Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The friend zone (Candira and Vader_Sempai)

Candira

Singularity
Lucy sighed as she walked back to her apartment. Classes had just started, and she'd been learning a lot, but getting used to campus was a little overwhelming. Plus, as a music major, she was in one of the several choirs, and that made her free time feel a bit limited. Plus, she was still getting used to living with her roommate. It wasn't as though they were strangers--in fact, she'd known him since they were in grade school. The issue was that she had never lived with a boy before, much less one she'd had a crush on since forever.

For most of her life, it had been easy enough to put her feelings aside. It was painfully clear that he had no feelings for her beyond that of friendship. He cared about her, but it was kind of in a big brother way from what she had seen over the years. So it was easy to put aside the idea of being with him. He had girlfriends, she had boyfriends, and the world spun on. But now, she was unattached, they were living together, and those feelings were becoming very difficult to ignore.

Still, getting out of the friend zone was very difficult to do. Women in romance novels did it all the time via shows of inner strength, beauty, passion, and usually alcohol or an accident of sorts. Lucy was pretty, but she was nothing special in her own mind. Brown hair set in loose curls, green eyes, olive complexion, and some very nice curves. She was alright, but there were plenty of tall, leggy blondes and friendly but fiery redheads who could easily shift focus. Plus, she was a vocal performance major--it wasn't as though her classes lined up with his. They had a few generals together, but apart from that, nothing major. Her only opportunities were at home, or when they visited their parents.

It was better to try to forget him, she knew, but it was easier said than done. As she neared the complex, she dug her keys out of her bag and flipped through them until she came to the one for their shared apartment. Then, she started humming, trying to clear her head. Trying to talk herself out of going for it and just asking him out instead of hinting around was depressing. Better to focus on the fact that she got to live with someone she knew and loved. So she smiled as she entered and slipped out of her shoes. "Hey, I'm back," she called as she locked the door behind her.

David was adjusting decently to living away from home with lucy. Even though they've known one another for what feels like forever he still has his awkward moments around her never really knowing what to say to the girl especially not how he really feels. he was sitting on the couch messing with his unruly brown hair while looking at his laptop reading over some notes from his classes. his 3D animation courses were a bit on the tough side, but having lucy is his general courses was a huge relief since he was pretty lazy about doing his classwork.

"Hey! welcome home" he called out as she got inside. He set down the laptop before walking up to her and giving her a big hug "how'd your classes go today, anything interesting happen?" he asked before walking to their kitchen opening up the fridge. "hey lucy do you want anything to drink?" he asked walking up to her holding a can of pop and bottle of water moving them back and forth towards her.

Lucy smiled at her friend and returned the hug, feeling better instantly. Whenever she was with him, she just sort of evened out emotionally. Plus, a cute boy she had a crush on was very liberal with his hugs, and she wasn't going to complain about that. "My classes were fine, I guess. It's a lot to take in at once, but I like having all of my music classes on the same day. It's a nice way to focus my time." She took the water he offered, always careful of her voice and its quality now that it was the way she intended to earn a living. She unscrewed the cap and took a sip before continuing. "I got to try out for a solo in choir. I won't know until tomorrow, though. What about you? How was your day?" she asked, shedding her bag and hoodie.

Often she found herself wanting to know more about David's day. It wasn't that his life was more interesting; she just liked to hear about it. Lucy almost never got tired of hearing his stories or even just talking to him. It had always been that way, and it probably always would be as long as he had the keys to her heart.

David sat back down on the couch opening and taking a drink of the pop instead of putting it back "how do you think your tryout went? i'm sure you did really good." he said with a smile. "my classes were well kind of interesting today actually they let us try out some motion capture equipment so some of us were either dancing or doing pretty lame and cheesy fights." He grabbed his laptop opening it and showing her the recording from when he had the suit on "well i still can't dance for the life of me really.....though the fight came out pretty decently once we applied it to some character models from a game. My other courses were just really boring so i nearly dozed off once or twice." he stood up heading back to the kitchen opening the fridge up "lucy what should we eat tonight, should we cook something up, go out, or order something?" he asked peeking his head over the fridge smiling abit because he know's he can't cook and he usually just helps lucy if she need anything.

Lucy joined him on the couch, wishing she'd taken the pop instead, but knowing that it was bad for her. Probably much like the relationship she wanted to have with David. It would feel so good in the moment, but it could go so wrong, so fast. Plus, there was the little notion that he didn't seem to feel the same way as she did. At least not outwardly. It made it hard for her to act. So instead, she just snuggled into the cushions and watched him play the recording. She smiled as he excitedly explained the process, winding down with the other classes being boring.

"Aww, poor you. Well, tomorrow you get me in your classes, so I'll help you stay awake." She ruffled his hair a little and leaned back again. "The recording looks really good. And dancing is always awkward without music," she pointed out.

Then he got up and left again, heading for the kitchen. It seemed her friend was hungry. She chuckled and sank into the couch a little more. "Ah, the question of questions. I can make us something in a little bit. I need to unwind a little first. Sleepy me is sleepy." She closed her eyes and smiled, relaxing on the couch.

Back
Top Bottom