Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Lairia wasn't ready for the carnage. Per his request she brought up her shield again, but it didn't hide the horrors happening around her, as her stomach knotted at the amount of blood. She felt sick, and she swallowed down bile, trying not to vomit at the torn about bodies, guts and flesh spewed everywhere. At one point she must have shut her eyes to it, unable to keep watching.

It wasn't fear of Reynault making her shudder. The fact Reynault was protecting her made her budding interest in the man grow. Lairia had never had a steel stomach for gore though, even if with her own powers she had killed plenty to protect herself. Once all the fighting died and the street grew quiet again she opened her eyes and saw Reynault, letting her shield down as she avoided looking around her just yet. As long as she didn't see all the carnage, her stomach couldn't get any more twisted. Her heart had only fluttered a little though, and her breath still came out calm, showing no other real signs that the bodies were bothering her.

When he spoke though she did look down, before quickly raising her eyes to meet his again, "You protected her. You and Elaya are close aren't you?"

It wasn't a jealous comment, simply an observation from the past few days as she slipped her hand in his, ready to leave. But Lairia knew leaving this behind would not bode well for the team's standing with the city. With a wave of her hand and some soft spoken Latin the mess began to peel away like dried paint, floating up and vanishing mid air until the street looked as if no fight took place.

"Let's get out of here. Anywhere is good Rey," she smiled, her stomach un-knotting now that it was over and dealt with, "Thank you for doing that."

~

Sera eyes rolled back as Elaya added to the pleasure, cooing softly, "Ooooh yessss."

Rey smiled. "Yes. Elaya and i are very close. But neither of us has the slightest interest in each other sexually. I'm too weak for her taste." He said this the same way she had made her observation. Pure fact.

He took her hand once the mess was cleaned up and lead her out of the alley. He then linked their arms as they walked down the street. He chatted with her about what they saw but said nothing of great note, though he did try to convince her to try some samples of exotic wines as they passed the stalls of merchants.

This lasted for some while, then he turned her into an opening of a large tent, and they were suddenly surrounded by music. He smiled and pointed at a small square of people dancing. "Do you dance?"

The music was wild, free, and unplaceable, but it had a fine rhythm and an undeniable draw to it.

~

Elaya screamed as her body tensed, her hands clenching tighter on Sera's body, a tidal wave of pleasure crashing over her form."SERAPHINA!!!"

The small talk was well enjoyed, as was the wine tastings. By the time they stopped outside the tent Lairia was feeling rather tipsy, and she was leaning on Reynault's arm lightly, her head on his shoulder until they paused. Lifting her head she looked over and smiled at the people dancing before shrugging.

"I haven't danced in many years, but it looks fun," she watched the crowd of people swaying and moving to the beat and couldn't help but feel drawn, "Would you like to dance?"

~

Sera tensed in response, her own orgasm twinning with Elaya, "Oh god baby. Scream for me...fuck Elaya your voice is gorgeous."

Rey smirked and drew her in, then twirled her, leading her into a quick and highly sexual salsa dance, the music shifting to match their movements. He kept them close, his flawless grace allowing him to keep their faces nearly touching, their legs and hips nearly intertwined as he moved them about the floor.

~

Elaya could not, drawing out one word. "SERAPHINA!!!!" She began to shudder beneath the redhead.

She hadn't danced in years, and yet Reynault made it feel like she'd known all her life. His moves were graceful and flawless, twirling and spinning her, moving with the rhythm as his arms kept her close. Her blush never faded, her cheeks remaining warm and pink throughout, her brain all too aware of how close her face was from his, or how nice it felt to have his arm around her waist.

~

Sera hummed in response, loving the reaction, "Oh I want to here you beg louder."

She didn't care if it sapped her energy for the next 24 hours. She just wanted to please her goddess. Fire flickered to life on her fingertips before engulfing her fingers. Without a pause in her bouncing, keeping that dildo thrusting in and out of her while getting pleasure by vibrations in every which way, Sera reached down with her hot fingers and pulled at the panties before plunging two into Elaya, then pulling back and thrusting them in again. With each bounce of her hips on the strap on she plunged her fingers in and out of Elaya, creating an all too pleasurable rhythm while the wolf made sure they felt every vibration against their clits, driving them both wild. Seconds after Sera started fingering her lover she came again, screaming to the heavens. Her screams became pants as she caught her breath, sucking in air.

"I want you to orgasm over and over," she groaned when she finally got her breath back, "Oh god Elaya, scream my name with every orgasm, till you force me to stop. I love that voice of yours."

It was like music to her ears, hearing her girlfriend scream her name over and over, as Sera plunged her fingers in and out, fire licking them and Elaya's inner walls, teasing and adding to the pleasure.

Reynault 's smile only grew as he sensed her pleasure, and he kept her close, moving their bodies with the music until the song ended in a crescendo and he dipped across his body, his face still so close.

The crowd about them cheered and he smiled wider, then helped her stand and took her to a small bar where she was served water. He nodded at this and reached up straightening a loose strand of her hair then tucking it behind her ear. "Drink dear lady. I would see you dance again. You move quite well."

His eyes were bright and inviting, yet without even the slightest bit of danger or glamor. He had no interest in her blood. Now he wanted her.

~

Elaya was still in the throes of her orgasm when Sera began her new ploy, and the poor wolf could not even speak.

She had to close her head as her entire body tensed so hard that it bowed, raising her and Sera off the chaise until both of their weight was balanced on Elaya's pointed toes and the crown of her head. Through it all Elasya did not speak. But she did howl.

Loud, long, and so powerful it actually added to the pleasure and the magic providing it. It seemed just noise, so eerily inhuman, the cry of the warrior wolf, but there was a name in it. Seraphina. Over and over and over and over.

Every were for miles heard it and gulped. A queen of their kind had chosen a mate. A companion worthy of such a cry. And there were those who knew the voice as well and they shuddered. Were and non were alike fled the city in droves even as the sound carried over it. None wanted to deal with the Blood-Fur. And who knew where the unbroken-claws were.

Elaya could smell the fear. A true predator she took it in and smiled deep within herself, allowing the adrenaline of ti to help her retake control.

She snarled and snapped down, her hands snatching up and gripping Sera's hair. She yanked the phoenix back and smashed their lips together, sucking away the redhead's air and fire, her hands keeping the phoenix locked in her grip as she threw them both up, landing on her feet, making Sera shift forward, falling even more fully onto the dildo, then turned and dropped them both facefirst onto the chaise, also knocking Sera's hands away from Elaya's sex.

She slapped the thing with a free hand, still kissing her girlfriend, and twin lines wrapped Sera's ankles and pulling them together and straight down while Elaya drove the dildo straight down into her mercilessly. The other hand still gripped her lover's hair, holding her in place as she kissed her.

Her free hand then snatched up and yanked Sera's wrists up and similar lines grew and did the same to her wrists, binding them and drawing them straight up. Only then did Elaya release her kiss or the redhead's hair. She did not stop pounding into Sera's body though. She spoke in the language of her kind, growls and snarls. "I said no more fire Seraphina. And I meant it. Now you must be punished."

She kissed the redhead rather forcefully, then pushed her head down into the chaise, and shifted, bringing her knees up and planting them beside Sera's hips, then pressing her hands down onto Sera's shoulders. Taking this new stance she paused the pounding for a moment as the strapon and the other magics shifted to accommodate. the angle changed, and the vibrating pads grew more intense and wider. Elaya kept her own hips pressed tight against Sera's pert ass, and hissed a menacing growl. "Enjoy my love." And began to drive into the redhead with rapid driving thrusts, giving over to her nature, allowing it make the speed superhuman.

As she did the dildo began to pulse within them both, vibrating but also swelling, pressing against every nerve ending in their separate sexes, while the buds on their inner high points grew stronger and were no so intense that Elaya was in a perpetual state of orgasm, which was only lengthening and strengthening as she went on.

She threw her head back and howled again, again the sound filled with the name of her lover. Her human mouth could no longer form words. She was beyond that. Her nature was abounding as she howled and pleasured her lover. They would both be utterly exhausted after this, and Sera was now permanently marked as Elaya's, in numerous ways, and this knowledge only drove the wolf on.

The song ended, much to her disappointment, but no sooner had the lovely song ended that a new one picked up while Rey nudged her off the dance floor. They found the bar, and Lairia grinned, the night life making her body buzz with excitement.

I've never danced like that," she smiled, wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead as she greedily gulped down the water. She hadn't expected to be dancing tonight, having worn sandals and her usual floor length white tunic dress with its simple belt. It was good and light for travelling, but now she felt a tad warm and undressed compared to the bright summery colors other wore around them. Lairia glanced at the dress, thinking to herself before smiling. Finishing her water she turned to speak but lost her words, caught in his gaze as he pushed her hair behind her ear.

"I..." her voice faded for a moment, staring into those eyes before she regained herself, "Would you mind if I changed into something a little more appropriate for our activity?"

She rose her hand to her shoulder and then dropped it to her hip and just like that her dress turned a lovely shade of baby blue. Where her belt had once been now the dress simply clinched together with two small cutouts on either side, showing off her fair skin.

"How do I look?" she grinned, the color definitely complimenting her.

~

Sera hadn't been expecting such a display. It made her heart swell, her mind forgetting the love making for a minute as she took in her lover's howls. But that had left her unguarded and suddenly she was being moved and then tied, now at the mercy of Elaya as she laughed.

"Do your worst," she giggled, and oh did Elaya ever punish her. Sera let out a shrill scream as her first orgasm overtook her so roughly she felt she would burst, and then again and again. The pleasure was too much for her body to handle, and she was thrown into endless orgasms, barely able to breath. All too soon she was crying out for it to end, that Elaya had won in her punishments.

