Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dance To The Lies (Nladisha & Jacie)

Jacie

Planetoid
Lucena sighed as she laid in bed, she slowly shifted to her side to look out the window; the morning sun was starting to break over the hills. The blonde girl sighed softly before slowly sitting up as she got a better look of it, she really wished she wasn't awake right now but she had to be awoken sooner or later; so she was not going to start complaining. Lucena just sat there in bed, in her sleeping gown at the rising sun, the beautiful colors it threw into the sky. The princess quietly started humming as she enjoyed this peaceful morning.

"Your highness! Please wake up."

Ugh, well it was peaceful, she sighed and took a deep breath of the crisp morning air. "Thank you, but I have been up for a while now." She replied as she stood up as opened the door, she smiled at the maid who quickly started talking about drawing her up a bath and her clothes, and everything the princess needed to do today; one of those things was to break in her new servant girl who was more like a servant woman. Now it was time to get washed, dressed, and off to her private lessons.

Ugh! She hated them; it was so boring and her tutor scared her a little. Lucena wasn't sure what it was, but there was something about him that made her skin crawl. Well there was nothing she could do, the princess started to undress as her bath started to be filled.

If Jasmine had to choose between getting chained to a post and raped from sundown to sunup, or living comfortably in the home of her kingdom's enemies as a (relatively) pampered serving girl; she'd have eagerly stripped down naked and put the chains on herself. At least she'd have hope that some overly-excited pig might accidentally snap her neck while he was having his way with her. Then the shame and humiliation would be over. Instead, the great Jasmine al-Farah, the younger daughter of the Desert King, was up before dawn, dressed in a plain woolen tunic that reached down past her ankles and leather clogs, transfering boiling water from a cast-iron cauldron to a large, circular bath. Only the jewel-encrusted, golden tie holding her hair in its high ponytail remained to remind her of her former rank.

There was a time when Jasmine would be recieving a bath like this. As the younger sister to the crown princess, Jasmine would have woken up late, bathed, perhaps sat through some lessons from one of her elder sister's tutors, played with her little brother, and generally spent the day lounging about until her father or sister summoned her. Then came the war that saw her father's death, the ascent of her sister to the throne, and the end of Jasmine's comfortable world.

Jasmine's capture had been a fluke: the enemy had outmanuvoured her sister's armies and quickly stormed the capital. They captured Jasmine as she tried to flee through a storm drain - like a little rat instead of a princess. At first, Jasmine thought the soldiers were saving her for someone special, especially when they presented her to the enemy king. But instead of tearing off her vest and trousers, and having his way with her; the king simply put her in fetters and placed her under guard with strict orders that no man should touch her on pain of castration. Apparently, the king thought it would be more humiliating to make Jasmine a domestic slave rather than a sex one. And he was right. Jasmine might have had a strong body, but she was still a princess - even if she were a former one, at that.

Jasmine slipped on a wet spot on the floor.

"Be careful!" snapped the chief maid (Jasmine wondered if she was a slave, like her, or a highered servant. Either way, it grated on Jasmine's nerves to be chided by someone she would have normally ignored with a turn of her nose). "We mustn't keep the princess waiting while you bumble around with her bath water."

"Yes, ma'am," Jasmine said through her teeth as she regained her balance. She did her best to sound humble and contrite. She could still feel the tingle of the maid's palm against her cheek. She hadn't realized how much slaps to the face could hurt. As she retrieved another load of water - as gingerly as she could to avoid scalding what was left of her delicate little hands - she imagined the princess boiling to death in her own bath. Not Jasmine's fault; but it would certainly serve the king right for putting Jasmine in this degrading position.

The princess sat on her bed dressed in a simple robe, she sighed as pale green eyes moved around the room. She took in the decorations, the polished mirror on the wall, the stones of her walls; how beautiful it all was yet it felt like a cage. It was true, Lucena felt like she was a prisoner in this place rather than a princess; she was almost never allowed out of here. The most she saw from the world was a few balls here, a hearing there; not much else interaction with people of the outside. Any time outside the walls of her home required her to cover almost all her skin and wear a veil to keep any and everyone from seeing her skin and hair, even if being fair was a blessing; being this pale was a curse in her parents eyes. Lucena didn't feel different or ill, but she did as the king and queen told her.

Her small but quick hands started making work of her pale blond hair, the warm weather of spring and it's light showers made the air thick with humidity which made her hair feel thicker and heavier than normal; sometimes she wished she could just cut it but her mot- the queen, would not have that. The best the young princess could do was a braid, just a thick heavy braid to make her neck sore in a few hours. "Lovely." Lucena muttered to herself as she finished tying it, she looked up as the maids came back in, a fake smile on her lips as she watched them fill the bath. "Thank you."

