Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Elaya smirked. "You might want to be careful with knives."

Gerry stood and shuffled by. "Yeah. She's best with knives."

Sera leaned forward. "How good is she?" She beamed up at Elaya, proud of her 'puppy's' skills.

Gerry smirked as he refilled his pitcher of water from the rain barrel, then his cup and drained it, then looked very seriously at Sera. "Sweetheart Elaya is likely the best close quarters combatant I've ever seen."

Elaya blinked at this. "Gerry come on. Certainly Marcus. Or Angela? Or that lady who taught you. She was brilliant. Won all those fight tournaments."

He shook his head. "You." He finished his glass, returned to bed, and went back to sleep.

Elaya blinked again. "Well... i...I didn't think...i never would have.... i can't be that good. His teacher is Brandi Gantry. She studied all the warfare and combat from the old days and now. She survived the crash and even at a hundred and ten was still kicking butt all over..." She looked toward Gerry and smiled. "He must be wrong...but that's sweet of him to say."

Sera touched Elaya's face. "Why is he wrong?"

Elaya kissed the girl's wrist, making her giggle again. "He just is sweety."

Octavia sat and listened, her head only turning at the arrival of Narxis and Amitiel. Even Jeziah opened an eye from his spot on his bed and looked over. Night had fallen now and everyone was settling down. The few that were missing had gone to bed inside the ranch house -Lairia, and Rythert- and Kai had gone to visit Reno.

"You guys have been out a while," Jeziah yawned, "just in time for story time with Elaya."

Sera beamed, "Story time? Please oh please."

Jeziah grinned at her, knowing Sera wouldn't have thought of it if her older brother hadn't mentioned a thing.

Elaya smiled and lay her cheek on the girl's head and wrapped arms about her. "yes please. Story time."

The Angel and Demon both took seats, both clearly interested in hearing the story as well. Amitiel nodded. "Please indulge us Jeziah. We would be honored to hear your story."

Elaya smirked and lay back with Sera on her chest, letting the girl wriggle and get comfortable, entirely unsurprised that her breasts became Sera's pillow, but still touched that such a connection had already reformed. Her purple eyes turned to jeziah waiting patiently.

Jeziah looked confused for a second then let out a laugh, "Oh no I didn't mean me. Story time with Elaya. That's what I said. Sera loves her stories more anyways."

Seras head tilted up to look at Elaya with giant brown eyes, "I want a story with a princess!"

Elay sighed. "Damn. i was hoping you'd fall for that old trick." She winked at Octavia. "Very old woman's trick. But alright..."

She ran a loving hand over Sera's brow, kissed her temple, then began to speak. Slowly the tale of Rapunzel, the girl with the amazingly long hair in her tower, unfolded. Elaya's version was a touch darker though. The witch who trapped Rapunzel was actually a demon, and intent on wedding the virginal Rapunzel to Satan himself. A brave prince dared the traps and snares, mounted the tower, and stole her virginity.

Then the next day he returned and slew the demon witch before having to fend off an attack by Satan's hordes. Once he had done so he rescued Rapunzel from the burning tower, during which her amazing hair was nearly totally burned away, leaving only to her mind a pitiful length of a foot.

Leaping from the tower to the lake below, then onto the back of his brave charger he rode hard and took her first to her parents were thrilled beyond words to find and see her, then soon after wed her, making her a Queen as well.

Octavia grinned and settled more into her seat as Jeziah lay back down, knowing a story would put Sera to sleep. And it did. By the time Elaya's fantastic tale came to a close Sera was fast asleep in her lap, her brother not long after her.

"Seems our Phoenix's are tired," Octavia smiled, standing and stretching, "I will retrieve Arya and settle for the night too Lady Elaya. Excuse me."

She stepped out, leaving Elaya alone with the sleeping crowd, save for Amitiel and Narxis.

