Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The tale of Naloth the Dragon(DuxT x GrimTroll)

The older girl shuddered in his grip, though kept from pulling away. "I will do my best m'lord..." Her tone still fearful, quite understandable.

Heading out Naloth would find the woods a mess of tracks. From animals, to monsters, to the humans who hunted the lands. Eventually though he manages to find tracks distinct enough to be that of goblins, smaller than the humans but still having a distinct humanoid shape. Eventually this lead him to a trio of goblins, seeming to be resting from their hunt, they do not seem to notice Naloth yet.

He did not look back, did not hesitate, though his parting words were clear enough. "If they try and escape, try not to kill them unless you have to." Directed to is chief minion, well, until they were properly settled in, he would take few chances.

In those woods, beneath the trees, the green canopy, he stalked, a red wyrm, close to the ground, not soaring above it on wings of fire, a fact that annoyed him to no end. Still, as he passes the tracks the meals and slaves, he came on them. Only a small band, but it would suit his purposes for the moment. Afterall, he was just starting out on his grand path of conquest.

Striding towards them, he would subject them to the full weight of his sneering presence, not bothering to hide his approach. "You there!" He barked out in the common tongue, not having bothered to learn their primitive and ignorant tongue. "Who is your boss!"

Intimidate check (with +4 size bonus for being bigger then them); Naloth:1D20+11 → 27(16 + 11)

The Goblins, none while possibly scary to a human, were nothing compared to the dragon. Seeing the dragon, although only a child, caused the three to cower in fear. The biggest, their leader it seemed, spoke up, with trembling tongue. "Big boss Bashil, he's big scary boss!"

Sneering as he looks over the cowering wretches, there is the scent of sulfur and brimstone coming from his maw, as he looks over them, and states his demand, voice low and rumbling..... though really, given his size, it was not the earth grinding pulse he was hoping for. "You now work for me, and will tell me of your old boss."

Oh sure, he may very well be able to devour, rend and burn the creature, and yet, at the same time, many of his kin would rush in blindly. Yes, he was more then capable of dealing with the creatures. However, how much easier would it be to get some information first?

"Big boss is big, big goblin, he carry club, he beat us if don't do what he want!" The goblins were hardly going to argue with the dragon that could roast them on the smart. They weren't smart enough to figure out that they could possibly take the young dragon together, nor that he wasn't a very strong dragon right now. All they knew was dragons were scary so should be feared.

He thought over it, before he spoke, words laden with annoyance. "Is he your size, or the size of a man?" Really, it would determine just how he handled it. If it was a regular goblin, probably with a greatclub, or if it was one of the larger breeds, well, his tactics would have to change. Still the creatures lacking cognitive functions were in his favor... at the moment.

"Twice as big as us, maybe bigger than a man!" The Goblin exclaimed, likely not the usual kind of Goblin, if he was a Goblin at all. Wasn't unheard of for other races to take command of a group of Goblins, but hard to tell what it could be without more questions or going to see.

Both helpful and not, as there was a range of creatures that could be, from a hobgoblin, bugbear or orc, all of which he would prefer to avoid for the most part, as really, while not as powerful or glorious as he is, they are.... troublesome foes. Sneering at them, he gives his pronouncement, delivered with all the casual and dismissive contempt he could muster. "Describe him to me."

Really, goblins. Still, hopeful, from their ramblings, he would be able to get a more accurate picture of this creature.

"He green like us, thick dark hair, going down back. Scary looking red eyes and nasty looking teeth, big and sharp out his mouth! Wears armour made of hide and metal and his club is bigger than we are!" A freakishly big Goblin or an Orc with a greatclub seemed the most likely options with that in mind.

Drawing his conclusions, and internally lamenting and cursing the fact that he had to reply on goblins for his information, after all, why not something more reliable, like a drunk Halfling? Still, he would have to work with what he had, even if it was the barest scraps. Looking at them, he mustered his cool distain and gave the order. "Take me to him."

He would follow, making sure to memorize the path to the larger camp, though he would be risking a good deal on this gamble.

The goblins nodded and quickly scampered to their feet, leading him away. The three Goblins didn't seem to have the collective spine between them, to think of double crossing Naloth, not here. Sure when they were with others and their boss, they might turn, but right now Naloth was the immediate danger so they did as he wanted.

Soon enough the Goblin camp came into view, hidden within a ravine in the woods, going deep enough to not be visible unless you were atop it. By the looks of it the camp could house many Goblins, many, many more than Naloth could handle in a straight up fight.

