Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The dying (Strawberry_kiss & fogu_s_tofu)

"Yeah I do" She nodded, grabbing her purse and some of her folders that included the map. She smiled as he grabbed the book, and walked out the room as he opened the door for her. Grabbing the keys from her purse, she glanced back at him as they headed for her car, "So...Where are we headed?"

He closed and locked the entrance. "We should stay on this road untill it becomes narrow. there should be a barn, a small grove of trees off to the side." He pointed down the way they needed to go. he had seen everything when it was all fresh, and the thought churned his stomach. "Can we stop for a burger. I know we've just eaten, but..." He bit his lip a little. "Remember those rare urges I spoke of last night." he seemed a little ashamed, the thought of that horrific scene making him yearn for a bite.

"Alright..." She looked at the road he pointed out as she started the car and she started to drive. She blinked, turning to him as he asked for a burger and slowly nodded, "Uhh..Of course..." She smiled softly, turning the car to drive to the closest fast food drive-thru to buy him the burger

"Welcome to Larrie's. May I take your order?" The urge was strong, Z leaned across the seat, "I'd like a large cheese burger. Make it raw, no pickles, extra onions." There was a long silence before the voice picked up again. "One large cheeseburger. Raw, no pickles with extra onions. Would you like fries with that?" It was amazing to the man how unphased this guy seemed. "No thank you."
"Is that all?" Z looked to Amelia. "Would you like something? Anything? I'll buy." This is when he thought about him leaning across her, he wasn't atop her, but still. "I shall let you order your own." He say back in his seat and looked out of the window.

Mia leaned back a bit, blushing as he leaned across the seat, getting practically on top of her. She looked away, feeling a bit embarassed but remained quite nonetheless as he made his order. "H-Huh..? Oh..Nothing..Thank you" She smiled, sitting up as he sat back in his own seat,

He produced the money, a twenty, and handed it to her. "Sorry." He seemed quite flushed. "Keep it of give the guy a tip. I've got more." At the moment he felt like crawling under a rock, yet, oddly enough he didn't know why.

"No its alright" She shook her head as she handed the twenty over to the payment counter, while they waited for his burger. Her cheeks were still slightly flushed, but she tried to act casual nonetheless, "So...Is a burger enough to satisfy your urges.... Every time...?"

He kept his eyes out the window, but the reflection he saw was not his own. "Robbed a blood bank once. Felt bad, so I got a few scumbags together and made them donate. Best drive they had in years." He smiled at the pink in her cheeks, mirrors sure came in handy. "Here's your order." As the bag was passed to Amelia, Z looked like a dog waiting for a treat.

She smirked a bit at the blood donation story, taking the bas as it was handed to her, thanking the cashier as she handed him his burger and started to drive to the road as he instructed her earlier, "Hope this burger would be good enough.."

"It'll do." He said unwrapping it. He found with the fisrt bite that the meat was a good grade. "Oooh nice. I rather have quality over McDonalds any day." He kept the scene sort of hidden, seeing as it might disgust her. He even ate with class, using napkins and chewing with his mouth closed.

when he finnished, he placed everything in the bag and folded it up neatly. "Thank you for stopping."

She chuckled softly, nodding, "YEah...McDonald's crap.." She sighed, not really glancing his way as he ate his burger, keeping her eyes on the road as she drove towards the barn

"It is funny, but I often wonder if that is what they really serve."

The small side road came into view, along with the barn and trees. "Right over there." He pointed out. "It might be better to park on the blacktop. It's pretty rutted on the drive way."

She nodded, starting to park her car on the blacktop. As she stepped out of the car, grabbing her purse, she looked back at him, "So...What are we looking for in this old, seemingly-empty barn..? Do you think all the kidnap victims are here..?"

Her question was valid. "Actually, I do believe they're dead. This is just a scene, so you can get an idea of what we're dealing with. Books are one thing, my dear. Seeing is another." He felt the need to have them go back, but, he knew that with her job, she would see these things anyway. "There may also be clues these backwood lawmen missed." His resentment for the sherif and the deputy showed clearly just as much as it had the day before.

They walked across the grass right up to the doors. "Well, this is your last chance to enjoy being full." He gave her a moment then swung the door open. The stench of decay and a swarm of flies came rushing out. Inside, they could see dried blood hand prints, large splashes like someone had thrown paint buckets. The earth was still damp, the barn with it's humid atmosphere keeping the vile reminders. Chips could be seen in the walls, looking alot like claw or deep finger marks. Z breathed very little, every breath was shallow and through a covered mouth. "It's not as bad as a few days ago." He pointed at an old plow, stringy fibers hung off of it. "Meat hook." Then at an old bench. "Buffet table."