Elaya smiled and looked at Amitiel, the Angel moved and tucked Jeziah in, then lay another blanket over Sera and Elaya. Elaya thanked him silently, then snuggled into her love and fell asleep herself.

Narxis watched them sleep for a time, then stepped out of the barn into the night.

Silence reigned upon the barn.

Some little way away, Narxis made his decision. he burned the letter from Tatia. he would tell Elaya what had been tried, but he would not allow Nickens' lies to wound his friend any further.

In the morning Jeziah and Sera were gone, having said quiet goodbyes and disappeared with Octavia in tow, so that she could return and let Elaya know they found a safe place. As the farm began to wake some might noticed the two missing redheads. And some, Arya to be exact, had not woken yet, having been up quite late. She lay in the back of the barn quite silently until suddenly she let out a scream, rising in her sleep, some nightmare gripping the normally stoic hellhound.

Narxis was before her instantly. "My Lady are you alright?"

Elaya was studying a map of the area, her legs crossed into the lotus position, while her right arm rested on the same knee, supporting her jaw. She had some sticks and peggles serving as the forces, and things were bleak, but not so intensely as Nickens figured.

She wondered how... a smile began to form as she moved a large stick down.

"Ooooh Ami..."

Octavia was at Arya's side in an instant, appearing as if from no where when in fact she had just been returning from dropping Jeziah and Sera off. She quickly looked towards Narxis before shaking her friend awake. Arya's eyes flashed open and she sat up quickly, looking around wildly as a growl left her throat.

"You're awake now," Octavia assured, holding her friend's shoulders, "It's just me and...uh...Sir Narxis yes?"

The demon nodded and Octavia smiled, "Apologies for forgetting. Arya are-"

The death hound shrugged Octavia off and stood up quickly, her eyes a rich blood red, "I have to go."

It was all she said as she shrugged her leather jacket on and stalked out. Octavia immediately knew what her nightmare had been, and giving a small apologetic look to Narxis fled after the woman, both passing Elaya. Meanwhile Amitiel was coming into the barn, looking for Elaya.

"Have you seen Lairia?" he asked, looking slightly concerned, "I was making sure Rythert and her awoke for breakfast but could not find her within the ranchhouse. I would hope you knew where our client has disappeared off to?"

Elaya watched the two women go, then looked up at Amitiel. "No. But also yes. She's not doing anything foolish. Likely summoning us some help. Relax Amitiel. I need you to do something for me. Does Narxis still have the Horn of Joshua?"

"Well...yes."

"And you are the only one who can use it?"

"Amongst our group yeeesss."

She smiled.

~

Amitiel regretted this. He stood to the south of the Golden hills ranch, sighed, then put the horn to his lips and delivered a great blast through it. It was loud, moving, and powerful. And it shook the entire ranch.

The remaining streams and rivers dropped into the earth, and the earth opened swallowing the cattle and other stock, and just like that Golden Hills was crippled in a horrific way. It would not stop them, but it would delay them.

~

And it pissed Nickens off. "MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"

He hurled his jar of blood the length of the bar watching it drool down the wall. He seethed, his eyes wild with rage.

No one seemed worried or perhaps interested in the two women as they slipped away into the trees, heading east, away from everything that was happening. When they were far enough no one heard them Octavia asked where they might be heading but all she got was a low growl as Arya picked up the pace. Figured. Arya never spoke when it came to this part of herself. Perhaps because there was nothing to say. Perhaps because she just didn't know how. They continued on, now at a light jog through the trees as a storm seemed to be growing over the valley, thick dark clouds making everything much harder to see if it wasn't for thier gifted vision.

As they neared the neighbouring town to Lodestone (a quaint town by the name of Eagleridge) Arya veered right, towards a small patch of fields behind the town that was yielding crops. Most of the town still slept on, being as it was nearly 8 in the morning and not a minute after. Houses remained dark and the sky hid the sun, casting an eery glow on the town as they stepped into the field. Arya slowed then, a soft growl emanating from her lips. Octavia brandished her sword, slinking forward beside her partner.

