Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

The Rythert laughed softly and kissed her. "Tatiana you have been denying your truth far too long. Allow us."

The male gripped her hips and press his thumbs down and her scales coalesced and shifted, keeping her 'legs' together, but exposing her sex. Without delay he slid into her. A rush of sea water and power flowed into her, and then she felt her scales shift and the three became joined, their lower bodies all part of her tail, while the male began to rock into her, filling her more deeply and fully than ever before, while another part of her being was within the female, both stimulating her pleasure centers more perfectly than any lover, client or any other being had ever even come close too. As they did so they fondled her breasts, her body, her rump, her tail, her hair, her face and kissed her with wild abandon, and the seas washed over her, powering the pleasure to exponential levels, making her skin more sensitive, her body more receptive to their ministrations, and making everything else in her life fade in comparison to being loved truly.

They were making love to her, not just fucking her, not just having her. They adore her and worshiped her body and form dutifully, needing to touch and hold all of her at once, the very sea about them needing to pleasure and delight her, their Princess. She was their world.

Both forms moaned her name and held her close. The female was already in the midst of a cascading series of orgasms, shuddering and moaning her Princess' name, her voice the sound of high tide crashing upon boulders as she begged Tatia to take her, tightening about their connection almost savagely, trying to tear a similar series of orgasms out of Tatia, while the male form drove into her powerfully yet with a tender skill, his length pressing fully upon each pleasure point in her sex, her position making the rather rough love making her own body clamp upon her clit. The female would arch her hips and their connection would explode upon the little nub. There was nothing physical connecting them, save perhaps the sea made hard, but every little movement sent pleasure flooding through Tatia's body right to her brain.

She had never been overwhelmed with such pleasure. It filled her inside and out, cascading around her as her climaxes rose and fell, one after another. She was glad when she saw that Ebony was curled up on the shore taking a nap. She did not need to be watching as Tatia was worshiped by these -this- being. Or how much Tatia was enjoying every second of it, the smells of the ocean washing over her time and time again, lulling her into perfect relaxation with Rythert as they groped and fucked her, both gently and hard.

They showed her parts of her body even Tatia didn't know of, having never had sex in her full form. And it felt...amazing. And incredibly intimate too. A part of her wanted to push them away, to say she barely knew them, but she felt as if some part of her had always known they'd come around, as if they and only they understood something in herself that she had yet to understand. It both boggled her and and frightened her, these new emotions she had no idea how to process springing up. But more than anything, the pleasure within her trumped all else. This felt...unbelievable.

With her acceptance came a rush of more pleasure, in realms of intensity bent on driving her mad. It came in strengthening pulses, affecting every cell of her existence at once.

Both of them drove into, against, over, and around her again and again and again, with ever increasing need for her. They did not let her touch them, clenching about her forcefully, making her support all three of them, though their weight was negligible. This increased their leverage, and their ability to power the lovemaking exponentially. He thrust with more force and the focus points along his length began to vibrate in mad rhythms on every one of her pleasure centers, while she began to suckle at Tatia's nipples, their sexes grinding over one another, while their clits seemed to press tighter and tighter together.

They were moaning her name, screaming it with all the voices of nature itself. They had found her. And they would not be parted.

Tatia felt overwhelmed with pleasure, and it made the experience that much more amazing. Her moans mixed in with theirs, her angelic like voice chimed to their's of the sea, making one of the most beautiful and haunting sounds she had ever heard. It was all just...incredible.

The two were relentless in their needs to please her, filling her and touching her from what felt like every end. The pleasure was immeasurable, her sex filled, her clit rubbed, her breasts touched. Nothing was left alone. Tatia had never felt such pleasure before, and it was all made anew by the form she was in. She felt like a virgin not only to their skill but to the fact she had never been touched in this way before. There would never be another night like this that felt so raw to her. She loved it. She loved all of it.

Her orgasms grew, cascading over each other till her body felt spent and she started to beg, "Let me feel you, please. Both of you. Let me touch you. I need to."

They had pinned her till now, her body caught between them, but the desperation to make that connection, to run her hands over their arms and bodies, to feel them against her was strong. She wanted to know this wasn't a dream, she needed to know they were there. She moaned again as a new climax rose and fell, her voice rising like a melody. And in that moment Tatia started to sing.

She held no words, no lyrics. Just a rhythm. The rhythm of the sea, brought to her by them, now washing over her as she listened to their moans and cries of her name and joining in, singing them her lament for only their eyes and no one else to hear. It was told in myths that when a siren found her one truest love they would sing, and their voice would be more beautiful than ever before. And the song would hold no words but somehow still confess their undying love for that one person, even if they had yet to realize it. It was a song they would only ever sing to that love, or so it was told.

Whether Tatia knew it or not, she was singing that song now. But it wasn't to one being, it was to two marvelous beings with one soul, a soul that her own sang out to with every fiber of her being.

Her request was all it took. They shifted, pushing her over onto her back, him pushing her tail up so it was over his face, chest and back, while the female mounted Tatia's middle. She weighed nothing bringing Tatia's hands up onto her body, her breasts cool yet hot, so soft yet firm and perfect. She moaned, her rump grinding against tatia's clit while she ground her sex and clit over Tatia's tummy, her legs pressing against the swell of the siren's breasts.

