Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The False Bodyguard (rskde and Ms.Goody2shoez94)

Frank bites the bottom of his lip, listening to her words, which make his heart throb. He decides to answer some of her questions. "You must swear to me to never repeat what you are hearing." He says quietly.

"My name is Jared Callesto, I do care for you and I'm not here to be your bodyguard or even to sell guns." He says quietly. "I'm an FBI officer and I'm here to protect everybody." He says quietly. "I'm here to make sure your Uncle is safe but is unable to kill, and I want to stop the violence that is happening here, which is why I left behind everything for this." He explains.

"I wasn't expecting to be a bodyguard.. And I also wasn't expecting to fall for you." He says to her quietly. "I'm sorry but I couldn't tell you before, not when your Uncle would be able to kill me at any time."

Her eyes got terribly huge. He worked for the FBI. She could feel her face getting hot as she started to panic. He worked for the FBI and was staying under Uncle's roof. Devil Eye's would never be stupid enough to kill a federal agent, but that didn't mean he would hurt him. His presence would put everything about her lifestyle in danger. They could take the last of her family away from here.

She told her self to breathe as she looked at Frank. This isn't Frank, his name is Jared. "I really don't know what to say to you. I mean, you working to the FBI explains a lot, but how do I know it's true what you say about my Uncle? How do I know that you aren't making a plan to arrest him?"

She had no clue how to go about this. Whether or not she was going to scream and alert someone or if she should just leave.

Jared sighs. "We are trying to arrest him, he's killed a lot of people Sophie, it'd be for his own good to be under federal protection any way, that way that gang cannot hurt him." He explains to her.

He pulls his legs to his chest and rests the back of his head against the headboard in thought. "I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to kill me." He says quietly, staring at the ceiling.

" I would never want to kill you," she decided to address that first. She really wished that she had never caught him in the lie that she would just have ignorantly fell in love with him. Then she would be able to live with it all.

Sophie sat on the farthest edge of the bed, she wanted some space between the two of them, but she didn't want to be too close to the door where someone would recognize her voice. It isn't uncommon for the men to bring women back to their room. It would end badly if any of the guards on duty recognized her voice coming from his room.

"So, what happens tomorrow when you're forced to go to battle against another gang. I'm sure the FBI isn't going to let one of their men go through such an operation alone?" As much as she wanted to go her uncle. She had to have something to go to him with.

Jared reads her facial expressions, trying to find at least a little bit of lie in her words, but he can't, he supposes that she is telling him the truth.

"You'd be surprised what the FBI does.. Plus I can't tell you, you're still able to go and tell your uncle, even though I trust you not to, I don't feel like you would keep your word if I gave you something to work with." He explains.

"So are you going to turn me in to your Uncle?" He asks her, biting the inside of his cheek, as this is something he has feared for a little while.

This all seemed like a very bad dream that she couldn't escape from. She wanted it all to go away,so she wouldn't have to make decisions.

" Why wouldn't I turn you in ? I like you, a lot. But he is the only family I have left. You see him as a kingpon. I see him as the only male model I've had besides my father," she catches herself raising her voice.

Standing up from the bed she realized the only way this could play out. " I'm sorry," she said before turning and running out the door.

Frank watches her leave, he stands and closes the door quietly, grabbing the small handgun from his nightstand and taking cover behind the bed, aiming the pistol at the door, ready for them to come for him.

The situation he is in now is every FBI Agent's worst nightmare, deep behind enemy lines and about to be ratted out, especially from someone he cares about..

She told her unclear everything, because the truth was that he would find out anything she left out. She didn't miss one part of the story from the moment she met him at her old house till the moment sh left his room a few minutes ago. She took care to not show that she had feelings for him.

When she was done with her story he said nothing at all. Nothing about how disappointed he was. Nothing about what he was going to do to fix it. He just sat biting his bottom lip thinking.

Her uncle didn't even say anything when he left the room, he just locked Sophia in an headed to Jared.