"You will not take me you devil," a man suddenly spoke out, his voice soft enough to wake no one but it quivered with unwanted fear, "Be gone and I'll spare you."

Arya almost laughed, a cruel smile on her lips as shadows appeared around her body, slithering and wrapping like a silky fog at first before becoming thicker. It almost looked like she took a step back into them as she suddenly disappeared and the shadows grew black as the reshape into a hound like creature with hungry bloodshot eyes. The only one to do any speaking now would be Octavia. They continued forward into the wheat field, the tall stalk masking them until they reached a small knoll, a little clearing of wheat they had been cut already. In it 10 men stood with guns and swords at the ready, and an eleventh man stood in the middle of them, surrounding himself with thier protection.

"That won't work," Octavia declared, stepping into view alone, her weapon ready and her eyes guarded, "a few weapons will not stop your fate."

"Death isn't a fate witch," the man spat but fear still quelled in his voice.

"Neither was riches, but you demanded for those," somehow Octavia had guessed that had been his single want, seeing his rich fields and his expensive garbs. One man pointed his gun at the dragonling and she growled, but her snarl was barely heard over that of the one behind her, the powerful deathhoubd appearing out of the wheat with angry eyes and hungry dripping fangs.

"It is time to pay what is owed," Octavia warned as Arya lunged, hitting the first man and tearing his throats out. Octavia danced around her, striking the next man in the heart. In seconds all ten men lay dead at the elevenths feet as Octavia stood behind him, drenched in thier blood, making sure he would not flee Arya. With a sickening howl she lunged and buried her teeth into his chest, hollowing it out in one bite as she took his heart and swallowed it. The man fell, an unheard scream dying on his lips.

"Let us go before we are seen," Octavia urged as they slipped into the wheat stalk, splitting up and meeting at the forest edge unseen by any, Arya humanoid once more and dressed. It would not take them long to return to the ranch, still sullied in the blood of the fallen as Octavia pulled Arya to the well to clean their hands and faces. They had tried to find a stream on their way but oddly could not, as if the land had suddenly eaten them whole.

As they arrived Arya's darkened eyes looked around, her face calm but set. Octavia was worried. It was unlike Arya to not speak after her work was done. Usually once she had fulfilled her part of the contract she relaxed. The fact she hadn't made Octavia nervous. But before she could say anything she noticed a few of the children stepping out and became relieved when Narxis ushered them back in, seeing the state of the two women.

"Apologies," Octavia offered, washing her hands in a bucket and pouring the blood red water out, "We could not find a single stream on our way back to wash."

As Narxis approached them Arya slinked around the well, her face and chest still covered in blood but her hands and arms cleaned of it now. She stood in front of him, her eyes gleaming as she cocked her head at him, almost as if she was sizing him up. Finally she spoke.

"Where's your sorceress?"

Octavia's heart froze.

~

Meanwhile Lairia was at the western path into Lodestone where Octavia and Arya the day before had scared plenty of mercs. She had arrived at sunrise and she waited now, having told no one where she had left to. She had no intentions of being followed or caught till she returned to the ranch. Sitting on a stump she twirled the stone and Rey's gem in her fingers, kissing his gem softly when she could, letting herself cry a little over the pain of loss.

When the sun was high enough to mark it a little past eight she caught sight of someone travelling up the road, making their way up the lazy hill between the mountains alone. Lairia cloaked herself immediately, not wanting to be seen in case this person had ill intentions. As he got closer though she let the spell die, seeing the face belonging to the man. He was tall, taller than her at least, with sandy blonde hair cut short. Broad shoulders and well defined muscles could be seen through his leather jacket outlined in fur. He looked like a mountain man in his dressings, with a billowing cloak behind him flying loosely with the breeze. His footsteps crunched in the dirt under his black boots, as piercing blue eyes looked up and caught site of her. With his square jaw and high cheekbones he had a model look to himself, only ruined by his thick blonde eyebrows and thin pink lips that stretched now in a smile, revealing his fangs.