When the Princess began to sing they both allowed their voices to join her's in harmony, their orgasms, powers, and intensity growing with her song. They knew what it meant, what the sound held for them, and the delight and pleasure they felt at it was even more than that supplied by the lovemaking.

The female bent impossibly, still obscenely humping Tatia's middle and breasts, yet somehow kissing her and suckling both nipples, while the male thrust into her again and again, his hands roaming her tail, scales, and over the curve of her hips and rump, making the scales sing.

They adjusted, allowing her to move her hands, which she did in earnest. She ran her fingers over each of thier torsos in turn, then lifted up on her elbows to kiss the female half, their lips melting into each other. As she lay back down she was gifted with more pleasure, the meet touch of his hands running along her tail making her shiver and coo. Tatia reached up and found Rythert's female half, running her hands over her breasts and then squeezing them gently, allowing them to sit in her palms. They felt perfect, as if made just for Tatia. Another moan escaped her as he thrusted in deeper and her lips fell on Tatia, but she had her own grip now, teasing the females breasts to her those delicious cries of pleasure. It was all so perfect, the siren swore it was a dream, but a dream she never wished to wake from.

The night felt like it would never end with these too. The stars twinkled above them, the moon high and bright, illuminating their bodies entertained with each other. Tatia wanted it to never end, but she could feel the battles of the previous day catching up to her. The siren had still not gotten the rest she needed and it began to wear on her, slowing her lovemaking as her heart continued to race, her breath starting to come out harsh and quick.

"I have never met a lover more skilled than I," she purred, eyes closing, "but you two, one, have showed me pleasure I have never experienced not known could."

The responded not to a command but to her need, laying her down, rolling to her sides and enveloping them in their arms, each kissing her again.

They smiled at her words. "Princess you have never had lovers meant to be with you and you alone. We were made to adore and be adored by you."

They kissed her again. Their legs and her tail were in the water. "We can mime your form if you wish us too. All forms of the sea, and all it's voices are ours to control however you wish."

The female reached up and snagged the sleeping kitten, bringing her purring form down onto Tatia's chest and both began to stroke her back, keeping her asleep and purring. The female giggled but her voice now came out of the male's lips. "We like cats very much. And Princess Ebony here is a true sweetheart."

Tatia relaxed into the stoner below her as they set her down, happily between them. They were here to adore her? Had they been looking for her? Her thoughts ran to Elayas words about how someone would one day come along just for her. Had that already come true. They pulled the kitten into her lap as the four now cuddled, stroking the little being to keep her asleep. Princess Ebony was a sweet nickname, one that fit the kitten well. When the female voice came out of the males mouth Tatia giggled, surprised but endeared by it.

"You two are really the same being split in two," she exclaimed, "it's marvellous. But I must ask. This was like a dream, and I fear it may end soon. Surely you came upon me by accident and will travel on after this night?"

There was a note of sadness in her voice even thinking they might leave, hoping they would ask her to remain with her. Then the thought rose of trying to convince Elaya and Sera to let her newfound "friends" to join the group. They wouldn't be keen on wandering strangers just popping up unexpectantly and wanting to join. But Tatia could feel they meant her no harm. She just needed to convince the rest. That was, of Rythert wanted to stay.

They blinked. "But we came for you Princess. The waters of your soul called us to you. Where else should we go?"

They both leaned in and kissed her. "Give your command and we depart from your presence, but always ready to return. Give us your word and we stay to serve, love, and adore you as is only just and right for you, Princess Tatiana of Atlantis."

They nuzzled against her, unable to stop the feel of their homes washing over all three of them. "The seas that we live in and are are yours, Your Grace."

~

Elaya's eyes were still closed. She had smelled everything, not needing Drea's concerned whisper. She had shaken her head. She did not know what these things were but they meant no harm to Tatia.

They actually smelled as if they couldn't hurt Tatia. She smiled. She had not expected to be proven right so quickly, but she could sense and smell something solidifying in Tatia. She opened her eyes and looked at Sera and bit her lip. "Oh dear... i hope you won't mind as much darling...they did show up while you were busy."

They came for her? Just knowing they were here for her and her alone made her heart swell. She wanted to disbelieve them but something within her told the siren they spoke only the truth. As the smell of sea water washed over them again her eyes drooped a bit, feeling that exhaustion.

"Please don't leave," she murmured, kissing each of them again in turn, "I cannot explain how I feel, but I do not want either of you to leave. I swear to that."

She pulled them in closer, her eyes closing more, "Would it be alright if I just...slept...a little..."

Hours later she woke with a start, the sun rising over the trees, bathing her in pinks and golds. She was no longer in the lake, but instead beside it on the grass, lying on her back with Ebony curled on her stomach, dozing. For a second she worried it had all been a dream, a beautiful one, but nevertheless one. Then she turned her head and saw each of them and broke into a wide grin.

"Good morning," she purred, kissing his neck then hers, "You smell delicious. Both of you."

She breathed them in, and she could feel the effects on her skin from their lovemaking that night. She almost glowed, as if their was a light under her beautiful tanned skin. Her legs were back, but she could still feel the tingle from how he had penetrated her tail, taking that form' virginity. It made her cheeks grow pink and her insides flutter. Tatia had never felt this good in a long time.

