Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tyr ~ Running from Destiny ~ D.E.666

John thought the girl was bedazzled or at least shocked, simply because her response was so muted. Still he loved the terrain and area, if for no other reason than the freedom it offered. Smiling he made sure the horse drank water and rested, while they stretched their legs.

We only have a few more hours, and we’ll be home. What a great place to live, and your free of that scum, and we’re together, so it perfect!

John moved in to swirl her around, enjoying the fresh mountain air, and the luscious view of his personal whore.

Charlie spent most of the day, talking, buying drinks and getting directions to the prospector’s cabin. The place wasn’t a secret, just no one had really had any reason to go out to it, though one or two trappers knew where it was, simply because they’d been that far out. Charlie decided to stay the night and let the horses rest, and get supplies before he headed out. At this point one more day wasn’t going to matter, it wasn’t like the guy had gone to all the effort just so he could kill her. So time was on his side, though for some reason he want to get to her as quickly as possible, but he pushed that to the side.

Jewel stayed in the shade of a tree while he made sure the horse drank and rested. She slowly untied her hair and began running her fingers through it a couple of times while watching John when he came over to her and picked her up, she gasped while dropping her ribbon. Her arms wrapped around him as he swung her around and she closed her eyes. "You're making me dizzy John." she said softly. As he swirled her around, her slightly tangled hair fluttered around them and she gripped his shirt tightly in her hands. Once she was put down again, she loked up at him. "What's it like John? Where you're taking me?" she asked softly. "Is... is it going to be like what you talked about?"

No it’s not much yet, but with you there it's going to be so much more. The water is pure, the air is fresh, and the views are priceless. And with time and some luck in my prospecting, I think it will become magnificent. Now come on we have to be going, if we want to get there before the sun goes down.

With the horse rested and fed, they headed back out again. The trees grew tall; the river water ran deep as they continued on. Deer and other wild life was seen almost at every turn as they trekked on, the trail if it could be called that seemed better suited for the deer than the horse. Still John knew his way, and they made their way further into the mountains. Only hunters, trappers and prospectors came this way, and only during the warmer parts of the year. The weather was warm and there was no snow, but it was obvious that this area would be deep in snow when winter came.

The hours passed as the horse wound its way back and forth till they finally reached a valley, in which a small log cabin sat on a rise, but a few hundred feet from the river. The cabin had a clear view of the majority of the tranquil valley. John raises his hand and points to the small quaint structure.

There she is, isn’t it beautiful, we're home!

She slowly nodded as he spoke and she offered a small smile. "And I'm sure you'll strike it big. After all, you're a great prospecting... though that's just my opinion. I don't know much about it." she said gently. She watched the horse for a bit before gazing up at the sky. When he was ready to head back out on the trail again, she mounted behind him and held on as he led the way up the mountain a bit more. Once in a while she'd see a deer or a rabbit or some other kind of animal and she smiled slightly. She'd never seen one alive before. As they continued along the path, she began dozing off until he spoke and she lifted her head with a soft yawn, gazing over his shoulder at the small cabin. The scene was beautiful, the small cabin surrounded by the beautiful valley. "It looks like a painting." she murmured to him. When he said they were home, she blinked. She hadn't called a place 'home' in years. Not even the house she grew up in was home to the young woman any more.

John continued the cabin drawing ever closer. There was a general sense of relief that he’d done it. The closer they got the more primitive the building looked; it was built for functionality and had little aesthetic appeal. Between the logs used, the dried mud to seal it could be seen. There was a small porch in front, otherwise there was little to say except it was little. The whole structure was probably 20’x20’ and was a square.

Arriving, John dismounted and helped Jewel down, before taking the various packs off of the horse. Taking Jewel’s hand he headed for the cabin. The front door had a latch, no lock, as it wasn’t necessary this far out. The inside sort of matched the look of the outside, with a dirt floor, a stone fireplace with a place to cook, a few chairs, a table and a bed in one corner. The place smelled musty and most of it was covered in dust and cobwebs. Still it was home and he was happy to be back.

Come on in! Not bad for one guy and a summer to get it done. I finished the rest of it over the winter a few winters back, all nice and warm during the cold winters, and it had piles of snow on top, so it’s sturdy.

As they got closer to the small cabin, she could see how primitive it was. It wasn't like those nice little cabins she'd seen while traveling. Then again, those cabins had been put together by several men working together. From far away it was a cute little place but upclose she could see that it wasn't very nice. Sighing inwardly, she tossed her hair back over her shoulder.

With his help, she slid down off the horses back and moved to the side as he worked. She jumped in slight surprise when he took her small hand into his large one and led her towards the cabin. She was silent as the dor was opened and she coughed softly as the musty smell of the place washed over her and she inhaled a little dust, waving her hand slightly before slowly entering and looking around. "You did this all by yourself?" she asked gently while slowly moving deeper into the cabin. She could feel the dirt floor beneath her feet and wonered for a moment why he didn't put in any floors but she decided not to ask.

John dumped the pack, and looked around, about as expected the place needed a cleaning since he hadn’t been here in almost 2 months. No one had obviously been here; he’d given permission to a friend or two that they could crash here if there were coming through the valley.

Mostly, I did it all; I had a few trappers help on some of the top timbers and larger pieces. Let them stay here when they’re passing through. Still other than that its been all me. Settle in, I’m going to go deal with the horse.