"At long last I see your beautiful face again," he declared as he reached the peek and without warning wrapped her into a hug, "I thought I might never see you again Lairia."

The sorceress blushed than coughed, waiting till he let go and stepped back, "It has been some time Jamie."

She turned a little and looked around him with a raised eyebrow, "Wonderful army you've brought me."

Jamie laughed, "I'm not idiot Lairia. If this guy is who you said he is, than we can't afford to reveal your plans. A entire party traversing down the road towards your encampment is plenty suspicious. I have them hiding in the mountains for now. One of them is a mage, and he can contact us when need be. When and where you need them, they will be."

She nodded and finally smiled, "Thank you Jamie. It's one of the Circle, I swear. He goes by Nickens here, though by his face I remember him as Zachariah."

Jamie flinched and stiffened, "That son of a bitch got free? He was one of the cruelest Lairia. Always power hungry, always greedy. The man was smart and calculating, but dead cold."

"And he's alive," she growled, "for now."

Leading him into the trees, they took the forest as cover as they began the trek back to the ranch, speaking the whole way.

"So you have a plan on how to kill him?"

Lairia shook her head, "I'm not the one in charge. I would be if I could, at least on this matter, but up until I saw his face and he took Reynault from me, I was willing to let Elaya lead the fight. Now I just hope she'll allow me to set my plan."

"That name sounds oddly familiar," he mused, trying to catch it.

"Princess of the Metuzi," Lairia explained and he nodded, realizing where he had heard it before, "I should probably catch you up while we have the chance..."

By the time they had reached the ranch Lairia had explained why she was with her group and who they were. She still had plenty to catch him up on but it wasn't essential as of now, and she was still finding it hard to even look Jamie in the eye, especially after all that had happened between them. As they set foot on the ranch, however, she had little time to announce her arrival before the woman named Arya that Lairia had only briefly met turned and started to stalk towards her.

"Arya no!" the other woman - Octavia she believed she was called - jumped forward and planted herself between Arya and Lairia. Instantly Jamie was on defense too, stepping ahead of Lairia as he brandished a long sword, ready for a fight. Narxis had jogged off quickly, but was already returning with Amitiel and Elaya at his side.

~

Meanwhile at the Golden Hill Ranch Tatia was waking up with a splitting headache, but more concernedly was the earthquake that had woken her. Without a window though she could not see what was happening. Banging on the door brought no one either. Sitting down she tried to think of what might be happening but came up with a blank. She couldn't even remember all of the day before, only remembering the contract and then a man claiming to be a sorcerer coming to visit her. After that she was drawing a blank, now having woken. Had they done something to her? She felt no pain. In fact, other than the headache, for the first time in days Tatia didn't feel at the edge of death, and her body did not ache a million times over. Her brain no longer felt muggy and muddled, allowing her to think rationally.

And as she sat there one thought did come to mind. The pain. All the pain she had endured from those deaths, from the men she had sent in on Nickens orders. Why had she felt pain? At the time, she hadn't considered it, the pain too overwhelming, the thought that it had to be her connection making the most sense. But now that she could think on the matter, she knew her powers had never done so before. She never felt their pain. What had happened?

"Hello?!" she called out, hoping for answers not of just this question but of what was happening, where was everyone, and why she couldn't remember.

Amitiel was only beginning to answer Octavia, attempting to explain that he had only stolen the water from the Golden Hills ranch, and the other running waters that were affected would return quickly.

But all this was delayed by Arya's rush toward Lairia.

Amitiel was just turning to Narxis and moving along when Elaya moved with all her speed, instantly between Laria and Arya. "Lady Arya what vexes you?"

She held a hand out behind her, gently asking for Lairia to let her handle this.

Amitiel looked over at Jamie curiously, while Narxis looked on very curious. he could smell the blood on the hellhound, and wondered who the rich fool actually had been.