He snuggled into the siren, while she moaned and squeezed in tighter. "We are happy to please you princess. Let's stay here."

"I don't think so."

Elaya had actually left her Sera, but only for the moment, and with the promise that everyone would stay with Sera and assure the Phoenix that the wolf would be back. Elaya growled, not threatening but making her annoyance at being force to come collect the siren by Drea clear.

Ebony mewed and gamboled over to the wolf, nuzzling her. Elaya sniffed. "She smells better. Oi you three come on. Breakfast is waiting. And no stalling. Tatia Drea is worried sick. Hurry up so she'll leave me alone."

She reached down rubbing Ebony's ribs. "Let's go."

Tatia jumped at the sound of Elaya's voice, so caught up in Rythert she had missed the werewolf coming up. Not that she would have heard her anyways. Elaya was silent, and fast. She groaned as the older woman bossed her around to get up, knowing she really didn't want to. She was thankful her lovers had moved her out of the water, keeping her tail from Elaya's sight. It wasn't that Tatia didn't trust her, at this point she felt she had to trust at least her, Sera, and Drea. They knew the most. The siren simply didn't want to show off her full form yet. It still made her uncomfortable. Odd I didn't feel the same way with Rythert last night. In fact I never felt incomfortable at all, not even upon waking naked. Wait...I'm naked!

She blushed, being on clear display to the wolf. Now she felt the need to sit up, looking for her clothing. She wasn't ashamed of her looks, hell most of the team had seen her naked by now. But with Rythert there, Tatia was touched with a bit of modesty, wanting to contain herself for them, not to mention clothing them.

"We will catch up," she murmured, letting Elaya go back as she got her clothes and pulled them on piece by piece, Ebony winding around her feet.

"Rythert," she called calmly to them, picking up Ebony, "If your finished dressing, would you mind holding her while I get my boots on? She just wants attention."

When the three were ready they headed off after where Elaya left, Ebony back in Tatia's hands as they moved. Tatia stood between the two, happily walking in time with them as they strolled back to the camp. Butterflies grew in her stomach as they drew closer. How would she introduce them? Would they believe Rythert meant no harm? What would Rey think? Or Sera?

"I should warn you before we get there, our group is very rag tag. We come from all walks, and all species. You just met Elaya. She's our leaders lover, and she can be blunt most of the time, but she means well. The rest I'll introduce to you. How should I...uh...introduce you Rythert? I understand you are one, but you are also two. Do you have nicknames for each other? How shall I introduce you?"

Elaya sniffed. "Sheesh woman. Just come on. And make sure you fix your hair. It looks like you stood in the middle of a hurricane."

She moved away, but did not leave them. She foudn she trusted the Rythert, but she also smelled trouble in the offing. As the siren dressed the wolf's head snapped up and she was off into the brush. She crushed her paws upon the chest of the observer, her snarl silencing him.

"Walter Flynn. The Merman exile. What the fuck are you doing here?!" Her fangs gleamed, her drool sizzling on his flesh.

"i...i uh... i." he started to call for help in his own tongue but she bit his head cleanly off, then ripped out his spine, his body immediately collapsing into water. She spit his remains out, then stalked back to check on tatia and her lovers.

The Rythert had not seen or sensed anything, too focused on Tatia. "We are the Rythert. The lovers and servants to the Princess Tatiana of Atlantis. Should we be anything else?" They were confused about nicknames.

Tatia had not sensed the intruder either, oblivious in her glee with Rythert. Not that she was in any danger of she did. Merfolk could not walk on land by any means. They were trapped to one body and voice, while sirens could shift and sing. But where sirens held the power, Merfolk held the strength and speed, being the fastest swimmers in any waters and the strongest too.

As they spoke she nodded, guessing that be their answer. She did not want them to feel uncomfortable so she smiled and kissed each of their cheeks, "Nevermind me Rythert. It was a silly question. Sometimes people have nicknames, names not their own that they are still called. For example, mine is Tatia. And please, do call me that. Speaking my title in open air is very dangerous for me."

A hint of worry crept into her voice as she realized that. These two seemed to know all about her. Would they tell the group in conversation? It be an awkward talk to have, to explain she was a heir to a throne. Or worse, what if they told a wandering stranger? There were many hunters wanting her blood.

"Please Rythert," she stopped, turning to face them both, "no one can know who I truly am. On this land I am known as Tatia, an orphan girl raised into a mercenary. That is all."

She looped her arms between the two and was off again, a little somber now, "just Tatia."

As they reached the camp eyes turned to look, and talk fell silent. Tatia had fixed her hair, and theirs, but it still was a small shock to see the siren step out of the trees with these two beings that were identical in every way but gender.

"Morning," she chirped, trying to still the butterflies in her stomach. When had she ever been one to get butterflies? What had Rythert done to her?

She spotted Lairia, who looked pale and weak but alive. Smiling at her she looked across the rest of the group, "Where's Sera?"

"Still unconscious," Kia replied, looking worried, "She was suppose to awake by now, and everyone is a little worried. We were just sitting down for breakfast to get our mind off of fretting. Would you like...to introduce your new friends?"