Devil Eyes didn't go alone. He grabber some of his most trusted men and headed to he spare room. Of course he didn't knock he just busted in. They had already send orders out for no one to show up tomorrow. Hopefully the tiburones would show up and the FBI would be there. Now he had to find out what to do with this one.

He keeps his aim at the door, when Devil Eyes busts in he rises to both feet, cocking back the hammer of his handgun. "Hands up!" He yells at him. "I'm giving you four seconds before I shoot you!" He yells, in his pocket his cell phone is on, currently in the middle of a call with his handler.

Just to prove his point he fires a shot into the air before returning his aim to Devil Eyes. "Hamds up, right now." He says, his aim never faltering even for a moment, knowing that a slight hesitation could result in his death.

Devil Eyes kept his hands up, but his men didn't drop their weapons , they were all trained on Jared as they moved to block the room. There would be no way for him to take them all, he would run out of ammo or he would be ahot several times before. It would be in his best in treat to calm down.

"You slept with my neice, you gringo pig? You come into my home threatening my family and all of my business, yet you expect me to put down my guns," he walked closer his hands up.

"I want to know how much you know, now. Probably not that much since you've been babysitting."

"Buddy, I advise you to tell your guys to put their guns down." He says to the man in front of him. "Don't step any closer." He growls. "Now listen here fucker, this is my situation, I'm in control right now, you hear me? Listen very closely because I'm only saying it once, you and I both know the consequences of killing an FBI officer, and if you think you're safe here, think again because as we speak the entirety of the FBI SWAT team is coming here to kick your door in unless I say otherwise." He says to him.

"So here's the game plan, your boys put down their guns and you and I walk out of here, you get put in cuffs and everybody else goes free, including Sophie, it's a very simple plan, if you honestly want to protect your family you will advise your guys to put their weapons down and move away from this room." He says while his gun sweeps around at the men approaching, his finger tight on the trigger.

"You hearing me? ORDER IT DAMNIT!" He yells right at Devil Eyes, he feels very cornered right now and he knows exactly what Devil Eyes would do if he got his hands on Jared.

He was in a tough spot he wasn't sure what the boy had on him, he could be in and out pretty quickly, but there was the slight chance that he had something. There was also the fact that Sophie was locked up in his room and if he got shot he was the only one who would know that and she wouldn't be safe.

He sat there for a moment thinking of different scenarios. "Drop your guns boys," They did slowly looking at him as if he was loco. "So what do you get out if this, because whether you kill me or arrest me, she will hat you forever? Forever is an awful long time. You should have just ran away with her like you planned."

Jared watches the men drop their weapons, a part of him is very happy that his plan appears to be working so far, it would be easy to get the man out and show the FBI the amount of illegal unregistered weapons in the Safe House.

When Devil Eyes starts talking about Sophie, Jared's hand shakes slightly, as if unable to hold the gun straight. "Stop.." He says in a low whisper, the man obviously getting to him. "If I don't do this she'll still hate me." He says while straightening his grip, the gun no longer shaking.

"Do you really think so, boy," he stretched out the boy sound. " I want you to really think about this. Sophia, the poor beautiful girl she is, has no one else left. No one. What do you think is going to happen when she figures out it was you who did this. Do you think she's just going to thank you and run off into the sunset," he asked sarcastically his hand splayed across his forehead.

" We could make this work, you and Sophie go off together. You would have to hand over whatever it is the FBI is listening over, though".

Devil Eyes is starting to get to him, in reality the whole thing was a bluff, the FBI wasn't listening and even if they were one agent isn't worth the trouble, they would only care if he died. He slides the phone from his pocket, putting it on the ground before slamming his foot down on to it, breaking it. His gun drops on to the bed and he drops to his knees, his head in his hands, as if trying to protect himself.

He looks up at the terrifying figure that is Devil Eyes. "That's it, nobody is listening, I'm not armed.. What now?" He asks, almost terrified to find out the answer.