Elaya raised her free hand in a gesture of peace. "Lady Arya will you have words?"

The Rythert looked on from the porch. They had been collecting water for the farmers with the kids help, but at the prospect of trouble they had gone inside and out the back to their fathers.

Arya said not a word. The whole field became quiet as everyone waited on the woman to speak but all the came forth was a low growl, her eyes dangerously red.

"What need he have for her?" Octavia finally exclaimed, obviously clueing in faster than anyone else, "Arya you know this is wrong. That's why you screamed this morning. You only scream in your dreams when they hurt. And they only hurt when he visits them. What does he want with Lairia?"

The deathhound was in full predator mode. Answering or even speaking was beneath her. The human languages were not native to her tongue. Octavia was between Elaya and Arya now, one hand on Aryas chest in warning. She was not about to break alliances with this group and jeopardize her oldest friendship for a contract.

"If you won't then I'll ask them," Octavia warned and Aryas eyes flashed up to hers then back down, looking straight through Octavia as if she could see through her and Elaya to Lairia.

"She won't talk," Octavia sighed, giving up and dropping her hand and taking a step back. Instantly Arya took a step and a growl rippled through her but she didn't raise a hand to Octavia. Her eyes remained on Arya as she spoke up to Lairia, "Answer me please m'lady for your life depends on it this very second. I will not lie and say I can match Arya if she chooses to kill me here. What might you have Lady Lairia that Lucifer would be keen on getting his hands on? Keen enough in fact to order a bounty on your head to Arya."

The deathhounds nostrils flared and she growled again but remained put, giving warning signs that she was tiring of waiting.

Lairias cheeks paled and she looked to Elaya, "only...the stone."

Elaya nodded. "I suspected this was the problem."

She looked at Arya thoughtfully, then looked at Narxis. "Do it."

Narxis nodded, and whirled, kicking Laria hard in the chest. Amitiel caught her as Narxis changed. His form became dark and infernal, and Lucifer was suddenly there.

Elaya snarled, and Amitiel screamed something in a tongue no one could understand. Lucifer was instantly surrounded by five Divine Warriors, their blades crossed around his neck. Amitiel spoke very carefully, still holding Laria. "Lord Lucifer this woman has been attacked by a representative of Hell. She is now under the protection of Heaven."

The five spoke softly. "Five archangels to be clear. We will have peace or your head. Make your choice."

Lucifer was furious. his eyes glowed yellow with hate as he looked at Elaya. "You fucking bitch."

Elaya smiled sweetly. "Such language Lord Lucifer."

He snarled then gasped as a blade bit into his neck. He glared at the owner who looked back without any thought or emotion. "It is not given you to harm me."

The archangels spoke as one. "But we can destroy this form and banish you to the pit for a millenia or two."

Lucifer growled, then looked at Elaya. "You'll pay for this cunt."

She smiled sweetly. "bring it Luci. And if you touch Sera again...Remember I do know how to kill demons."

His eyes burned, then he sighed. "Fine. Arya. The contract is rescinded." He looked at Laria and a loud crack followed. He glared at her in rage. "Enjoy it while it lasts little girl."

He looked at Elaya. "A clever trick wolf. But I will have payment for this."

She leaned forward and actually beeped his nose. "Lucifer I fucking dare you."

His nose began to bleed and he snarled. "What have you done to me!?!"

She smiled very sweetly. "The Metuzi have guardianships, wards, protections, and sponsors even your dumbass cannot imagine. Including your Father."

Lucifer's eyes bulged. "YOU LYING BITCH!!"

She slapped him and his jaw actually cracked. The archangels spoke now. "She has paid tribute to the Father for this woman. And been named her guardian upon this plane."

Amitiel flinched at this. "What?!"

The archangels spoke again. "She has delivered proper tribute. The Almighty has granted her much for this. Lucifer you cannot touch this woman, or her group, or her client. The power of God imbues the wolfwoman."