"Oh yes," Tatia laughed, hugging the two close to her, "they are not two though. They are one. This is Rythert."

Before the Rythert could speak in greeting Elaya stepped into the clearing, no sign of her work remaining.

"These are the Rythert. They are a kind of Water Spirit, focused on the sea, especially drawn to Tatia's kind. They are her friends and will be joining the group, unless Sera says otherwise. Now where is breakfast."

She was not in the best of moods. Walter had not been the only mermish about and the others had talked more freely. Tatia was being hunted more actively, including a hefty price on her head.

She turned to the trio, and rubbed Ebony's chin as she whispered in the tongue of the Siren. "You are being chased by your foes Tatia. They say they have more trouble with these two around so keep them close." She then turned to the Rythert and smiled. "What would you like to eat?"

The pair's noses crinkled. Though there was no evidence of her work, they could sense that she had killed sea creatures, and her warmth and scent made their stomachs curdle. They drew away, actually cowering behind Tatia.

Elaya arched an eyebrow and stepped away, while Drea came forward with fresh pure waters. She smiled at the pair. "New friends of the wave. How lovely to meet you. I have not heard of you before. A true pleasure. Shall we share the nectar of life?"

The Rythert stiffened as she approached and knelt before her. Tatia was their Princess, and rightful Queen, but this was a water goddess. They would not and could not offer their service or allegiance, but they had to show proper respect.

She smiled. "Please stand and join us. Partake with us. Tatia you smell...different." She leaned forward and smiled. "you've been to the sea...somehow...ooooooh." She grinned as she studied Tatia's lovers, nodding her approval and delight at the prospect.

Elaya had gotten food and drink for herself and Sera, and now was straddling her lover, forcing some nectar of fire down the Phoenix's throat. And chewing Seraphina out.

"Let me tell you something right now ginger muffin. If you don't wake up soon and stop scaring everyone i'm going to be very cross with you and make you go on patrols alone for a week." This went on as she vented her worry about her love, her fingers gentle and loving as she stroked cheek, neck and hair, and urged Sera to waken. She also delivered a constant flurry of kisses, trying to breathe life into the redhead.

Tatia felt them recoil and an urge to defend them washed over her, feeling her fists clench and her body stiffen as she watched Elaya, yet there was no annoyance or anger in her face. This woman was her friend, not her enemy. Tatia knew that, but something within her had grown attached to these two and had become fiercely protective.

Then Drea came up and everyone relaxed as the two knelt and Tatias grin grew, finding Rythert adorable. They rose and took the water, as did Tatia as she directed them to a free fallen log Kai was using as a bench. In her head, Tatia chewed on Elayas warnings, worried about the fact they were getting closer. There was no doubt in her mind all of this was connected. The assassin from the other day, then Rythert showing up, and no exiled Merfolk? What did they think they could do? Swim upstream until Tatia fell in the water? They weren't as much a threat as hunters were, but still. Somehow they were all finding her, and that put this group all in danger.

Her thoughts were Interupted though as Kai struck up a conversation with Rythert and she could here Elaya desperately trying to wake their leader and her lover.

~

Seraphina didn't want to wake. She was happily lost in a dream about Elaya, as she had been all night, the two deep in the throes of passion, their energy never fading. It was glorious. But she could feel something pulling at her, telling her it wasn't real. Must she wake? She just wanted Elaya to herself. She wasn't ready to go.

The dream stirred and began to fade as the real Elaya pulled her from sleep, her lectures and kisses cutting through the Phoenixs tiredness. She suddenly let her breath out in a long sigh, her body unmoving and her eyes still closed. She could hear people turn and look, noting the sound coming from Sera, meaning she was finally waking.

"Your always cutest when your angry with me," she breathed, still unmoving in almost a comical way now, "If you don't plan to fuck me love, would you mind not straddling my hips? Your making it rather hard to think straight."

Elaya growled and kissed her lover again gripping her hair, the rather hard nails of her hand digging into the redhead's scalp a bit. The kiss began chaste and tender but became wildly passionate and hunger.

She then hissed. "i would fuck you anywhere, anytime, for all of time. And you know that. But you have to be present for that. I'm not moving until i see your eyes. I've missed them."

Her voice was an odd mix of savage growl and longing whine. She had missed her lover more than words could ever say.

"Seraphina..."

~

Gerry studied the Rythert for a long while, but snagged Tatia and drew her aside. "Tatia we have to talk. Mer exiles are not allowed to swim the seas, but they can swim the rivers. including the ones under the earth." he nodded toward Drea.

"Remember what happened to her's. She won't admit it, but it just made her stronger her. She absorbed the Congo, and now she runs across the entire length of Africa that was, even under the deserts. America always had more rivers, creeks, and such. With the Crush many sank but it created a network of waterways that a clever sea creature who doesn't have to have sea water could use to get from one end to another in moments."

The Rythert turned to their Princess. "The human is correct Tatia. We were separated in our stillness for some time until we felt you near a safe outlet for the hidden waters. We found each other as easily as usual, then we found you."

Drea sat across from them. "I don't understand what they mean, although i could and can be anywhere on my banks instantly, even multiple places at once. Now it's not so impressive, but it can be useful. And I can assure everyone there are hidden water ways under the earth."