John turned and left leaving her in the cabin as he unsaddled the horse, and swatted it ass, the horse going to go graze and drink. He brought the rest of the packs and supplies he picked up in town, bringing them in.

Never asked, can you cook?

Not that it mattered, he’d cook for himself since he left his parents, but still it would be nice if she did.

Just leaving town, Charlie had a rough drawn map and idea where the prospectors cabin was, he was a few days behind them, but with luck he’d catch up to them soon enough.

Jewel slowly nodded as he told her that a few trappers had helped with some of it and she glanced at him as he told her to settle in. She moved around the room a bit, brushing some dust off a couple of things before moving over to the bed and beginning to air it out, shaking the sheets a bit to get dust off of them and the musty smell out the best she could. When he came back in she looked at him and shook her head slightly. "Not really. I can make small simple things but it's mostly just for when traveling. You know, things like cooking small bits of meat over a fire. I can make stew... but I'm not sure how good it'll be. I've only had to cook for myself before." She blushed a bit and sat on the edge of the bed with her hands folded in her lap.

The horse taken care of and the goods stored, he returned to the cabin. Jewel explaining that she had little or no useful skills when it came to cooking, which half pissed him off simply because what woman didn’t know how to cook.

Well shit, I guess if I have to choose between cooking and fucking, your at least good for one thing. Didn’t your momma teach you anything or was she a whore too?

John said the words to humiliate her as he looked around wondering what he was going to have to cook. He had always thought it was nice to come home to your woman, having a clean house and warm meal. Still Jewel was good looking so he’d just have give up on the idea of a good meal, and instead realize that he’d brought home a whore and not a housewife.

Charlie was making good time, as he followed the river, though he had to cut back once or twice. He wouldn’t make it to the prospectors cabin for at least another day, but he was going to make it.

Jewel sat there in complete silence. The young woman was gobsmacked and speechless after what he'd just said. For a minute or so she remained silent before she looked away from him and glared at the floor while the crests of her cheeks reddened a bit. "My mother was not a whore. And she taught me plenty." she said. "I know how to sew, clean and clean animals that are brought in for cooking, as well as reading, writing and math. I just ran away before she could teach me how to cook." Looking at him again, she swallowed before sighing. "I know that I'm not good at cooking but I learn fast. You don't have to be so mean."

Moving so her back was against the wall, she drew her legs up against her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs, thinking to herself. Thinking that perhaps she should of fought against John and tried to get back to Charlie. Then again, she also didn't want to be taken back to her father to be sold off into a loveless marriage.

John just rolled his eyes, obviously not pleased with her if for no other reason than she was verbally arguing with him. She seemed like every women he’d ever known to have excuse after excuse why they couldn’t do a particular task. Who had ever heard of woman who couldn’t cook?

Then you’re good for something else besides fucking. I’m not being mean; I’m just saying it like it is. You just need to quit your bitching and learn to do as your told. Now I’m going to make us some food.

James throws some wood into the fireplace, gets it going, before he pulls out some of the supplies, he’d gotten from town. He didn’t seem in the least concerned that she was upset or disturbed by the way he treated her. The sun had almost fallen behind the mountain, the cold of evening was setting in. The first smell of some warm hot food began to fill the cabin, as the pot over the fire began to cook.

The young woman stared at him, shock showing on her face and she felt the crests of her cheeks redden as she felt her anger brewing and she struggled to force down her hurt. "I-I thought you loved me John." she stammered softly. She still couldn't understand what had made his demeaner towards her change so suddenly. At one moment he was kind towards her, but now he was treating her like every other man she'd met before. At least the man her father had been planning to force her to marry always treated her with respect and kindness.

With one last look at him, she climbed off the bed and turned away with a sigh and walked out of the cabin while he worked on building the fire, leaning against the side of it while she looked up at the steadily darkening sky while she chewed on her thumbnail. For a few minutes she just stood there, thinking to herself before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, steading her nerves that returning into the cabin where she watched John cook, determined to learn to cook. After all, now that she was with someone else, she should be able to fix anything that was wrong with her cooking skills. While traveling alone and cooking for just herself, she only had to worry about eating and not taste which was why she never got very good.

John watched the young whore stock off, and he smiled, because there wasn’t anywhere for her to go, and if she wanted to stay warm, her choices were really limited to his bed. The young woman would just have to learn what was expected of her and how she was to serve her man, and if she didn’t like it, there was always another whore he could buy, when he struck it rich. John just wasn’t going to put up with any shit, and this cunt would just have to learn that, it was that simple.

John wasn’t a gourmet chef, but he’d learned how to cook for himself, and knew a few things to make a decent warm meal. A few spices and some vegetables and he made a mean soup. Using the kettle he stirred the mix, and worked things in and trying it ever so often to make sure that it tasted right. He only turned a little and didn’t say a thing as Jewel returned to the cabin, obviously having calmed down and realized the stupidity of her actions, or at least John thought so.

Charlie should have camped, but decided to just press on hoping he could find Jewel faster. Normally a very relentless pursuer, he was always cautious about how he tracked, and this pushing on was untypical of his normal pattern, it really showed that he wasn’t completely rational about this situation. The sun would be setting soon, hopefully the moon would offer some light, as he slowly rode his horse along the river valley.

John, made one last check of the soup with his wood spoon, and set it down, and turned to Jewel.

The bowls are over there, and I brought some fresh bread from town, it should still be good. Come lets eat. Now go get it woman.

Back
Top Bottom