Lucifer snarled. "i don't believe it."

Elaya pulled her collar down revealing a black cross burned over her heart. "I made a deal Luc. For myself, this group, and the Metuzi. And no not through Mikey. But directly to your Daddy. And he took it."

"What did you give Elaya?" Amitiel was very worried.

She smirked. "Our souls."

Amitiel blinked at this. "but...wow." Angels and demons did not have souls. But those that did would not be protected permanently. The Most High had just gained one of the most powerful armies on the planet.

"What of Laria's stone?"

"It's her's. The Most High doesn't need it."

Amitiel was stunned. "Elaya...how?"

She smiled looking into Lucifer's eyes. "He tried to kill my Seraphina. I did the one thing i was sure of that would protect her and the rest of us, and my people. The Most High is fair and just. The deal was offered and struck."

Lucifer hissed and kicked her. His foot passed through her. "How?!"

She gestured at Narxis. "It was to be activated the moment an infernal force attack Laria or one of the others under the protection of this deal. I cheated to be sure the attack would not be lethal."

Lucifer looked at Narxis. "How dare you!?"

Narxis shrugged. "you banished me My Lord. but you did not steal my truth. Elaya has treated me better and with more respect than you ever did."

Lucifer hissed, then looked at Elaya. "Think you are so clever huh?"

Elaya shrugged. "Can't fight two wars at once. Now unless you have something more to say, i think it's time to go."

He spit at her, but she just moved her head out of the way. He snarled again then vanished. Elaya looked at Arya. "Are we done here?" She then looked at Octavia, her eyes unreadable, then walked over to Laria, who Amitiel was healing. "I'm sorry Laria. Are you alright?"

The minute Lucifer appeared Arya knelt and bowed, and did not rise till he left, although she heard each and every word. No sooner had he left and Arya Rosen though that a hair splitting pain cracked through her head and Arya screamed, falling to the ground as the pain enveloped her, manical laughter echoing in her ears. To the rest Arya had simply fallen forward with a scream and was now shaking silently, a. If a seizure had taken her. Octavia jumped to check her before she too screamed and fell, her own body in just as much agony.

Across from them Lairia was waking to the scene, the roundhouse kick having knocked her out momentarily. Jamie was helping her to her feet as the attention turned to the two in agony.

"You sentenced us," Arya screamed at Elaya, her voice only loud due to the pain, "Octavia!"

The dragonling lay beside her shaking violently, and Arya reached out with her nails and without hesitation racked long sharp nails across her chest, making Octavia scream louder in pain then suddenly stop, her body going limp and her seizure ended. Aryas continued, her eyes rolling back as the pain grew ever worse.

"It's Lucifers punishment," Octavia gasped, pulling wife the collar of her shirt to show the pentagram tattoo over her heart, now torn by Aryas nails to counter it, "He will not kill us as we Arya is a unique one of her kind, but he plans to make an example of her."

Octavia was shaking from the pain but she turned and held Aryas hand as slowly the tremors stopped and Arya fell unconscious. Neither woman could move though, Octavia too weak now to rise and Arya asleep as her body slowly began to heal from the trauma.

Elaya looked on calmly. "Of course. he's a cruel tyrannical bully."

Amitiel stayed near Lairia and her friend, looking on as well.

The Rythert had rushed up. "What happened?"

"Lucifer's plan fell apart and he attacked Octavia and Arya out of spite."

She looked at Narxis who nodded and knelt, and engulfed Arya in jet black Hellfire.

Elaya moved to Octavia. "i'm sorry... i didn't think he would use Arya that way. Not now. if you wish to take payment of my blood it is yours. But i have to go check on our Phoenixes."

She gently touched Octavia's face and spoke in the woman's own tongue. "Your talons may have my flesh as they wish."

She stood and moved into the forest, looking for Sera and Jeziah.

~

The man clutched his crotch, his upper teeth digging into his lip as he watched the lovely little redhead. "Soon little one. You will learn how to please a man good and proper."