"If I orgasm one more time my heart might stopped," she gasped, gulping in air, "Dear Elaya you are too perfect."

Rey smiled as she changed. "Magnificent."

He took her hand again and lead her back onto the floor as another song began. This one was less rarely sexual and three singers stood and began to call out commands.

The dancers were many, filling the floor, and move in and around one another with remarkable grace, though none more so than Reynault. His movements were flawless and effortless, and though him so were Laria's. He did not control her body with his own, nor through their mental link, but instead touched her body feeding her both his own boundless energy and his knowledge. Though only one step at a time. He took back the knowledge when a step was finished, but she always knew the next.

The song began to get bawdy, and teenage girls and ladies of all ages giggled and flashed their skirts, or twirled making them fan out wide, while the boys and men began to show off. Reynault did not. Instead he kept himself and Laria moving in an around as the couples began to peel off, a boy and girl here, a girl and girl there, two men here, and so on until only the vampire and sorceress were left while the energized crowd clapped in time with the music.

Reynault froze and hissed at Laria and everyone nearly flinched, then he snapped her into a solo version of the dance, twirling and whirling her, his feet even pounding out rapid single steps as he moved with and about his eyes never leaving hers, his shirt open to reveal his trim but powerful chest.

The singers called out the verse, now regarding a farmer's daughter and her many conquests of the local boys. She began with the smith's son who was broad and strong but much too quick to burn. The crowd laughed at the jest, then roared as Rey whirled in place, faced away from Laria toward the singers, mimed sexual thrusting then suddenly shuddered and covered his face as he began to spin place.

The song went on, the crowd whooping up his performance.

The farmer's daughter next had a go with the miller's son. A fine handsome lad, who kissed sweet as wine and brought her gifts so fine, but it seemed could not measure up when it was time. Again the crowd laughed at the verse, then howled with laughter at Rey.

This time he did use Laria but more as a prop. He spun her about in a whirl, one hand up spinning her again and again, his eyes wild with lust, licking his lips as he reached toward his groin, then gasped and kept spinning her when he mimed a small find where he had searched.

The crowd was eating it up as the next verse began. Now the farmer's daughter set her sights on the mayor's son. Fine and noble, handsome and fair, and quite the package was found there; but he was whiny and useless and never took a dare, and most importantly. He had better hair.

The crowd howled at this, clapping and whooping, then began to fall out laughing at Rey. He had been polishing his nails and miming boredom as he spun Laria about him, even checking his reflection in a fake mirror, then suddenly he had let her hand brush his hair and feigned terror.

The singers were crying with laughter but they kept on the song which informed everyone that the farmer's daughter had nearly given up hope by now. The rest of the men her age in the village were much the same, or not worth her time and she despaired. Until one day to the village came a new reverend. Old and seasoned. But married. With a son.

The crowd oohed at this.

The farmer's daughter had flirted. She had winked. She had sung. She had danced. But naught would turn the head of this holy boy, who was tall as the steeple of the church, broad as the main road, strong as an ox, and handsome as sunset, but he would not be swayed by the beautiful farmer's daughter. She grew perplexed. Then angry. Then swore she would have him come hell or high tide.

The crowd continued to clap Rey now ringing the floor with Laria in his arms, high stepping to the tune, though his nose was in the air.

Suddenly he flung her away and knelt in the center of the floor as the song just as suddenly cut off. The singers had made a guess and Rey had not disappointed. He spoke in a perfect Irish accent. "Father Most High. Let me live or let me die. I know not your intent, but we from Dublin town we went. Now help me please i pray, to stay strong for just one more day. That farmer's daughter she does tempt me so, but whether she be meant for me I do not know. Help me Father this I beg. Oh and help my mother find the eggs."

The crowd laughed and the music started again as the crowd shoved Laria toward him, and the singers informed them that the girl had overhead the prayer, and feeling frisky had chanced a great dare. Laria could not help going toward the vampire, but the girl had flung herself upon the parson's lad, unmindful of either's dad. Rey's eyes opened as she neared and gripped her waist, as the song jeered. Rey raised her over his head and stood, holding her easily as the song told of how the girl used not her body but food.

Then the girl, once he was tuckered and satisfied, upon his bed she lied. She called him over and with little trouble, found what her heart yearned but double. Rey lowered Laria until their faces were a mere inch apart, though she still held aloft, then he let her come lower and kissed her, soft but so very powerfully passionate. The song paused, then began to recite the new couple's children, of which there must have been a dozen at least, but Rey had stopped performing. He did lower Laria to her feet, but he held her and the kiss.

He had not known how but this was the moment.

~

Elaya's howls did not stop even when Sera begged her to stop.