Rey arched an eyebrow. "And you never thought to mention this?"

She shrugged. "There always have been such paths. Since Creation. There are just more now. I assumed you knew this. I know Elaya does." She looked over at Tatia. "Why are we discussing this?"

Gerry said nothing. He had been doing his job keeping an eye on things and knew perfectly well the vitals of merfolk.

Amitiel and Narxis said nothing. They had somehow gotten hold of Rhaeghal and Ebony and were playing slap fight with them, their speed delighting the kittens who kept pouncing for their hands, then mewing when one hand or the other would poke their sides or their paws, tug their tails. They were having a wonderful time, and the angel and demon looked like massive kids having the times of their lives.

A soft moan left her lips as Elaya's lips set upon them, heating them up even more. Then with a small groan she slowly opened her eyelids, blinking against the harsh light. Her chocolate brown eyes set onto Elaya's face and she lifted a weak hand, stroking the wolf's cheek with a smile.

"The temptation to take you up on that here and now is strong," she whispered, a mischievous gleam in her eye, "I dreamt of you since I fell unconscious, you know? The most delicious of dreams that never wanted to end. Just you and me, and a room, and plenty of toys."

Her thumb stroked Elaya's cheek as her fingers curled under her chin and pulled the wolf down for another warm kiss. Seraphina's body was only half her normal heat, meaning she still had a ways to heal. The phoenix knew why, but she wouldn't say. No one but Frenard, their late leader, had ever puzzled it out. It was a secret Sera wanted to tell her lover, but not the others. And she knew they were all listening, whether they would admit it or not.

"You taste warm," Sera hummed as their lips parted once more, "Either that means I am colder than you, and my love that is not a good sign and you must tell me. Or someone has been warming their lips for me, to try and wake me with delicious kisses, and I can tell you now I'm already addicted. Your warm soft lips are a drug."

~

Tatia's head swung back and forth between Drea and Gerry, listening. The more they spoke, the more she realized the danger lurking around them, and withholding information might no longer be safe. Sighing, she moved away from Gerry and back to Rythert, pressing herself between them for comfort as they moved their hands around her back in comfort.

"I have something I need to tell the group, but we cannot be overheard," Tatia started.

"That's alright," Lairia finally spoke up, lying with her head on Rey's lap, looking tired but otherwise healthy, "I have a protective barrier already surrounding us after yesterday's uninvited guests. And it prevents anyone from listening in. We are safe."

Tatia nodded looking up to the sky, "Drea, Elaya, and Seraphina already know. The rest of you should. I'm sure your all aware of the war down under that took place decades ago."

The angel and demon remained playing with the kittens but they nodded mutely, making it known they were listening, even if they were not paying attention. All others seemed to know what she was speaking about except Kai and Lairia who voiced their ignorance. So Tatia explained quickly the war that took place between siren and merfolk, and the many slaughters. How the entire royal family was killed within their homes, in an attempt for the merfolk to rise to power.

"How awful," Lairia looked concern but Tatia shook her head.

"Many of the royal family were cruel sirens, with plenty of merfolk slaves. That is why they rose against us. For millenia, sirens have enslaved the merfolk, holding them as inferior beings. Their has been a few revolutions through the years, some that failed and some that succeeded, but nothing like the war. Blood ran thick through the ocean. And the sirens who remained living raced for land, the only place left that can protect us. See, merfolk can't grow legs. They are trapped to one body, whereas sirens have two. They cannot get to us on land. Even with the rivers under the earth that Drea speaks of, these exiled mer's are still trapped to the rivers and the lakes."

"If they are exiled though, why are they after you?" Kai asked.

Her head rose, tilting her chin up to look at them all in the eye, "For the price on my head. any exiled merfolk could use me as a way to be pardoned, to rejoin their kind. It is the reason I have shown none of you my tail, or told you my story. I...am Princess Tatiana, heir to the throne of Atlantis and last living blood of the royal line."

The group fell silent, those words heavy handed as Tatia continued, "I am a threat to the merfolk still in the waters. Until I am dead, the war has not truly been won. I have been hunted since I was ten. It was why I ended in an orphanage, to hide me. And I was doing well, until the other night in the woods, when that beast tried to attack me. Gerry and Elaya saw my tail. I panicked, knowing most would turn me in. But they did not. And I will hope none of you will too. If you do, then I'm as good as dead."

She hugged Rythert closer to her, shivering at the thought, "I am sorry for keeping this a secret for so long. I'm telling you this now because I am being hunted worse than before, and it will put the group in danger. I am sorry."

Elaya smiled around the kiss. "i was =busy protecting Tatia. Who has brought new friends you need to meet. Also my love we should probably go handle what is likely about to become a very lively discussion. She just told the group at large who and what she truly is."

She kissed Sera again, not moving an inch, allowing the Phoenix to decide what was to be done. And she was enjoying the kisses. Her exertions had warmed her up nicely, and though Sera's chill worried her, she would not give any sign.

~

Drea held up a finger. "uhh one thing Tatia..before the other questions start I must tell you something about merfolk you apparently don't know. They can give up their tails, the sea and their souls and walk as humans. Only for short periods, three days the longest i have ever seen or heard of, but it is possible. Sea witches still offer that deal. Such a merfolken dies at the end of the period or upon returning to water of any kind though. It is rare but i have seen it happen."