Octavia just pulled away from her touch, not in anger but out of reflex. The only beings allowed to touch her were Arya, Sera and Jeziah, as they were old friends. Elaya was but an acquaintance and her close proximity was uncomfortable.

As Elaya left Octavia turned and gave Narxis a cold stare until he backed away, her throats raw and ragged. Free of the flames Octavia lifted her old friend in her arms and stood on exhausted legs.

"This is not the first time we have been hit in battle," she whispered, "Nor will it be the last."

She hobbled the two of them into the barn and collapsed on her bed, Arya next to her. Her breath was ragged, the cuts on her chest deep. Letting out a puff she stood and teetered to a small bucket of water left for washing hands. Taking a cloth she began to clean her wounds, exhaustion nagging at her. When she felt they were clean and she had bandaged them she returned to the bed and fell down besides Arya, her breath hoarse.

"I know your watching," she gasped, having caught Narxis scent, "Arya will be fine. He has done this many a time to us. It's a reminder of the suffering he will cause if she fails to obey. My involvement is purely for her benefit. But if you wish Sir Narxis, you may watch over her as she sleeps. I may doze now too."

And she did. Octavia fell into a sleep as her wounds slowly healed, the cloth still soaking in blood.

~

Jeziah and Seraphina had spent the whole morning training, and for the now ten year old, six hours of practise grew boring. To please her Jeziah had promised a game of hide and seek after she completed her lesson. True to his word when she successfully finished warping a ball of fire into an arrow he agreed to play.

"You hide, I seek," she giggled, throwing it her hands over her eyes, "one...two..."

Jeziah snuck back into the cave they had set up as a temporary camp and hid behind one of the jutting rocks. Had he gone the other way he would have smelt the man lurking in the trees, but he was upwind and neither Phoenix had noticed his scent yet. Sitting there hidden he heard her finish to thirty then yell out she was coming. Now all he had to do was wait.

Narxis sighed. "Yeah. he does that. Elaya is right. he's a petty little asshole."

He ignored the flash of pain that lanced through him at the insult, and continued to watch them. "Sleep well. I am sorry for your pain as well.

~

The man held his breath as the girl drew closer, still gripping himself, silently licking his lips.

When she stumbled into his clearing he smiled. "hey pretty. how are you doing today? Wanna see something cool?"

He was slightly hidden behind a bush so she could not see his erection, though it wasn't very impressive in any state.

He did not see Elaya enter the phoenix's clearing, but for once her wonderful nose failed her. She had come from upwind, so her scent was blown toward the young redhead and the man, while Elaya could smell nothing, save Jeziah.

She turned to the cave and whispered. "Jeziah? Where's Sera?

While Narxis guarded the two sleeping forms and Lairia healed with Jamie and Amitiels help Elaya had happened upon Jeziah and Sera encampment that Octavia had obviously given her directions to. Smelling her, Jeziah snorted, knowing she could smell him and would likely put him to his sister to win the game. Her words though sent a tremor of worry through him and he jumped up stepping out of the cave.

"She was just here," his eyes circled the area, panic setting in, "she has been doing so good today I promised her a game of hide and seek. She should have heard me shuffle into the cave though. Maybe she heard you in the trees and thought you were me?"

It was unlikely. Elaya would have caught her scent if Sera had drawn close enough.

"Maybe she heard a deer or a bird," he started to jog towards the trees, still downwind of the man neither knew about. There little camp was at the bottom of a small lazy hill in the trees, the forest breaking at the end to create a small knoll around the entrance of the cave. Any way they walked they would have to step up a small slope, and while it was too small to truly call a hill, it was deep enough to keep the mans scent hidden from thier noses.

"She has to be close," he sighed before yelling, "Sera where are you? Games over you win! Come out."

Sera heard and her head turned to look back where she came before looking at the man hidden in the bush.