She plunged fully into her lower one last time and let out a long series of the sounds, then lunged forward and clamped her death upon Sera's neck. She growled, and there was no kind note, no sexual fervor in the sound itself, but the meaning held all that and more. She bit a touch harder then withdrew, pulling entirely free of her lover before panting and flopping onto her back beside the redhead, her chest heaving from her exertions.

"I am glad you like it my love. But no fire until you are all healed." She leaned over and kissed Sera's shoulder. "Promise?"

The dance was perfect. She laughed along with the crowd, swept up by his feet and his movements, enjoying every second she saw his impressive moves and humorous miming. But nothing could have compared to when he swept her up, her eyes widening as she realized what was about to happen. And then it happened. His lips touched hers, soft at first and then pressing more firmly. It was as if the noise around her died off, everything else faded around her at the touch of his lips, the spark electrifying.

She leaned into it as her hands pulled up and slide along his neck to the back of his head, her fingers running through his hair. Her breath hitched and her heart skipped, her thoughts blanking as everything became one single focus: his kiss.

She hadn't felt anything for anyone in so long, that it almost felt surreal. Too good to be true. A smile started on her lips even as she kissed him, overwhelmed with butterflies in her stomach.

She wanted this.

~

Sera squealed as Elaya's teeth clamped down on her neck. But it felt good...so good. And she knew what it meant, making her grin madly. Finally the love making ended as Sera collasped, trying to catch her breath.

"I promise Elaya. I'm sorry I just...I had to."

She let herself catch her breath then rolled into her lover, snuggling up to her and kissing her neck fondly.

"I...I love you Elaya," she whispered, letting her eyes closed as her heart stuttered.

Reynault held the kiss forever.

Well not forever but for a good long while. The crowd did not move, did not speak, did not so much as breath as they watched the new couple kiss.

It was clear the kiss meant something.

Rey held and deepened it, keeping Laria tight and close to him until he had to look into her face. Only then did he break the kiss, gently cupping her cheek to look into eyes. And only then did the crowd react, beginning to applaud.

Rey heard none of it as he smiled and drew her off the flower into an alcove which closed behind them. Still cupping her face he smiled and gently drew her in closer pressing his lips against her's once again.

~

Elaya smiled and wrapped her arms around her lover. "Thank you Seraphina. And i love you too."

She reached up and tilted Sera's face up to her own and kissed the redhead tender and loving. "I adore you in fact. I want to be with you for a long long time alright?"

Lairia could have held on to that kiss for hours, his arms woven tightly around her, her chest flushed and pressing to his as their kiss deepened. When he did finally pull back she let her eyes flutter open to stare into his, her bright blue's into his soft red's. Only then did she hear the applause and it made her cheeks pink up again, as she bite her lip but never broke eye contact. Instead she leaned into his hand cupping her cheek, giving him a soft smile.

Without words she followed him off the dance floor, letting him lead her into an enclosed alcove where they were alone. With the door shut he pulled her in again as her stomach fluttered and her heart raced, his lips once more pressing into hers. She let her hands find their way to the back of his neck again, running through his hair as she deepened the kiss, her soft lips pressing firmly into his, her body leaning into his arms. Nothing is better than this, she mused, A perfect end to a perfect day.

~

Sera kissed her back tenderly, then let out a soft giggle, "A long time in my books can span many lifetimes Elaya. And I would look forward to each one with you."

Rey held this second kiss for a long while too, then he gently broke it as he sat upon a loveseat, drawing her down, forcing her to sit on his lap. He would go no further than she was ready to go, but he would have all of her he could as well.

Holding her close, his deceptively powerful body tight against her form, her cupped her cheek again and lightly ran his thumb over her brow, along her nose and beneath her eye, then along her cheek to pass over her lips, softly caressing each one.

He spoke very softly. "I will not pretend you are the first beautiful woman I have known. But you are truly a wonder among beautiful women. And you taste and smell so...wonderful. I would have more if I may."

~

Elaya giggled as well. "Good. I want all of them." She drew Sera in closer holding this kiss for some time. it had a spark of her desire but she held this at bay, preferring just to love her lover with her lips. She also drew a light cover over them both. They were both very warm and she cared little for modesty, but the cover wrapped about them both, increasing the warmth, giving Sera some 'fire' in this way, and forcing the two to cuddle close. Elaya smiled happily, quite pleased with the effect.

She took her seat on his lap, one leg bent over the other in a classy and elegant way. The alcohol was almost burnt out of her system, leaving a happy and nervous Lairia in its wake. She felt a bit brazen sitting on his lap but she said nothing, enjoying the attention she was recieving from the handsome man.

