Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy Mercs OOC

Broomhandle45 said:
Pretty much, the idea is to balance out your strengths and weaknesses, you add more strength, you have to add more weaknesses.
Alright, that's what I'm going with then should I ever get in. I realize there's not a whole lot of weaknesses and strengths but it matches the thematics for what I want the character to be. I also don't want +3 restorative 'cause the whole reason he's out in the field healing is for experience, to learn his way to that. But I'll get more into character detail if I'm allowed in. For now I just wanted to run the stats I chose by you and makes sure they were fine. I'll give full fleshed details if I can actually make it in.

It's a good thing to bring up, that you don't need a trillion things to be an effective character. That's now how this works, this is all thematic, if you need more things to get the idea you want, by all means. This is where the power is in inches instead of miles works to the favor of people who don't want something so narrowly defined.

Relatable question as misdeeds during the weekend froze my ambitions for throwing the profile, readjusted for sometime during tomorrow night. Anywho the question was mainly...was is the status of martial arts within this world? You have your specality disciplines for weapons certainly, but barring the typical pugilists with brawling...is it more like our real world or left as an unknown to craft should one find him/herself interested?

If you want to lean towards a more physically defined martial art, Cina is essentially a Chinese allegory. It'd be easy enough to spin that Furese has some people interested in learning/has learned their martial arts to have a reliable foundation on their own. Most of what Europe had (since that's pretty much what the former empire territories of Furese and Albion are) in terms of martial arts were with weapons, they didn't consider the body very much save for wrestling if my memory is right, that'd probably be more of a Nihil question, but TL;DR: Make him from Furese, or having spent time there to learn a few tricks.

Wouldn't call it that exactly, but I gladly relay the type of martial arts of sorts I envisioned for the character. One of the Thematic traits was a customized one by irregular or unorthodox fighting style { Hyper mobility or Double Jointed} with another emphasized via Martial Artist. Visualizing in my head its likely a combination of acrobatics and something like Capoeira/Zui quan for reference. Would that bother you in the slightest, figure getting closer to a fully crafted character it be sagacious to tell you before I post it. A freaky example would be like any contortionist but in a combative way.

So what, a less fetish driven Voldo? I'm okay with it, just keep in mind armor is a common thing.

Voldo would be a good frame of mind and yes I am aware of the slight hardship with armor involved. Figure when warranted he need to get innovative or find a weapon. You left Cina with barely any information. Is there anything significant about them or should I presume to slightly use the Chinese as inspirations of sorts?

Looks pretty solid, creative use of fetishes and the like to establish more flaws, even though it won't be touched on much. Other than describing what her quirk is and what her weapons are for walking arsenal, looks good. My only complaint would be that since she has purifying magic and is clearly a cultured lady, she'd likely have knowledge of whatever level of understanding the world has for curing illnesses to keep the line established that people need to know what the hell they're healing. Since Ogres are naturally inclined anyway, in Skania, it'd just make her stuff more effective, and I just want to keep everyone on the same page.

So, haven't really gotten much feedback as of late, is everyone working on characters, should I assume certain people aren't showing, or what?

Have been dealing with university a bit too hard, but will attempt to do the finishing touches today.

Looks pretty good to me. Should be interesting to have a prissy mercenary.

Mike the Bloodwolf said:
Can I join as a Dragon Anthro who can turn into a full dragon or are you not allow dragons?

Read the rest of the posts. This group is currently full.

Sano, your character looks fine and all, but he almost sounds like he's going to be built for sitting in a corner and waiting to hit something, which isn't going to gel very well with how the flow is going to go.

Broomhandle45 said:
Sano, your character looks fine and all, but he almost sounds like he's going to be built for sitting in a corner and waiting to hit something, which isn't going to gel very well with how the flow is going to go.

Sounds like, but its more accurately to say he is going to be reliant on agility , precision, and martial prowess vs say assassination styled kill which isn't out of the question. Will this character have hardship from his unusual choice of combat? Immensely, but its a challenge I crafted him for and well...it helps having my years writing combat to make it flow nicely. Regardless if it seems that was how he was interpreted based on the skills, it isn't in the slightest. He is versatile enough to be on the frontlines

Not my best cited example, but its almost like this

You may have misinterpreted what I meant, exactly. I mean to say that socially, he seems to barely skirt the limits of interaction based on what you have here.

I did not finish the personality section in case there was some adjustment needed based on anything that might warrant revision itself. Presume its the Quirk and the shyness which potentially hinders the character. Perhaps his code, but again I am willing to make some changes if it makes it easier for you. PMing me is an option if this discussion gets extensive or want to point out other things.

It's mostly just the vibe I'm getting from how you're structuring him, mostly as a dark, out of the way character who doesn't seem intrinsically social. He's like one shoe off from being a loner type when I read it. The backstory you present pretty much gives me the same feeling, while I agree that he would be very effective as a mercenary, he doesn't seem very effective as a person, he's just very narrow and lacking subtext past "Survival of the fittest assassin with a dark past." How would other characters interact with that effectively? Remember that pretty much everything we do is going to be as a group, big or small tasks for coherency sake, you have to keep that in mind. I need to see some depth from the character profile that's a little more well rounded.

Back
Top Bottom