Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The world of dark and light (open to everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rude... nothing is irreversible. And besides I can do anything" he leaned back in his chair as he took the bottle back putting it in his bag. "Fine.. we shall back and leave. That's clearly what you desire" he yawned starting to grow bored of this. Blake was never really up to responsibilities since he arrived in the human world. He crossed his legs on the table as he lifted the glass of wine twirling the liquid inside

As he begins to loose his composure his hair turns green and to vines.
"Rude is coming into my territory ruining any attempt to rebuild and destroying all the work I have done plus adding new problems. Tell me can your bring me a Dodo? No? they are all gone....nature irreversibly damaged in our lifetime. If I were to call forth the anger of the noon day sun on your friends here could you bring them back? Obviously irreversible can happen."

His already pale skin turns stark white and takes on the texture of bark.

You wanted so see what fae can do for the forest? Fine!"

The trees around all begin to glow until the sky turns blue.

"Any being who steps out into the tree line will find themselves lost and alone in the woods. You promised to fix what you wrought and until it is fixed this wood is hostile to you and your kind. I will make exceptions only for those who know proper respect"

With that the trees begin to rotate if you look up you notice the clouds spinning at a sickening speed. Looking out you notice landmarks disappearing and new ones forming. The camp is entirely surrounded by trees.

"Dont bother packing I moved you for you. Now clean up your mess."

Blake stood up. His protective side kicking in. "I will admit that I allowed my people to come here for safety away from the humans and others who wish them harm because if you haven't noticed our kind is not the highest on the food chain." He crossed his arms rubbing his forehead. He really got himself into shit now "what is it that I have to do to let my people be safe. What do you want me to do if I can't leave my camp."

"Well honestly I was starting to believe you would never understand. But there you go you finally got it right. You need to fix the woods to make your people safe that is not a threat nor is it some underhanded trick. You dead ones survive best outside of well populated zones where you tend to go unnoticed. No matter where you decide to go you will run into a new problem that you have not faced before."

Pointing again and Samuel

"They are killing nature. I want you to remember how plentiful your feeding grounds once were? They were that way because the ecosystem of that region was working properly because everything was sustainable but I bet you have not been able to find that here. Instead of finding their place in the natural order humans of this world that was once without magic seem to have become an invasive species. They strip the land of resources that cannot be returned and use them to cause perfectly good resources to become poisonous."

He settles back down into a human again.

"In order to make your people ultimately safe you need to find them a permanent home, wondering about as you have been is a good way to draw attention to yourselves and lets face it if a simple illusion like that can intimidate you... You need to go back to the old ways remember that vampires are not all that crossed over, I am one of the nicer guardian sprites, some would kill you for not paying tribute I am willing to forgo that for a time as long as the ecosystem in this forest can be restored."

He seems to consider for a minute. Then turns cold calculating eyes on Samuel.

"This will of course eventually entail the subjugation and culling down of any.... invasive species"

-while these two were bickering like an old married couple or at least it's a phrase I knew to reference this I was sitting here thinking of a way to help the forest when the ground started shaking and trees moving and an idea came to mind- hey vine head -I simply call him because in truth I forgot his name but he was annoying to some extent so I made no attempt at respect- question how many rivers flow within a 100 mile radius of this place?

"It is Oren I have spared your life no less than 4 times this very evening you could make an attempt to remember it. There are multiple creeks and streams I believe you could call maybe 5 actual rivers why?"

-pulling my packnoff my back I pull out an old photo of an abandoned city that was flooded and vines,roots, and trees started to reclaim it- I took this photo when I was 12 in a city filled with water about waist deep so...maybe 3 feet I guess I was smaller then.

-shrugging i hand the picture to oren-

Now that is after the collide. I don't know how the forests work in your world but I do know that in mine nature will always win. Yes we made concrete roads and built houses but weeds manage to break through them and surface the forest isn't so weak and it just needs time to heal. Now as for your invasive species comment, you may call my kind what you will I don't speak for other humans just myself I am simply trying to survive in a world where animals are no longer top of the food chain.

And I'll fight to survive, even if my chances are zero in this world I will fight till I can't anymore now if that's makes me invasive fine but as I see it I am no different than you.

"I said that the forest needs time. But you are mistaken on one aspect plants are not all I am concerned about the animals too need stability. Which is why I came here. If you are to stay in this region we need to find a way to feed the herd without causing strain on the local population. Many animals are sick from pollutants now being fed into the ground by machines that are no longer cared for... You humans have a saying not being able to see the forest for the trees. I care for it all everything not just the plants here. The plants will survive and will adapt in fact they are the least of my worries and probably the strongest allies I have. Plants purify pollutants out of air and water... The animals suffer however.