As he asked his question her cheeks turned a hotter shade of pink at his compliments. She worried though; was he asking for another kiss? Something more? She wouldn't call herself a prude but Lairia was never one to give her body to any man who wooed her in a night. She had been raised to hold herself with a certain level of esteem, wanting men to court her over time, and not expect something the first night they got a couple drinks in her. She wanted their respect, as well as their affections. Reynault was interesting in that manner. She had seen him at the last bar before they took her on as a client. He'd been working some kind of magic on a girl, lulling her into a false sense of security. A flare of panic rose in her then died. He wasn't glamoring her. If he was, Lairia would be unable to resist the temptations before her. She'd be kissing and touching him without resolve. But instead she was thinking over his question rationally; logically. Definitely not glamored. And that made her feel safer around him.

"More?" She ended up asking, "it depends what you are asking for Rey."

~

Sera curled up with her lover, snuggling her as their half naked bodies intertwined. The thin cover was pulled up and draped over them, beckoning Sera to grow comfier. But she worried, if she grew too comfy she might fall asleep. And she would rather take the bed back in the inn where she could undress fully and sleep with her Elaya, then the lounger.

"We should leave soon," she mused, trailing kisses down Elayas neck, "you have exhausted me my dear Elaya and I fear I'll fall asleep here. Much rather our room than a roof, yes?"

"Five more minutes," she purred afterwards, clinging to her lover as she continued to kiss her fair skin, not yet ready to leave the wolf's side and dress.

Rey smiled, sensing her deeper meaning and gently cupped her cheek. "i mean i would have your lips if you will allow me to drink of them. And i would have more of your time if you can spare it. You intrigue and fascinate me Laria, sorceress."

He leaned in and gently kissed her. "I am asking if I may court you."

~

Elaya smiled and squeezed her lover closer. "Then it is time for my surprise my darling. This one a gift technically from the elf though he didn't make it."

She checked the area and brought their clothing up onto the lounger, then held up a small clear crystal. She smiled and let it's tip scratch Sera's shoulder, letting her feel the powerful magic. "It's a transport spell stone. It''s no good unless a soul is killed within it's presence. Thanks to you it's packed. It was meant just to be a way for us to sneak away when we need to. But with this many souls we can do other things. Such as go back to our room. Shall we my love?"

Lairia dazzled him with a smile then, his words invoking another stutter from her heart. In just a few words he had eased her worries and made her feel special.

"You may," her voice purred like silk as she leaned towards him and this time she kissed him, pressing her soft lips to his and breathing him in. The music still played softly in the background, but no one could interrupt them where they were.

~

"Oooh," her eyes widened at the stone glowing with power. The idea of transporting in a blink of an eye freaked Sera out a little; she had never used transportation magic before and the phoenix was used to relying on her own powers over that of anothers. Still, if Elaya trusted it, so would she.

"Sweep me away to our room," she purred, wrapping her arms and legs tightly against Elaya and kissing her lovingly, waiting for the stone to work.

Rey smiled into the kiss, and drew it out for some time, then pulled back. "All well and good then my dear. But now I must escort you to a garden. i owe you a flower."

He smirked. "Or...." he flicked his hand and a rose appeared in his hand. It's petals were snow white, save the tips which were a soft yet bright pink. It had no thorns, and he gently ran the silken petal tips along her cheek. "Would you accept this flower as a sign of my intent?"

~

Elaya giggled and cuddled closer to her lover squeezing her in then closed her eyes and activated the spell.

With a thunder without noise, they found themselves in their room, in bed, still wrapped about each other. Ekaya smiled then licked her lips. "Mmmm...nothing better than having you in bed." She kissed the Phoenix softly yet hungrily, needing more of her lover.

The flower was beautiful, stunning even as it appeared in his hand. It felt soft against her cheek and Lairia felt like she'd never stop smiling around him again. Plucking the flower from his hand she sniffed it then leaned forward and kissed his cheek, pulling back only so that he could look into her clear blue eyes.

"Of course I will accept this. It's beautiful."

~

When Seraphina's eyes opened again they were back in the inn, specifically their bed. Her body melted into the covers, still wrapped in Elaya's embrace even while sleep tugged at her. But the wolf's hunger was not yet sated and Sera fluttered her eyes open again, kissing her back with equal ferocity, not wanting to disappoint.

He smiled and leaned in kissing her softly. "Then my dear. I request more of your time to dance. i do believe I hear a waltz coming on."

He stood putting her down on her feet and lead her out onto the floor again, taking her by the waist and hand and moving smoothly into the easy yet romantic whirling dance.

His eyes gleamed bright and happy as he watched her face, smiling. "Have I mentioned that you are extraordinarily beautiful?"

~

Elaya broke the kiss and cupped Sera's face smiling. "Now we are going to sleep my love. And you will not wriggle or slither away. I demand to have as much of you as I possibly can."

She kissed the redhead tenderly, then rolled back pulling Seraphina on top of her. "I need much cuddling tonight. A certain Seraphina has tuckered me out." She squeezed the Phoenix tighter, kissing her again, then lay back stroking the red hair while she gazed into Sera's eyes, utterly lost in their depths.

Lairia kissed him back, rather happy with how her night was turning out. She had gotten to see the city's treasures, had dinner, danced, and now she was sitting and kissing a handsome man with a flower in her hand.