"I'm doing good," she chirped, "I do like cool things but my brother is calling. We are playing hide and seek. Elaya plays with me normally. She's very good at hiding but I like when I get to hide and they seek. I should go. Big brother is calling."

"Or you can stay and keep playing the game," he replied, licking his lips again, "Now it's your turn to hide and he can look. I can show you a good hiding spot."

Elaya was just starting to get truly worried when her ears twitched.

~

The man moved nearer, still hidden behind the bush. "i know the best hiding spot."

~

Elaya's eyes blazed and she was off in a shot.

~

The man had no time to react. One moment he was standing there looking at the girl, the next a blur hit him so hard he flew the length of the clearing and crashed into a tree.

Elaya scooped Sera up, and ran her back to her brother. "I have to go sweety. but you're doing so good!" She hugged the girl, then looked at jeziah with a warning, and was off again.

~

The man shuddered awake, and first realized he was naked. then he realized he was upside down. And bleeding to death.

And a pack of wolves was sniffing at the blood, but refused to lick it.

Elaya stood behind the pack. "Yancy Narns. Proven child rapist and killer."

"I-"

"Silence. I know who and what you are. And what you were going to do to that child. I could do a lot of things to you. And I might. But instead I am going to use a gift from a friend."

She tossed a patch of black oily something onto him, and he began to shriek as it slowly began to expand, enveloping him, contracting his body forcing him to fit within the small patch slowly, tortuously. His screams could not escape the clearing however as his bones popped. then cracked, then shattered, then crumbled.

The patch finally fell between the wolves and soaked up his blood. Elaya moved up it and smiled to see the ruined dying beast still within the patch begging for relief and help. He would suffer in eternal torment in such a state. the patch erupted into Hellfire and he was gone.

Elaya smiled then returned to Sera and jeziah. "So what did you learn today lovely?"

Seraphina was only sad that Elaya appeared and disappeared just as quickly. She seemed unfazed by anything else, and by Elaya's account of what she found, Jeziah was relieved. When Elaya returned they had a fire and a lunch cooking, three bowls ready for the rabbit stew they were making.

"Well firstly she learned some control techniques..." Jeziah began.

"I made a ball of fire!" Sera squealed, "And then we made different shapes and then we played hide and seek!"

Jeziah smiled, "It took us all morning to make a ball. But she has been helping me cook this stew by controlling the campfire."

"Yeah!" Sera squealed and the fire grew before she threw her hands out and it lowered, "Sorry Jeziah."

"Its fine," he smiled, "Don't worry."

"Elaya, are you staying for lunch?" Sera asked then as Jeziah looked up at Elaya and mouthed that they had tons, "I missed you."

Elaya leaned over and pulled the girl into her arms and kissed her cheek, hugging her hard. "And i missed you my sweet girl."

She snuggled the girl and sniffed. "Hmmm...do you think it can be any good if Jeziah cooked it?"

She winked at Jeziah and Sera giggled. "Yes!"

Elaya nodded. "Alright. I'll try. But if you're wrong you owe me big. You'll have to tell a story tonight."

Sera giggled and snuggled into the wolf as Elaya began to hum, waiting for the stew to finished. It smelled magnificent, and she sighed. "Jeziah you and i need to trade a lot of recipes and such. Especially a certain lady's favorites."

"Whose?" The girl that would become that certain lady asked.

Elaya kissed the girl's neck then blew on it rather hard making her shriek in laughter.

The stew was ready in minutes luckily and he served them up, a soft relieved smile on his face that Sera was yet again safe.

"I'll write down the recipes for you at some point, " he replied softly, "thank you Elaya. For dealing with...that matter. I'm glad she's safe."

"Thank you Jeziah and of course."

She waited until Sera was busy eating her stew before saying more. "No one touches out girl. And if he had..." her eyes flashed with a rage filled darkness, that had terrified many in the past.

She set to her own stew and sighed happily. "Jeziah you are easily the best cook i ever. thank you."

Back
Top Bottom