The Rythert nodded. "As have we. The merfolken have used such creatures as suicide assassins."

This brought a chill over the group.

~

Elaya sighed. "You know what let's get some fire and go elsewhere to talk instead. i really don't have the patience for this. I've missed you.

Sera's bones ached. Her being ached. She really didn't want to play leader this morning, or today. She felt awful, like she had the flu. The only thing warming her was Elaya and she was reluctant to give her up.

"If we must," she sighed, her body shaking as she pushed to her elbows, feeling cold, "Oh Elaya, I don't feel well."

She gripped Elaya, hugging her as she shivered, listening to her words, "Y-yes please. I'd enjoy you alone...for a bit...too."

~

Tatia frowned, her brow knitting. She hadn't heard of it, but it annoyed her that they all felt the need to point out things she should know and didn't. She was trying to tell them she was a princess and now she hardly felt like one. There was so much she didn't know of the sea, of what was once her home and now barely felt so. She hadn't even known Rythert existed until last night. Still she held her tongue, knowing better than to announce such annoyance to the group. No one would understand. Instead she stood up and grabbed some breakfast, leaving Rythert for a minute as she stepped away to collect and calm herself. She stepped over towards the pool of water, slightly off from the group. Am I that cut off from the ocean that I know nothing?

Elaya grinned, caught Gerry's eye, winked, then stood, carrying Sera off.

This time she found a little hill that was enclosed by a thick grove of trees. They could see the group but not be seen. She started by setting a stump on fire and plopping her lover directly into the flames, then sat on her lap smiling happily. "How can i help? And no sex or getting naughty until you are back to yourself. Your brother warned me about letting you overdo things."

Her eyes flashed with intensity. Sera's life meant a lot more to her than any pleasure, and she was too worried to make love now anyway.

~

Drea started to follow Tatia, but the Rythert began to discuss a number of other sea and water myths, legends and tales, including supposed tales of what happened to merfolken who walked the earth without being so cursed and destroyed. The tales were very vague, and none agreed.

Gerry moved to Tatia's side and nudged her. "You do know what they are doing don't you? they are trying to make you not feel like a freak. You've been through a lot lately. This would be just another thing that would confuse Kai and likely Laria. They are trying to grasp it as well. I mean you just jumped rank to at least number three, maybe number two in raw inherited power. Rightful Princess of Atlantis. That's a lot to take in."

He nodded toward the Rythert. "You should stay close to them. Talk to them. Find out all the things you missed out on." he chuckled. "You have what ten years of sea events to catch up on?" He was trying to compliment and distract her. Poor Tatia took things so personally. She was so eager to be the victim. None of them saw her that way.

Ebony scrambled by, closely followed by Rhaeghal, while a pair of squirrels, one black one snow white, bounded along easily. Gerry started to say something else, then turned to follow the race. Ebony was the slower, but she was more agile, though her wounds still held her back. Still she gave a fine run, though Rhaeghal landed his prey first, the black squirrel swirling into Amitiel, while Ebony brought down the white which became Narxis. The kittens mewed, and pouted a little, then fell to licking the cheeks of their new friends.

Narxis walked up to Tatia and held out her kitten who mewed and snuggled into her jaw, then walked onto her shoulder, curling into her neck and purring. "Amitiel showed her and Rhaeghal how to perch and how to climb without clawing. They were both very taken with it."

Gerry laughed. "A fine bed."

He tickled the kitten who flicked her tail at his finger, refusing to be budged, then he looked at Tatia again. "On a serious note Tatia. We will be very careful, but the group is in no more danger now than we were before the arrival of your new friends. In fact judging by how that water is reacting to you i would say we are in less trouble now."

He gestured at the endless pool. The water had been clean, but now it was clear, startlingly so in fact, showing rocks that had to be some distance away, but looked to be mere inches beneath the surface. He arched an eyebrow. "I didn't know sirens could do that...or can you? Or is that just a Royal thing?"

Tatia turned as Gerry approached, guarding her emotions as she put on a calm facade, not wanting to stir up problems. But he saw through it, pointing out Rythert's distraction technique. It made her smile, seeing them try and ease a little of the tension off of her.

"My rank hasn't changed Gerry. It is a title, but I own no hold. Not anymore. I'm still an orphan girl. I'm still...me," she explained, looking away, "Their is no more siren throne to be heir too, so its simply a title."

"40," she corrected, looking back to him, "I don't look it, do I? Sirens can live up to a few centuries. Although now I'm not even sure of that."

She felt lost about her own self, staring at the two new lovers of hers and wondering how much they knew that she didn't. Her focus was only pulled when she caught sight of the kittens, turning in time to take Ebony who curled on her shoulder. It made her smile, but she also knew it was short lived.

"Give it a week and she'll be too big to do this," she laughed, trying to veer the topic off of her "look at Rhaegal, he's already grown an inch. These two will be beasts in no time."

Even as she spoke she looked over and shook her head, "No, that isn't me. That be Rythert. I saw them do it last night at the lake. I was taking a...nightly swim. They bathed me in those waters though, perhaps some of their power is just dripping off of me? Or they are close enough to influence? I don't know Gerry, but that's not my doing."