He walked closer that he was standing right over the young man. " You really crushed her, you could see it in her eyes that you hurt her soul," he quickly kicked the gun away before slapping him in the face with all his might. " That should leave a nice mark," he chuckled.

"As much as I want to fucking you up, that wouldn't go over too well with her even if she is mad at you," he was still looking down at him. You're going to have to prove your worth to me. But even harder than that, you're going to have to earn her trust, again".

He knits his eyebrows together at his initial words, watching his gun slide across the floor before Devil Eyes' hand is connecting with his face, the powerful hit sending him sprawling on the floor, holding the side of his face in pain, groaning quietly.

He squeezes his eyes shut, what had he gotten himself into? He looks up at the man. "How?" He asks. "How do I prove my worth.. How do I even get her to talk to me? Why do you even want us together?" He asks, still slightly confused, his hands still holding the mark on his cheek.

"Obviously you mean something to her if you being who you are hurt her as much as it did. Think about it. The only reason she turned you in to me, is because it was the right thing to do. I could have not given a shit and off with your head, but I am a reasonable man. You will not spend tonight in the comfort of your bed," two of his biggest guards came to each grab an arm.

" Dint make us have to grab your feet," he walked out into the hall, practically the whole house was awake.

" You will spend your nights in the dungeon.

Jared is dragged out into the halls, then down to the dungeon where he is chained to a wall and locked behind a door, his hands in the air above his head, which is slumped to look down at his legs. He is unable to sleep for the night, the position he is in does not exactly help with that.

In the morning he looks around, trying to spot a familiar face through the darkness before returning his gaze to the ground, unable to speak for what punishments could come afterwards.

It was late in the morning by the time she was able to come see him. She didn't have to sneak or take a chaperone, they just let her pass by as if nothing was amiss. She had a plate full of food and a blanket.

She left the door open, so at least so light would come in. " I don't know why I came to see you. I'm so mad I could spit," she kneeled down so she was closer. She placed the blanket over his lap foldin g the edges under his leg. Then she sat on some of it so she could feed him is egg, oatmeal, and bacon.

" I thought you were going to run. It would have been the smart thing to do."

In the morning he hears the cell door open, he picks his head up and watches her walk in. He looks awful, his skin a little paler than usual, bags under his eyes and his arms are shaking from being in the up position all night, they just hang from chains now, not even bothering to be held up. The whole left side of his face has a bruise on it.

He takes a ragged breath as she speaks to him. "I would've died." He says. "And I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I left you here.. Which is also why I surrendered in the first place." He says quietly. He watches her now, confused on why she would even bother to bring him food if she hated him so much.

It was hard to see him in the state he was in, but she kinda had to deal with it. There would be no talking her uncle into putting him in a better place, bus she could possibly get the chains loosened. She would have to come back later with a change of clothes and some towels.

"I know you think this place is terrible, but it's really not that bad chocolate milk every morning, ling showers with out the hot water running out, a nice gym, " she attempted to lighten the mood.

Packing up her dishes she promised to be back later. "He would never kill you," she informed him.

"I never said the place wasn't nice, honestly the fact you're here is making everything better but I fucked up and you hate me, you don't trust me and I hate that.. Ask me anything Sophie, I want to be an open book for you." He says to her, knowing that he knows everything about her and she knows little about him.

Did she really want to have this conversation now? He had played the role so well. Maybe there had been some truth within all of that. No one can tell lies all the time and live with the guilt.

Family was the one thing in Sophia's life that was consistent, she couldn't imagine life without it.

"Are you or were you ever married," the thought of him having a family somewhere made her sick to her stomach.Before this whole mess she was pretty sure she was starting to fall for him. She had let this man get to her in a way no one else ever had.

Jared watches her as she asks the question, he shakes his head. "I've never been married." He explains, his eyes telling her to ask more.

She had obviously gotten to him as well, as Jared could have easily just arrested her Uncle, but instead he surrendered, not that she would know that.

Back
Top Bottom