Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The frustration of endings

Caitrionna

Planetoid
Do you ever feel that?
You read a book, and it has you all enthralled. You REALLY need to know the end, because everything in the story SCREAMS for a good, solid ending.
And the ending is crap. I'm not talking about those endings that have you shocked and surprised. Those "I totally didn't see THAT coming!" kinds of endings.
No. I'm talking about the: "WTF? No you didn't just ruin 487 pages of reading fun and turned them into utter crap" kind of endings.
I don't think I'll be able to read another Richard Laymon soon. oO I mean... it took me 100 pages to get used to his writing style (he's very much into writing as a movie would play out. Few descriptions, a lot of action), then got used to it and REALLY wanted to know the ending. I had been promised by critics that Laymon uses the evil in your neighborhood to create his stories. That it isn't some "outworldly evil" but the "evil right under your eyes" that create the horror in his stories. And then?
Bam...bam... baaaaaam.... it is a supernatural villain? Really? When there was endless possibilities of horror? It is the evil supernatural villain? REALLY? And the entire book turned from an entertaining psychothriller into utter crap.
Gah! Sometimes I HATE endings.

Back
Top Bottom