~

Sera was glad to get out of there, especially as she could hear problems arising with Tatia. She'd deal with it later. For now she was content as Elaya found a stump and set it ablaze, sitting the phoenix on it. Sighing contently, she pulled Elaya down into her lap, trying her best to suck in the flames so the wolf wouldn't burn or cook.

"No sex...until I'm back to full health," she faked a pout, looking as sad as she could, "What if sex is what brings me back baby?"

She was mostly joking, although she was sucking some of the heat out of Elaya through her kisses. She was sure she could take more if needed, but she didn't want to freeze her lover. Instead she simply drew from the fires and allowed the wolf to keep her heat.

"On a more serious note," she dropped the mischievous smile a little, taking Elaya around the waist and pulling her closer, "I did want to tell you something. But it's highly private, alright? Between only you and me."

Kissing her softly she continued, "I am...an irregularity. A unique phoenix, if you will. The other night, when I announced myself, I was serious about my title. I am born from the fires of hell, as all phoenixes are. But in order for us to come to earth we are also bound and born from a thing of fire and flame. Most are born from the fires of their parents. Phoenixes can bond their flames together, creating a euphoric sensation like no other. Or so I've been told. Jeziah says it feels better than sex, but I've never done it."

I can't, she wanted to say, I'd need a male to do it and I only want you Elaya.

"I won't get into the ritual of how we conceive or birth our kind," she laughed, "mostly due to it being complex. But I tell you this because I was not birthed from the flames of my parents. I actually came from a volcano, what was once the largest volcano in the world, centered on Hawaii. My mother had found me and they raised me as their own, but we have never met another Phoenix born without parents. My father used to joke about how I was the reincarnation of the very first Phoenix, while my mother would say I was simply a blessing of the gods, smiling down on our race."

She blushed, knowing both were immeasurable compliments from her parents, but neither were true. She held no divine destiny or power. Seraphina was still only a phoenix, "I'm not either of these my love, do not fret. The only thing I do not have in common with my race is my heat. I burn hotter than any other. I am, in my core, made of lava, not just flame. And for that, I can intake more heat than most, and unleash more power than any. I am not invincible, as you have seen though."

Her heart was racing just telling her all this. No one knew except her family. No other phoenixes, not even anyone in the group. Amitiel and Narxis knew she was hotter than most phoenixes, and they had guessed it had to due with why she had lived near a volcano for so many years, drawing on its temperature to raise her own. But she had never explained her true origins, or what lived in her core. This was for Elaya only, a beacon of her trust and love in this woman.

"I tell you all this, so you understand why I do not feel well now," she continued on, "taking our oxygen from us kills our fires. Even as my body has healed and feels fine, they stole most of my heat by simply suffocating my body. Black market hunters are known for carrying jars to harvest Phoenix ashes. When they kill us and we turn to ash, they put us in a jar. As long as our ashes are sealed in we cannot rebirth. We need oxygen to replenish our fires and grow once more. That is what those demons did to me my love. They would have reduced me to ash had you not broken through the glass. You saved my life, but my fire has waned. My core, the lava within me, is growing cold. It has been for some time now actually, the longer I am away. I have not fed from my fire in so long."

She felt bad for what she said next, hoping it did not hurt Elaya's feelings, "Most Phoenix's can feed off one another. When they find their mates, they can bond their flames, merge into them, as I explained. Ultimate euphoria, but more than that, it keeps them alive. Since my birth a millennia ago, the only thing keeping me alive has been my volcano and the fires I suck on, like a snack, rekindling me. I am no where near as powerful as I should be anymore. You have not seen me after I bath in my birth heat love. I feel like a god."

She kissed Elaya again rubbing her cheek, "Please do not feel bad that you can not give me heat to survive. I have had lovers who have tried and died, and I would never ask that of you. I tell you all this so you understand why I am cold still. It will take me days with the flames like these to fully recover. And even then, I will only recover to the Seraphina you know, not to my full strength. That I will not get again until I return to my volcano. And I will. After we get Lairia across, I will need to leave the group for a few weeks. I have to make the trip, or else I might grow too weak in the years to come. And I would hope...I'd hope you'd accompany me when I go. So I can show you where I'm from."

Gerry nodded at her words but poked Ebony. "Don't bet on her. She's a runt. She'll likely stay very small for a long time. Then she'll bulk up massively. But only if her mother takes proper care of her. As was not done for her."

He nodded at the pool. "That might not be your doing, but i suspect it is because of you sweet Tatia." He studied her then leaned in and kissed her cheek. "You rest a bit. I'll send the Rythert over." he smiled at her, then moved away. He was happy for her. Happier than any human words could say.

She had found a chance. A chance of love, peace, and happiness. She should cling to it. Not try to find ways it should fail. But that was her business. He was only going to be her friend. And maybe get Drea to ease up. He sat by the goddess and nudged her, then spoke to the Rythert. "She would like to speak to you."