"I would love to dance," she purred, her eyes brightening as they both stood and she let him lead. They returned to the dance floor and once more her movements followed his, letting him dance them around fluidly as they waltz, the song slow and romantic. Her blush had been dying down until he complimented her. Then it rushed back, her pinks pink and hot as her brain searched for something to say.

"No," she finally got out, her voice soft and breathless, "You haven't. But...I'm very glad you did."

~

"I'd never wriggle away," Sera laughed, rolling on top of the wolf and kissing her bare chest, up her neck and to her lips, "I am much more comfortable sleeping wrapped up in you than anything else my wolf."

Her eyes caught Elaya's gaze and she lay there watching, memorizing every detail of her face as she started to fall asleep.

Rey smiled still swirling and whirling her about the floor. He stayed close, his hands cradling her hand and waist, but also stealing up to cup her face and kiss her as the songs changed and the dance flowed on and on, well into the night.

~

Elaya's eyes glowed as she looked up at her lover and smiled. "Then you have matched me darling flame." She leaned up and kissed between the redhead's eyes. "I've never slept better than when you hold me Seraphina."

She giggled softly then pulled Sera closer and sighed laying back as sleep stole over her.

It was well into the night when Lairia and Rey finally did find their way back to the inn, much after all the taps had run dry of beer, and all the patrons had gone to bed, including the rest of the group. It made it easy for them to sneak in without wondering eyes, and step upstairs towards their respective rooms. Lairia stopped outside hers, a small orb of light dancing just above her palm to illuminate the hall as she turned to face Reynault.

"Thank you for very lovely day," she whispered, stepping up so that she could cup his cheek with the scar in one of her soft hands, the other still containing the orb, "And the even lovelier night. I quite enjoyed my time with you Reynault. And the gift."

She lifted her hand from his cheek to touch the beautiful rose in her hair, its stem woven into the golden chain around her head. Then she returned it, letting her thumb stroke the cross shaped scar as a smile grew on her pink lips.

"I cannot deny how handsome you are," she continued in a whisper, "Even your scars...they just add to the reasons you entrance me Reynault."

She leaned up, standing on her tip toes to press her lips to his one last time, her voice now a breathless sigh against his skin as she pulled away enough to speak, "Until tomorrow Rey. Sleep well."

He gently fold a hand about her neck as she drew away from the night's last kiss. "And you my dear have the sweetest of sweet dreams. And have this."

His other hand came up with a simple and very plain golden ring. He slid this onto the pinky of her right hand. "This means nothing. But it is a marker for trouble. I have not and will not glamor you, so our mental connection only works when we are close. This allows you to alert me should you need aid. You will also be able to contact the rest of the group should you need to."

He smiled and let his fingers move up the back of her skull into her hair as he gazed into her eyes then he sighed. "Alright off with you. I pledged to be a gentleman. But I will admit it is difficult. you are so very beautiful." He drew his hand down to the curve of her chin, not blinking. He didn't want her to go, but he had not earned a place in her bed yet.

But he would. By all the powers he would. And more if he could. He had never met a woman who so inflamed him.

~

Downstairs, Drea had carted the siren and the angels off to bed, then gone to her own rest. Gerry was still up, playing a game of Liar's Dice with some fellow mercs. He had felt it when the werewolf and the phoenix return, and was the only one who had seen Reynault return holding Laria's hand.

He rolled his eyes at all this and grumbled. "This journey is turning into a pleasure cruise." This annoyance had lead to his need to play. He didn't really mind but all the sex did slow things down. And his neck itched. Like it always did when there was trouble coming.

So he played dice. His stony face made his rare bluffs impossible to catch, and his cold narrow perceptions allowed him to catch his opponents every time. By the end of three rounds he had collected 200 gold pieces in pure profit, and the game was only beginning. He smiled at this thought, wondering what he would do with the money. Maybe give it to the siren? She and Kai were the only ones who really needed the money. But they would never take it.

He smirked. So give it to them in a way they don't know they have it. He nodded and the game went on as he settled onto his plan.

Her eyes traveled from his face to the gift, letting him put it on her pinky before raising it to the light orb hover near their heads. It was a plain golden ring but she could feel a soft power buzzing from it, the warlock in her sensing what it contained.

"This is very thoughtful of you Rey," she whispered, smiling up to him, her blue eyes almost glowing in the small light, "Thank you."

He ushered her off to bed then, and she opened her door then looked back at him, "You are very much a gentleman Reynault. I will see you in the morning."