She said softly as she slowly got up, being careful to not fall or slip to avoid bruising or even breaking something; she had witnessed more than a few servants having their lives ended that way and it frightened her very much. Lucena watched as the last of the hot water was added to the cold water, she touched it and confirmed it was perfect; her smile was a little more genuine as she didn't want them to worry about her. She was about to disrobe when she noticed a new servant, she used that term very very lightly; the woman before her was...stunning to say the least. She had this air about her that almost made the princess feel like she before a queen, Lucena looked away as she realized she was staring. "I have not seen you before, who may you be?" Her questioned as her eyes ran over the woman before her, she quickly noticed the jeweled hair piece and it just snapped in place. "You are the captured princess, are you not?" Well that made sense, she certainly had that power about her; something Lucena had found herself lacking. Even if she studied and learned everything to be a queen some day, it would be impossible without being wed first; with that being impossible without anyone offering to take her hand.

Even this early, the humidity was starting to get to Jasmine. Not for the first time did she miss her home. With the exception of the summer monsoons - when the puffy white clouds built up over the mountains, threatening high winds, lightening, and rain - it was always dry. The hot water of the bath wasn't helping either. Jasmine could probably bathe in her own sweat at this rate.

Suddenly, the other servants parted to let in their master. Jasmine joined them. She followed thier example and cast her eyes down on the ground. Still, curiousity lead her to eye this child up and down. She was certainly younger than Jasmine - almost her brother's age. The girl was quite frail and sickly looking. Jasmine imagined snapping her like a twig.

Suddenly, just as the young princess looked ready to disrobe, she paused and said something. It took a moment for Jasmine to realize the girl was addressing her. As she struggled to compose something that would sound submissive and unassuming - Jasmine knew better than to sass back at her master, even if she refused to think of herself as a slave - the girl spoke again. Jasmine tensed and gritted her teeth. Being reminded of what she once was from someone who would have been her direct peer a month ago made her bristle with rage and shame. The barely surpressed giggles of the other slaves only enraged her more. Yet Jasmine held her tongue. She clamped her jaw until it hurt, just to keep from saying the first flipant thought that came to her tongue. She spread her hands to keep from clenching her fists. It took a good long minute for her bout of anger to pass. When it did, she answered exactly as a slave was expected to.

"I am your most humble and obediant servant, Mistress. Nothing more. Nothing less." Jasmine hoped the princess wouldn't catch the scorn and sarcasm oozing through her submissive facade.

That was certainly not the answer the princess was looking for. It was so strange to hear that coming from this fallen princess, maybe a few months ago they would have been friends of same rank if they met; maybe they would have been enemies. Even with her head bowed and her voice so strained, even acting with such deference; she still oozed majesty but also something else. She seemed like the calm before the storm, she looked like a very fulminate person.

Lucena looked over at the other servant’s giggling, she frowned as she glared at them. What was so funny? All the princess did was ask someone who once held a likewise rank a question, was that so funny? “Everyone leave us here, I’d like to speak with my new servant.” Lucena said as she pulled her robes closer and made sure she was covered up, hearing her say something like made the other servants stop.

“But your highness-”

“Excuse you, did I allow you to speak?” Lucena snapped back. She knew she was tiny and so thin that even a strong wind would seem like it could/would blow her away, but she was very adamantine once you got to know her; she showed her true colors now as she spoke. The servant quickly shut up before quickly getting up and leaving, the room slowly emptied out except for the fallen princess. “Please forgive me about that, it was not very princess-like but at time she angers me.” Lucena said as she sighed softly, she looked at the servant. “Raise your head, we are both of equal ranks.”

It was true, she felt bad for this princess being enslaved like this; she seemed so...interesting. As the blonde looked her over she also noticed how svelte the fallen princess was, it made her a little envious. “You seem like someone who would be very livid and tempestuous, am I right?” Small talk was nice, maybe she could get a response. "Feel free to talk freely, I'm not my fa- I mean, I'm not the king; I won't hang you for being lose with your tongue."

Jasmine kept her head bowed in deference to her mistress until the girl bade her not to. She gritted her teeth when the girl remarked they were of equal rank. That might be true, but the princess wasn't the one dressed in sack-cloth and leather clogs who had just finished drawing a bath. Jasmine was aware of the other servants leaving. It made her feel self conscious. She was a little glad she didn't have to hear them snickering and giggling over the fact the lowest of thier ranks had fallen from such a great height; but being alone with her new mistress was awkward. Uneasiness edged out the anger and shame.