She smirked as his resentment of the sheriff showed once again, rolling her eyes at him as she walked across the grass and up to the doors with him. She gulped nervously, taking a deep breath just as he swung the door open. She squeaked and immediately ducked as a swarm of flies came rushing out, glancing back in horror as she looked at what was within the barn. Mia stayed close to Z as she looked at the blood stains, the damp earth, the marks on the walls as well as the old plow and the blood drenched bench. She slapped her hand over her mouth, holding back the urge to throw up. She took a few deep breaths, this what she should expect with this line of work...Keep it together...You've been trained for this... she thought to herself

He watched, she handled it better than hardened soldiers. "Would you like to take a few. It isn't going anywhere." He was concerned. "Sadly, It's something you get used to." He remembered his first find. He did puke. All over Joe Kapala's shoes. "I never did tell you about my old mentor." Small talk, he learned that it helped.

"Joe Kapala. A good guy, aging. He took me in after... well, my family died. Started teaching me about these things. I'm no dectective, but he did help me learn to observe." He figured he's get the ball rolling.

She turned around, taking a few deep breaths when she turned away from the chocking scent of death and blood within the abandoned barn, her eyes starting to tear up. Her limps shook slightly, but she kept a firm, straight face, "I-Its not...something I could ever imagine getting used to...." She replied softly, her voice shaky as well. As he started to speak of his mentor, she took in a few deep breaths. Just as her nerves started to calm down, shelet out a soft sigh, looking back at him, her hand griping tightly onto the door frame, "Oh..? He sounds like a wonderful man.." She smiled, nodding softly, "So...What can you tell me about...that scene..?"

Her question, like others, was answered.

"The hay was used as a bed. There's hoof prints in pairs of two rather than sets of four. But I think this thing is smart, there isn't enough pressure on the prints to suggest any weight was put on them. There is a partial print here by the door, definetly not human. The bodies... they were ripped and torn, a man would use a saw or something. That's all I assessed before I was arrested." Indeed, he pointed out a few things. Things that suggested that whatever this could be, it tried to throw off Z and the police. "This is actually quite a clean scene."

"That's a clean scene....?" She raised an eyebrow at him. She sighed, then looked back at the scene, taking n another deep breath, "Should we...go in there and take a better look around...?" She turned to him, looking at him for reassurance. She was scared, that's for sure, but she wasn't going to stop until she gets thise case and proves herself to the bureau

"I've looked it over twice. Might be a fresh pair of eyes to get something on this monster." She looked like she wasn't feeling too hot about this idea. "It'll be good experience, trust me." Z opened the door wider and stepped past her. In a situation like this, she didn't need to be going first, it was an old barn that had just went through alot recently. "Come on then."

She already felt queasy at his words, letting out a soft groan as she turned back to the Barn, taking a deep breath before she stepped in after him. Mia concentrated on keeping her nerves calm and steady as she looked around the scene slowly, taking in every inch of it, "Good experience, indeed..." She muttered softly under her breath, hating herself for the moment for her choice of a career, before she started to take a closer look at the claw and scratch marks on the wall, "So...When did you think all of...this happened?" She asked him quietly, trying to remain professional

The expression on her face was quite entertaining, but he held it together. Kept it business.

"A few hours after they went missing, a few before I had arrived. All in all a good ammount of time. The cops arrived just after I did, I'm thinking this was a good place to look. A drifter had been found dead here a few years back, though, he was killed by his traveling companion. They never got the guy."

He looked over a few spots again, finding nothing, he'd never seen the bodies all that clearly. They had been stripped, torn, bloody. Herd to look for clues in such a mess.

She nodded slightly, starting to get a bit more used to the place as she looked around it, examining some fallen furniture and mangled bloody blobs around the place, trying to find a clue to something, "I'm not sure what I should be looking for..." She sighed, picking up a piece of a destroyed table

"Look for anything thay catches your eye." He told her this with a confident tone. "You just never know what will be the case breaker." He bent down and stuck his hand in a hole. He pulled it out with a sigh. "It can take a while. You just have to think out side the box."

She nodded softly back at him, glancing back at the walls. She traced her hand along it, her fingers tracing over the marks, the imagery being reenacted in her head. She sighed, lightly tapping her fist upon the wall. When she heard a hollow sound, she frowned a bit, knocking along the wall a few times, "It's hollow.." She whispered, more to herself. She looked back at him, "Maybe there's something behind that wall"

Back
Top Bottom