Stepping inside, she closed the door softly and leaned against it, letting out a long sigh. It almost felt unreal. How had her night turned out so perfectly? And what did it mean for tomorrow? She moved from the door to change and ready herself for bed, pulling a silk nightgown from thin air and letting the dress fall to the floor before redressing in her night wear. All the while she thought over what might happen. She was no fool, she hadn't won over everyone in the group yet. And Tatia, Lairia was suspecting the girl had a crush on the vampire. Would it upset their budding friendship if Tatia saw the sorceress with the vampire? What if he plays cool while the group is around? Would he do that? She could understand the logic - to not upset or hurt anyone's feelings, but in a way it was flawed. Because it would bother Lairia, after the wonderful night they had, to act as if nothing was growing between them.

There was no way of knowing what would happen until morning, so with those thoughts troubling her mind she crawled into bed, trying to think of something happier as she started to drift asleep. Her eyes focused on the white rose in its small glass vase on her nightstand, her trophy from the night they had had. Her thoughts turned to their dancing, to the first dance and how surprising but welcome that kiss had been. To how many more dances and kisses he had stolen that night, all of them treasured inside her mind. It had been a lovely evening, and she hoped there would be many more.

~

Come morning, most of the team seemed ready and eager to hit the road. Lairia had slept in, and by the time she had finished bathing, she had heard at least a few familiar voices in the hall as they passed to step downstairs for breakfast. She did her hair into a french braid that wove from the right side of her head back and into a messy bun. Then she wove the rose into the bun, having it sticking out for all eyes to see. Doning on most of her new jewelry so that her neck held multiple necklaces, as did her wrists and fingers, she smiled at the beauty reflected in the mirror. Not wanting to overdo it, she left the golden chain she loved around her head off, tucking it away in the purse sitting on the bed before choosing a dress. Lairia loved wearing dresses over all else. And with her powers she could, not needing armor when she could enchant her clothing. After last night she wasn't interested in her normal greek styled white dress she had used for travelling the past week. Instead she chose a high collared pale pink dress, with no back to show off a little extra of her soft skin. Finding her sandals she loved and had been wearing since they left the last city, she checked herself one last time before heading out.

Downstairs she found a table already set with most of the group sitting around it eating. Tatia was there next to Amitiel and Narxis, chatting and eating away, looking much happier than she had two days prior. Sera and Elaya were at the table also, oozing happiness as Sera remained all smiles, eating her food and leaning into her lover, kissing her cheek or offering her a bite from her plate. It was obvious in the single day they had had in the city something had changed for the better in their relationship, and the two had gotten closer. She couldn't see the whole table from the staircase as she descended, so she focused on not tripping, weaving through the crowd and hoping Reynault might also be awake and downstairs. The butterflies grew in her stomach thinking of him and the night they had had, wondering how he would act towards her with the group around now.

"Good morning everyone," she chirped as she arrived at the table, her eyes scanning for him.

A chorus of morning greetings came to her ears, but one voice was missing.

Gerry nudged Tatia and got her attention on something else. They were not planning on hiding Laria and the vampire from her, but for now they were be careful to protect the siren from the more overt signs of Reynault's affections for the sorceress.

Such as he slipped up behind her, gently placing his hands just within her backless dress and squeezing her middle as he kissed her neck. It was gentle, quick and chaste in that it showed no carnal knowledge nor a push toward anything deeper, but it also informed her just how much he desired her and her attentions. And the gentle moan as he kissed her skin told her even more.

He then moved up beside her and drew out her chair, smiling warmly as he spoke his voice pure golden richness. "Good morning Laria." He dropped a soft accent on her name, rolling the r as if he was savoring the taste on his tongue. He took her hand and drew her down into the chair, then easily pushed her into the table, careful that she only be close enough to eat not be pressed against it.

Duldrea giggled seeing this display and winked at Laria as she lay a large platter of sliced fruit before the sorceress.

Gerry had released Tatia's attention by now, curious whether she would would notice or care that the vampire had joined them.

For his part Rey did ignore Tatia. He knew it would seem rude and somewhat heartless, but while he didn't want to hurt her, he also wouldn't allow things to turn into a competition, or a cruel victory for her. And it was easy. He was focused on Laria now. He sat beside her, with Gerry and the angel and demon between himself and Tatia, but his back to her so he could watch the sorceress eat, which he found fascinating.

Elaya saw everything of course, though she had smelled the couple return and could smell it when Laria had awoken smelling of the vampire, and Rey was simply covered in the client's scent. This and other signs had told her everything, and this little morning display only confirmed it. She hoped it went well, but she truly couldn't summon up any real concern. She had her Seraphina and that was all that mattered to her.

She nuzzled into the Phoenix, returning and stealing kisses, eating the food offered and pressing more into the redhead's lips, even doing so with her own lips and tongue several times. When the vampire finally sat down she had shifted back slightly and was laying over Sera's back, her jaw on Sera's right shoulder, her cheek pressed against the red hair and neck of her lover, while her left arm was wrapped about Sera's middle, idly stroking the smooth flesh of the woman's tummy, the right was flicking through grapes trying to find suitable ones to eat or feed to her darling Seraphina.

Gerry noted the shift and smirked. "Are you two planning on getting permanently fused together?"

Elaya sighed. "It would be heavenly but no. She wouldn't be able to shift correctly and my transformation would hurt her."

Gerry rolled his eyes. "You are such a dork."

She giggled. "Yep." She nuzzled into Sera's neck her eyes shining at her friend. "But I'm happy."

He laughed and raised his glass in a silent toast of support and understanding then sipped his water.

Drea sighed happily. "I think you two are so sweet. And make a marvelous couple. My only question is this. Elaya is your hair getting lighter?"

Elaya blinked at the question, entirely not expecting it, then brought a lock of her hair forward. It was still jet black, but it did catch the light in an odd way. She cocked her eyebrows then turned her head and nipped Sera's right ear. "You're burning my hair golden you lovely thing!"

Gerry arched an eyebrow. "How can it be her fault?"

Elaya sniffed. "You are assuming I wouldn't take out my need to give her affection whether it's her fault or not."

Narxis and Amitiel snickered at that, but fell silent at her look.

"But it is her fault because my hair is never this glossy, even after being treated. The only explanation is that a certain Phoenix is having extra affects on me." She cupped Sera's face and kissed her softly. "Thank you darling. i love it."

Gerry grunted. "I don't really see a difference."

Elaya sighed as she was now gazing into Sera's eyes and fiddling with the redhead's hair, using another excuse to touch her lover. "That's because you are male."

Rey cocked his head at this. "hey now. I saw it but chose not to comment."

Elaya sniffed. "You don't count. You are a gentlemen." she grinned but only let Sera see it as Gerry glowered and began to grumble.

Drea was laughing at this interplay. She loved it when everyone joked and got along and picked on one another. Meant everyone was happy.

Gerry pointed at Kai. "Do you see any difference to the werewolf's hair fur?"

Elaya finally looked away from Sera at the shifter and smiled, though it looked very sharp and fangy rather than sweet and winning. "Yes Malakai. Do you note any problems with my hair?" She loved to pick on him and hadn't done so in some time. She called him the baby shifter, and also taunted him that she could transform faster than he could. She also knew he had a crush on her.

Lairia jumped, but only slightly, when Rey's hands touched her. But then an easy smile pulled at her face and she tried to turn, wanting to steal a kiss. Instead she sat down in the chair he offered and gave him a mock pout for a second before grinning again at the offer of food.

"Thank you Duldrea," she nodded, "This looks delicious."

While she set to eating beside Rey her hand crept into his, just holding it softly. Meanwhile Sera and Elaya were being adorably cute, sharing food and cuddling at the table. Lairia listened with a smile at the comments being tossed around her eyes continuously looking back to Rey to see his reactions.

~

Sera had a mouthful at Drea's question, letting Elaya speak. She listened as she chewed to the playful bickering, her grin growing wider as she swallowed, prepared to make some comment before Elaya cupped her face and kissed her, "Thank you darling. I love it."

"And I love you," Sera murmured back, noticing a few glances of surprise at the omission, but Seraphina wasn't about to let them spoil her mood. She was much too happy, and quite fine with proclaiming her feelings. She pulled Elaya into another deeper kiss, this one full of passion. Then she let her go, happy to continue eating as the bickering continued. Her eyes flicked to Kai as he got brought into the conversation. He replied with an equal sharp tooth grin, his eyes suddenly turning cat like and gold as the shifter played on his powers.

"Nothing I can see wrong Elaya...other than mine is better," he joked, flipping his hand past his hair in a mocking gesture and then shaking his head, like he had long hair he was playing with. As he did his hair turned a more golden color but it only lasted a few seconds before fading.

"You're getting better," Sera pointed out, wiggling her fork at him, "Changing your color is hard."

Kai's grin only grew wider at the compliment, winking at Elaya playfully, "She likes my hair Elaya."

~

While everyone bickered and joked Tatia fell deathly silent, staring down at her food. She had already been fighting off a bad mood this morning. She'd been happy until she had sat down for breakfast almost directly across from Sera and Elaya, stuck watching them kiss and giggle and remain in their little bubble. The constant reminder that she was alone sat right across from her, and that would have only dampened her mood if it wasn't for what came next. As hard as Gerry tried to distract her, the siren was not deaf. She heard the soft moan from Rey's lips and her eyes whipped, catching the glimpse of him behind Lairia, kissing her neck.

Her heart broke.

So it wasn't just a vampire thing. Reynault truly felt nothing for the siren, and instead fed his affections to their client, Lairia. A part of Tatia wanted to be spiteful and hate Lairia for this, but the woman was nice to her. She did not deserve that from the siren. Instead she kept her bitter, heartbroken feelings to herself, her eyes casted down to her food and remaining there. She did not join the conversation or utter a word. The siren was suppose to be happy after all. And if she wasn't, it was easier hiding it with silence than trying to fake her mood.

Back
Top Bottom