by this point, are you not? They call you a witch. Don't try to hide it, I know it's true. I am one of those as well. What you are not aware of, however, is your immortality...yes...that is what you need to know..."

Lily heard someone come up behind her. And she jumped but then realized it was Kurokami. he had visited her town every year since before she could remember. Before she had a chance to say hello he started rambling on about witches and being immortal. Lily's forehead wrinkled not believing a word of it "well i know you were different Kurokami but this joke you are playing with me is down right mean."

"A joke? You think I was joking?" Kurokami inquired. "You think I would tell you a joke with a straight face? Well, ignore my words at your own peril." He said to her, though he didn't mean it. He couldn't leave her now, especially when he found out that a less-than-pleasant warlock would be after her. He would need to protect her, no matter what that would mean. Perhaps she would believe his story when Sammael showed up, though he hoped that it wouldn't take that long...

"So who is that wreath for? Is it for yourself? Is it for me?" A flowery wreath materialized around his neck as he said this, but only for a moment, and it disappeared as quickly as it came. "Or is it for someone else? Something else, like your front door?"

"all these years you come here to my home, always around the same time of year. you never stay long and hardly speak to anyone. And for the first time you come here and you speak to me only to say harsh words" Lily then jumped when she saw the wreath appear and disappear. "what the hell"

"How long have you seen me coming here? Do I look a day older today than when I first started coming here?" Kurokami looked into her eyes sincerely. "I just hope I can get the message to you before Sammael comes..." his robe changed into a sinister, horrifying cloak decorated with human skulls and eyeballs for a moment before returning to its original form. "Do you fish at this lake as well?" Kurokami was then suddenly wearing the clothes of a common fisherman, hoping that this would be enough for Lily to guess his ability.

"oh my god" She watched his robes change and lily was afraid. She started to back up but tripped over a rock and went crashing to the ground. She looked up afraid "alright i believe you just please don't hurt me"

Kurokami stood over Lily as she fell and extended his hand to help her back to her feet. "There is a man named Sammael, a warlock, like you and I...well, he's not like you and me, he's...well, if he finds you...no...I dread to think of what might happen if he finds you...I have sworn to protect you!" In his fishing outfit, he appeared to be wearing gloves, but as Lily grabbed his hand, she felt only his bare hands. His gloves faded away afterward, and he seemed to be in his normal robe once again. "There...there is a way I know of how to protect you...though I'm not sure you'll like it..."

Lily rose from the ground. she looked at him for a moment her head was spinning "this is all to much Kurokami. I mean you have told me that you are a witch and you are immortal, and then you tell me i am just like you. and now there is some evil warlock after me." Her breathing became harsh. She felt like her was going to explored she needed time to process all of this but he did not seem to be giving her anytime.

"Calm down." Kurokami crossed his arms patiently. "You don't seem to fully grasp this yet. Do you understand the concept of being immortal? Years will pass, decades will pass, centuries will pass, millenia will pass, ten thousand years will pass, ten million years will pass, ten billion will pass, ten trillion years will pass, and you will still keep on living. That is, if Sammael doesn't get to you. Can you even begin to comprehend eternity, Lily?"

"no, i don't want this. I mean how am i suppose to watch my friends and family die. Knowing i never will, knowing i will never see them again. I mean what kind of life would i have all a lone." Lily sank down on a big rock trembling. How could he expect her to be ok with this.

"Hey, trust me...being alive is a lot better than being dead..." Kurokami said, then began to walk off. "I'll give you some time to think about it. Let me know when you've decided what you will do..." He disappeared into the distance.

Once he disappeared Lily began to cry. This was all to much and Kurokami did not seem to understand that. He expected his immortality Lily did know if she could. How could she bare living all alone forever. And he didn't even seem to want to speak to her now let alone keep her company for all eternity

A few days passed with Kurokami nowhere to be seen. He had hoped she would have plenty of time to decide what needed to be done. One day a man came to the village, but it was not Kurokami. This man had a wicked-looking imp following him, yet he demanded to know where Lily was. when the person he asked hesitated, the man tossed a fireball at the townsfolk, burning him to a crisp. Needless to say, he caused a panic in town. He began setting fire to the buildings, shouting, "I'll find you, Lily!"

Lily was by the lake when the attack started. She spent sunrise to sun set in front to the pool of water hoping to have more answer but none never came. The she saw the smoke. Lily raced back to her town people screaming. She got deeper into the thick of things she noticed burned bodies on the ground it made her sick. Lily raced toward her home hoping it was still ok, hoping her parents were not among the charred bodies in the street.

As Lily ran through the burning streets, she suddenly encountered a man wearing the same cloak decorated with eyeballs and skulls that Kurokami had shown her the other day. "I came to find you..." He began, turning to her, "But it seems you have found me. Perfect!" He chuckled in a disturbing manner as he floated several feet off the ground. "You won't be getting away from me, Lily! You will be mine!" He pointed to the ground, and all of a sudden giant bones sprouted up from the ground, encircling Lily in a makeshift cage.

Lily came to a halt when she saw the man. He was wearing the cloak that Kurokami had showed. the one that frighten her. She went to run from the man put froze when he rose from the ground. and the ground beneath her feet began to shake as a cage of bones surrounded her. She fought frantically trying to get out even trying to climb the cage. Her heart wishing Kurokami was here.

The bones curved outward from the cage they formed and all met at one point at the top, forming a ceiling of sorts. Sammael stood about 15 feet away from this and started throwing balls of fire at her from his hands. "I don't need a stake to tie you to to watch you burn!" He laughed as the fireballs exploded in the cage. She would get the impression that Sammael was toying with her, as if he wanted her to suffer first and die a slow, agonizing death.

Lily couldn't believe it as the bones sealed at the top. Her heart raced she was at loss for what to do. The she found herself ducking and jumping out of the way of the fire balls. "why are you doing this!" she screamed

"Power...I want the power you possess! When I'm ready to kill you, you'll be weak enough for me to suck it right out of you!" Sammael exclaimed with glee. He put his hands together and lightning struck the bonecage, filling it with a powerful electric current. When the current became too much for the bones to contain, it began looking for something to release itself into. Lily was the closest thing that it could jump to, and tens of thousands of volts of electricity were unloaded into her.

Lily watch in fear as the lighting attacked the cage. She knew it would come for her next and she frantically searched a way away from it but found now and soon the voltage coursed through her. she whispered Kurokami's name as she collapsed to the ground.

"Hahahahahahahahaha! Get up! Up, I say! I want to hear you scream! Scream in pain! Scream in agony! There's nothing as pleasing as the sound of a tortured soul screaming in true agony!" Sammael raised his hands, and ice crystals began materializing around the cage. They took turns flying at Lily and stabbing into her, each one's tip sharp as the edge of a knife, and cold as death.

Back
Top Bottom