Oh yes, this was why he would loathed being so small and unable to fly. If he could, escape if the situation turned would be much easier, not to mention, he could burn at his leisure. Still, he had work to do. He would have the goblins lead him to their boss, as he keeps an eye out, looking, as he tries to think of escape routes, though he would not try and engage the entire force by himself.

They lead him down a narrow path they took and into the camp itself. The various Goblin defenders watched in confusion, eyeing the dragon warily. They weren't going to attack him right now, not when he was being lead in by more Goblins. Course given the order, Naloth would have a tough time getting out. Ignoring the fact this was in a crevice, there seemed to be two ways out, one leading through the gate and up the path he just took. The other seemed to go deeper into the earth and there was no telling where that would take him.

Soon he was brought to a large tent in the center, where their chief was. Hearing the commotion, the leader strode forth, looking down at the drake. He was indeed an orc, the brute glaring down at him. "What is the meaning of this!" He didn't like the look of this dragon, then again he didn't like the look of many things.

Looking up at the orc, which he automatically loathed as it was a lesser creature and could look down at him, he did not quite smile, as he regarded the creature weighing his options, before speaking. Not for nothing were humans warned of the wicked tongue of wyrms! He does not bow, though he inclines his head. "Greetings mighty chieftain. I had happened on your followers, as I searched the woods, and hearing of your prowess and strength, asked them to take me to you, that I may see such a leader as they described!"

His tone, while impressed, was not servile or submissive, as he looked at the orc, the dragons posture non-threatening, and yet prepared to act.

It's either untrained bluff or diplomacy for flattery, and it paints the goblins in a good light as well! Naloth:1D20+4 → 23(19 + 4)

The Orc frowned but he didn't seem to go for an attack, though was still ready for one the way he gripped his greatclub. "I see..." He grumbled, he figured something was up here, but he bought the story. "I am indeed mighty Bashil, terror of the land!" He boasted, likely not being the terror of anything outside these woods. "Why does a dragon come to see me though?"

He nods, making sure to fake being suitably impressed. He was hardly that much better off really at the moment, though at the very least, he was a dragon, and therefore looked and smelled better then this creature. "After I set up my liar, I was hunting in the woods, when I cam across your followers. Being new to the region, and hearing of a warlord such as yourself was close by, I thought of the possibilities." Waving a claw towards the goblins, he smiles and winks.

"I would not think of usurping you," primarily because he was not strong enough to easily crush the orc and cow the goblins, "being ill suited in general to the role of being a general of such a force." Which, was also true in the strictest sense, as he would set up a pasty, such as the orc, to do it for him, as he couldn't be bothered dealing with the annoying vermin. Being worshiped, yes, as that was right and proper. Have to deal with the chittering creatures on a frequent basis?

"But, oh scion of war, I would not be disinclined to work for you on occasion, that we may both profit." And really, he could afford to play the long term game. Orcs, violent lifestyle aside, did not really live that long. And he? He was eternal.

The Orc considered Naloths words, the big, dumb creature eating it up. Sure Naloth might not be the best at charming people, but he was very charismatic in how he carried himself. The mere presence of a dragon carried an aura of respect, even one as small as he.

The Orc, smiled, giving a hearty chuckle. He relaxed, his grip on his club loosening. "We could do well, pillage lots of villages. Dragons are scary and strong, with our might we can do what we please!" Such a partnership could turn out well for Naloth in the end, this Orc seemed cunning enough to least have gotten a decent band of Goblins tougher after all.

Oh yes, at the moment, he was all charisma and cunning, though he would work to acquire those most fearsome weapons of the dragons arsenal. Oh yes, the mortal creatures are in awe of their claws, fangs and killing breath, and those most gifted amongst them crudely ape their arcane gifts, but the truest weapons of a dragon was it's guile, in layers of deceit and manipulation, that their slaves shall labour in their name.

So, as he relaxed as well, bobbing his head, seemingly in agreement. "It is as you say, oh warlord." Really, he would earn it, though he would make sure to also seize the best slaves for himself, as well as the most choice bits of magic.

Smiling, he looked over the orc. "By your leave, I will take a goblin back to my lair, so that there is a messenger, to send word for when you plan a raid?" Really, it would get a communication system in place, and it would also be a gesture of good will towards the orc, showing him, via his followers, where Naloth's lair is.

Back
Top Bottom