"If her highness were stripped from everything she had ever known, carried away like a piece of war booty, and set down in a place where she could be reminded every day of the person she once was, would she not be very livid and tempestuous herself?" asked Jasmine in response to the direct question from her mistress. Before she could stop herself, she added, "Your father is as cruel as he is unforgiving. Not only must he destroy his enemies, he must humiliate and perpetually shame them as well."

She listened as Jasmine spoke, yeah it took a few moments but finally the blonde girl remembered the other princess’s name; it was such a pretty name as well. “I know my father is cruel, it is true. I do not agree with anything he does but there is nothing I can do, I’m just the princess.” Lucena muttered in defeat, she sighed as she sat on the edge of the tub. “The secret princess, the ghost princess...The cursed princess; I go by a lot of names...I’m sorry for what my father has done to you and your kingdom. Ever since my birth mother passed his heart has turned dark, he doesn’t want to seem weak so he hurts people…” She sighed before sitting up a little and shaking her head. “I am not as strong as you, I wouldn’t be tempestuous or livid. I would be depressed and sad, I would be such a horrible servant.” Lucena let out a faint chuckle, it was so weak it just sounded like she has let out a breath. “I can’t let you go, we’d both be killed...But I can help you a little; would you like to be my personal handmaiden?” She knew it wasn’t much, but it was the best she could do in this situation.

Jasmine was quite surprised that the princess agreed about her own father. Most princesses would have retorted about the crimes of Jasmine's own father. It would serve him and his people right to see one of thier princesses carried off like a common war prize. Some of Jasmine's anger left her when the princess sat down and began to feel sorry for herself. Jasmine recognized those euphemisms the princess used from snippets of conversation from the other slave girls: secret princess, ghost princess, cursed princess... Jasmine thought maybe they applied to her. It was no secret she once had been a princess herself.

Her rage ebbed even more when she heard the princess laugh. It sounded so weak and sickly... Jasmine had thought the princess was just soft and delicate. Now that she saw the girl up close, it became apparent she was more frail than sylphlike. No wonder Jasmine thought she could break the girl in two.

The princess' offer really stunned Jasmine. If she were any other slave girl - perhaps some peasant's daughter sold as payment for a debt - she would have been honored. As a former princess - and a captured one at that - all she could say was, "Me, your highness? I... Why me?"

Lucena looked at her when she asked her such a question, it was a little of strange but she also kind of understood from where it came from; the princess would have asked something like that as well if she was in Jasmine’s position. “Well, you seem nice. Even if you hate my father and you probably wish to claw my face off, you’ve been nothing but polite to me.” She smiled a little more genuine as she sat there, Lucena did look rather frail mostly because she was; she rarely ate and slept so it affected it he. She had her reasons for doing such, one that she rarely told anyone.

“I can also tell working with the other servants isn’t fun at all, especially with all their yelling and bossing around, and hitting.” Lucena reached towards Jasmine before gently touching the fallen princess’s cheek, she could see the red slap marks on her skin; her fingers gently ran over Jasmine’s cheek before slowly pulling away. “Sorry.

Lucena pulled her hand away before continuing. “Also I want to help you as much as I can, we are both princesses, so why not help you out as much as I can; I apologize it isn’t much.” She shifted on the tub before clearing her throat, she didn’t want to rush Jasmine but she had lectures to attend. “What do you say?”

Jasmine did not flinch when her mistress touched her cheek. It wasn't because she was still playing the part of the passive, demur slave-girl. Jasmine didn't flinch because... she wasn't sure why. She snorted at the princess' words.

"That is my fault, your highness," she said, once again adopting that slave-girl attitude. "I was used to being the mistress of my own slaves, and do not how to be one myself. If I did not want to, I did not even have to dress or bathe my self." Part of the casus belli for the invasion of her kingdom had been her people's insatiable appetite for slaves, something Jasmine now regretted.

She gave a heavy sigh when the princess once again reminded her of what she once was. "I am not a princess. At least not anymore. Your father saw to that. Then again, you don't call me a 'princess' to mock me - not like the others." She hesitated again as she considered the princess' offer. "I will accept," she said finally, "If only to get away from the other girls. At least you don't mock me." Jasmine looked down at her dirty clogs. "I suppose I should be honored, but..." Her voice trailed off as she realized now she'd be working very closely with someone who was in the position she herself once occupied.

Back
Top Bottom