The spirits were away and to Tatia's side instantly. they actually left white wakes behind them, the presence slowly returning to their bodies as they knelt by the water, humming happily at the sight. "Like home..." They touched it and a vision struck Tatia. A section of sea no one, no mermaid, no siren, no one had ever seen except the Rythert. It was simply a large hole in the floor of the ocean, a space where the currents of the Atlantic and Pacific now met, but the space was clean, clear, and somehow welcoming. There were no furnishings, but it called to the sea creature that Tatia so truly was. Her new lovers had been born there, lived there all their lives until they had felt called to her. It could be their home. her's and theirs. With but a word.

~

Elaya listened closely, studying her lover thoughtfully, taking her in, and idly running her hands over the redhead, including into and through her hair.

When Sera finished explaining Elaya leaned in and kissed Sera. Not a wild sexual thing, but lovingly gentle yet passionate. She held it for some time, telling Sera silently how much she loved her and welcomed the idea.

Then she drew back slightly cupping Sera's face and neck. "You won't be rid of me even my death my love. You are mine and nothing will take you from me. I would love to see the place of your birth. And would call it an honor...but i do have a question. What makes you assume I can't give you flame?"

She raised her head and her body shimmered. A wash of power began at her toes then burst through her, making her skin ripple for a moment into fur covered muscle, then returned to it's soft lush state, but her purple eyes had gone red. not blood red but fire red. She gulped and the sound of igniting flames struck them both as she opened her mouth and sweet purple tinged red fire washed over the Phoenix.

Elaya watched curious. The fire was nothing close to the heat Sera could produce, but it was hot, and immensely powerful.

Elaya spoke softly. "I am a were, so technically magical. but i am not a spell wolf or a moonchild thus not gifted in magical abilities. But I am a werewolf. The first and eldest of our kind. Pledged to the throne of the Most High to protect the weak and innocent. And given great gifts by Him. Or Her. Including a deep affiliation with the elements of this world. Which my love includes fire."

She grinned waiting for Sera's reaction. She could do a little more with fire, and had some interesting abilities with water, air, and earth. Metal, sand and some of the other lesser elements she could do some things with as well but not as impressive. only a few of these things were of any use in battle, and most had drawbacks that made their use foolish and reckless, but the production of her fire, her life fire she would not treasure. Especially if it meant what she suspected it meant.

Sera wanted to take in her fire, but as tempting as it was she resisted. With how weak she was, she could easily suck in her lover's flames and kill her. And Seraphina never wanted to even entertain that notion.

"I would love to mingle my fires with yours," she purred, her want growing even more for her wolf as she rocked her hips up a little, "But I cannot. Not until I am stronger, and will not hurt you. I do want you though Elaya. I want you terribly. But I cannot have you today, not until we find a new camp."

There was no doubt in her mind they would come back for the stone. The quicker they could move and get back on the road, the safer they would be.

"My love, we shouldn't linger much longer. May I ride your back again today? I can rest while we find better shelter."

~

Meanwhile Tatia pulled Rythert in on each side, watching the water. She calmed, starting to smile at the images they should her. She would love to visit, but she didn't want to leave her group either. That be unfair to them.

"One day," she promised, kissing each of them, "For now, tell me more about my...world."

And they did. Her knowledge wasn't as far off as she believed. They spoke loud enough too, for all to hear. Sirens were creatures of the sea and song. They had two forms, their humanoid one and their fish form. In both forms their voice held a power to control the will of men, although in her truest form it was much stronger. Her kind reached back to the time of Greeks, and were known to live for centuries. They were graceful creatures, with the ability to heal quicker than average but otherwise they were a lot alike their cousins, the merfolk. Rythert continued with stories of her home, of tales of the kings and queens of old in Atlantis. It fascinated her to listen to the stories of her bloodline, how some of the kings had been cruel, but many were also kind and fair. And all that time Rythert had been alive, watching and observing.

"Thank you," Tatia spoke softly as they ended another story, "You both show me such kindness. And patience as you teach me the ways of old and new I do not yet know."

Gerry, Drea, and the others listened carefully. The sirens were truly a powerful and important race. And so much more than all, except Drea had really suspected.

Drea began to weep at some point. She had known each monarch of Atlantis, and their families, and had even had the honor of welcoming their delegations into Egypt, and as a sign of respect to her and them to Mount Olympus and the other homes of gods.

She had walked the streets of Atlantis with her friends, marveling at it's beauty. Now she wondered if it were even a fraction of the great realm it had once been. She also remembered when the above sea city named for the realm had been lost to the tides. She had never gotten a clear answer whether that city had belonged to the sirens or had just been a tribute to them, though the architecture had been the same. And of course the cataclysm that had sunk it had been too much, and she had never met a survivor of that horrible day. Now she wondered.

But the Rythert were busy now. She could ask later.

She wiped her eyes watching how happy Tatia was and smiled.

~

Elaya studied her lover for a long moment. "Alright. But I don't believe for a moment you would or could actually hurt me. i don't think you are capable of it."

She kissed the redhead soundly, then scoffed at the request.

Elaya slithered between Sera's legs, in her enlarged wolf form, larger than a horse. She set an easy loping pace back to the group, but going the long way to enjoy having Sera atop her. Anytime Sera so much as shifted her grip Elaya growled though. If Sera fell Elaya would be furious at herself, and very upset at her lover. And hurt that Sera would risk their already limited time together in such a way.

Back
Top Bottom