How extensive is your control over the plants in the forest? In theory could you create a hybrid plan to live soly on the pollution from the past? Or I read in a book once of a type of red worm that can even digest gasoline and oil from cars.

I have control over the land and migratory patterns of animals... I perhaps could get some of those worms.... But my control over actual plants is finite in other words I can create a plant that is possible not one entirely new I have plants working on the pollution as is but plants take time and it would seem the problems from old cities only increase. I have made my domain small for that reason alone protecting a large area is beyond me at this point simply because I am fighting for every inch of territory I already have. We all are in a fight for survival and I fear my chances are no better than yours.

It may not make up for what the past has done but about a 2 week walk from here there is an old library, it's where I read about the worms, maybe there is other information there cat could help? I can take you there but the last time I entered that city I was left with this. -standing up I turn and pull my shirt off and 5 long deep scars run down my back just deep enough to miss my spine-

The city was home to some creatures if I had to guess werewolf's but they were big. If you ask I will go back and try and get information that may help you but I don't know if it will be any good or if I'll return. I almost didn't make it out last time...

Blake sat thinking for a minute as they talked "there is one person we could talk to. Her name is anastasia she is a healer. She doesn't care much for humans or creatures she only enjoys being surrounded by animals and plants. She lives in the northern forests a 4 days travel by horse.. she has healed all kinds of animals with her magic. Even brought the dead back." He stood up grabbing a map and a bag "i will ride with you to the library then I will take you to the northern forests with me. Me and her had a.... disagreement a few years back and I don't know if she will still be mad at me."

He turned to Oren and extended his hand. "You are right... the animals have seemed scarce but I thought it was due to the population of them in this area. I will fix this" he th r ew on a happy smile then looked around. "So... am I going to have to fly out of this Or what?"

-smiles saddly and I pull my shirt back on- so you head to your healer and oren you should go with her and I'll head to the city to fine as many books as I can that could prove usefull

He smiled turning to the human "Oh honey if you think I'm leaving with out you.... your sadly mistaken. I'm interested in you you're not leaving my sight." His eyes grew a brighter red as he extended his arms outward to his side large black wings exposed themselves he flapped them softly. "I suggest not letting go.." he flew up picking the human up by his under arm as he flew straight up with great speed high above the trees he looked around "which way is that library?"

-scanning the area I look for the tall buildings- well at the rate we flew up here I'd say 20 mins that way? -pointing twords the small building in the backround- and then we should stop about a mile from the place and try and sneak in

Blake nodded. He flew toward the library with speed once they were about a mile away he flew down setting him down. Blakes wings disappeared as he rubbed his shoulder started walking toward it "so.. tell me more about humans"

Well from what IV herd and learned we had to use the creative powers of out minds in order to survive, someone like me with the right items could kill a vampire for instance. As we are now we're a race that is soon going to be destroyed without our past power to help us. Without it were weak and die from simple deseases.

How about your mind? And how do you have wings?

"One vampire and a human versus a pack of werewolves.... By the great mother those boys and their reasoning skills. Best to go find this healer then deal with that issue"

Oren moves through the root system of the forest allowing him to pass quickly to the healers only have to stop and walk a few times as he comes to roads which have destroyed all living roots under them. He checks to ensure that the local trees are attempting to rectify that problem.

Well.. vampires are creatures of the night. Refers to as creatures of seduction. Besides woodland vampires are morphed. We can shapes when needed to. Like I can change my body to look human. It's how we get close to our meals" he smiled turning toward him as his body changed to the shape of him. The only difference his eyes were still burning red. He changed back his body shivering "it's weird to turn into humans... our hearts start beating again and it's strange. So humans hearts beat all the time?"

About 80 times a minute. If one is slightly health. -smiles as he shifts and then back- not gonna lie wish my eyes were that color -kneeling down I crawl through an old drain pipe marking that were getting close-

He watched him crawl as shook his head "no... I think I'll just walk. It's not feeding time for werewolves. So I think I'm safe" he started walking as he kept his hand on the gun that sat on his hip. This gun was special it shot silver bullets enough to kill a pack if they were attacked. He made it safely to the library as he crawled through a window waiting for the human to follow

-crawls in after him and I sigh- getting in is easy it's getting out that is the hard part.. -I state as I glance around and head down a stack of old dusty books to find where I was last time-

Something useful should be around here just rear the index.....wait you speak English but can you read it?

(Sorry for late reply I got married)
anastasia: -sits in my house overgrown with vines and flowers as I watch the sky and clouds a small fire in the harth and a pot of stew cooking over it bubbleing- so wonder if today will be any fun maybe some new toys will come by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom