Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Magic the Gathering anyone? Male or female welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColorWheel

Dumb Jackoff Junkie
I'd actually be surprised if anyone responded to this, but I really love the MTG universe, whether it be the concept of Planeswalkers, the various planes such as Eventide, Shadowmoor, Mirrodin and it's Phrexian invasion, Zendikar and the current invading Eldrazi going on now, or what seems to be one of the most popular, the city plane of Ravnica. There's so much flavor text in each card, and even a few books out there (unfortunately I've only read one, centered in Shadowmoor and primarily dealing with Kithkins, got it out of a Fat Pack, really wish they came with better rewards like they did in the old days) that it's very clear there's world building going on.

Sticking with the theme of "you're your own planewalker," I prefer to stick to OC planewalkers as role-players main characters. That's not to say that other iconic Planeswalkers can't show up as cameo's. To prevent god-moding and the like, it would take some time to summon the mana from what land our planeswalkers can. Taken maybe literally in the form of you can only gain one land to draw mana from per paragraph of text or something. If you have any other ideas, shoot.

The story could evolve around two new planeswalkers seeking out land to conquer and draw mana from (primarily using what would be sorceries and instants to subdue the creatures there) while also journeying for artifacts of power and the like. It can or cannot have sex play, though if it does I'd rather be MxF with me being male. However, it could completely not pertain to any sex at all and I'd be totally happy. I'd just like to craft a story in MTGs loreverse. The only stipulation is I want the characters to be partners, or at least become partners (not necessarily lovers but if it comes to that great.) I don't feel like getting into PvP combat and all that god-moding that can potentially come with it unless you have some dice-rolling flash game we can both see and check the outcomes for and have to adhere too, or something similar to that nature.

Ideas can include a Ravnica guild trying to subjugate another guild. Mirrodin fighting off a Pyrexian invasion. Zendikar fighting off Eldrazi. Artifacers searching for powerful artifacts or artifact creatures. Takir and it's dragon's (though I'll need to read up on that one.) Etc.

If you have a particular favorite plane, tell me and if I don't know it I'll certainly read into it since I'm into the loreverse anyhow and would enjoy it as side reading. As per your own planeswalker, I'd prefer for my partner to stick to no more than 3 colors. Honestly I'll probably go with two, but this also kind of depends on what planes our planeswalkers come from (for example, someone from Ravnica would most likely be 2 colors and belong to a faction, someone from Alara might be from, say Jund and be loyal to swamp, mountain, forest, someone from Innistrad may be straight up swamp, etc.)

For anyone not familiar with the loreverse, there are plenty of styles of characters abound. From your (obvious) human, to vampires, werewolves, elementals, gorgons, zombies, sphinxes, dragons, lion/cat people, elves (actually quite a few varieties of them there,) fairies, minotaurs, rhino people, elephant people, angels, demons, kithkins (think hobbits, but shorter, and bigger heads instead of feet,) and a whole host of various creatures usually summoned in for combat but also available for play. Any questions, just ask. Would like a partner to have familiarity with the lore, but if not I can give you a run down on a particular plane or something you might be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom