Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grimly Searching for a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Troll

Star
Greetings Bluemoon, I've come in search of games, of dice, and above all? I dream of glory and adventure, of tearing my way through the weak and the masses. But of course, I am not looking for an ongoing murder fest, not looking for mountains of corpses and seas of gore.... or at the very least, not the only things.

I currently have three characters looking for someone to lead them to glory, to unleash them across some helpless world, though if I have an offer, I would be more then happy to make a new character. For in the end, all that matters to me, is the games themselves, not what they are. To quote Samkin, the game is nothing, the playing of it, everything.

My only limits are scat and watersports.

Just send me a PM, if your interested in running something. However, I also play Black Crusade, GURPS 3e and Warhammer Fantasy 2nd edition.

tumblr_nskgdg8YDe1uck9ffo1_1280.jpg

His name is Naloth, a fearsome red dragon, and he knows it. He dreams of fire and gold, of gathering unto himself vast stores of wealth, a hoard to put to same the dreams of human and dwarven kings. To lurk atop that, as the pathetic races of the world come to him, and offer up tribute and worship, that he may spare their lives, to enslave them rather then waste the time to incinerate them for their presumption that there feeble pleading matters to one as exalted as himself.

Of course, he is not yet anywhere near his full growth.

Still, he will not sit around on his tail, no. He will seek out the beginnings of his hoard, he will take unto himself a host of servants and slaves, to glorify himself and establish his power in the world. And those that try and stop him?

They. Will. BURN.

His tale has begun, but the storyteller has had life intervene. (Not looking to continue, just here for a sample)

tyrannosaurus_1.jpg

His egg had been found, some few months ago, by a young novice wizard, exploring the forest. Taken back to her mistresses tower, he was fortunate in that the egg had not made into an omelet or used as the reagent for some spell. It was however, used for a particular experiment. Using an adaptation of the druidic spell, they sought to awaken him inside the egg, to essentially make the bird, for that is what they thought he was, might be raised to be a good minion for them.

One the one claw, they were wrong, if only because he was a good bit more... prehistoric. Still, after getting over the initial confusion, they began to experiment more on the hatchling, showing barely any affection towards the small reptile. It was hardly the best environment to grow up in.

Still, for Ruck, luck was with him. Two weeks ago, adventurers broke in, killed those in the tower, and looted the place. Having slipped out instead of guarding them, he lurked for a while, though now, he will go out into the world. He knows little of the world, though he knows one thing.

None will ever control him again!

567f8cf5-6d0a-4532-81c9-9d8790cab480.jpg

War, war was all he ever knew, all he knows, and all that he had ever been involved in. For trolls, despite their size, strength and tenacity, are seen as little more then living weapons. Those that try to break away are killed, executed to serve as examples, as their lives do not matter. Better that they die on the battlefield, then the important people, the actual people, the citizens. For what is the life of a monster compared to their own lives, or that of their family?

Trolls, while a wild and simple people, used to be more then this. They had a culture, however crude the civilized people would call it. they lived in harmony with the natural world, unlike the casual destruction that the city dwellers unleash. Broken and enslaved when the great empires expanded into their tribal territories, they have gone from being free peoples in the wilds, to the slave soldiers for uncaring cities, used to fight in proxy wars.

But, there is a burning core of resentment and hate, as the people in their walled cities grow fat and complement, relying almost entirely on their troll slaves to fight for them. And they are close to the point of a bloody uprising. Something that Kralg is all too aware of. Cunning and brutal, despite being young, he dreams of two things. Freedom for his people, and a death to civilization itself.

For once, this was troll land. They want to stay here? they'll stay here forever. Going to bury them here.

6d40a1883a15b66b4a61445cd2596dc2.jpg

Goran Steelshatter, has spent years in as extradite Runesmiths apprentice, doing the busy work, fetching things, as he dreamed, looking to the glories of the dwarven past, to their ancient works, so long overrun by Greenskins and Skaven. To have so much of their past lost, their relics stolen or destroyed, elders slain, and the thieves dwelling in what used to be proud dwarven holds. As he works the forge, as he makes his pieces, as crude and shoddy as they are, he dreams....

While still an apprentice, he knows the theory behind some of the runes, and can craft them, and while he takes pride in his work, he views the act of creation, and the reasons for why, to be greater then personal pride. While hardly a slayer, being more focused on rediscovering lost rune lore, he would fight alongside almost anyone against the foes of his people.

His stance on humans is that while they can be good people, they have also proven that many are easily led, and can betray and lie to each other, and will not remember their oaths, nor hold honor unto the death. He works to the point where he may become a journeyman, if only so he may be free to search out the lost secrets, and revenge himself on the foes of the dwarves.

7d306af1fab771c6cb985e6fc93c1774.jpg

Death, comes for all in time, but some wish to avoid it for as long as possible. Matthias Grimblood is one of these. A human born outside of the empire, he demonstrated signs of magic at an early age, something seen as horrifying to his parents, who cast him out. While he survived alone for a time, he was taken in by his master, the Nacrarch Vampire Ilskar. For the most part, it was not quite a bad life, such as it was. The only living creature, save for the occasionally bandit in the towers dungeon, in the tower, he was used to long silence, with softly spoken orders for such and such a tome, or a particular item.

While for the most part, he was as a servant to the ancient creature, his nights were occasionally interspersed with lessons on the nature of magic, and the art of necromancy, along with reading, writing, and languages. Ilskar, while not the warmest, being more focused on research then blood, was not a cruel master, or rather, not a needlessly cruel master. And so, Matthias labors towards a small degree of mystical proficiency, to become a necromancer in truth.

For once he reaches that point, his master will grant him the Blood Kiss, and raise him to the ranks of the undying. Of course, there are strings attached. Yes, he would serve his master. Yes, he would be beholden to his service for several decades. But, the benefits, are considerable. So he searches for power, delving into the darkest of arts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom